Fun games to grief/troll people on?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Doublexiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Doublexiii
Member since 2011 • 152 Posts

I've heard people say Dark/Demon's Souls over on the PS3, and things like Minecraft. I've also tried RDR and GTA, which just aren't as fun IMO.

What other games are there?

Ben-Buja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Ben-Buja
Member since 2011 • 2809 Posts

Try the Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod next time there's a test. That multiplayer is basically one huge trolling sim with over 1000 people playing at once, causing chaos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku3YKEEiyo4&list=PL8AF7480D5D15A867&index=2&feature=plcp

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts
HoN/LoL/Dota2
achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
L4D2 if you have 2 people in your party so it's harder to get voted off. CS:GO competitive was amazing for trolling until they added in the new (lame) cool down policy.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Killing Floor

ultimate-k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ultimate-k
Member since 2010 • 2348 Posts

Tribes, I dont know if you can still spam the chat box, but in this match during the entire game, me and this other guy spammed "no, Iam the greatest" and "shazbot", the voice commands are funny, and good to spam. Every one was getting pissed off.

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

You guys must be total douchebags. Can only hope I'm playing a different game than you guys!:lol:

Doublexiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Doublexiii

You guys must be total douchebags. Can only hope I'm playing a different game than you guys!:lol:

jer_1

Yeah, I've been called that on many occasions.

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts
EVE Online.
Lu-Kang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Lu-Kang
Member since 2007 • 1010 Posts

Second Life

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

minecraft

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts

Call of duty. Retard magnet, biggest zoo of gaming, console cod is even more grotesque.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#13 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

Tribes. Be a heavy class, spam vgca. Get a couple other people doing it and you constantly have people hearing uh-huh uh-huh uh-huh.

iagbas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iagbas
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts
Dayz
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#15 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

Just what we need more of...:roll:

SharkheadHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 SharkheadHD
Member since 2012 • 227 Posts

APB Reloaded is troll heaven, people LOVE to crash into other peoples' cars and ram them into walls and make them explode. XD

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Lach0121
My thoughts exactly. It's ok Lach, they have such a failed life that they need to troll random strangers on the internet to make themselves feel better.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

FelipeInside

My thoughts exactly. It's ok Lach, they have such a failed life that they need to troll random strangers on the internet to make themselves feel better.

I know, I look around, and often I shake my head in disgust. Same for some of the crap I read here.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

wow

sc2

EVE

second life

minecraft

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts
Just suck at Battlefield 3 and then say how much your team sucks, that's what usually happens on that game anyway
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#21 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

Team killing is total grade school level trolling, so avoid anything too easy since it's easy enough for you to just as easily get kicked instantly.

Battlefield 3 is a good game for that, especially since it takes some clever ideas, but there is a series of videos on trolling in BF3 if you want some good examples.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#22 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Black Ops 2
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Lach0121"]

Lach0121

I know, I look around, and often I shake my head in disgust. Same for some of the crap I read here.

Came here to say this. People might call it whining but I think it's sad. I can't imagine how bored one must be to go out of their way to ruin other people's experiences.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] My thoughts exactly. It's ok Lach, they have such a failed life that they need to troll random strangers on the internet to make themselves feel better.PetJel

Came here to say this. People might call it whining but I think it's sad. I can't imagine how bored one must be to go out of their way to ruin other people's experiences.

It's not really about being bored. A study I read once about "trolling" and "ruining other people's experience" goes deeper than that. It actually has to do with the person's life, and things that are wrong or missing in their life. Basically the person has an inferiority complex, therefor needs to "troll" to feel better about themselves.
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PetJel
[QUOTE="PetJel"][QUOTE="Lach0121"]

FelipeInside

It's not really about being bored. A study I read once about "trolling" and "ruining other people's experience" goes deeper than that. It actually has to do with the person's life, and things that are wrong or missing in their life. Basically the person has an inferiority complex, therefor needs to "troll" to feel better about themselves.

