Gamespot Spore review: 8.0

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JnWycliffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#51 JnWycliffe
Member since 2008 • 769 Posts
[QUOTE="JnWycliffe"][QUOTE="simardbrad"]

[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]I only play games that score 8.5-9.0s on GS. :roll: So I'll have to pass on Spore. 8.0 is a horrible score.gahzoo

You are missing out on alot of good games then, the GS score is only 1 person's opinion!

when a guy uses ":roll:", i assume he's being sarcastic.

you should too.

thank you... i thought people knew that..

apparently not!

artiedeadat40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#52 artiedeadat40
Member since 2007 • 1695 Posts
[QUOTE="weirjf"][QUOTE="biggest_loser"][QUOTE="weirjf"]

[QUOTE="vlin1108"]It's a damn well dissapointing score for such an anticipated game.biggest_loser

It is an 8.0... which means GREAT. Unlike other reviews so far at least they are being honest about the flaws. For people that prefer a simpler SIM then it is probably a 9.something. Those that want broad challenges and manupulation on every level.... it is probably an 8.0. Either way that ends up being a game worth buying.

Honest about the flaws?

Can you really say that these critics are deliberately lying about their opinions sometimes? Can you really tell me that?

Can you really say that they AREN'T? Can you really tell me that with 100% assurance? Follow-up question if you answer "yes" - are you really that naive or just new to game reviews?

Then take into account that reviews are indeed OPINION.

To what benefit would a journalist - who have their own written code of ethics that they are meant to abide by in the industry - take from lying about a video game?

Naturally you are going to say bribery, money. I just find it hard to believe that every 'professional' critic who reviewed Oblivion or whatever was given a sack with a dollar sign on it.

I think YOU should take into account opinions and the fact that 'flaws' can exist but not hinder the experience for some as much as others.

Yeah, nothing happened to the guy that revewied Kane and Lynch here.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#53 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Gamespots's "standards" has gone through the roof. How does Lost Planet get an 8.5 but Spore an 8.0. And ever since they tore up Lost Odyssey's review, I vowed to never watch or read another GS review again! This game is no where near an 8.0. It's at least an 8.8 and up. In the beginning of 2008, GS reviews were pretty bad, but lately, it's been rather harsh. Are they not getting enough sleep or something?
Expo_Smacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#54 Expo_Smacko
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
I am still getting spore regardlress. The review is based on there own opinion. I wanna judge my opinion on my own.
Frozzik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#55 Frozzik
Member since 2006 • 3914 Posts

Honestly, GS have lost the last shread of respect i had for them with that review. When i see games like Viva bloody pinata and the scores they get then i see spore it just makes me shake my head in disbelief.

I have played spore for a good 10 hours so far. This is a 9+ game imo. I hate sims and stuff like that but am having a blast with spore. When people iknow get it too it will just be great to see each others creations in game.

Gamespy, ign, ign AU and PC gamer UK all gave this game high scores. GS is losing the plot when it comes to PC. IF this gamne was on 360 or PS3 i jnow they wouls have scored it 9+.

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
I picked Spore up a couple of days ago when EB Australia broke the shipping date. An 8.0 sounds about right to me. It's a great game, but it could have been a lot better. The gameplay just seems to be lacking a little imho.
Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts
It seems fair. From what I've seen and read Spore is the kind of game some players can have the time of their lives with, simply because it involves creativity and your own creations. But that's the basis, it's not really a game of all games.
SimpJee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 SimpJee
Member since 2002 • 18309 Posts

8.0 is great guys. "Great"!!

Not a bad rating in my book.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#59 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

8.0 is great guys. "Great"!!

SimpJee

So was the Great Depression. But that's something I personally would never want to experience.

dziunglius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 dziunglius
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts
Tbh i was expecting a 9.6 till i played it, now i think that 4.5 would be too kind for spore.