Elder Scrolls MMORPG will have subscription fee

• 139 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] What success? most people getting bored of it because of its AWFUL lack of trinity with no complexity, no good end game, just random stupid temporary content. Oh sure, its a nice optional co-op rpg.... but seriously no..... its far from the best MMO in terms of sales or subs. inb4 link to fastest selling vanilla MMO... big whoop its retention rate has been crap.Ondoval

I think that EVE Online is the only MMORPG in the whole scene that deserves a montly fee. Is truly a different experience, almost a socio-economic simulator in which the gameplay is constantly evolving due emerges from both the developers and the huge community.

But what about the other MOOs with montly fees? Not even Blizzard is able to provide content on regular basics to keep the players bussy for more than 2-3 months at year, which is the most time it will take veteran players to complete most of the task in ecah new expansion. 1, 2, 3 months at most.

You also talk about GW2 having no clue about; trinity exists in GW2, but instead of dps/tank/healer it uses a dps/control/support, and is only required in WvW Guild vs Guild gorups, in which Warriors play the role of control+ support (hammer crowd control skills + warhorn buffs), Guardians are used as support and healers (group stability, group buffs, group healings with F2 and Tome of Valor); Elementalist provide either group healings (water Eles with water fields and finishers) or AoE damage; Necro, Rangerss and Engies provide AoE dps, Mersmers provide logistics and support (mass inviss, mass teleports, bubbles... and Thieves are mostly scouts and marauders to take camps and to cup suplies... So the trinity exists in GW2, is only that you don't need the trinity in dungeons due in dungeons everyone is more than enough to take care for himself -which makes easier to build groups, due you don't need xx% of tanks and %xx of healers-.

ANET also is patching the game every week and releasing new contents evry two weeks, all for free, whereas tons of MMOs based on monthly fees (WAR, SWTOR, AoC) had utter crapy support and barely new contents after months and months of post-release.

GW 2 is far from being perfect, but is a solid, robust game with tons of quality which provides contents fot hundreds of hours -I'm personally near to the 2k mark- and doesn't demand a monthly fee nor gives you any advantage no matter how much real money you invest in cosmetics -and you don't ever need to use real money for cosmetics, I have 5 80's well geared and I dind't spent a cent after buying the game-.

So laugh harder if you can, I'll probably buy TES Online jut to play for a month and then will not care a crap about it. The game looks like a shadow of a true TES game and the monthly fee model means dead on arrival. If Star Wars can't survive as a mf sure TES Online can't, also.

Kinda ironic when TES looks pretty much identical to guild wars in game design direction.... obviously minus a few superficial differences. I thought TES was going to be B2P like it. Lol at the "support trinity" ... please.... "oh but you dont need tanks or healers" .... yet only mentions PvP... which is exactly the problem with Guild Wars, it doens't know what it wants to be. Its PvE is crap compared to the competition. its PvP Lobby has been nearly empty for a long time. its content updates are so small and meatless. only RvRvR is REALLY well received.... hell knows why. I like tanks and healers... its better than "LOL GAURDIAN" which I was .... oh why bother, the games PvE was a godamn mess.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Guild Wars 2's endgame by its community "Level new characters, go back and do quests you missed, explore the world, grind a pointless legendary". Explored the entire world in 2 weeks... effortlessly with no challenge despite apparent "Level scaling = everything is endgame" Level new characters and old quests is NOT engame... its repeat-new-game. Fractals? oh my god ... any window licker that likes this over dungeons/raiding .... UGH
Brendissimo35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1

#103 Brendissimo35
Member since 2005 • 1934 Posts

If I were to get TES online, I would rather it have a subscription fee than not. F2P ultimately hurts the quality of the gaming experience in one way or another. That being said. If they have a rocky launch or there simply isn't enough interest, they will eventually go F2P.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

Birdy, did you know that GW2's revenue (or profit, though most likely the former) went down 20% from last quarter? Really shows how viable this B2P model is in the end. Even if their players stay, they will still sooner or later reach a point where players have the skins they want. It just isnt a very sustainable model. At least with P2P, the devs will reliably get 15 dollars a month from each player, and if the devs supply their fans with content and good support, it is very sustainable.

That said, I still dont have much hope in this game. Even if it uses a subscription model it still doesnt look to do anything great, why spend a monthly fee on this when there are better mmos out there.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#105 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts

First free month? Lol. The first month is the most expensive cause it cost the gamer $50-60. The first month is free nonsense is always holarious to me.

Pedro

Yeah it's a false sense of them doing you something at their expense. I will probably try the free trial but I sure as hell won't be paying another subscription model.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 BSC14
Member since 2002 • 4187 Posts

[QUOTE="The_Capitalist"]

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

I don't understand why people make a big deal out of $15 a month.

If you're a pc gamer chances are $15 just is not that much money, to most anyway.

Elann2008

That's like $180 a year though. I can do a lot with $180.

Most of the population can't calculate that far ahead. Saving money isn't cool. Spend it.

But wait...if you compare the amount of hours if entertainment you get for that $15 it's almost saving money. I used to buy 2 or 3 games a month but when I'm playing WoW I buy none at all.

