Far Cry Normal= Halo Legendary

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
Anyone else thinks so?
mrhankeydinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#2 mrhankeydinks
Member since 2005 • 1811 Posts
reason i played Farcry on Easy and still used cheatcodes near the end.
harrisi17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 harrisi17
Member since 2004 • 4010 Posts
I totally agree, I got far cry like over a year ago and got over half way through. I then uninstalled it because it was very difficuly. I just put it back on the computer and can't even get five minutes into it on easy! I don't know what happened, when I play FPS games I usually try to kill al the enemies before moving on, I guess I could just bypass many of them in far cry.
Ken1a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ken1a
Member since 2006 • 359 Posts
Yep, FarCry on the normal setting was much tougher than halo.I can't wait for FarCry 2! I just read the latest issue of PC Gamer (cover story Farcry 2),and it sounds great.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 0011992288
Member since 2005 • 225 Posts
I agree that you get killed much easier, however they are entirely different games. Farcry is a tactical shooter, whereas Halo is a run and gun style game. The two are way too diffent to compare difficulties.
-AK47-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -AK47-
Member since 2007 • 3277 Posts
Ya it was really hard. I played the first few levels then just quit.
Avatar image for fortmyerspolice
fortmyerspolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fortmyerspolice
Member since 2003 • 45 Posts
You gotta take it easy, far cry isn't a fast paced shooter. You need to know your surroundings, figure out what you need to do, then execute.
The_Knight2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 The_Knight2000
Member since 2003 • 990 Posts
I reached halfway only and couldn't continue, I kinda got bored of it so I just uninstalled it, but it was a hard game. and had intresting squences like the gliding ones. I'll give it another shot soon.
Gog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Gog
Member since 2002 • 16376 Posts
Even then, it's a prettydifficult game. I finished it but had to replay the last level more than a dozen of times. I never have much trouble with other games.
stevendiep_100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 stevendiep_100
Member since 2004 • 2193 Posts

Yes, Far Cry was hard. It was ridicolous, they could shoot you from the other side of the island and still get you

Psycold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 Psycold
Member since 2003 • 608 Posts

Hmm, I rushed to get Far Cry when it was first released on PC, infact I had an "OEM" version a few weeks before that even, I had waited forever but the wait was totally worth it. This game was definitely a challenge, but I never had to use cheats to beat it. I found other ways of manipulating the environment in order to survive which made the game that much more fun. Theres a part in the last level, before you go out onto the volcanic area. You first go into an armory and choose your weapons, but when you step out the blast doors, they close and you are out there for good. I found out I could push a chair from the armory to the blast doors and use the chair to hold the door open while I sniped off enemies, and then returned to the armory to get more health and ammo.

DON'T CHEAT! You are wasting your own money, theres always a way.

skeeterbutt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 skeeterbutt
Member since 2004 • 190 Posts
I played FAR CRY twice already and on my third time. GREAT game. Difficulty level set to MAX each time I played. Agree with response - take your time - plan your movement and shots. It's not that hard. One of the best shooter games to come out in a long time. Waiting impatiently for FARCRY 2. Can't wait. Enjoy.
Nikalai_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nikalai_88
Member since 2006 • 1755 Posts
I loved Farcry and I am not sure why but I am more excited for the 2nd one than Crysis!
ardylicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ardylicious
Member since 2004 • 1107 Posts

NO disrespect to anyone in here but no game can be to hard. Simple. Games are there to be a challenge. If your one of those that can't take it on the chin then maybe Halo is your game.

As for me i found Farcry easy until the last 2 levels.....Simple fact is many on here are experiences FPS for the first time, but when you have played games like Doom and Quake online and are a veteran things are different.

FPS have to be hard for where is the longevity? One of the reasons i still play farcry.

Having said that most who are posting on here are either console noobs or absolute crap. Sorry face facts.... I want Crysis to be even harder. I am ready for action. Bring it on....

everson_rm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 everson_rm
Member since 2004 • 1664 Posts
Yeah... It gave me a hell of a time to beat in "Realistic"... even with body armor and full life, 2 shots and you're dead! It was hard, but with some patience you will get to the end with no problem in Normal!
Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Colonel_Cool
Member since 2006 • 1335 Posts
I remember playing Far Cry through my first time on Easy difficulty and it was pretty hard. The second time through though isn't nearly as bad though.
bmaisey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 bmaisey
Member since 2004 • 324 Posts

having played both a hell of a lot, im gonna say : not even close. I suspect youre playing far-cry like you play halo :P which is suicide. Remember, you dont have uber armour with recharging shields!

Farcry is all about headshots, normal difficulty should be no problem if youre taking your time, being sneaky and getting those jerkface mercenaries in the face. If you get spotted, you should find cover quickly and still just take your time and get those head shots.

On the other hand, its hardest is a fair bit harder than legendary halo.

fuAWEckSOinMEg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 fuAWEckSOinMEg
Member since 2007 • 33 Posts

I want Crysis to be even harder. I am ready for action. Bring it on....

ardylicious

Same here, and from what I've heard it's pretty intense on the hardest diff (from the E3 demo)

cspann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cspann
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

You gotta take it easy, far cry isn't a fast paced shooter. You need to know your surroundings, figure out what you need to do, then execute.fortmyerspolice

tottaly.... farcry isent that hard if u just lay traps and use some good sniping skills..... halo is mostly shoot kill recover.... redo....

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
You gotta take it easy, far cry isn't a fast paced shooter. You need to know your surroundings, figure out what you need to do, then execute.fortmyerspolice
Ya, I figured it out on my second play thourgh :lol:
gtarmanrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#21 gtarmanrob
Member since 2006 • 1206 Posts

i just started playing again on realistic difficulty. yeah its pretty hard, but man its fun! its not really classed as a tactical shooter, tactical shooters are game like SWAT and R6..yet you do need to employ tactics.

and sure, they can kill you pretty easy, but they die real easy too if u shoot em in the right spot. the head for example...:P

warspain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 warspain
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
I totally agree.....It is a challenge and a masterpiece.