Have i been conned by WoW ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

gizmo12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 gizmo12345
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts

i recently perchased a 60 day pre paid card it came with the following

- the card

- a 10 day guest code for a friend

- a disk shaped card which says about u can pay in 1, 3, 6 months online

nothing else came with it. I whent onto the webpage it told me to go to and began to folow the steps. I read the user aggreement and accepted. The next page asked for an authentication key. I thoughtr it must be on the card so i pealed off the bit covering a code and typed it in. The things i typed it would not fit in their correct boxes but i kept trying several times and then tried re-araging the sections so they would go in the boxes, But still no luck. I thought that cant be the key so looked for another but there was no other keys other than the 10 day one for a friend. I typed that in and it fit exactly. But it still said it wasnt a pre paid authentication key. I dont know what to do !

i had the game readily installed from my previous 10 day trial so i didnt need to buy the disks so i just bought the 60 day card

please help me !

Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

- the card

nothing else came with it. I whent onto the webpage it told me to go to and began to folow the steps. I read the user aggreement and accepted. The next page asked for an authentication key. I thoughtr it must be on the card so i pealed off the bit covering a code and typed it in. The things i typed it would not fit in their correct boxes but i kept trying several times and then tried re-araging the sections so they would go in the boxes, But still no luck. I thought that cant be the key so looked for another but there was no other keys other than the 10 day one for a friend. I typed that in and it fit exactly. But it still said it wasnt a pre paid authentication key. I dont know what to do !

i had the game readily installed from my previous 10 day trial so i didnt need to buy the disks so i just bought the 60 day card

please help me !

gizmo12345

That's where you were wrong.  You can't con Blizzard by extending the 10 day trial with a prepaid card.  You have to buy the game.  Did you really think you could get away with that?

nivet14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 nivet14
Member since 2006 • 5329 Posts
WoW is just a waste of money.
Johnny_Rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Johnny_Rock
Member since 2002 • 40314 Posts

WoW is just a waste of money.nivet14

Just like the Gamecube...  but more fun.

BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BloodMist
Member since 2002 • 32922 Posts
LOL, buy the game man.NCSoft was cool enough to let you continue right on after the 2 week trial they had for CoH, but Blizzard just ain't that cool.
Avatar image for sprint_car_fan2
sprint_car_fan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sprint_car_fan2
Member since 2007 • 2611 Posts
WoW is just a waste of money.nivet14
I was gonna say that
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
LOL ......You're trying to subscribe to a game you haven't even bought yet? Self pwnage!!
Avatar image for sprint_car_fan2
sprint_car_fan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 sprint_car_fan2
Member since 2007 • 2611 Posts
nice one SuperBeast
DuaneDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 DuaneDog
Member since 2006 • 999 Posts

Seems like it could be an honest mistake in a game that you pay monthly to play.  Since you've already paid for a 60 day card you may want to go to direct2drive and download the full game for $19.99.  I'm pretty sure that version you can download will let you do what you need to do. Another option maybe to call blizzard. You'll probably still have to pay but maybe they can keep you from having to reinstall as that is time consuming itself.

Not sure why so many people arrogantly say 'it's a waste of money' when there are 8 million people playing the thing!!! If you get in to it and meet tons of friends and have guilds and all I think it would be much fun. I personally played it for  about 9 months for many, many, many hours. Sure after that long I got kind of tired of it but that's a long time for a game to hold my interest. The cool thing is you play as long as you want then just cancel your subscription. No big deal.

ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts

Seems like it could be an honest mistake in a game that you pay monthly to play. Since you've already paid for a 60 day card you may want to go to direct2drive and download the full game for $19.99. I'm pretty sure that version you can download will let you do what you need to do. Another option maybe to call blizzard. You'll probably still have to pay but maybe they can keep you from having to reinstall as that is time consuming itself.

Not sure why so many people arrogantly say 'it's a waste of money' when there are 8 million people playing the thing!!! If you get in to it and meet tons of friends and have guilds and all I think it would be much fun. I personally played it for about 9 months for many, many, many hours. Sure after that long I got kind of tired of it but that's a long time for a game to hold my interest. The cool thing is you play as long as you want then just cancel your subscription. No big deal.

