Enemy Territory: QUAKE Wars PC Demo

• 82 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

raf4000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 raf4000
Member since 2004 • 252 Posts

The game you have all been waiting for! Anyone who played to beta will see the final results!

Download link:

http://www.hdvg.net/downloads/demos/enemy_territory_quake_wars_demo_hdvg_premiere/details.html

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

I hope the net code & optmiziation has improved...

Q6600 , 3GB RAM , 8800 GTS 640 MB , and I struggled to stay above 30 FPS max settings at 1650 x 1050 in the beta .... and the net code lag ... other than that, a nice game, hate bots on servers though :I

weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#3 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts

Q6600 , 3GB RAM , 8800 GTS 640 MB , and I struggled to stay above 30 FPS max settings at 1650 x 1050 in the beta .... and the net code lag ... other than that, a nice game, hate bots on servers though :I

Meu2k7

I hope they completely retooled the gameplay and weapons

lol, right

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Meu2k7
[QUOTE="Meu2k7"]

weirjf

I hope they completely retooled the gameplay and weapons

lol, right

Meh, I thought the gameplay was good & weapons , ofcourse its quite abit more hardcore than ET: Wolf was.

marklar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 marklar123
Member since 2004 • 119 Posts

i am really disappointed with this game. it will probably get better once i know what the heck i'm doing, but i really don't think a game should require you to read a bunch of articles to know what to do. i have no idea what the objectives are or what to look for on the map. i don't know what all the different guns do and how you're supposed to use them (ex. with the sniper class, you can depoly something that i have no idea what it does or where i'm supposed to even deploy it).

and a major issue is with the quick chat menu. in battlefield, you just click Q and it gives you a bunch of options that you can select just by moving your mouse. with this game you click a button (middlemouse on mine) and you get a TON of headings and subheadings. there's no way you can give an order or ask for something in the heat of battle. you'd have to stop, click the button and navigate through a bunch of crap. this alone, takes a lot of the cooperation aspect out of the gamesincenooneusesthequickchat.

i'm sure some of these problems could be solved with just playing a bunch of times and looking like a complete noob for a bunch of rounds until you figure out the guns and objectives.butseriously,theyshouldincludeatutorialwiththefullgame.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Meu2k7

i am really disappointed with this game. it will probably get better once i know what the heck i'm doing, but i really don't think a game should require you to read a bunch of articles to know what to do. i have no idea what the objectives are or what to look for on the map. i don't know what all the different guns do and how you're supposed to use them (ex. with the sniper class, you can depoly something that i have no idea what it does or where i'm supposed to even deploy it).

and a major issue is with the quick chat menu. in battlefield, you just click Q and it gives you a bunch of options that you can select just by moving your mouse. with this game you click a button (middlemouse on mine) and you get a TON of headings and subheadings. there's no way you can give an order or ask for something in the heat of battle. you'd have to stop, click the button and navigate through a bunch of crap. this alone, takes a lot of the cooperation aspect out of the gamesincenooneusesthequickchat.

i'm sure some of these problems could be solved with just playing a bunch of times and looking like a complete noob for a bunch of rounds until you figure out the guns and objectives.butseriously,theyshouldincludeatutorialwiththefullgame.

marklar123

1) The announcer explains and its on the map right? (Objectives)

2) Sniper has Radar Deployment, which scans for enemies within a radius ... place it anywhere in your territory.

3) You would eventually learn the chats off-by-heart ... by quickly pressing "Middl mouse , 0 , 6 , 1" or whatever. and you could change it from middle mouse.

Thats some problems fixed for you, I was like that the first time, would be easier if we had manuals :P

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts

yeah, I hope they have a tutorial in the full game. Honestly the first week of Beta 1 was a hell for anyone who played RT:CW or ET. You had all these players from BF2 that didn't know what to do, the same thing happened to me today. The gap between people who know what to do and the people who don't even know what a "spawn host" is very big.

also, if you don't know how to do something. Just ASK in game, don't be afraid or anything. If you happen to bump into me I'll gladly explain the steps a long the way.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
Where can I get the license key for the multiplayer?
zehoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zehoo
Member since 2004 • 75 Posts
not for me =\ ppl that loved wolfet would love this though.
0Goldeneye0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 0Goldeneye0
Member since 2006 • 471 Posts

Yea, I hope its better then the beta! I was very disapointed with the beta! One there was no one online (but thats only because theres not alot of subscribers) and 2 it felt like a mod for battlefield 2.

