Elder Scrolls Online E3 stage demo with Gamespot....got me back

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 0

#1 vfibsux
Member since 2003 • 4497 Posts

Great stage demo. Haters can keep on hatin, I'm excited about this game again. They announced the PC will have its own controls and UI exclusive to it and as we have heard separate servers. Some great new gameplay footage here.

Sorry if it's already posted, the board is screwy lately with hiding threads....

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Great stage demo. Haters can keep on hatin, I'm excited about this game again. They announced the PC will have its own controls and UI exclusive to it and as we have heard separate servers. Some great new gameplay footage here.

Sorry if it's already posted, the board is screwy lately with hiding threads....

vfibsux

told you so

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 vfibsux

[QUOTE="vfibsux"]

lawlessx

told you so

And since you don't speak for Zenimax I can't say you telling me so meant too much. But gloat if you must. I am glad I was wrong, still not happy it is delayed because of consoles though.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 lawlessx

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="vfibsux"]

vfibsux

told you so

And since you don't speak for Zenimax I can't say you telling me so meant too much. But gloat if you must. I am glad I was wrong, still not happy it is delayed because of consoles though.

if a game is being designed for the PC i would think it's pretty safe to assume the UI will also be designed for the mouse and keyboard.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
Good to hear about the UI. I still don't like the animations, do they seem a bit stiff to everyone else as well? And graphics are nice but I maybe was expecting Guild Wars 2 level detail. I probably won't get it cause I've never been able to get into the Elder Scrolls games, but hopefully it does well for all you fans out there :)
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23933 Posts

[QUOTE="vfibsux"]

lawlessx

told you so

I thought it was pretty obvious the game was going to have a PC UI for the PC version, and your quote in our chat couldnt have said it any better.

...game was announced for the PC first and has been in development for years

lawlessx

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside
Does this game have good exploration and gear finding? What I enjoy most out of Fantasy MMOs is exploring, immersion and finding gear (from quests or exploration), putting it on and seeing the difference on my character. GW2 had the exploration down pat, but the gear finding was lacking.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#8 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Maroxad

Does this game have good exploration and gear finding? What I enjoy most out of Fantasy MMOs is exploring, immersion and finding gear (from quests or exploration), putting it on and seeing the difference on my character. GW2 had the exploration down pat, but the gear finding was lacking.FelipeInside

Gear finding, I believe it will be similar to typical mmos in this regard, exploraion, well it is an Elder Scrolls game, and I do think they might do a good job with exploration.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lawlessx

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Does this game have good exploration and gear finding? What I enjoy most out of Fantasy MMOs is exploring, immersion and finding gear (from quests or exploration), putting it on and seeing the difference on my character. GW2 had the exploration down pat, but the gear finding was lacking.Maroxad

Gear finding, I believe it will be similar to typical mmos in this regard, exploraion, well it is an Elder Scrolls game, and I do think they might do a good job with exploration.

"alright guys lets go raid this dungeon and get some loo..wait a min..one of our members is wearing lvl 15 armor in a dungeon that is lvl 17"

*kicks member out of group*

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Maroxad

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Does this game have good exploration and gear finding? What I enjoy most out of Fantasy MMOs is exploring, immersion and finding gear (from quests or exploration), putting it on and seeing the difference on my character. GW2 had the exploration down pat, but the gear finding was lacking.lawlessx

"alright guys lets go raid this dungeon and get some loo..wait a min..one of our members is wearing lvl 15 armor in a dungeon that is lvl 17"

I didnt know that you played WoW during the WotLK era. :P

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 lawlessx

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Maroxad

I didnt know that you played WoW during the WotLK era. :P

i didn't sir..i played tera online :(

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

I will buy as long as it had no sub fee.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 lawlessx

HyperWarlock

then your not buying

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HyperWarlock

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

lawlessx

then your not buying

Oh, is there a sub fee? Oh well, no big loss.

suprised they would go that route, seeing as nearly all sub MMO's are going f2p because they can't sustain it.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vfibsux

[QUOTE="lawlessx"]

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

HyperWarlock

then your not buying

Oh, is there a sub fee? Oh well, no big loss.

suprised they would go that route, seeing as nearly all sub MMO's are going f2p because they can't sustain it.

