Elder Scrolls Online Pre-Order up

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

For those who care....

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#2  Edited By nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

i dont have much faith in this game... best to wait and see how it turns out before pre-ordering.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I love that pet...lol....

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58955 Posts

Arrogant price point, much like Old Republic. Hold off, it will bomb, go free2play. Even as a free2play model, the greedy assholes will probably still attempt to take the piss.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

£50 and a sub fee and a cash shop..... no end game pve. flip flop flop.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FelipeInside

I have no idea how this game is going to go honestly.

People here bitch about the price and say it's not a good game etc, then I go to other forums and people are super excited about it.

Guess have to wait and see.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 vfibsux

I think it would do well as free to play but not as a sub-based game. Plays like Skyrim but without what makes Skyrim great, tough to sell a sub for that. But hey....you can pay with your friends :/

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 uninspiredcup  Online

Bethesda and in general, Elder Scrolls is a perfect series for MMO material imo. It's just too bad it's not Bethesda and they are being incredibly greedy about it.

TwistedShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 TwistedShade
Member since 2012 • 3139 Posts

This game is going to bomb. They've been holding off information, and locking down that NDA because they don't want people to realize that.

All these Cinematic trailers say the same thing, awesome looking trailers that won't at all translate into the game, I don't even think there's been Gameplay trailers yet.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside

@TwistedShade said:

This game is going to bomb. They've been holding off information, and locking down that NDA because they don't want people to realize that.

All these Cinematic trailers say the same thing, awesome looking trailers that won't at all translate into the game, I don't even think there's been Gameplay trailers yet.

Ehhh... every developer locks down information and NDA, it's been like that for years.

There are also gameplay trailers and even gameplay walkthroughs from the developer.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#11 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@TwistedShade said:

Ehhh... every developer locks down information and NDA, it's been like that for years.

There are also gameplay trailers and even gameplay walkthroughs from the developer.

In my eyes, it sounds to me that the developers are more confident of TES:Online as "Skyrim MMO" than a competent, full-fledged, innovative MMO. It seems like some developers have and are taking this route with MMOs--Single-player-like video games that is online with an MMO infrastructure. If it becomes successful, it will be because of the Elder Scrolls brand.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 uninspiredcup  Online

Guild Wars 2 has tons of in-engine footage well before launch. Heck, they let youtube people (i.e pretend press) have hands on and post videos. But eh, that's a cool game.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By FelipeInside

@Elann2008 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@TwistedShade said:

In my eyes, it sounds to me that the developers are more confident of TES:Online as "Skyrim MMO" than a competent, full-fledged, innovative MMO

I don't see anything wrong with that if they pull it off.

Everyone asked for a co-op Elder Scrolls for years, well here it is folks.

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14  Edited By Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

I'm so so on this right now. I'm quite excited to go back to a MMO and for it being an Elder Scrolls game I'm excited about that. The only problem is that they still make us pay around $60 for the game plus a monthly fee.

So you might see me playing this on day 1 here.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 FelipeInside

@Sweetbackhair said:

The only problem is that they still make us pay around $60 for the game plus a monthly fee.

Well remember the first month is free, but I can understand your point since sometimes $15 a month is too much for me for what I play.

Saying that, and after all the MMOs I've played, I've noticed that the subscription MMOs are better than the free ones, except maybe GW2 which I enjoy lots.

I wonder why one hasn't done a lower cost... like $5 or $10 a month.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By vfibsux

@FelipeInside said:

@Elann2008 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@TwistedShade said:

In my eyes, it sounds to me that the developers are more confident of TES:Online as "Skyrim MMO" than a competent, full-fledged, innovative MMO

But I don't think anyone said "I would take a watered down version if it meant I could play it with other people." Playing Skyrim with a friend and ESO with a friend would be two completely different experiences.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
  • £50
  • monthly fee of £9
  • Cash shop

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By FelipeInside

@vfibsux said:

But I don't think anyone said "I would take a watered down version if it meant I could play it with other people." Playing Skyrim with a friend and ESO with a friend would be two completely different experiences.

That I can't comment on because I haven't played ESO, and I didn't play much of Skyrim.

I guess some players will see it as a watered down version, while others will just have fun with it.

From the people I personally know I have 3 friends that love the Elder Scrolls. One isn't going to buy ESO cause he doesn't like the MMO aspect of it, the other two can't wait for it and even say that it will be fun with friends even if it doesn't have all the Skyrim things at launch.

I think ESO will sell well.... maybe have an option of Free2Play in about a year. A constant playerbase. ESO will last at least 5 years imo.