I hope its bettter because I loved the quakes and i loved the W:ET so I really keying on getting the game until the beta, after the beta I was dissapointed and second guessed myself, well see if the demo will change my mind...

throwsomeDDs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 throwsomeDDs
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts
i found it very meh. I dont like the art style and feel of the game. It reminds me of ut2004 with a slight graphics upgrade and bigger maps. The objectives can be nice but i like to move in solo at times and it pissed me off how people were coming at me in packs of 5 and 6.
throwsomeDDs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 throwsomeDDs
Member since 2007 • 154 Posts

yeah, I hope they have a tutorial in the full game. Honestly the first week of Beta 1 was a hell for anyone who played RT:CW or ET. You had all these players from BF2 that didn't know what to do, the same thing happened to me today. The gap between people who know what to do and the people who don't even know what a "spawn host" is very big.

also, if you don't know how to do something. Just ASK in game, don't be afraid or anything. If you happen to bump into me I'll gladly explain the steps a long the way.

_Pedro_

my first time that i played cs i asked a question and someone was like "omg noob!! go away.....please! " and since then i have been slow to ask questions in games that im unfamiliar with
weirjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#14 weirjf
Member since 2002 • 2392 Posts
[QUOTE="_Pedro_"]

throwsomeDDs

my first time that i played cs i asked a question and someone was like "omg noob!! go away.....please! " and since then i have been slow to ask questions in games that im unfamiliar with

It really depends on the question. Read the manual first, and that should cover anything that most people would "NOOB!" you about. Helps if you start a game new because then other people are usually asking questions that you can use.

humbugdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 humbugdude
Member since 2004 • 278 Posts
[QUOTE="throwsomeDDs"][QUOTE="_Pedro_"]

weirjf

It really depends on the question. Read the manual first, and that should cover anything that most people would "NOOB!" you about. Helps if you start a game new because then other people are usually asking questions that you can use.

Thats right. Besides, In a game called Company of Heroes - a great rts - I learned a LOT of things from asking things of people I played against.

Now I'm level 9 axis+allies on 1v1, both. Which is a very high skill level for those who don't know.

My point is, days of being NOOB!'d are over, unless youer going back into something so old it's ridiculously simple to learn.

prowler666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 prowler666
Member since 2003 • 860 Posts

i didn't really like this one (already played the beta earlyer). i think the game was somewhere between Battlefield and Unreal Tournament (wich are the kind of online shooters i like), but yet both of them are better. the idea is good, but the gameplay feels somehow so... i don't know... toyish is the first word i can describe it with. it doesn't play as smooth as BF and unreal.

it's not so bad, but i guess i'm gonna pass this one. too bad, since i really had my hopes up for it, and waited this game for a long time. this is only my opinion, so i really think everyone should at least try out the demo.

AsinineZomg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 AsinineZomg
Member since 2006 • 709 Posts

The game is still absolute garbage.

GG ID

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
[QUOTE="marklar123"]and a major issue is with the quick chat menu. in battlefield, you just click Q and it gives you a bunch of options that you can select just by moving your mouse. with this game you click a button (middlemouse on mine) and you get a TON of headings and subheadings. there's no way you can give an order or ask for something in the heat of battle. you'd have to stop, click the button and navigate through a bunch of crap. this alone, takes a lot of the cooperation aspect out of the gamesincenooneusesthequickchat.Meu2k7
3) You would eventually learn the chats off-by-heart ... by quickly pressing "Middl mouse , 0 , 6 , 1" or whatever. and you could change it from middle mouse.

