Enough FC2 Bashing...it's not the best game, but still amazing. Be honest.

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

I'm tired of running through the forums here and reading about how horrible Far Cry 2 is. First off...YES...a few subtle changes would have made it one of the best first person shooters ever, and it SUCKS that it didn't live up to the potential. Let's get the negative out of the way first.

Every game can be nitpicked. The WORST parts of this game are A) Checkpoint/respawn system. It totally ruins the pace of the game, because if you want to wonder around the gorgeous enviroments just to explore...you can't. You will always be hounded by A-holes in jeeps, guys that shoot you that should be npc's unless you attack or they have a reason to attack you, and it's HEINISLY annoying fighting through the same checkpoint 2-3-4 times on one mission.

Also...why are these guys bullet proof? It sucks using an entire clip of a pistol to down guys, and sometimes that doesn't work. Assault rifles still take a long time to kill people too. Shotties and snipes are the best weapons as shotguns are even decent at medium range. Point is, don't make a game based on "realistic" guns if my bullets don't act like real bullets. It's fun injuring people, but even you guys that want to comment "Your aim must suck," should hold that comment, because WE ALL KNOW that the guys in this game take too much damage. My saw takes several bursts at close range to down people.

I'm going to skip the rest of the nitpicking (no animals in the river! Ahh! *cry It would be nice, but nobody cares, so screw it.)

With that said, if those issues were fixed (The jamming on enemy weapons is annoying too) we would have a revolutionary FPS game on our hands. I haven't finished the game yet, but while Crysis may look better technically, this game has a better wow factor for people that don't care about technical issues. The landscapes and details are absolutely stunning.

The weapons feel great, and realistic (Perhaps the best sound I've heard in a FPS so far as authenticity is concerned) save for the fact they don't kill anybody (see above, lol). Grenades and explosions are top notch. Physics are excellent.

Soo...basically my point is this. Better plot, more varied missions, tweaking AI (one other annoying thing is how you can't hide in bushes...enemies pelt you from afar with great accuracy. A mod for this issue and the checkpoints would be OH so nice) and the above issues fixed, and you have a formula that could change FPS's and what we expect out of them for a long time.

A 10/10? NO. But stop it with the 3/10 crap and be honest. This game should be rated at least a 7, and maybe up to an 8.5 (I'd give it a solid 8) with a summary of whether or not you should play it as follows: "This is a great game that unfortunately showed SO much promise but failed to live up to it. However, it's fun and worth playing for what it brings to the table and has some features that developers should start putting into consideration for future games."

Thanks for listening to my rant, and stop it with the 3/10 kind of crap, because you are doing a disservice to your fellow gamers by letting them think this game sucks. I think it's a must play with an idea coming into it that there are some issues you may not like, but it's worth getting through that to see what it does offer.

Your thoughts? Try to act like you are a little bit mature when you post as well. It's more likely to get attention and feedback than acting like you are seven (I know most of you guys are young pups) and posting "but teh sucks and you suck." Have fun!

Londonchris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Londonchris
Member since 2006 • 75 Posts

I think the games great despite the few problems.

I will be searching those diamonds and exploring the gameworld. There are alot of buildings that are not shown on the maps.

Re-spawning annoyance can be avoided by not going back through there so soon, use some imagination and sneek around it or take another route ;)

Maybe hopefully we will see some fixes in the future, as for now lets get into the game and stop picking holes in it!

I reckon its good to have unsafe roads, be boring otherwise... stick to the bushes.

Just wish he could run abit further without the dizzy spell coming over and the badly timed malaria attacks :roll:

Can`t wait to hear all the moaning when fallout 3 arrives :P

Least there is no nano-suits/robots/zombies/ect .What a relief!