Exiled_Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19 Exiled_Paladin
Member since 2013 • 69 Posts

This game is going to flop. 200 million dollars to make this game. Watch they will milk it for 6 months and get as much cash as they can. Than it's hello F2P with 6 month updates and hardly any endgame. The worst beta I have participated in.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Gotta love how they slapped us in the face not only once, but twice with this.

First the fact that you can play as any race in any faction if you want to... but only if you pre-order.
Second the biggest slap to the face is the imperial race being CE exclusive.

Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21  Edited By deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

@exiled_paladin said:

This game is going to flop. 200 million dollars to make this game. Watch they will milk it for 6 months and get as much cash as they can. Than it's hello F2P with 6 month updates and hardly any endgame. The worst beta I have participated in.

Uh, you have a source for that figure?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@Maroxad said:

Gotta love how they slapped us in the face not only once, but twice with this.

First the fact that you can play as any race in any faction if you want to... but only if you pre-order.

Wow. Just, wow.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside

@Maroxad said:

Just guessing here but I reckon that imperial race thing will be unlocked for everyone in the future.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

This game has my attention... But for around 15$ a month... Well I don't play enough games for it to be worth 15$ a month.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside

@horgen123 said:

This game has my attention... But for around 15$ a month... Well I don't play enough games for it to be worth 15$ a month.

I get your point but look at it this way.

If you go out and watch a movie you might spend the same amount of money, but the movie will only be 2-3 hours long in a whole month.

$15 gets you 744 hours in a month on this game.

I still think they should be a bit cheaper though, like $5-$10 x month.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

WHAT?! this sh^t ain't free? I give them 1 year before it becomes free to play.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By FelipeInside

@PredatorRules said:

WHAT?! this sh^t ain't free? I give them 1 year before it becomes free to play.

Probably, and then get even more money how the successful MMOs that converted have done.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 vfibsux

@FelipeInside said:

@vfibsux said:

That I can't comment on because I haven't played ESO, and I didn't play much of Skyrim.

I guess some players will see it as a watered down version, while others will just have fun with it.

From the people I personally know I have 3 friends that love the Elder Scrolls. One isn't going to buy ESO cause he doesn't like the MMO aspect of it, the other two can't wait for it and even say that it will be fun with friends even if it doesn't have all the Skyrim things at launch.

I think ESO will sell well.... maybe have an option of Free2Play in about a year. A constant playerbase. ESO will last at least 5 years imo.

We'll just have to see. I am on the fence personally but leaning toward sitting this one out if I can suppress my MMO addiction to do so. If it were f2p I would certainly play it, doubt they would make any money off of me though.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

I'm kinda excited about this because the Elder Scrolls is one of my favorite video game series. Apart from that though, I can't say I'm super impressed with what I know so far about the game. I will not preorder it but I will most likely buy it on day 1, play the first free month, maybe pay for another month and then wait for it to go free. I just can't afford paying full price for the game and then a monthly fee.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Elann2008

@FelipeInside said:

@Elann2008 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@TwistedShade said:

Who said it was wrong? I certainly didn't. I wasn't one of those folks. Elder Scrolls to me is still the single-player experience. But needless to say, everyone is entitled to whatever game they want to play in any form. But that isn't the argument here.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Elann2008

@vfibsux said:

@FelipeInside said:

@Elann2008 said:

@FelipeInside said:

@TwistedShade said:

Exactly. Thanking for pointing that out. :)

Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@Sweetbackhair said:

The only problem is that they still make us pay around $60 for the game plus a monthly fee.

Well remember the first month is free, but I can understand your point since sometimes $15 a month is too much for me for what I play.

Saying that, and after all the MMOs I've played, I've noticed that the subscription MMOs are better than the free ones, except maybe GW2 which I enjoy lots.

I wonder why one hasn't done a lower cost... like $5 or $10 a month.

That actually is nice to know that we get a free month.

I probably will get it because my one friend is getting it also and wants to play together. Also might try out streaming on Twitch so I'm all excited about that if I do that!

overhead_drums

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By overhead_drums
Member since 2010 • 338 Posts

I got the email and went straight to the link to pre-order after enjoying the BETA, quickly saw it was 50 quid and changed my mind..for now at least.

I know i will buy it and probably pre order and spend the £50 but thats a lot of monies!

EDIT: having now took a good look at the previous comments i realise its not free to play! I thought the £50 was so stupidly high because there was no subscription. Although, whilst i type this I'm slowly realising that because its also on the xbox and PS they were always most likely to match the PC price to the consoles.... Maybe i won't buy it after all. sad...