I think the whole f2p system has been bad for MMO's personally. The only one that has done it right so far is GW2, the others push cash shops on you way too much.
Avatar image for longtimelurker0
longtimelurker0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 longtimelurker0
Member since 2013 • 190 Posts

what the heck? when did this turn into first person. This looks awesome now. I think it will be good, the horrible voice acting that bethesda games are known for should fit right into the MMO format lol. But couldn't you just make skyrim online for up to 4 people and have the same experience? like do we really need a MMO?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 FelipeInside

what the heck? when did this turn into first person. This looks awesome now. I think it will be good, the horrible voice acting that bethesda games are known for should fit right into the MMO format lol. But couldn't you just make skyrim online for up to 4 people and have the same experience? like do we really need a MMO?

longtimelurker0
You can play either First Person or Third Person (like Skyrim). Shall be interesting to see.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 vfibsux

longtimelurker0

This MMO is not taking the place of any single player Bethsoft game, it is a completely different studio. So why not an MMO? And not everyone is into co-op stuff. I would like the next single player one to have co-op options though, that would be cool.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts
The UI and all the other stuffs are already in place for the PC for the past years. They've been developing it for PC/Mac only for 5 years so I have not much worries there. I strongly believe that its only recently that they made the decision to develop for the new consoles...perhaps late last year. My only concern is future patches, content and updates, where will their resources be spent mostly on? Which audience? They don't have limitless resources, manpower and funds for all three major platforms, their publishers will be at their throats to force them to cater to the one which makes the most money. And I sure hope we won't see any nonsense like timed exclusive content updates/expacs that Sony/Msoft like to pull on the big publishers. I've been following the game for a while and there are a lot of information regarding this game that many in the forums have no idea about (thus a lot of unnecessary hate/misinformation etc etc). You all should give this link a read through to have a better idea what ESO will be about : http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1443440-the-comprehensive-eso-mechanics-thread-100-sourced-information/ Personally I've been downgrading my expectations quite a bit after the multiplatform annoucement so right now I manage to reach a state of inner peace with ESO again :D
-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#21 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

So many things go into making an MMO good. There's so many factors that need to be good about it or it'll collapse.

I was surprised when he said there's LUA modification for the interface. That's going to be a nice plus for the PC and MAC. The problem I have is with the combat. I'm not sure what it's going to be like, but if it's like Skyrim's, I can't imagine it having a high skill ceiling in PvP.

I think MMOs have become one of the hardest genres for developers to build a game around these days. The amount of stuff that has to go into the game, then making sure all that works and then keeping it all constantly updated and working. Plus they've got a constant stream of customers to keep happy based on what's in the game and making future decisions on the direction they want to take the game based on that. If they've got a large team of talent working on it then it could succeed. As you might have guessed I've played WoW over its lifespan and recently I was genuinely surprised when I read how much stuff is going into the next patch right after a content patch which already featured the highest quality raid I've seen. MMOs seem like they're staggering to work on.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 vfibsux

Wow (no pun intended)....a real post from Unreal.......... a pig has spouted wings somewhere in the world.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside

Wow (no pun intended)....a real post from Unreal.......... a pig has spouted wings somewhere in the world.

vfibsux

WorldOfWarcraft.png

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Looks better than i expected.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
ugh "megaserver technology" = one channels .... lame lame lame and not new win any form

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="vfibsux"]

FelipeInside

WorldOfWarcraft.png

You know thats a mock at the entire genre right?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside
ugh "megaserver technology" = one channels .... lame lame lame and not new win any formMBirdy88
What im afraid of on megaservers is 400 people doing the same quest and queues. Have they explained how they plan to,handle this?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]ugh "megaserver technology" = one channels .... lame lame lame and not new win any formFelipeInside
What im afraid of on megaservers is 400 people doing the same quest and queues. Have they explained how they plan to,handle this?

Nooo I mean its split into many channels, so in other words its like Neverwinter where you only see a handful of people. if there was 400 channels, and the channel capacity for that zone was 50 you would get 8 channels. if your freind is in another you jump over to his. like Guild Wars when overflow. (but alot smaller scale)
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

Oh....so there's no actual gameplay to convince me that this game isn't complete sh!t. It's just a PR interview.

[spoiler] But...but... it's a BETA....it's an alpha!!! They'll fix it! :cry: [/spoiler]

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Maroxad

So many things go into making an MMO good. There's so many factors that need to be good about it or it'll collapse.

I was surprised when he said there's LUA modification for the interface. That's going to be a nice plus for the PC and MAC. The problem I have is with the combat. I'm not sure what it's going to be like, but if it's like Skyrim's, I can't imagine it having a high skill ceiling in PvP.