So you see you get a lot of value out of that $15 really. Besides this $15 a month is like 2 trips to burger king....we all blow way more money than we think but then act like that $15 a month is such a waste of money.

Now sure if you end up not liking the game then you should not pay the sub but when looking at the big picture....that $15 a month is pretty dang negligible.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#107 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

It will, for a while. Then it'll fail like every single other MMO since WoW took the throne and they'll be forced to adopt a free to play model. The air must be really thin on top of that mountain of MMO corpses upon which the glorious World of Warcraft reigns as king.

BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 BSC14

It will, for a while. Then it'll fail like every single other MMO since WoW took the throne and they'll be forced to adopt a free to play model. The air must be really thin on top of that mountain of MMO corpses upon which the glorious World of Warcraft reigns as king.

-Unreal-

You're a WoW fan maybe?

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

BSC14

You're a WoW fan maybe?

Most sane people got bored of WoW after the first expansion. From a business standpoint, WoW is indeed the most profitable MMO and displays Blizzard's expertise in marketing, stability, and milking its fanbase. From a player standpoint...eh....I've worked more entertaining minimum wage jobs.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts
[QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Guild Wars 2's endgame by its community "Level new characters, go back and do quests you missed, explore the world, grind a pointless legendary". Explored the entire world in 2 weeks... effortlessly with no challenge despite apparent "Level scaling = everything is endgame" Level new characters and old quests is NOT engame... its repeat-new-game. Fractals? oh my god ... any window licker that likes this over dungeons/raiding .... UGH

I think you missed the whole point of GW2. You can't assume each MMO is going to be WoW.
Gammit10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 119

User Lists: 2

#111 Gammit10
Member since 2004 • 2397 Posts
I just went from "mostly don't care" to "next!"
BSC14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 BSC14

[QUOTE="BSC14"]

[QUOTE="-Unreal-"]

KHAndAnime

You're a WoW fan maybe?

Most sane people got bored of WoW after the first expansion. From a business standpoint, WoW is indeed the most profitable MMO and displays Blizzard's expertise in marketing, stability, and milking its fanbase. From a player standpoint...eh....I've worked more entertaining minimum wage jobs.

Don't get me wrong, I think WoW is an amazing game. :)

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="BSC14"]

You're a WoW fan maybe?

BSC14

Don't get me wrong, I think WoW is an amazing game. :)

To me is USED to be an amazing game 8 years ago. It's still good and fun but every time I play it I see how dated it has become, and newer MMOs offer so much more.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Guild Wars 2's endgame by its community "Level new characters, go back and do quests you missed, explore the world, grind a pointless legendary". Explored the entire world in 2 weeks... effortlessly with no challenge despite apparent "Level scaling = everything is endgame" Level new characters and old quests is NOT engame... its repeat-new-game. Fractals? oh my god ... any window licker that likes this over dungeons/raiding .... UGH

I think you missed the whole point of GW2. You can't assume each MMO is going to be WoW.

Maybe, but what is its point? It keeps getting mentioned in these discussions so I should be comparing it should I not? The game has nothing to do at 80.... because apperently challengless repetitive stuff prior to 80 is now fun, cool and endgame. defies all logic.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Guild Wars 2's endgame by its community "Level new characters, go back and do quests you missed, explore the world, grind a pointless legendary". Explored the entire world in 2 weeks... effortlessly with no challenge despite apparent "Level scaling = everything is endgame" Level new characters and old quests is NOT engame... its repeat-new-game. Fractals? oh my god ... any window licker that likes this over dungeons/raiding .... UGHMBirdy88

Maybe, but what is its point? It keeps getting mentioned in these discussions so I should be comparing it should I not? The game has nothing to do at 80.... because apperently challengless repetitive stuff prior to 80 is now fun, cool and endgame. defies all logic.

Like I said, you missed the point of GW2 and therefore it's not an MMO for you.

People seem to think ALL MMOs are just about end-game.  And no, not every MMO should be compared to WoW because current MMOs do things differently.  For example GW2 and The Secret World.

And ur wrong about nothing to do, I'm in a Guild who does heaps of things at max level.  Currently they are also going to start Guild Missions.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

People need to realise that MMO's are much cheaper at launch than regular games and they also contain 1 free month. I doubt you could name many games that you could get more value for money  and also if after a month you enjoyed it enough and still play it a lot then you have probably sunk more hours into that than pretty much any single player game that costs £40.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I think you missed the whole point of GW2. You can't assume each MMO is going to be WoW.FelipeInside

People seem to think ALL MMOs are just about end-game.  And no, not every MMO should be compared to WoW because current MMOs do things differently.  For example GW2 and The Secret World.

And ur wrong about nothing to do, I'm in a Guild who does heaps of things at max level.  Currently they are also going to start Guild Missions.