Yeah I've actually read the same thing once I think. It's probably where the term e-thugs comes from, lol. I imagine it's people having the delusion that they themselves are really awesome, Alpha and funny while they are actually not. I just didn't want to post it here because I know sh*t will hit the fan in the replies. xD
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Lach0121

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="PetJel"] Came here to say this. People might call it whining but I think it's sad. I can't imagine how bored one must be to go out of their way to ruin other people's experiences.PetJel

Yeah I've actually read the same thing once I think. It's probably where the term e-thugs comes from, lol. I imagine it's people having the delusion that they themselves are really awesome, Alpha and funny while they are actually not. I just didn't want to post it here because I know sh*t will hit the fan in the replies. xD

Oh it prolly will, but I had to reply, the "e-thug" comment made me smile.:P

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="PetJel"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] It's not really about being bored. A study I read once about "trolling" and "ruining other people's experience" goes deeper than that. It actually has to do with the person's life, and things that are wrong or missing in their life. Basically the person has an inferiority complex, therefor needs to "troll" to feel better about themselves.Lach0121

LOL, definition of E-THUG from Urban Dictionary: "Electronic thug. A pale, pimple faced, fat white kid who would most likely burn up if he came into contact with natural sunlight. Spends all of his time threatening people over the internet to compensate for his lack of a life and hatred of humanity for not accepting him."
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="PetJel"] Yeah I've actually read the same thing once I think. It's probably where the term e-thugs comes from, lol. I imagine it's people having the delusion that they themselves are really awesome, Alpha and funny while they are actually not. I just didn't want to post it here because I know sh*t will hit the fan in the replies. xDFelipeInside

LOL, definition of E-THUG from Urban Dictionary: "Electronic thug. A pale, pimple faced, fat white kid who would most likely burn up if he came into contact with natural sunlight. Spends all of his time threatening people over the internet to compensate for his lack of a life and hatred of humanity for not accepting him."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm2TF-XbQck

^ Just watch the guy use the word troll, or any others if you please

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

The only time I ever trolled anyone was back in the days when I played Return to Castle Wolfenstein MP and I got pretty good. So some jerk was just being an insulting and racist idiot in the ingame chat but the thing was he kept camping the same spot after every respawn. This just happened to be a spot where as playing as a sniper could see him so every time he he went back there I'd headshot him. Did this to him the entire match until he rage quit. Justice troll style.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FelipeInside

Sweetbackhair

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vm2TF-XbQck

^ Just watch the guy use the word troll, or any others if you please

That was AWESOME.
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts
I would suggest eve online :> hehe... Oh wait you dont want to be griefed /trolled yourself? Well umh... I dont know... Any game that dont allow any kind of real admin system?
slvrraven9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 slvrraven9
Member since 2004 • 9278 Posts

jer_1
LOL yeh thats wut i was thinking!
Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#33 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

FelipeInside

Griefers target precisely those with your kinds of attitudes who take gaming and life in general too seriously. It's not a question of having failed at life or needing to troll, it's simply what makes them laugh. Make of that what you will.

The only game I haven't found grefing funny on is Minecraft due to the amount of work needed to create worlds on that game. I always feel sad when someone creates a very beautiful and complex world only to have someone destroy it with TNT. FPS I don't mind since there's never any real damage caused apart from a few second spawn timer and I'll never feel sorry for those who get griefed on CoD since the majority of those who play it online are so vile.

Even so, greifers, while funny, should be able to recognise when they've gone too far. It's being able to stay on the right side of the line between griefing and bullying. It's a fine line but it is there.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside

Starshine_M2A2

Griefers target precisely those with your kinds of attitudes who take gaming and life in general too seriously. It's not a question of having failed at life or needing to troll, it's simply what makes them laugh. Make of that what you will.

The only game I haven't found grefing funny on is Minecraft due to the amount of work needed to create worlds on that game. I always feel sad when someone creates a very beautiful and complex world only to have someone destroy it with TNT. FPS I don't mind since there's never any real damage caused apart from a few second spawn timer and I'll never feel sorry for those who get griefed on CoD since the majority of those who play it online are so vile.

Even so, greifers, while funny, should be able to recognise when they've gone too far. It's being able to stay on the right side of the line between griefing and bullying. It's a fine line but it is there.

I don't take gaming seriously, I don't mind jokes here and there either, it's when there is a moron that is directly affecting the enjoyment of others that pisses me off. Like a cheater in CoD for example. And the fail at life is from various studies. They are not directly evident, it's a much more deeper sense of fail to the person.
atony12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 atony12
Member since 2007 • 960 Posts

EVE Online.MythPro1
^This EVE online takes trolling to a whole new level. I tried to find an article I read a long time ago but failed. Basically this college student got into EVE and went through so much to hijack a major corporation's assets. All of their ships and everything they owned and he pulled it off. Those that don't know EVE don't understand how complex that game really is when it comes to the economy. Easily the deepest market you will ever find in a video game. Here's a link to a brief article about a scam to try and give you a basic understanding

http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/09/11/eve-online-player-steals-45-000-worth-of-isk-in-massive-investm/

But with EVE though this is all part of the game. They aren't just screwing each other over it to have a good laugh (though that's a part of it I'm sure) but they are actually having a major effect on the game world itself and if that wasn't motive enough they can profit HUGELY.