8/10 i think is fair. Not played anything worth a 9 yet ..... are you devs listening?

crozon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 crozon
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts
initially i was disapointed. however 8 hours in and i am starting to really like it. its got issues sure but there is something i really like now. its no crysis, nor stalker but heck its still a damn good fun.
deathcy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deathcy
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Far Cry 2 is only graphics.

end of story :)

thanx

thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#5 thenewau25
Member since 2007 • 2058 Posts

thanx

deathcy

... hahahahahahah lol so what crysis is?

lol again

in any case game is awesome enemie aint bulletproof just dont aim for the head to much also that it doesnt have much shootign is a good thing why to place hundrends of enemies in the worldmap under trees? no reason they should be in military bases 10 km away not everywhere, game is great it deserver more than an 8.5, is cod4 better that got a 9?

manny020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 manny020
Member since 2008 • 128 Posts
I agree Far Cry 2 is a good game but its not the best. Maybe some people were expecting it to come close to Crysis but the reality is this is a Multi-plat so there are shortcomings.
thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 thenewau25

I agree Far Cry 2 is a good game but its not the best. Maybe some people were expecting it to come close to Crysis but the reality is this is Multi-plat so there are shortcomings.manny020

its better than crysis not in technology but all the rest, the reason? you said it multiplatform

doyousmellthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 doyousmellthat
Member since 2007 • 193 Posts

Crysis owns this game sorry, the gameplay is stale and repetitive on FC2, cryssi gave the player much mroe options and variety. FC2 is not amazing, average at best. Console shortcomings also stand out in this game.

its got nothing to do with nitpicking, hell, I loved Clear Sky and thats got many flaws, at least it was not a repetitive bore, FC2 quickly becomes boring and repetitive.

doyousmellthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 doyousmellthat

[QUOTE="manny020"]I agree Far Cry 2 is a good game but its not the best. Maybe some people were expecting it to come close to Crysis but the reality is this is Multi-plat so there are shortcomings.thenewau25

its better than crysis not in technology but all the rest, the reason? you said it multiplatform

You got it backwards.

thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 thenewau25
[QUOTE="thenewau25"]

[QUOTE="manny020"]I agree Far Cry 2 is a good game but its not the best. Maybe some people were expecting it to come close to Crysis but the reality is this is Multi-plat so there are shortcomings.doyousmellthat

You got it backwards.

lets see graphics in crysis are technical not in fc 2 crysis is not a multiplatform, YUP its you being annoying!

thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 thenewau25

Crysis owns this game sorry, the gameplay is stale and repetitive on FC2, cryssi gave the player much mroe options and variety. FC2 is not amazing, average at best. Console shortcomings also stand out in this game.

its got nothing to do with nitpicking, hell, I loved Clear Sky and thats got many flaws, at least it was not a repetitive bore, FC2 quickly becomes boring and repetitive.

doyousmellthat

WRONG crysis gameplay is crap it start follow a path kill koreans while in a vehicle like they were palced there to kill them and you gonn pass from that road not explore the island cuz there is not any also crysis is repetive you use the suit abilities all the time and disable jammers :) Finnaly it has mediocre weapon based combat

far cry 2 owns crysis!

it has more option and variety ccrysis is another linear fps no worldmap, average? cod4 got a higher score that fc2 so plz? crysis is average at best if not medicore, (last time i checked the video review comments)

Avatar image for deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 deactivated-60678a6f9e4d4
Member since 2007 • 10077 Posts
It is indeed an incredible game. I have no idea how people can hate it so much.
unrealplaya55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 unrealplaya55
Member since 2007 • 1278 Posts
The thing I hate about FC2 is that its linear. When you are on a road yhere is no other way to destroy a checkpoint unless you go guns blazing.
thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 thenewau25

The thing I hate about FC2 is that its linear. When you are on a road yhere is no other way to destroy a checkpoint unless you go guns blazing.unrealplaya55

1 you kidding me right? you cant attack a base from 360 degree

2 thats the point weapon based combat in real life the weapon is your best friend, if it jams you dont treat it well?

doyousmellthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 doyousmellthat

[QUOTE="unrealplaya55"]The thing I hate about FC2 is that its linear. When you are on a road yhere is no other way to destroy a checkpoint unless you go guns blazing.thenewau25

2 thats the point weapon based combat in real life the weapon is your best friend, if it jams you dont treat it well?