So what can I do in Guild Wars 2 that I cannot do in say WoW or FFXIV? I havn't missed the point. I did all the things to 80.... therefore it ended. with no end-game (that is worth doing. E.G NOT CRAP FRACTALS) how else is there to progress my character or challenge myself in the game?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"] Maybe, but what is its point? It keeps getting mentioned in these discussions so I should be comparing it should I not? The game has nothing to do at 80.... because apperently challengless repetitive stuff prior to 80 is now fun, cool and endgame. defies all logic.MBirdy88

So what can I do in Guild Wars 2 that I cannot do in say WoW or FFXIV? I havn't missed the point. I did all the things to 80.... therefore it ended. with no end-game (that is worth doing. E.G NOT CRAP FRACTALS) how else is there to progress my character or challenge myself in the game?

Who said GW2 had something that neither WoW or FFXIV had?

I can't comment on FF cause I never played it, but currently I play GW2 and WoW and they are different beasts.  For example GW2 has a main storyline which WoW sort of misses.  GW2 has map exploration, vistas, massive group events where you don't need to be in a raid to perform.

They are both awesome MMOs, but it's very hard to compare them cause they are very different.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
If your to cheap to afford 15 a month then just dont play...
Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

It won't be good enough to justify that price. It will end up going free to play about a year or so from now, and won't compete with the other mmos out there.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 FelipeInside

It won't be good enough to justify that price. It will end up going free to play about a year or so from now, and won't compete with the other mmos out there.

Deadpool-n
What is has going for it are 2 things: 1- The name: there are thousands if not millions of people that play the Elder Scroll Series 2- Crossplatform: isn't it coming out on consoles too?
WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#122 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

I'll pass but I'll see what Wildstar's model is before I make a full decision.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 FelipeInside

I'll pass but I'll see what Wildstar's model is before I make a full decision.

WiiMan21

Wildstar is also sub-based but with a system similar to EvE where you can buy game time with in-game currency.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-08-19-wildstar-picks-subscriptions-but-you-can-trade-gold-for-game-time

Ricardomz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 Ricardomz
Member since 2012 • 2715 Posts

lost all interest.

HyperWarlock

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#125 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="MBirdy88"]Guild Wars 2's endgame by its community "Level new characters, go back and do quests you missed, explore the world, grind a pointless legendary". Explored the entire world in 2 weeks... effortlessly with no challenge despite apparent "Level scaling = everything is endgame" Level new characters and old quests is NOT engame... its repeat-new-game. Fractals? oh my god ... any window licker that likes this over dungeons/raiding .... UGHMBirdy88

if you have no guild and no friends, maybe there's 'nothing to do'

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#126 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I'll have my MMO fix with FF14 ARR.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 FelipeInside

Ballroompirate
I really want to try it but I feel FF games are unstable. unstable as in the fact that a new one comes out all the time, so I dont know how long that MMO will last because its part 14.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

FelipeInside

I really want to try it but I feel FF games are unstable. unstable as in the fact that a new one comes out all the time, so I dont know how long that MMO will last because its part 14.

the MMOs have nothing to do with the singleplayer games

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

FelipeInside

Not only do the mmos have nothing to do with the SP FFs. But the single player games usually have little to do with eachother as well, outside of a recurring spells and themes such as chocobos, moogles and a guy called Cid. Each one has its own mechanics, setting and characters.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Ballroompirate"]

wis3boi

the MMOs have nothing to do with the singleplayer games

I know, what I meant was is they called it MMO Part 14, so to ME it feels like a part 15 will be coming soon. It's not just FF Online as in the broad sense.
Deadpool-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Deadpool-n
Member since 2012 • 489 Posts

[QUOTE="Deadpool-n"]

FelipeInside

What is has going for it are 2 things: 1- The name: there are thousands if not millions of people that play the Elder Scroll Series 2- Crossplatform: isn't it coming out on consoles too?

haha Yeah I was just being cynical. The fanbase might help, but I feel like most of them that are into it because they are normally single player games and don't have a subscription. It will be on the next gen consoles, but I still think the major Elder Scrolls fans are turned off based on what I have seen in many different forums.

Who knows though. I say this now, but I could be playing it with a subscription a year from now for all I know haha Just have to wait and see if it is good or not

Jd1680a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#132 Jd1680a
Member since 2005 • 5960 Posts
They will have a free to play option less then one year.
toughtrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 toughtrasher
Member since 2013 • 268 Posts
They will have a free to play option less then one year.Jd1680a
Just about to say this. Don't think there's any more space for subscription based, but some may beg to differ.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

[QUOTE="Deadpool-n"]

FelipeInside

No cross play http://news.softpedia.com/news/Elder-Scrolls-Online-Will-Have-One-Server-on-Xbox-One-No-Crossplay-364222.shtml

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
Idiots! HAHAHA lost my interest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
[QUOTE="Deadpool-n"]

FelipeInside

Well, its multiplatform, but not cross platform. only cross platform MMO is FFXIV
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="Deadpool-n"]

MBirdy88

Well, its multiplatform, but not cross platform. only cross platform MMO is FFXIV

Ah thanks for clearing that up, I knew one of these new MMOs was crossplatform.

Gibsonsg527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Gibsonsg527
Member since 2010 • 3313 Posts

Meh I will buy the game regardless and try it out for a few months and see if it is worth it. 

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
What a joke :( unfortunate really...