Halo:reach coming to PC?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jstamm33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 jstamm33
Member since 2008 • 492 Posts

I'm hoping it will come out for pc even as a port, I havent played halo since the first one on PC, and it would be nice to play it again lol..anyone know for sure if reach will come to PC? do people still play halo or halo 2 on pc? im considering picking up halo 2

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I'm hoping it will come out for pc even as a port, I havent played halo since the first one on PC, and it would be nice to play it again lol..anyone know for sure if reach will come to PC? do people still play halo or halo 2 on pc? im considering picking up halo 2

jstamm33
Halo was never a winner on PC, there are better FPS Halo 3 never made it so I don't think Reach will either... What's the big deal with Halo anyway, I always found it to be a common shooter, nothing special. What's Reach about?
kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts
Not interested; there are and will be equally as good games on the PC that I would rather put my money towards.
NoAssKicker47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#4 NoAssKicker47
Member since 2004 • 2855 Posts
[QUOTE="jstamm33"]

FelipeInside
Halo was never a winner on PC, there are better FPS Halo 3 never made it so I don't think Reach will either... What's the big deal with Halo anyway, I always found it to be a common shooter, nothing special. What's Reach about?

I agree, to an extent. Halo had excellent shooting mechanics and large battles against the Covenant were great for me, but then there were all the horrible Flood battles and the mind-numbing copy+pasted interior levels. Completely ruined the game for me.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d98e9b222525
deactivated-5d98e9b222525

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5d98e9b222525
Member since 2008 • 162 Posts

Halo was great in its day but it's been well surpassed now

Avatar image for creaturemagic27
creaturemagic27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 creaturemagic27
Member since 2010 • 86 Posts

Its called Section 8 and Section 8 Prejudice! I actually find it better because theres no spawn camping and snipers aren't overpowered and it had jeptpack b4 alo reach. Tribes had it first though. Plus halo is a corridor shooter same as cod. Battlefeild games, Section 8 and many other under appreciated games are way better. No better get my sheild out. I see halo and COD fanboys coming! PS: Black ops looks better than other COD games and looks like it may be dif. and actually good.

Avatar image for Einhanderkiller
Einhanderkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 Einhanderkiller
Member since 2003 • 13259 Posts
Halo 4 might come to PC because it'll be developed by 343 Industries, but I doubt Halo: Reach will. Bungie helped a little bit with Halo and Halo 2 on PC, but since they're no longer working on Halo games, they wouldn't be able to help out with porting Halo: Reach.
mariokata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mariokata
Member since 2009 • 75 Posts

Who cares about halo and microsoft when you can play games like mass effect, starcraft 2, modern warfare, battlefield bc 2 and many more

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
I love the Halo series and wish to see it coming for PC, but the guys at MS have their own plans.
GameFan1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GameFan1983
Member since 2004 • 2189 Posts

I hope so too, I thought it was gonna be a failure like 2.3 and ODST turned out to be but it was a pleasant suprise, unfortunately M$ banned my 360 and it's not coming to PS3 so PC is my way to go. can't wait to try it out with my top of the line PC... if it ever port to PC that is....

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

Halo Reach is a really great game and i reccomend everyone here to try it out at least. The campaign is really fun this time around and the new armor abilities and weapons add a whole lot of depth. Reach is a lot better than a lot of shooters out there and content wise, it cant be beat

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts
I love the Halo series and wish to see it coming for PC, but the guys at MS have their own plans.GazaAli
Actually MS & Bungie split a few years ago.
Avatar image for hartsickdiscipl
hartsickdiscipl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 hartsickdiscipl
Member since 2003 • 14787 Posts

I don't see the need for Halo games on the PC. There are far better games, especially FPS available for that platform. All we PC gamers need is another Jedi Knight game and Half-life 2: EP3 (or just Half-life 3!).

GazaAli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GazaAli
Member since 2007 • 25216 Posts
[QUOTE="GazaAli"]I love the Halo series and wish to see it coming for PC, but the guys at MS have their own plans.Daytona_178
Actually MS & Bungie split a few years ago.

but isn't MS still the owner of the franchise? I mean MS gets to say what gets released and to which platform.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34696 Posts

Who cares about halo and microsoft when you can play games like mass effect, starcraft 2, modern warfare, battlefield bc 2 and many more

mariokata

I'd rather play Halo than Modern Warfare any day.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10494 Posts

[QUOTE="mariokata"]

Litchie

I'd rather play Halo than Modern Warfare any day.