I think MMOs have become one of the hardest genres for developers to build a game around these days. The amount of stuff that has to go into the game, then making sure all that works and then keeping it all constantly updated and working. Plus they've got a constant stream of customers to keep happy based on what's in the game and making future decisions on the direction they want to take the game based on that. If they've got a large team of talent working on it then it could succeed. As you might have guessed I've played WoW over its lifespan and recently I was genuinely surprised when I read how much stuff is going into the next patch right after a content patch which already featured the highest quality raid I've seen. MMOs seem like they're staggering to work on.

-Unreal-

The combat seems to be a mix of GW2 and Skyrim from the looks of things, so dont expect a high skill cieling in either PvP or PvE.

Yeah, mmos are quite possibly the hardest genre to work on, not only program but also provide all the content and support for. I am sure there is a reason mmo genre has shattered so many devs.

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 HyperWarlock

Oh....so there's no actual gameplay to convince me that this game isn't complete sh!t. It's just a PR interview.

[spoiler] But...but... it's a BETA....it's an alpha!!! They'll fix it! :cry: [/spoiler]

Jebus213

I saw lots of gameplay..I don't know what you were watching.

Travis_Odell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Travis_Odell
Member since 2008 • 1775 Posts
I'm sorry but this looks like shit. If they could have made Skyrim mutiplayer coop or something that would have been mind blowing. This looks like the run of the mill with generic graphics.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

[QUOTE="Jebus213"]

HyperWarlock

I saw lots of gameplay..I don't know what you were watching.

I saw bits and pieces of a trailer. Not gameplay. Any actual gameplay that was in there lasted less then a minute...

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 vfibsux
I'm sorry but this looks like shit. If they could have made Skyrim mutiplayer coop or something that would have been mind blowing. This looks like the run of the mill with generic graphics.Travis_Odell
Doesn't look much different than Skyrim to me. I think some of you just see what you want to see personally.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Maroxad

[QUOTE="Travis_Odell"]I'm sorry but this looks like shit. If they could have made Skyrim mutiplayer coop or something that would have been mind blowing. This looks like the run of the mill with generic graphics.vfibsux
Doesn't look much different than Skyrim to me. I think some of you just see what you want to see personally.

Skyrim was moddable and had absolutely no restrictions on how to build your character.

This is unmoddable and has restrictions on how to build your character.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 vfibsux

[QUOTE="vfibsux"][QUOTE="Travis_Odell"]I'm sorry but this looks like shit. If they could have made Skyrim mutiplayer coop or something that would have been mind blowing. This looks like the run of the mill with generic graphics.Maroxad

Skyrim was moddable and had absolutely no restrictions on how to build your character.

His post was referring to the graphics and I replied to his post......not sure what you are replying to but it was not anything I said.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Maroxad

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="vfibsux"] Doesn't look much different than Skyrim to me. I think some of you just see what you want to see personally.vfibsux

His post was referring to the graphics and I replied to his post......not sure what you are replying to but it was not anything I said.

"This looks like the run of the mill with generic graphics." -He could have referred to either.

Either way, it doesnt look terribly much like skyrim either. While they did go for a similar aethestic, it seems like whenever I see ESO it feels like it is missing something that skyrim had when it comes to visuals and atmosphere.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FelipeInside
Maybe cause i didn't play Skyrim/Oblivion much but the first and third person combat looks similar. And enough of "skyrim was moddable", this is an MMO.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Maroxad

Maybe cause i didn't play Skyrim/Oblivion much but the first and third person combat looks similar. And enough of "skyrim was moddable", this is an MMO.FelipeInside

I am just saying that the visuals seem to be lacking some kind of ingredient, which Skyrim and Oblivoin had. Everytime I look at ESO the world just looks dead and lifeless compared to the ones in single player TES games which didnt look anywhere near as dead.

As for modding, custom dungeons, player housing are 2 ways they could have some form of player customization in the game. We know that ESO will have a customizable UI though.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Maybe cause i didn't play Skyrim/Oblivion much but the first and third person combat looks similar. And enough of "skyrim was moddable", this is an MMO.Maroxad

I am just saying that the visuals seem to be lacking some kind of ingredient, which Skyrim and Oblivoin had. Everytime I look at ESO the world just looks dead and lifeless compared to the ones in single player TES games which didnt look anywhere near as dead.

As for modding, custom dungeons, player housing are 2 ways they could have some form of player customization in the game. We know that ESO will have a customizable UI though.

