Hardware and Software become one

#1 Edited by xantufrog (11019 posts) -

Following overwhelming approval in the polls, the awkward separation between PC hardware and PC Society has been removed. Feel free to use this as your one stop shop for PC/Mac/Linux gaming discussion!

#2 Posted by Horgen (119966 posts) -

With that there has been some updates to the pinned threads.

#3 Edited by BassMan (9900 posts) -

Good stuff. Let us unite and stand strong together! Hehe :)

#4 Posted by mrbojangles25 (43569 posts) -

Huzzah!

#5 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15848 posts) -

Yea, traffic.

#6 Edited by mrbojangles25 (43569 posts) -

I don't know if this ever was answered @xantufrog@horgen but where will A/V chat go?

#7 Edited by xantufrog (11019 posts) -

@mrbojangles25: why not in the relevant forum? E.g., if it's about PC home theater setups, here, if it's general TV recommendations, General, is it's about X1 Atmos features, Xbox, etc?

I don't think it will be a problem, unless I'm missing something? Rarely saw anyone post on A/V that want tied to gaming or hardware in some other relevant way

#8 Posted by mrbojangles25 (43569 posts) -

@xantufrog: That makes sense, thanks.

I was just asking because it was previously "PC Hardware and A/V Discussion" but now that you mention it, I remember you saying something about posting it in the relevant forums back when this idea was proposed.

#9 Posted by DaVillain- (35541 posts) -

About time. I like having all PC content discussion in one forum.

#10 Posted by MonsieurX (38908 posts) -

Will there be changes to other sub-forums? Sports forum and Mobile are both dead and full of spam

#11 Posted by xantufrog (11019 posts) -

@MonsieurX: I don't know - I'll raise it with the mods. The problem is those don't have a nice merger situation like this. Nor do they have a semi-cohesive community here. Is the suggestion to scrap them entirely?

#12 Posted by MonsieurX (38908 posts) -

@xantufrog: Doubt the admins really care that much about it, just fin it funny they never cleaned the forums after all those years

#13 Posted by DaVillain- (35541 posts) -

@xantufrog: When was the last time you been to Retro Gaming forum? That place is a dead zone and I haven't posted over their in months because it's hardly used. Before that, Game Discussion was a suitable place for both retro & anything gaming related was better off in one place that is Game Discussion.

#14 Posted by Horgen (119966 posts) -

@davillain- said:

@xantufrog: When was the last time you been to Retro Gaming forum? That place is a dead zone and I haven't posted over their in months because it's hardly used. Before that, Game Discussion was a suitable place for both retro & anything gaming related was better off in one place that is Game Discussion.

So you want to merge Retro with normal games discussions? I'll air it to the other mods and admins.

#15 Posted by DaVillain- (35541 posts) -

@horgen said:
@davillain- said:

So you want to merge Retro with normal games discussions? I'll air it to the other mods and admins.

I'm all in for keeping old school games in Retro Gaming but if you have the title "Games Discussion" it should be for old and new game-wise talk. Retro Gaming isn't active as it once was, but I still go over their from time to time and still see the same old threads.

#16 Posted by Horgen (119966 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@horgen said:
@davillain- said:

I'm all in for keeping old school games in Retro Gaming but if you have the title "Games Discussion" it should be for old and new game-wise talk. Retro Gaming isn't active as it once was, but I still go over their from time to time and still see the same old threads.

It makes sense if it is high traffic, but apparently not. I think there was enough at one point to go forward with it.

#17 Posted by AcidTango (1647 posts) -

That's great

#18 Posted by amarcais53 (3 posts) -

cool