just speaking from my experience with RtCW: ET, it's one of those things that becomes second nature with time. I think it was... V - 4 - 3 to say 'thank you' in ET, right? V 5 5 to cheer? And I haven't played the game in a year or two. :D Once you get the hang of it, people will start using it a LOT, much more so than in Battlefield. I'm just guessing though, I didn't play the beta and the demo is at 33%. In ET, there was a lot more quickchat going on, and it was generally used intelligently and people paid attention to it (except for Wunderbar! Yes! Jahaa! Yes! Yes! Wunderbar! Excellent! Wunderbar! Yes! Excellent! Jahaa!), rather than in BF where the quickchat is somewhat ignored on public servers.
zipozal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 zipozal
Member since 2007 • 1809 Posts

The game is absolute gold, anyone who can't easily figure out what to do and is over the age of 12 should really be ashamed at themselves, no you don't instantly know what to do. Just 10 minutes playing it all came together and was pretty dam easy to figure out.

The learning curve is bigger then most shooters, it nevertheless is much smaller then many other PC genres out there, if you can't figure it out on your own I suggest you just go buy a console where you can get your simple minded fix
AsinineZomg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 AsinineZomg

[QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="marklar123"]and a major issue is with the quick chat menu. in battlefield, you just click Q and it gives you a bunch of options that you can select just by moving your mouse. with this game you click a button (middlemouse on mine) and you get a TON of headings and subheadings. there's no way you can give an order or ask for something in the heat of battle. you'd have to stop, click the button and navigate through a bunch of crap. this alone, takes a lot of the cooperation aspect out of the gamesincenooneusesthequickchat.Makari

just speaking from my experience with RtCW: ET, it's one of those things that becomes second nature with time. I think it was... V - 4 - 3 to say 'thank you' in ET, right? V 5 5 to cheer? And I haven't played the game in a year or two. :D Once you get the hang of it, people will start using it a LOT, much more so than in Battlefield. I'm just guessing though, I didn't play the beta and the demo is at 33%. In ET, there was a lot more quickchat going on, and it was generally used intelligently and people paid attention to it (except for Wunderbar! Yes! Jahaa! Yes! Yes! Wunderbar! Excellent! Wunderbar! Yes! Excellent! Jahaa!), rather than in BF where the quickchat is somewhat ignored on public servers.

V-5-7 is cheering. V-5-5 is Bye.

V-5-6!

7Canada_eh7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 7Canada_eh7
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Meu2k7"][QUOTE="marklar123"]and a major issue is with the quick chat menu. in battlefield, you just click Q and it gives you a bunch of options that you can select just by moving your mouse. with this game you click a button (middlemouse on mine) and you get a TON of headings and subheadings. there's no way you can give an order or ask for something in the heat of battle. you'd have to stop, click the button and navigate through a bunch of crap. this alone, takes a lot of the cooperation aspect out of the gamesincenooneusesthequickchat.Makari

Its the same for me i just cant forget some of the commands.I think v 4 5 was sorry (i used that alot) :D.v 5 5 is goodbye ... so on. boy did i love hearing jahaha

7Canada_eh7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 7Canada_eh7

Its the same for me i just cant forget some of the commands.I think v 4 5 was sorry (i used that alot) :D.v 5 5 is goodbye ... so on. boy did i love hearing jahaha

FPSGunnerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 FPSGunnerDude
Member since 2006 • 948 Posts
I think it might be the best multiplayer shooter yet. And about the learning curve, it's really not that difficult. You learn as you play, as is the same in all games. And youCAN just jump in, grab a gun, and be effective.
Spartan_KDM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Spartan_KDM
i dont know what the problem is with everybodys pc but i'm running this game on max settings and 1440X900 resolution on my dv9000 laptop and its running over 30 fps
FPSGunnerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FPSGunnerDude

i dont know what the problem is with everybodys pc but i'm running this game on max settings and 1440X900 resolution on my dv9000 laptop and its running over 30 fpsSpartan_KDM

Yeah, it's running nice for me too. Much better than the beta.

AsinineZomg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AsinineZomg
I think it might be the best multiplayer shooter yet. And about the learning curve, it's really not that difficult. You learn as you play, as is the same in all games. And youCAN just jump in, grab a gun, and be effective.FPSGunnerDude
You're joking, right?
FPSGunnerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FPSGunnerDude

[QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]I think it might be the best multiplayer shooter yet. And about the learning curve, it's really not that difficult. You learn as you play, as is the same in all games. And youCAN just jump in, grab a gun, and be effective.AsinineZomg
You're joking, right?