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

Pk sprees in L2 used to be fun, not exactly trolling or griefing though. Battlefield games offer good opportunities for trolling and griefing, make sure to use that c4 to it's fullest!

Then there's DotA 2. Pick Ezalor (KOTL). Buy Kelen's Dagger. Blink on a cliff. Start summoning people there. Make sure to suicide the courier first so they can't fly in tp scrolls.

Or pick Tiny and toss your allies in the middle of 5 enemies. Or on a cliff. Or in the enemy fountain if you get close. The possibilities are endless!

You can trap enemies on cliffs with DS if you know how to play well. Then there's stuff like force staff VS etc.

There are tons more stuff you can do in DotA, the dynamic of the map allows for many opportunities like that, unlike in other MOBAs/ARTSs that are limited by their engines.

Doublexiii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Doublexiii

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] My thoughts exactly. It's ok Lach, they have such a failed life that they need to troll random strangers on the internet to make themselves feel better.PetJel

I think you're all just mad and don't come on a thread just to complain, because that just makes you the person that has failed at life and/or little troll. Believe it or not, I haven't "failed in life", by any standards. Run along now, children.

QQabitmoar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 QQabitmoar
Member since 2011 • 1892 Posts

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

It's fun. What's so bad about it? A few years ago noone would complain. Gamers nowadays need to grow a tougher skin.

Ragingbear505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39 Ragingbear505
Member since 2008 • 819 Posts

Lol at the pop psychology in here. I troll and grief because I'm bored, not because I'm dissatisfied in real life. Or more rarely I'll come across someone online who is taking the game far too seriously like its a matter of life, death, and pride for them. I find this socially unacceptable so I'll deliberately go out of my way to remind them its a videogame by making them rage over it. I was playing Men of War once and had a guy who was a total armchair general. I don't mind those guys normally, about half the time they have a solid plan for winning. This one in particular was bad however, and he was a total **** about it too. Basically he constantly **** at us, his teammates for not being more aggressive while he himself was building sandbags and dragonteeth to protect his grand artillery battery which had survived up until this point for unexplainable reasons. When calling him out on this he claimed he was going to play a support role and that we needed to defend his guns, support his point, all while keeping a hold on our own lanes. This is dumb but rather than argue I bought a tank and smashed his defenses and rammed his guns. Is that so wrong? He ragequit, we lost, but I was satisfied.

achilles614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 achilles614
Member since 2005 • 5310 Posts
I should mention BF3 as well, love getting a heli loaded up only to crash it with all my teammates in it. Or taking passenger of a really good helicopter pilots heli and when he stops to get out and repair it switch seats and fly off. People need to grow thicker skin *cough* felipe *cough* it's just an FPS game, if a 10 second respawn timer comes as a result of my trolling get over it.
cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#41 cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

I should mention BF3 as well, love getting a heli loaded up only to crash it with all my teammates in it. Or taking passenger of a really good helicopter pilots heli and when he stops to get out and repair it switch seats and fly off. People need to grow thicker skin *cough* felipe *cough* it's just an FPS game, if a 10 second respawn timer comes as a result of my trolling get over it.achilles614
That's just being a d**k. I spam voice chat and stuff but I never purposely kill my teammates.

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 PetJel
Run along now, children.Doublexiii
I imagine it's people having the delusion that they themselves are really awesome, Alpha and funny while they are actually not.PetJel
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#43 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
Seriously guys? It might only be just a game, and I'm all for not taking games too seriously, but just remember that some people might only get a few hours at night or something to play a game each day because they have work or other commitments. Don't ruin someone else's experience. Its pure narcissism. I don't ever want to hear this board complain about the Xbox community being immature from now on.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FelipeInside
Seriously guys? It might only be just a game, and I'm all for not taking games too seriously, but just remember that some people might only get a few hours at night or something to play a game each day because they have work or other commitments. Don't ruin someone else's experience. Its pure narcissism. I don't ever want to hear this board complain about the Xbox community being immature from now on. biggest_loser
Perfectly said BL. Some people just don't understand.
Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
just talk crap on everyone in the server, play poorly, lose on purpose etc. people get pissed in any game. if you really wanna ruin and empty servers, learn c++ and reverse games, or befriend a hacker. there are at least two threads about me on reddit and it's full of butthurt kids, a thread on the steam vac forums, videos of me by random pubbers, all tf2 related. i was able to play in a vac secure tf2 server while on a vac banned, banned from source engine, account just to make someone think i wasn't really vac banned. i was ip banned from every dbs (dodgeball) server but with a new wired connection and a vpn, they can't get me. i do it because in the end it's just a game, it''s my day off and it's hilarious seeing all the insults being thrown at me, mostly about people wanting to stick their d*** in me and how i'm a fat 40 year old virgin living in a basement and etc.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FelipeInside