Half the map is funnelled through linear paths and you can only attack a base from one place, are you even playing the same game?

Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

despite its numerous flaws, Far Cry 2 is a great game that more than deserves the good reviews. haters don't seem to realize ( or don't want to ) that this is a game does a TON of things right, and i can't even say the same thing about other games that are smaller in scale. this is one of the most amazingly polished games i've ever played, and it's far greater than the sum of its parts. i welcome further improvements, but as it is, i absolutely love this game.

why the hate? it's really simple. the excellence of FC2, a "mere" multi-plat title, is an affront to many pc gamers elitist ego. it's at the same time sad and amusing, listening to all these biased talk disguising itself as taste and standard, while their fav games are easily outmatched in various aspects by Far Cry 2. i'm glad that Ubisoft has decided to make this game multi-plat -- you really can't rely on this platform to have your effort appreciated and rewarded anymore.

doyousmellthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 doyousmellthat

despite its numerous flaws, Far Cry 2 is a great game that more than deserves the good reviews. haters don't seem to realize ( or don't want to ) that this is a game does a TON of things right, and i can't even say the same thing about other games that are smaller in scale. this is one of the most amazingly polished games i've ever played, and it's far greater than the sum of its parts. i welcome further improvements, but as it is, i absolutely love this game.

why the hate? it's really simple. the excellence of FC2, a "mere" multi-plat title, is an affront to many pc gamers elitist ego. it's at the same time sad and amusing, listening to all these biased talk disguising itself as taste and standard, while their fav games are easily outmatched in various aspects by Far Cry 2. i'm glad that Ubisoft has decided to make this game multi-plat -- you really can't rely on this platform to have your effort appreciated and rewarded anymore.

Jinroh_basic

You certainly can rely on this platforum, more so then you certainly can the consoles. Not sure what your post has anything to do with this disucssion as it is. Because some don't like the game for obvious reasons, they are haters? Maybe the game is not that good? Certainly a tonne of wasted potential. We might be haters, but we have good reason, the game falls flat in the most important areas, having a big world is fine, but it has to have substance, FC2 does not. Maybe you're just a fanboi then.

commander1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 commander1122
Member since 2005 • 1165 Posts

just 1 word the game is boring :D

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
Figured something like this would happen.. Will stay away from this game for sure it seems till its significantly less expensive and has some interesting mods.
Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#22 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

I'm really tired of listing everything that's wrong with this game (if you really want one, I wrote a review. I think I gave it a 6.0 which was generous). I can't believe that you think that everyone should think this game is great. It's easily the worst FPS I've paid retail to play (some freeware games are pretty bad). It's nothing like they promised and that pisses me off.

I really don't think they're capable of fixing this game so that I'll enjoy it enough to finish it.

thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 thenewau25
[QUOTE="doyousmellthat"]

How does FC2 give you more options? Name one thing yuo can do? Crysis you can use the environment, pick up enemies, Stealth actually works, you can beat enemies to death with objects in the worls, pick up objects and hurl it at them, FC2 sucks, and is nothing but repetition. The Ai in Crysis owns FC2's dummies. The spawning ruins any fun in travelling around. What is the point os having an open game with nothing fun to do? FGC2 is no more open, half the map funnels you in linear paths you HAve to go down, where enemies respawn in 30 seconds so you have to clear out the same camp 50 times.

You could shoot tires on vehicles in Crysis and they would flip on the enemies, cannot in FC2. You cannot fricken lean, how stupid is that, nor go prone. You could kill enemies by making tress fall on them in Crysis, you could use stealth and use sleep darts, and never kill a soul, try doing that in FC2. FC2 is a game that was obviously designed for ADD console gamers. You could use strength to smash in walls on buildings and make them fall on unsuspecting enemies. Crysisowns FC2, sorry. What is there to explore iN Fc2? Having a big world does not make a game better, FC2 is proof of that, the details are what matters, and FC2's world is stale, repetitive and boring.