+1

i'm gonna pick reach up in the next few days but i'd much rather play it on the pc than the 360

Urworstnhtmare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 Urworstnhtmare
Member since 2008 • 2630 Posts

I hope so too, I thought it was gonna be a failure like 2.3 and ODST turned out to be but it was a pleasant suprise, unfortunately M$ banned my 360 and it's not coming to PS3 so PC is my way to go. can't wait to try it out with my top of the line PC... if it ever port to PC that is....

GameFan1983

2 wasn't a failure. People just didn't like the cliffhanger ending....

spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

who needs halo when there is Arma 2?

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

spookykid143
People normally use that figure of speech when theyre comparing things that are similar. Like who needs MOH when we have COD. As it is there is no other game like Halo. UT 2004 has somewhat similar mp but no real sp mode.
spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

[QUOTE="spookykid143"]

Cranler

People normally use that figure of speech when theyre comparing things that are similar. Like who needs MOH when we have COD. As it is there is no other game like Halo. UT 2004 has somewhat similar mp but no real sp mode.

Halo is generic as they come.

Winaragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Winaragon
Member since 2007 • 48 Posts

im considering picking up halo 2

jstamm33

Halo 2 is never a good choice among tons of fps games on pc, completely a failure with its graphics, a waste of money as I bought it

Darksec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Darksec
Member since 2010 • 46 Posts
Halo Reach beta was pretty good, like the new resolution and look to the game, the gameplay feels much better than in Halo 3 which was utter pants, im not normally that avid a player of halo i just get sucked into wanting to know the story outcome but Reach is something i think is an improvement on the series and id deffo get a PC version especialy if they did lvl building and mods etc. Could not comment on the story tho as beta was only MP
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside

Halo Reach is a really great game and i reccomend everyone here to try it out at least. The campaign is really fun this time around and the new armor abilities and weapons add a whole lot of depth. Reach is a lot better than a lot of shooters out there and content wise, it cant be beat

tutt3r
Content wise can't be beat? What do you mean?
Nino_ze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Nino_ze
Member since 2008 • 368 Posts
Halo 1 was awesome on PC, but then came Halo 2, and was rubbish, so I really hope not that Reach won't make it on PC
Farkeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Farkeman
Member since 2009 • 1199 Posts
halo is so overrated , its like cod games , people only like them coz they havent played anything else ... i would probably buy it from russians or something but i wouldnt pay like 50-60$ for it .
Velocitas8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Velocitas8
Member since 2006 • 10748 Posts

Wow, people are a little bit too hostile to Halo around here, I think :P

While it's far from being my favorite franchise, I would like to see Reach on the PC. There's just something that turns me off about playing any first-person shooter on a console..I probably won't even bring myself to complete more than a couple chapters on the 360.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I doubt it'll come to PC. I wish it would though.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17845 Posts
if it will your probably looking at a 2 year wait minimum. however neither 3 nor ODST came so i doubt we will see it at all. unless MSs apparent new push on PC gaming changes that policy. but i doubt it.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts
[QUOTE="spookykid143"]

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="spookykid143"]

Then how about a list of other games like Halo.
Chopmo81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Chopmo81
Member since 2007 • 402 Posts

[QUOTE="spookykid143"]

[QUOTE="Cranler"] People normally use that figure of speech when theyre comparing things that are similar. Like who needs MOH when we have COD. As it is there is no other game like Halo. UT 2004 has somewhat similar mp but no real sp mode. Cranler

I'm also curious how Halo is generic.

Kendog87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Kendog87
Member since 2010 • 1111 Posts

I dont think we are ever going to see halo reach on the PC nore will we see Halo 3. I found halo more of a sit on the couch with friends or lan type of game there are better online PC shooters.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="Cranler"][QUOTE="spookykid143"]Halo is generic as they come.

Chopmo81

I'm also curious how Halo is generic.