Not at all. I've been waiting for a next gen objective based shooter with more to offer for years. It's near perfect in my opinion.

AsinineZomg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 AsinineZomg

[QUOTE="AsinineZomg"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]I think it might be the best multiplayer shooter yet. And about the learning curve, it's really not that difficult. You learn as you play, as is the same in all games. And youCAN just jump in, grab a gun, and be effective.FPSGunnerDude

You're joking, right?

Not at all. I've been waiting for a next gen objective based shooter with more to offer for years. It's near perfect in my opinion.

Obviously you haven't played any good FPS games.
peeviness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 peeviness
Member since 2004 • 2023 Posts

I was very impressed, but I knew exactly what to do since I played W:ET religiously.

There are way too many noobs in the demos right now, but once someone makes a mod without one shot kill vehicles, it should be an awesome game.

FPSGunnerDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 FPSGunnerDude
[QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]

[QUOTE="AsinineZomg"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]I think it might be the best multiplayer shooter yet. And about the learning curve, it's really not that difficult. You learn as you play, as is the same in all games. And youCAN just jump in, grab a gun, and be effective.AsinineZomg

You're joking, right?

Just wait and see. This game will average about a 9 score.

AsinineZomg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 AsinineZomg
[QUOTE="AsinineZomg"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]

[QUOTE="AsinineZomg"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]I think it might be the best multiplayer shooter yet. And about the learning curve, it's really not that difficult. You learn as you play, as is the same in all games. And youCAN just jump in, grab a gun, and be effective.FPSGunnerDude

You're joking, right?

My ass it will. The game is another lackluster FPS. You can't even change the mouse sensitivty while in game, something a bunch of 10 year old games have! Hell, even Wolfenstein: ET had that. And your precious QW doesn't.

Also, slip and slide vehicles aren't good. Nor are crappy weapons with garbage bullet spreads.

TheWalrusKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 TheWalrusKing
Member since 2003 • 956 Posts
NO
[QUOTE="AsinineZomg"][QUOTE="FPSGunnerDude"]

You're joking, right?

just to show u how bad i thought it was is that i havent had a new game in like what 6 months now, and im not even downloading the free demo. Id rather just play old games. Im not even really impressed with MOH Airborne, feels sorta old fashioned. Bioshock i WILL get tho.

TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 TDuiker
Member since 2004 • 11689 Posts

Im getting horrible fps on X2 3800, 8800GTX..

Wish i had my Q6600 back from RMA allready..

Cant i get like better fps cause this sugcgsss..

bmaisey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 bmaisey
Member since 2004 • 324 Posts
the game seems allright. Graphics are sort of sitting between last-gen and current-gen, sort of basic but they still look nice. Gameplay is fun, theres lots of weapons and other things for each class etc etc. It controls like pretty much any other fps. The bots are kind of dumb but thats to be expected i guess. The vehicles are well done, except im not sure whats going on with the aircraft, the only one i got in kind of decided to spin out of control without me doing anything :? Otherwise its a bit of fun, its good points are that its an objective game, it has a decent class system, and you get promoted with upgrades as you play. On the other hand, it doesnt seem to be anything special really, just another fairly competent fps, as if we dont have enough already...
underdark944

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#35 underdark944
Member since 2003 • 1368 Posts
I played the beta for about 1 week at the beginning and stopped because of how laggy and ugly this game was. I tried the demo with a little hope but I don't see any clear differences. ( Mind you, I haven't played that much) It's still laggy, the infantry is still chaotic and unaccurate and it seems everybody's disconnected, noone's playing together. Whatever. I'm not buying. I guess my next multiplayer shooter will be Team Fortress 2...
zipozal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 zipozal
Member since 2007 • 1809 Posts

Supcom all over agian :? people just bashing the game for being to complex and because they are to stubborn to turn the dam settings down.

The game isn't actually laggy if you get in the right freaking server, the majority of the servers oddly enough are Euro servers, but if you pick one with under 100 ping that isn't marked Euro/Uk their is no lag.