Also, learn english.

N3xus9

Hear Hear

Crysis is a much better game on so many levels than Farcry2, both technically and gameplay wise.

thenewau25 uses Crysis hatred as a springboard for attention! I wish Gamespot had an ignore function so we wouldn't have to read his woeful ill-thought out opinions ... or having to try to decipher his atrocious English language skills.

i like games with guns and worldmap not powers and levels like crysis, logical?

thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thenewau25
[QUOTE="thenewau25"]

[QUOTE="unrealplaya55"]The thing I hate about FC2 is that its linear. When you are on a road yhere is no other way to destroy a checkpoint unless you go guns blazing.doyousmellthat

Half the map is funnelled through linear paths and you can only attack a base from one place, are you even playing the same game?

every game but why hype it dont we?

thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thenewau25

just 1 word the game is boring :D

commander1122

this and 100000000 outher titles eg gothic 3! the 100000000 is without including rpgs sprts strategy or racing games, or stealth game its an opinion do you expect open ended game to do not be borring? whats gtaiv without the missions?

thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 thenewau25

I'm really tired of listing everything that's wrong with this game (if you really want one, I wrote a review. I think I gave it a 6.0 which was generous). I can't believe that you think that everyone should think this game is great. It's easily the worst FPS I've paid retail to play (some freeware games are pretty bad). It's nothing like they promised and that pisses me off.

I really don't think they're capable of fixing this game so that I'll enjoy it enough to finish it.

Swiftstrike5

oh yeah? but fear is better? that has the same bad combat problemsno vehicles and its totaly linear and the most simple and deathborign levels ever, as for repetive its the same enemy killing all over, it throws some scares jsut to make a dffirence plz fear without slo mo and scares is the worst fps ever!

doyousmellthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 doyousmellthat
[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"]

thenewau25

oh yeah? but fear is better? that has the same bad combat problemsno vehicles and its totaly linear and the most simple and deathborign levels ever, as for repetive its the same enemy killing all over, it throws some scares jsut to make a dffirence plz fear without slo mo and scares is the worst fps ever!

doesn't change the fact FC2 is not very good. Also, being a big world does not make a game better, if thet were the case nothing else matters, FC2 falls short where it matters most Gameplay. Just having larger areas does not make a game good, it has to have substance and the gameplay to go with it. If all you needed were big worlds mmo's would be the best games ever made. Fears Ai was actually way better as was the combat.

doyousmellthat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 doyousmellthat
[QUOTE="N3xus9"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"]

How does FC2 give you more options? Name one thing yuo can do? Crysis you can use the environment, pick up enemies, Stealth actually works, you can beat enemies to death with objects in the worls, pick up objects and hurl it at them, FC2 sucks, and is nothing but repetition. The Ai in Crysis owns FC2's dummies. The spawning ruins any fun in travelling around. What is the point os having an open game with nothing fun to do? FGC2 is no more open, half the map funnels you in linear paths you HAve to go down, where enemies respawn in 30 seconds so you have to clear out the same camp 50 times.

You could shoot tires on vehicles in Crysis and they would flip on the enemies, cannot in FC2. You cannot fricken lean, how stupid is that, nor go prone. You could kill enemies by making tress fall on them in Crysis, you could use stealth and use sleep darts, and never kill a soul, try doing that in FC2. FC2 is a game that was obviously designed for ADD console gamers. You could use strength to smash in walls on buildings and make them fall on unsuspecting enemies. Crysisowns FC2, sorry. What is there to explore iN Fc2? Having a big world does not make a game better, FC2 is proof of that, the details are what matters, and FC2's world is stale, repetitive and boring.

Also, learn english.

thenewau25

Hear Hear

Crysis is a much better game on so many levels than Farcry2, both technically and gameplay wise.

thenewau25 uses Crysis hatred as a springboard for attention! I wish Gamespot had an ignore function so we wouldn't have to read his woeful ill-thought out opinions ... or having to try to decipher his atrocious English language skills.

most people like good games noth linear and open, Logical? Just being a big map does not excuse the bad gameplay.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
[QUOTE="Swiftstrike5"]

thenewau25

FEAR multiplayer is pretty badass.