IMO I played it on PC and found it a common run-of-the-mill FPS..... not a BAD game but not also a great revolutionary game.... Might be different on XBOX....
tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

[QUOTE="tutt3r"]

FelipeInside

forge

firefight

theater

coop

it has a lot out of box which is more than a lot of games can say

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="tutt3r"]

tutt3r

forge

firefight

theater

coop

it has a lot out of box which is more than a lot of games can say

Sorry for my ignorance, can you explain each? I haven't played Halo (just the SP)
albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 albi321
Member since 2007 • 1552 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Sorry for my ignorance, can you explain each? I haven't played Halo (just the SP)

Forge - Map editor firefight - Up to 4 people try to survive as long as they can while wave after wave of Covenant attack. theater - All matches in halo (multiplayer, campaign, firefight) are recorded. You can go back and view them. Its not a video, you can "pop out" of fps view and just roam around the map while the game goes on or is paused etc. You can cut these into smaller videos and upload them to your fileshare, or send them to your friends coop - self explanatory On top of that it has excellent multiplayer.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="albi321"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Sorry for my ignorance, can you explain each? I haven't played Halo (just the SP)

Forge - Map editor firefight - Up to 4 people try to survive as long as they can while wave after wave of Covenant attack. theater - All matches in halo (multiplayer, campaign, firefight) are recorded. You can go back and view them. Its not a video, you can "pop out" of fps view and just roam around the map while the game goes on or is paused etc. You can cut these into smaller videos and upload them to your fileshare, or send them to your friends coop - self explanatory On top of that it has excellent multiplayer.

Aren't all those things on COD4? except maybe FireFight....
albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 albi321
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="albi321"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Sorry for my ignorance, can you explain each? I haven't played Halo (just the SP)

Aren't all those things on COD4? except maybe FireFight....

I haven't played COD4 on PC, but the console version doesnt have forge, firefight or theater.
Darksec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Darksec
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Sorry for my ignorance, can you explain each? I haven't played Halo (just the SP)albi321

So pretty much everything you have been able to do on pc for years with different names then? Some games that on pc have editors for maps etc that consoles dont and have done for years and years. You can record content from games on pc and have for years (i.e. fraps among other software anyone?) There is another piece of kit where you can roam round the world in your vids also but i beleive it does cost mind and certain games dont support it, depends how the games have been made. Again also you can send these to anyone by any method near enough. Co-op existed for years, Firefight is just multiplayer survival mode which existed for years again. Halo has brought nothing new on pc, it has only brought pc ish elements to console. Granted you may not have played certain titles on the pc to know some of the above or downloaded any additional pieces of software to be able to do some of the above also but that does not mean halo brought anything new other than a new story and charachter to the gaming world. Nice new world and possibilites to go with it but not genre changing or bringing anything new to pc, but maybe to consoles
albi321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 albi321
[QUOTE="albi321"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Sorry for my ignorance, can you explain each? I haven't played Halo (just the SP)Darksec

So pretty much everything you have been able to do on pc for years with different names then? Some games that on pc have editors for maps etc that consoles dont and have done for years and years. You can record content from games on pc and have for years (i.e. fraps among other software anyone?) There is another piece of kit where you can roam round the world in your vids also but i beleive it does cost mind and certain games dont support it, depends how the games have been made. Again also you can send these to anyone by any method near enough. Co-op existed for years, Firefight is just multiplayer survival mode which existed for years again. Halo has brought nothing new on pc, it has only brought pc ish elements to console. Granted you may not have played certain titles on the pc to know some of the above or downloaded any additional pieces of software to be able to do some of the above also but that does not mean halo brought anything new other than a new story and charachter to the gaming world. Nice new world and possibilites to go with it but not genre changing or bringing anything new to pc, but maybe to consoles

I never said it revolutionized anything. Its just a fun game. Why does a game have to "bring something" to the PC in order to be fun?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Darksec"][QUOTE="albi321"] Forge - Map editor firefight - Up to 4 people try to survive as long as they can while wave after wave of Covenant attack. theater - All matches in halo (multiplayer, campaign, firefight) are recorded. You can go back and view them. Its not a video, you can "pop out" of fps view and just roam around the map while the game goes on or is paused etc. You can cut these into smaller videos and upload them to your fileshare, or send them to your friends coop - self explanatory On top of that it has excellent multiplayer.albi321

I never said it revolutionized anything. Its just a fun game. Why does a game have to "bring something" to the PC in order to be fun?