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

@Elann2008: the problem with developer walkthroughs and gameplay videos is that they will describe everything as epic and revolutionary. for example:

Developer: elder scrolls online has a revolutionary questing system never before seen in a game of this type, as shown in this gameplay video.

Average gamer: the questing system is a cross between that of WoW and GW2.

this is why ordinary gamers' videos are useful, they are more likely to look at the game the way you would.

edit: i should point out this is a made up example, not anything i personally heard.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Elann2008

@Kh1ndjal said:

@Elann2008: the problem with developer walkthroughs and gameplay videos is that they will describe everything as epic and revolutionary. for example:

Developer: elder scrolls online has a revolutionary questing system never before seen in a game of this type, as shown in this gameplay video.

Average gamer: the questing system is a cross between that of WoW and GW2.

this is why ordinary gamers' videos are useful, they are more likely to look at the game the way you would.

edit: i should point out this is a made up example, not anything i personally heard.

Very true! And a good chunk of gamers will fall for it then drop the sub in weeks, few months. I hardly ever pay attention to what developers/reviews/critics have to say nowadays with the exception of very good ones like Kevin VanOrd (I thank that man for reviewing Vanquish! Great game even though I didn't like it at first). "Ordinary gamer" videos whether it be previews, impressions, reviews, or pure gameplay are my go-to sources. Don't get me wrong, there's a handful of professional writers/reviewers that are good.

Croag821

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Croag821
Member since 2009 • 2331 Posts

I'm not going to pre-order anything till the NDA drops. I want to know more about the PvP mechanics. I also hate the pre-order bonuses, having some cosmetics is one thing but a whole god-damn race!? Not a good start for this game IMO.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@horgen123 said:

If you go out and watch a movie you might spend the same amount of money, but the movie will only be 2-3 hours long in a whole month.

They're charging $15 because that's the standard MMO rate. From what we've seen, I don't see why there is a $15 sub. Like others have said, the end game seems lacking or non-existent. That's why the majority of people play MMOs - for the end game.

But like Horgen, I don't get to play games often enough to warrant paying $60 and then $15 per month, and then have a cash shop... Really!?

There are too many good games out there (MMOs included) that don't have such a steep entry fee. Let's be honest - from what we've seen, this game wouldn't be getting any attention except for the fact that it's a TES game.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

Not worth. Full price + monthly fees + cash shop + lack of content (quality-wise) ... not worth. Closed betas (stress tests or whatever they call them) were more than enough crap for me to witness.

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

@horgen123 said:

That's a bad example. It's exactly the reason why I don't watch movies.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Lol

This game is going to go down in flames harder than an airplane whose wings just blew up.

Arthas045

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By Arthas045
Member since 2005 • 5800 Posts

I want to jump on this MMO bad, but just going to wait. All of these games I have jumped on at the start are 20.00 games in 3 months....

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By vfibsux

@Arthas045 said:

I want to jump on this MMO bad, but just going to wait. All of these games I have jumped on at the start are 20.00 games in 3 months....

I can't see it surviving as a sub MMO, waiting for f2p would not be a gamble imo.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FelipeInside

@dethtrain said:

@FelipeInside said:

@horgen123 said:

That's a bad example. It's exactly the reason why I don't watch movies.

It's a perfect example. It's called entertainment and cost.

You don't watch movies? fine, you're in the minority. Other people don't mind paying a bit of money to have a good time.

Evenios

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Evenios
Member since 2005 • 1615 Posts

the beta was fun the graphics are pretty nice and i actually had fun going through the quests, it didnt feel boring and it didnt feel like cookie cutter quests. I think the game will be fun and i look foward to it.

Not sure about the CE though i think the statue is a bit ugly/scarey, it would been nice if they had gone with a statue of an imperial or something like that (since its called the imperial edition) nice big box and book. Think i am getting it anyways ..gonna be better then most of the blah MMos out there!

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

I so hope this game comes out well....did they ever say if they were going to have raids?

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

The game is trash.It will go f2p withing 6-12 months

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

@ShepardCommandr said:

The game is trash.It will go f2p withing 6-12 months

Well I hope you're wrong. I have played it and it didn't sweep me off my feet...but I still have hope.

zaza__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 zaza__
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
@exiled_paladin said:

ESO did not cost 200 million dollars:

ZeniMax Debunks Elder Scrolls Online 200M Budget Rumor: We Couldn’t Have Wasted That Much Money

Sleepyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Sleepyz
Member since 2003 • 3805 Posts

High price tag and monthly fees they can keep it. Theres so many great games these days that cost so much less this is just a waste of money. I'll try it next year when it goes f2p.