DuaneDog
Just because a lot of people play doesnt mean its good. Millions of people are addicted to drugs too. 9 months isn't that long either, I've played CSS for over 2 years, never had to pay more than the forty dollars. WoW is a waste of money.
ImDrFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 ImDrFreak
Member since 2002 • 1492 Posts
Just because a lot of people play doesnt mean its good. Millions of people are addicted to drugs too. 9 months isn't that long either, I've played CSS for over 2 years, never had to pay more than the forty dollars. WoW is a waste of money.ElectricNZ
How about letting people decide that for themselves by trying it out, rather than say something so grossly uninformed. Thanks.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
That's the only argument fanboys can come up with .. "But 8 million people play it". It's getting old.
Lonezerth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Lonezerth
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts
As opposed to the nicely crafted arguments of the hateboys...
Lilpeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Lilpeto
Member since 2004 • 51 Posts
You definitely have to buy the game first, man.     
lifetaker22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lifetaker22
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts
you should've just paid the 19.99...you get 30 days with it.
gizmo12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gizmo12345
[QUOTE="gizmo12345"]

- the card

please help me !

Johnny_Rock

That's where you were wrong.  You can't con Blizzard by extending the 10 day trial with a prepaid card.  You have to buy the game.  Did you really think you could get away with that?

Well i wasnt gunna extend the 10 day trial i was just gunna create a proper account with my pre paid card my m8 says i dont need the discs for that, so does the other code come with the discs ?
blazealot420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 blazealot420
Member since 2004 • 1655 Posts
All you have to do is buy the retail copy of WoW which is only 19.99$, theres a code you can use to create a bran new account (you get 1 month free) or you can use the code and upgrade your trial account if you like(you still get the month), you dont need to re install the game or anything you can just continue playing and also add the 60 day game card on top of the free month.
gizmo12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gizmo12345

is it possible to use a friends code ?

because the authentication code isnt unique well it is but not unique like the one on ur pre paid cards

so would it work if i used my m8's code ?

Stefan575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Stefan575
Member since 2003 • 56 Posts
please stop being an idiot and stop listening to your "m8s". You need the Wow discs and the authentication key on those disks to create a normal account, you are still stuck on trial and just buying prepaid cards wont magically upgrade your account, buy the game for 20 bcuks which COMES with a free 30 days,  then come back here saying how stupid you are
Letesmetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Letesmetty
Member since 2007 • 273 Posts
[QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]Just because a lot of people play doesnt mean its good. Millions of people are addicted to drugs too. 9 months isn't that long either, I've played CSS for over 2 years, never had to pay more than the forty dollars. WoW is a waste of money.ImDrFreak
How about letting people decide that for themselves by trying it out, rather than say something so grossly uninformed. Thanks.

How is that uninformed? He's completely correct.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 112505
Member since 2006 • 934 Posts

[QUOTE="nivet14"]WoW is just a waste of money.Johnny_Rock

Just like the Gamecube...  but more fun.

The Gamecube at least lasts and has real fun not just mindless addiction. I need another Zelda to pull me away from WoW.
hypnotoad8128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#24 hypnotoad8128
Member since 2007 • 474 Posts
All you have to do is buy the retail copy of WoW which is only 19.99$, theres a code you can use to create a bran new account (you get 1 month free) or you can use the code and upgrade your trial account if you like(you still get the month), you dont need to re install the game or anything you can just continue playing and also add the 60 day game card on top of the free month. blazealot420
You can't seriously be that stupid can you??? Everyone here has told you what to do in plain simple English and you still don't get it???? Jeez.

You cannot upgrade the trial version without BUYING an ORIGINAL copy of the game with it's own auth code. Your mate has no idea and neither do you so i'll spell it out plain and simple. 1. BUY THE GAME. NO ONE ELSE'S CODES WILL WORK 2. USE THE AUTH CODE THAT COMES WITH THE DISCS IN THE GAME. YOU WILL THEN GET 30 DAYS CREDIT. 3. ADD YOUR 60 DAY PRE-PAID CARD TO YOUR NEW ACCOUNT 4. PLAY THE GAME. AMAZINGLY S-I-M-P-L-E
Ryle_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#25 Ryle_Boy
Member since 2006 • 2543 Posts
[QUOTE="ImDrFreak"][QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]Just because a lot of people play doesnt mean its good. Millions of people are addicted to drugs too. 9 months isn't that long either, I've played CSS for over 2 years, never had to pay more than the forty dollars. WoW is a waste of money.Letesmetty