You don't kill the same enemy over and over. There's a variety of units, but you fight the 'grunts' most of the time. The storyline in FEAR isn't rittled with identical menial tasks. You don't have to backtrack. Combat actually varies because you don't fight the same enemy in the same spot over and over. You aren't invincible in FEAR. Enemies AI actually loses track of where you are (enemies in Far Cry 2 have a 360 field of vision). Combat in FEAR is more intense and compact than Far Cry's. Level's in FEAR may be boring, but at least the combat is functional and fun. About the only fun gunplay in Far Cry is sniping, but that's just because it actually has semi-realistic damage. I feel like I'm playing with waterguns when I use assualt rifles in Far Cry 2. Any weapon in FEAR will almost certainly kill an enemy with 2-3 headshot, but at least that makes sense (FEAR soldiers are super-soldiers, Far Crap's are people wearing T-shirts). It's awesome to pin them to the walls with a nailgun.

FarCry 2 has the same enemies regardless of where you are. FEAR has much more variety of units and a changing enviroment. Enemies in FC2 are in the same spot, every time. Your entire point is flawed because FEAR did have Slowmo and it did have the atmosphere.

Not to mention, some people enjoy linear games because the story is usually about 10 times better and it's action is more compact. Not everyone enjoys the repetitive, menial tasks that riddle Far Cry 2's gameplay.

machockey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 machockey
Member since 2004 • 320 Posts
[QUOTE="doyousmellthat"]

Also, learn english.

N3xus9

Hear Hear

I'm on board with the both of you. The thing I hated most about fc2 is the shooting mechanics. Personally, I think the shooting mechanics suck. If it took the shooting mechanics of say.... CRYSIS (i have my problems with crysis but the mechanics of the game are amazing.) I would have a game that i would probably play though. I gave it about 3 hours and I have no reason to go play it again. It almost feels like call of duty 2. Wish i would have bought Dead Space because fc2 is a DUD!

wado-karate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#32 wado-karate
Member since 2007 • 3831 Posts

I absolutley love this game. Its a game that sucks you in. The respawning guard posts aren't that annoying if you're like me, I go around guard posts and try and stay off roads and work at night. Jamming guns are actually fun, it creates a sence of ergency when fighting and having to take cover to unjam your gun.

But everything is forgotten when your assaulting enemy held places...

fetelth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 fetelth
Member since 2008 • 130 Posts
[QUOTE="deathcy"]

thanx

thenewau25

... hahahahahahah lol so what crysis is?

lol again

NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT CRYSIS. why the **** do you bring it up in EVERY FC2 thread??

FC2 is like Assasin's Creed. Tons of hype, people like it for abit, gets good reviews but later on you find out how repititive and shallow it really is.

wado-karate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 wado-karate
Member since 2007 • 3831 Posts
[QUOTE="N3xus9"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"]

Also, learn english.

machockey

Hear Hear

I'm on board with the both of you. The thing I hated most about fc2 is the shooting mechanics. Personally, I think the shooting mechanics suck. If it took the shooting mechanics of say.... CRYSIS (i have my problems with crysis but the mechanics of the game are amazing.) I would have a game that i would probably play though. I gave it about 3 hours and I have no reason to go play it again. It almost feels like call of duty 2. Wish i would have bought Dead Space because fc2 is a DUD!

Are you saying Call of Duty 2 was bad...? Call of Duty 2 was a great game. Anywho, doyousmellthat, you just complained about FC2 being open world. I didn't like Crysis because it was linear, and the tropical island setting didn't fly well with me. Far Cry 2's cars handle better, I like the gunplay better in FC2, the game looks quite nice, not Crysis good, but still exceptional.