just talk crap on everyone in the server, play poorly, lose on purpose etc. people get pissed in any game. if you really wanna ruin and empty servers, learn c++ and reverse games, or befriend a hacker. there are at least two threads about me on reddit and it's full of butthurt kids, a thread on the steam vac forums, videos of me by random pubbers, all tf2 related. i was able to play in a vac secure tf2 server while on a vac banned, banned from source engine, account just to make someone think i wasn't really vac banned. i was ip banned from every dbs (dodgeball) server but with a new wired connection and a vpn, they can't get me. i do it because in the end it's just a game, it''s my day off and it's hilarious seeing all the insults being thrown at me, mostly about people wanting to stick their d*** in me and how i'm a fat 40 year old virgin living in a basement and etc.themagicbum9720

No offense, but shame there are idiots like you on the net.

I don't mind players joking around and stuff, but when it's deliberately to affect another player's enjoyment, that's piss poor. Like you say, it's ur day off. So for other players it's also their time off and they just want to have some fun and relax from work, not put up with morons.

To get banned from so many places, and then go to the extent of using a VPN to troll again? Really? Sorry to say but the study is correct.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

Thanks for the thread and reminding me why I have pretty much given up on online gaming, except in very rare, controlled, circumstances. I'm too old to deal with the grief and the BS. No, I don't take games "seriously" but I do have limited free time and I'd rather not waste it wading neck deep into a cesspool of human idiocy. This is also why I have never bought a pair of headphones. I can't imagine how grating it must be to listen to some lonely little punk getting his pebbles off while ruining other people's fun.

I have better things to do with my time.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Lach0121

[QUOTE="biggest_loser"]Seriously guys? It might only be just a game, and I'm all for not taking games too seriously, but just remember that some people might only get a few hours at night or something to play a game each day because they have work or other commitments. Don't ruin someone else's experience. Its pure narcissism. I don't ever want to hear this board complain about the Xbox community being immature from now on. FelipeInside
Perfectly said BL. Some people just don't understand.

I have to agree, very well said, for a community that use to say the xbox community was immature, this is pure irony.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FelipeInside

Thanks for the thread and reminding me why I have pretty much given up on online gaming, except in very rare, controlled, circumstances. I'm too old to deal with the grief and the BS. No, I don't take games "seriously" but I do have limited free time and I'd rather not waste it wading neck deep into a cesspool of human idiocy. This is also why I have never bought a pair of headphones. I can't imagine how grating it must be to listen to some lonely little punk getting his pebbles off while ruining other people's fun.

I have better things to do with my time.

-wildflower-
You should play FIFA Online, it really is great cause there is no cheating and no microphones so no moron on the other end speaking crap. It's just you vs him/her on the football field and nothing else. I only came across one guy that was winning 2-0 and he started playing around, doing tricks with the ball and passing it between 2 players so to try piss me off. I hard tackled the crap out of him and finished beating him 4-2..... :)
KalDurenik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KalDurenik
Member since 2004 • 3736 Posts
[QUOTE="themagicbum9720"]just talk crap on everyone in the server, play poorly, lose on purpose etc. people get pissed in any game. if you really wanna ruin and empty servers, learn c++ and reverse games, or befriend a hacker. there are at least two threads about me on reddit and it's full of butthurt kids, a thread on the steam vac forums, videos of me by random pubbers, all tf2 related. i was able to play in a vac secure tf2 server while on a vac banned, banned from source engine, account just to make someone think i wasn't really vac banned. i was ip banned from every dbs (dodgeball) server but with a new wired connection and a vpn, they can't get me. i do it because in the end it's just a game, it''s my day off and it's hilarious seeing all the insults being thrown at me, mostly about people wanting to stick their d*** in me and how i'm a fat 40 year old virgin living in a basement and etc.

*golfclap*