CJSpangler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CJSpangler
Member since 2003 • 347 Posts

I am rather disappointed by this game....

While it looks fairly nice from the beta it seems worthless to be infantry/solder (except for rocket launcher) since field opts and others can deal so much more damage, still get practically the same weapons as well as engis who get anti personel/vehicle. Also, I am definately not a fan of the laser weapons. They seem really lame, require little skill. There is little deviation in the area your shots go while you run around with standard weapons. The vehicles seem to be the main focus of this game. The pistols that auto target are really lame as well.

The game does make a nice attempt at making it focus on objective and the different deployables are cool, but the classes seem so out of balance its ridiculous.

A1B2C3CAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#38 A1B2C3CAL
Member since 2007 • 2332 Posts
Sounds and looks like a no download/try for me....
ninil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40 ninil
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

And does anyone else find the sound to be the worst thay have ever heard in a game?

I like the objectives, I like the variety of classes. I dont like the sound, and the graphics are just ho-hum.

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BounceDK
Member since 2005 • 7388 Posts
I like it but it's no Wolfenstein that's for sure ;) It should also have been an M rated game as I have yet to see any gore at all.. Bleh
TDuiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TDuiker
Member since 2004 • 11689 Posts

So I just downloaded it and installed it, I meet more than the minimum requirements, but I get TERRIBLE FPS.. It's so bad that I can't even play. The menu even has a delay to it, it's insane.. anyone else getting it this bad?Bofft
I got a X2 3800, 8800GTX, and 2 gig PC3200. And im getting horrrible fps..

I just want my 680I, Q6600 back from RMA...

Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Makari
[QUOTE="TDuiker"]

[QUOTE="Bofft"]So I just downloaded it and installed it, I meet more than the minimum requirements, but I get TERRIBLE FPS.. It's so bad that I can't even play. The menu even has a delay to it, it's insane.. anyone else getting it this bad?Bofft

I got a X2 3800, 8800GTX, and 2 gig PC3200. And im getting horrrible fps..

I just want my 680I, Q6600 back from RMA...

That sucks.. At least I'm not the only one though..

What drivers? Mine was running fine on a GTS.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

I can't get it to run.

I've updated to the latest (Radeon) Drivers, and I get this Error message:

The OpenGL driver doesn't support wglChoosePixelFormatARB

BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BounceDK
162.18 works like a charm. XP baby
BounceDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BounceDK
It's actually quite weird. If I max everything out it actually runs better than if I turn stuff off... I must have a nasty bottleneck somewhere .. hmm
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Makari
[QUOTE="Hewkii"]I can't get it to run. I've updated to the latest (Radeon) Drivers, and I get this Error message:
The OpenGL driver doesn't support wglChoosePixelFormatARBQUAAAAAAKE WAAARRRRRRRRZZZZZZZZZoneoneone

The latest official ones, or the hotfix drivers for the game? I'm sure I saw some specifically out for QW.. edit: this - http://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBAnswer.asp?questionID=29459 Dunno if it'd fix completely non-running games, though. edit: hm.. i saw a mention on Shacknews that the hotfix is included in today's 7.9 drivers, so i don't know then.
Avatar image for ThePostalWorker
ThePostalWorker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ThePostalWorker
Member since 2006 • 839 Posts
I'm running it at 1440 - 900 Graphics Set to High and getting no noticable low framerates with a 2.4 Core Duo, 2 gigs of Ram, and only a 7900GS. It runs really well. The graphics are decent, but work with game. I like the feel and style of the game, its like a more action orianted battlefield. But it seems like there are alot of things that could be just tweaked to make it better. Nothing mods cant fix. And bafft, NIce avatar, I love MST3K.
arangadillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 arangadillo
Member since 2005 • 702 Posts
I think a lot of the haters are forgetting that this is a demo... someone said that they would be getting BIOSHOCK and skipping this game. BIOSHOCK is the WORST of the hyped FPS's in the past 3 years...the WORST. Also a few people mentioned how the the graphics are between last gen and "now" gen... What paradigm from on line shooters are you judging from? Freaking trolls... BIOSHOCK...it's not even multi-player... I hate that game.