Yes, "world dead and lifeless" is one of the issues MMOs run into. It's great when they pull it off correctly, like GW2 has (the world is always alive). As for modding, do any MMOs have it though? I know player housing is available in some, but that's not really modding the game per say.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Maroxad

[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]Maybe cause i didn't play Skyrim/Oblivion much but the first and third person combat looks similar. And enough of "skyrim was moddable", this is an MMO.FelipeInside

Yes, "world dead and lifeless" is one of the issues MMOs run into. It's great when they pull it off correctly, like GW2 has (the world is always alive). As for modding, do any MMOs have it though? I know player housing is available in some, but that's not really modding the game per say.

From what I have seen MMO modding includes,

Custom dungeons and missions (City of Heroes, Neverwinter)
Player Created Arenas
Custom Interface
Custom Music

A good portion of these isnt truly modding in a sense, but all these are player created content and addons.

vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 vfibsux

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Maroxad"]

Maroxad

From what I have seen MMO modding includes,

Custom dungeons and missions (City of Heroes, Neverwinter)
Player Created Arenas
Custom Interface
Custom Music

A good portion of these isnt truly modding in a sense, but all these are player created content and addons.

And they are all very limited compared to Skyrim/Oblivion modding. What I have seen looks plenty like the Elder scrolls world to me. Even the GS dude in this video said the game feels very much you are playing Skyrim and it was kinda weird to be in that world with other people. I think I will take the experience of someone who played it over someone who is talking about it.
Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Maroxad

It is late but, Kevin Van Ord was unimpressed by ESO

And they are all very limited compared to Skyrim/Oblivion modding. What I have seen looks plenty like the Elder scrolls world to me. Even the GS dude in this video said the game feels very much you are playing Skyrim and it was kinda weird to be in that world with other people. I think I will take the experience of someone who played it over someone who is talking about it. vfibsux

Well yes. it is limited compared to single player games like Skyrim. But it is still more than what ESO will have.

I cannot refute the other point though since I havent played it but that said, whenever I look at it it looks a bit I dunno cartoony, too clean...

Just compare these 2,

Elder-Scrolls-Online-Skyrim-bridge.jpg

Skyrim4.jpg

_SKatEDiRt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 _SKatEDiRt_
Member since 2007 • 3117 Posts

Definatly impressed. looks not just good graphics wise but fun. steam workshop! 

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#45 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
Reading about what is to come by the developers, I got really excited in playing Elder Scrolls Online.
vfibsux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 vfibsux

[QUOTE="vfibsux"] And they are all very limited compared to Skyrim/Oblivion modding. What I have seen looks plenty like the Elder scrolls world to me. Even the GS dude in this video said the game feels very much you are playing Skyrim and it was kinda weird to be in that world with other people. I think I will take the experience of someone who played it over someone who is talking about it. Maroxad

Well yes. it is limited compared to single player games like Skyrim. But it is still more than what ESO will have.

I cannot refute the other point though since I havent played it but that said, whenever I look at it it looks a bit I dunno cartoony, too clean...

Just compare these 2,

Skyrim4.jpg

You're right, it looks horrible......lol
ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#47 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
[QUOTE="Maroxad"]

[QUOTE="vfibsux"] And they are all very limited compared to Skyrim/Oblivion modding. What I have seen looks plenty like the Elder scrolls world to me. Even the GS dude in this video said the game feels very much you are playing Skyrim and it was kinda weird to be in that world with other people. I think I will take the experience of someone who played it over someone who is talking about it. vfibsux

Just compare these 2,

Skyrim4.jpg

You're right, it looks horrible......lol

That's how I feared it was going down right from the start although I would like a decent new Elder Scrolls game. Ah well heres for waiting for a new single player installment!!
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FelipeInside
^^ Is that all sarcasm? Those two screenshots look like the same game to me.
ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts

^^ Is that all sarcasm?

Those two screenshots look like the same game to me.FelipeInside

The screenshot does look good but in that article Kevin described that though he was in Daggerfall, a lot of what he had to do was cookie-cutter MMO errands which colors me unimpressed.

I hoped it would be more Elder Scrolls than MMO but in essence I don't believe the free-form style of TES carries over in an online game where we all get to kill the emperor, though I see they are creating a sandbox world where we get to run caravans and build ships. Cool enough but meh, that's not what I want to do in an Elder Scrolls. And if it is going to be a washed out Elder Scrolls with standard MMO faire like the new Neverwinter Online and sandbox elements, it's not for me. I do hope for the TES series that it will stand out and be worth playing but I don't have expectations for it to succeed in my eyes. That's how I feel about the new MMO.

Edit: also, no mods.. :P