Evil Genius 2? Evil Genius 2! EVIL GENIUUUUSSSS TWOOOOOO!

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58308 Posts

OK I usually don't get much hyped for games these days--not that I don't enjoy them, it's just years of disappointments and regretted pre-orders have taught me to slow my roll--but I have to admit, I am pretty hyped about this game coming.

Did you play the original Evil Genius? Do you enjoy base/dungeon/lair building games like Dungeon Keeper? Then you should be excited too!

Evil Genius was doing The Incredibles style of presentation before The Incredibles were even a thing! It's got visual style straight from the old campy Bond films. It has everything you could ever want from an evil genius mastermind sim. While the original was a little buggy and required some trial and error, it was still very fun, challenging but not frustrating, and rewarding as well.

My only hesitation with the game is that it is developed by Rebellion who, while not a terrible developer, generally makes some lukewarm games. Their best of late is probably the Sniper Elite series and Strange Brigade.

Here's a link to a PC Gamer article because I'd rather not give Gamespot any rewards for their clickbait and then force you to watch a commercial before the preview (and aren't previews really just commercials themselves?!?).

Hyped!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56107 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

OK I usually don't get much hyped for games these days--not that I don't enjoy them, it's just years of disappointments and regretted pre-orders have taught me to slow my roll--but I have to admit, I am pretty hyped about this game coming.

Did you play the original Evil Genius? Do you enjoy base/dungeon/lair building games like Dungeon Keeper? Then you should be excited too!

Evil Genius was doing The Incredibles style of presentation before The Incredibles were even a thing! It's got visual style straight from the old campy Bond films. It has everything you could ever want from an evil genius mastermind sim. While the original was a little buggy and required some trial and error, it was still very fun, challenging but not frustrating, and rewarding as well.

My only hesitation with the game is that it is developed by Rebellion who, while not a terrible developer, generally makes some lukewarm games. Their best of late is probably the Sniper Elite series and Strange Brigade.

Here's a link to a PC Gamer article because I'd rather not give Gamespot any rewards for their clickbait and then force you to watch a commercial before the preview (and aren't previews really just commercials themselves?!?).

Hyped!

Loading Video...

I'll be honest, this is the first time I'm hearing about this game series. I think it's too late for me to play the first one, so I'll just jump right into Evil Genius 2. Also, I didn't get *The Incredibles* vibe, but I sure did get alot of vibe from *Despicable Me* series though and I happened to be a fan of that movie series, so this game fits right in my alley.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts
@davillain- said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Hyped!

Loading Video...

I'll be honest, this is the first time I'm hearing about this game series. I think it's too late for me to play the first one, so I'll just jump right into Evil Genius 2. Also, I didn't get *The Incredibles* vibe, but I sure did get alot of vibe from *Despicable Me* series though and I happened to be a fan of that movie series, so this game fits right in my alley.

Yeah there's a Despicable Me vibe going with this game indeed, same for me, will skip the original one but looks kinda interesting

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

I don't know. I haven't heard about it before now. Will need more info about gameplay before I judge it.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

O boy, I loved the first one. Its been 15 years omg, im getting old

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I was unaware of this series. I'm definitely a dungeon keeper fan, though. Thanks for the heads up

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7 gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

I remember I have enjoy the first a lot. And I have try to finish it but I was unable due to technical problems.

I was young and I guess this was a good game for me. Today I'm not sure if it still a good game for me because I'm older.

portaplays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 portaplays
Member since 2019 • 4 Posts

So hyped for this. Loved the first the one. I think being a little young made me appreiate it less as I didn't get all nuance.

An ok sequel would enough for me. A great one would be amazing.