I don't think he meant to quote you albi321 He meant to quote someone who said Halo was a revolution...
Darksec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Darksec
[QUOTE="Darksec"][QUOTE="albi321"] Forge - Map editor firefight - Up to 4 people try to survive as long as they can while wave after wave of Covenant attack. theater - All matches in halo (multiplayer, campaign, firefight) are recorded. You can go back and view them. Its not a video, you can "pop out" of fps view and just roam around the map while the game goes on or is paused etc. You can cut these into smaller videos and upload them to your fileshare, or send them to your friends coop - self explanatory On top of that it has excellent multiplayer.albi321

It doesnt mate, but other shooters are fun too with the same stuff, Im as much following on from others comments saying how its better than anything pc has to offer or the comment stated a bit further abover (what you originally replied to), that states for features it cant be beaten. Dont get me wrong its enjoyable but so are many others, if not more so. Halo 1 was ok, halo 2 was god aweful, Halo 3 was back to ok but over hyped to the point of causing dissapointment and ODST was aweful. Im hoping Reach is a lot lot better. Oh and that the story is better told and that we do not get copy and paste corridors etc
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="albi321"][QUOTE="Darksec"] So pretty much everything you have been able to do on pc for years with different names then? Some games that on pc have editors for maps etc that consoles dont and have done for years and years. You can record content from games on pc and have for years (i.e. fraps among other software anyone?) There is another piece of kit where you can roam round the world in your vids also but i beleive it does cost mind and certain games dont support it, depends how the games have been made. Again also you can send these to anyone by any method near enough. Co-op existed for years, Firefight is just multiplayer survival mode which existed for years again. Halo has brought nothing new on pc, it has only brought pc ish elements to console. Granted you may not have played certain titles on the pc to know some of the above or downloaded any additional pieces of software to be able to do some of the above also but that does not mean halo brought anything new other than a new story and charachter to the gaming world. Nice new world and possibilites to go with it but not genre changing or bringing anything new to pc, but maybe to consolesDarksec

It doesnt mate, but other shooters are fun too with the same stuff, Im as much following on from others comments saying how its better than anything pc has to offer or the comment stated a bit further abover (what you originally replied to), that states for features it cant be beaten. Dont get me wrong its enjoyable but so are many others, if not more so. Halo 1 was ok, halo 2 was god aweful, Halo 3 was back to ok but over hyped to the point of causing dissapointment and ODST was aweful. Im hoping Reach is a lot lot better. Oh and that the story is better told and that we do not get copy and paste corridors etc

I heard Halo 3 was about 5 million to make and 50 million to market.....lol
Darksec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Darksec
Yeah they really hyped it big all over, they pumped money at marketing it like it was the end of the story etc including loads of live action ads n stuff, in the end for most people it was a dissapointment but still a popular multiplayer platform.
Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60718 Posts
I don't think so. We would see Halo 3 first I would think.
chertoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 chertoo
Member since 2009 • 536 Posts

[QUOTE="jstamm33"]

FelipeInside

it was incredibly common but it did have an interesting style

Avatar image for UltimateGamer95
UltimateGamer95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 UltimateGamer95
Member since 2006 • 4720 Posts

halo wont make it to the PC again because microsoft is too busy milking Halo on the 360.

lolpingu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lolpingu
Member since 2010 • 136 Posts

VERY doubtful.
I mean, i would be more than happy if it would come out on the PC, as it seems as if bungie actually decided to change something other than graphics in the halo franchise.
And since Halo: Reach is a prequel to halo: combat evolved, it won't be much of a problem that halo 3 would not be released on PC.
BUT: you are missing the point: piracy. piracy has set it's throne on PC gaming and now dominates any and all who dare to release their game on PC.
Sure, there is piracy on 360 too, but most people who own a 360 are probably subscribed to XBL too, so microsoft gets money eighter way.
Nearly nobody buys games now-a-days. even if they tell you they did, and act like respectful people, they probably did download one game or another. so if bungie would release halo reach on the PC, most of the people who want to get it would probably get it "for free" if you know what i mean. sure, people who want to play online would have to buy it, but a downloaded game is 50$+- lost for bungie and who ever ported the game.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
I wouldnt hold my breath, its a fun game ( have it on my 360) but hardly anything special about it.
BLaZe462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 BLaZe462
Member since 2002 • 1432 Posts

There has always been better fps on PC than Halo