Or not. He's saying that WoW is a waste of money. He may think that, thats his choice, but don't go saying it's a waste of money. I've been playing for 6 or 7 months, and not once have I ever regretted buying it. If anything I've saved money, because I can keep focused on the one game, rather than buy a $99 game every couple of weeks, when I can just buy a $40 card and that's my entertainment for 2 weeks. WoW is most definately the best game I've ever played. No regrets.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BounceDK
[QUOTE="Letesmetty"][QUOTE="ImDrFreak"][QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]Just because a lot of people play doesnt mean its good. Millions of people are addicted to drugs too. 9 months isn't that long either, I've played CSS for over 2 years, never had to pay more than the forty dollars. WoW is a waste of money.Ryle_Boy

Or not. He's saying that WoW is a waste of money. He may think that, thats his choice, but don't go saying it's a waste of money. I've been playing for 6 or 7 months, and not once have I ever regretted buying it. If anything I've saved money, because I can keep focused on the one game, rather than buy a $99 game every couple of weeks, when I can just buy a $40 card and that's my entertainment for 2 weeks. WoW is most definately the best game I've ever played. No regrets.

Don't say it's worth the money. It's the worst, most boring game I've ever played.
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
[QUOTE="Ryle_Boy"][QUOTE="Letesmetty"][QUOTE="ImDrFreak"][QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]Just because a lot of people play doesnt mean its good. Millions of people are addicted to drugs too. 9 months isn't that long either, I've played CSS for over 2 years, never had to pay more than the forty dollars. WoW is a waste of money.BounceDK

Don't say it's worth the money. It's the worst, most boring game I've ever played.

Its worth the money ONLY if you like those kind of games. Opinions FTW! Anyways OP, just go out and buy the game + burning crusade and save those game cards for after the initial free month passes by. The system is weird but thats how it is.
BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BloodMist
[QUOTE="Ryle_Boy"][QUOTE="Letesmetty"][QUOTE="ImDrFreak"][QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]Just because a lot of people play doesnt mean its good. Millions of people are addicted to drugs too. 9 months isn't that long either, I've played CSS for over 2 years, never had to pay more than the forty dollars. WoW is a waste of money.BounceDK

Well, oh, guess what?I've played WoW for over 800 hours and enjoyed every god damn minute of it, because i love the gameplay.So, your opinion is not the law after all, ya moron.
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 BounceDK
Oh noes, a fanboy called me a moron. If you could read you'd probably spot why I typed that, but noooo, fanboys will kill everyone who doesn't share their passion for this god awful game.
BloodMist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BloodMist
[QUOTE="BounceDK"]Oh noes, a fanboy called me a moron. If you could read you'd probably spot why I typed that, but noooo, fanboys will kill everyone who doesn't share their passion for this god awful game.

Hmm....maybe i shoulda called you thick headed.Yeah, that's just what i'll do.
Lonezerth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lonezerth
Member since 2005 • 322 Posts
I'm still amazed you try to discuss with the hateboys, they can call the fanboys retards and whatever they want but when the opposite happens, man, get some asbestos armor...

But please, keep up the good work. Whenever I need to remember how awful people are, I only need to read some WoW threads. Priceless, just priceless.
DuaneDog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DuaneDog
Member since 2006 • 999 Posts

Opinion!!! That is what this is!!! There are MILLIONS that disagree with you and that is ok. You find it boring perhaps because you had trouble making friends in the game. World of Warcraft can be a lonely place if your a social misfit who doesn't get along with others. BTW, nine months is NOT a short time to play a game almost daily for hundreds and hundreds of hours. If someone enjoys playing for even 3 months that is fine. They don't have to pay after that. Few games hold peoples attention for 1000 hours or nine months. If people find it boring, then they cancel. It's fine that YOU PERSONALLY find it boring. But here's an amazing thing you need to learn! People are DIFFERENT! Some people like sports and watching football. Other people hate it and find it boring. Some people like watching cooking shows. Other people find it boring. Some people like to read romance novels. Other people don't. The world is a diverse place. The sooner you learn that the better off you will be.