Its all personal preferences. You like Crysis, I like Far Cry 2.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#35 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

I hate all these all-or-nothing type posts, a game can only be played if it is god-like. i think the tc is trying to say, and i agree with him completley, that far cry 2 may not be revolutionary, but it is still a good game in it's own right. just because it didn't live up to the hype doesn't mean it's a total failure. it's still at the very, very least a good game, depending on your tolerance for repetition and minor flaws. this game will for sure get old quick if you go about all the firefights in the same way, but if you take the initiative and try different styles of fighting, each seperate battle is exhilerating and intense.

another thing, why is this game being compared to friggen crysis so much? their both fps's, and both contain jungle environments. other than that, they are totally different. i think this game should be compared more readily to games like stalker, gta, and mercenaries. they have more in common than crysis and far cry 2. as the tc said, it's fair enough to not like this game, but come on, it's getting an anomalous number of 2's and 3's out of 10, i have the feeling that a bunch of people are not giving this game a fair chance, giving it up during the tutorial and saying they hate it just to seem like their oh - so - clever and above the masses.

Poonybug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Poonybug
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

I think that the graphics in crysis are a whole lot better. But, does crysis have the awesome wind, day and night cycles, fire propogation, Hurt AI, and all that? No. I think that Far Cry 2 does have less in quality, but it has more in Quantity, and variety. And plus, If crysis has good graphics is that a good thing? i mean, it runs like hell on my computer, but Far Cry 2 runs beuatifully. I still really like Crysis too. But Far Cry 2 exeeds it in many different parts of a game that crysis lacks.

I give Far Cry 2 a 9.6/9.8.

And crysis about the same.

unrealplaya55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 unrealplaya55
Member since 2007 • 1278 Posts

[QUOTE="unrealplaya55"]The thing I hate about FC2 is that its linear. When you are on a road yhere is no other way to destroy a checkpoint unless you go guns blazing.thenewau25

Yes you can do a 360 degree attack. But the only room you have is about 20 feet away there fore killing that. Perhaps once I can get into the desert area things will change but right now it sucks.

And guns arent made of silly puddy. The thing is I own several guns and jams do not happen near as much as they do in the movies or games. So you need to stop basing games off fact.

Amigro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 Amigro
Member since 2003 • 737 Posts

The guns from the game look very neglected, extremely rusty and dirty, etc.

My dad handed down a pistol down to me that's about 30 years old and wasn't taken care of and is pretty rusted and it does jam from time to time. I own a Remington Express shotgun... also jams from time to time, but this is not from neglect, just a malfunctioning product.

Guns do jam, any gunowner should know that... Especially for guns that have went uncleaned for months and months. I don't think busting out the can of Rem Oil is at the top of the list for African rebels =P

succulent_toes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 succulent_toes
Member since 2008 • 680 Posts
I've played about an hour or two, and I wasn't impressed at all. The A.I., as I feared, was horrible, and it made for some decent target practice and that's about it. One thing I did like was that i can scope out an area before jumping into the fray. That was a nice touch. I thought the acting was lackluster, and the game overall felt quite a bit sluggish. Lot of little neat ideas were strewn about, and it showed a lot of promise. But in the end, I didn't like it all that much. It may not be a 3/10 game, but it's barely a 7/10 at the moment, at least for me.
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#40 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

in the end? i'm sorry, but you simply can't judge a game properly from just playing an hour or two. i've put in about 5 ao far, and i'm liking it more and more the more i play. at first i thought it was fun, albiet repetative and rather bland. now i really appreciate the amount of variation in the firefights, the suprising amount of variation in mission objectives, and the non-linearity of the whole affair.

Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

I'm kinda surprised that people are even having problems with jams in FC2. I think I've had less then a handful of jams in the full 22 hours play through. If you pick up broken junk dropped by NPC's I'm sure they'll jam. Buy the guns you want to use and replace your gun with a fresh gun when you come past gun stores / garages and you'll rarely jam unless you end up running multiple missions and several on and off skirmishes without getting your gun replaced.

In short, if you take just a little care, there is no reason anyone should have any issues with jamming guns in FC2

cmdrmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 cmdrmonkey
Member since 2004 • 994 Posts

I think one of my biggest problems is that the gunplay is terrible. The guns just feel like complete crap. You have to empty an entire magazine just to kill someone. I'm also not sure where the creators got the idea that guns jam this much, or that guns rust easily, as most are made of materials that resist rust incredibly well. IRL you can treat an AK-47 like garbage, and it will rarely if ever jam.

The original Far Cry had some high tech weapons like the G36 or OICW that felt powerful and were incredibly satisfying to use.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2453 Posts
Good Lord, I bought this game a week ago. Now because I've read a week's worth of hate, I can't even bring myself to start it. Should I just delete it from Steam and not bother?
Mazoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Mazoch
Member since 2004 • 2473 Posts

No, if you already bought it, give it a shot. I just finished the game and enjoyed it a lot. It's not perfect but it's really a matter of preference. A few tips:

1) Get the sniper rifles. They don't have the problem of low / bad damage. Use those as your primary weapon and keep an automatic for backup

2) Use busses and get used to travel cross country / follow rail tracks to dodge ambushes.

claytoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 claytoma
Member since 2002 • 1508 Posts
Give me a freaking flashlight! That's all I ask. One, it will help me see in the dark areas. Two, and most importantly, I can go around cracking skulls with it. I'm confident that it will cause quicker fatalities than the paintball guns (red paintballs, I'm convinced) they currently provide in the game.
wood_duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 wood_duck
Member since 2007 • 990 Posts
I agree, I love this game, i'm really enjoying and it deserves the score it got.
Jinroh_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jinroh_basic
Member since 2002 • 6413 Posts

I think one of my biggest problems is that the gunplay is terrible. The guns just feel like complete crap. You have to empty an entire magazine just to kill someone. I'm also not sure where the creators got the idea that guns jam this much, or that guns rust easily, as most are made of materials that resist rust incredibly well. IRL you can treat an AK-47 like garbage, and it will rarely if ever jam.

The original Far Cry had some high tech weapons like the G36 or OICW that felt powerful and were incredibly satisfying to use.

cmdrmonkey

you can get entirely new gears ( provided you've unlocked them ) in the store rooms beside gun shops. these weapons would last you at least a day without any problem at all. also, the last gen and warsaw pact weapons are there to reflect the game's setting -- i would be surprised if local guerrillas are using OICW. meaning no disrespect, but it seems, like so many other complaints i've heard from the haters, you are just unfamiliar with the game.

the gunplay is great. not the best ever, but up there among the most satisfying FPS experience i've ever had. all of the weapons have powerful feedback, and are equally lethal if used properly. really the only thing i don't quite like is how the sniper scope view is always stable. but this, as well as most other problems i found in gunplay, are very minor and can be easily neglected when you look at all the things FC2 does right.

chesterocks7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 chesterocks7
Member since 2005 • 1572 Posts
[QUOTE="thenewau25"]

[QUOTE="unrealplaya55"]The thing I hate about FC2 is that its linear. When you are on a road yhere is no other way to destroy a checkpoint unless you go guns blazing.unrealplaya55

Yes you can do a 360 degree attack. But the only room you have is about 20 feet away there fore killing that. Perhaps once I can get into the desert area things will change but right now it sucks.

And guns arent made of silly puddy. The thing is I own several guns and jams do not happen near as much as they do in the movies or games. So you need to stop basing games off fact.

Do you use your guns in an African setting on a daily basis to survive? Didn't think so. And yeah they obviously sped things up because if they wanted to make it completely realistic you wouldn't encounter a jam before you finished the game.

thenewau25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 thenewau25
[QUOTE="thenewau25"][QUOTE="N3xus9"][QUOTE="doyousmellthat"]

Also, learn english.

doyousmellthat

Hear Hear

most people like good games noth linear and open, Logical? Just being a big map does not excuse the bad gameplay.

crysis has a bad gameplay for me why now worldmap not many guns and i wann paly with gusn ONLY and drive around not extra abilities!