EA Wants The FPS Leadership Back From Activision

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#51 Hot_Potato
Member since 2004 • 3422 Posts

Has Battlefield 3 been confirmed? I've also heard someone say that Bad Company 2 on PS3 seems too much like a PC game, so hopefully it won't be dumbed down...

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts
[quote="Mograine"]CS is a modification of Half-Life's aimed for the multiplayer. Talking of it lacking single player shows you don't know what you are talking about.Makari
Just for kicks, can you kindly show me where on these pages it mentions single-player? I feel like I'm missing something. I see multi-player, but I'd like to purchase this for someone that wants to play offline, since you say it doesn't lack single-player. Maybe I should submit a trouble ticket to Valve about the error on their pages. http://store.steampowered.com/app/10/http://store.steampowered.com/app/240/

I didn't say anywhere it has single player.

Aren't we nice? In the end it comes down to pc shooters offering more, because it lets the users offer more? Typical, here I was thinking this was a debate about how much the devs themselves put into a game _Pedro_

Recycling their previous game and adding a pair of higher scale textures, a bunch of new maps and weapons and some cheesy single player action is now considered effort?

You know what it was fun debating with you Mograine and I can continue to spin your words for as long as it seems even remotely believable Still I haven't had this much fun in gamespot for a while now, but I'm afraid I've got to go so my reply may have to wait a bit longer than usual._Pedro_

Aww, too bad.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#53 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts

Has Battlefield 3 been confirmed? I've also heard someone say that Bad Company 2 on PS3 seems too much like a PC game, so hopefully it won't be dumbed down...

Hot_Potato
I played the beta on ps3, its nothing like a pc game, weapons are accurate popguns that do low damage.
badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts

[QUOTE="badtaker"][QUOTE="Mograine"]

:|

I'm pretty sure the FPS leadership is Valve's.

NoctisCaelum52

EA cannot compete Valve in Fps so they are targeting Activision.:P

" EA Games !! Challenge Everything !! "

What else they can do :P
F1_2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 F1_2004
Member since 2003 • 8009 Posts
They're gonna get there with innovation by releasing rehash #15 of Battlefield and rehash #25 of Medal of Honor. Brilliant.
Makari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Makari
Member since 2003 • 15250 Posts
I didn't say anywhere it has single player.Mograine
Then you probably shouldn't bring it up as an example against something else being a 'total package,' because sacrificing half of the single player + multiplayer combination instantly does cut into the 'total package' idea pretty quickly. Unless you meant raw numbers - and yeah, I'm pretty sure Halo 3 and the 360 games have had higher numbers of people playing at once, too. It still blows my mind that it even happens, honestly, and I've argued against that - but everything I've seen points in that direction.
adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#57 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

:|

Mograine
I agree Also Dice are imo up there with valve at least on multiplayer ( as much as i love valves MP games like left4dead BF2 and BF1942 imo were the best MP experiences )
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

LINK

" I'm not saying it's going to happen tomorrow, but in the way that Activision sort of alternates sequels of Modern Warfare and Call of Duty and owns the leadership position in FPS [First Person Shooter], between Medal of Honor and Battlefield, I want it back. " EA Boss John Riccitiello said in a morning interview in New York. " And we're going to get there with innovation and quality. "

NoctisCaelum52
In other words copy and paste of COD (it'll still bomb though imo). Since we're talking EA..I just don't see any innovation there.
Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#59 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

Mograine

Kh1ndjal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Kh1ndjal
Member since 2003 • 2788 Posts

I was speaking in terms of quantity and not quality

_Pedro_
what's wrong with wanting quality? and pc games may not offer a lot in terms of "quantity" but when you think about value for money (which is more important, imo), pc games are way better. and remember this is a discussion about shooters... it would be nice if id came up with something, but i guess they're too busy porting all of their previous games to iphone to have to worry about the pc
Esoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 Esoteric
Member since 2003 • 720 Posts

Whatever the game is, I really hope it's not based on a historical military setting, or even a modern one. Give us futuristic, or just...different.

NoctisCaelum52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 NoctisCaelum52
Member since 2009 • 1359 Posts

Whatever the game is, I really hope it's not based on a historical military setting, or even a modern one. Give us futuristic, or just...different.

Esoteric
There's a Star Wars Mod for COD 4 if you futuristic.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#63 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
[QUOTE="Esoteric"]

NoctisCaelum52
There's a Star Wars Mod for COD 4 if you futuristic.

Singleplayer capabilitie? I mean it ill be fun to be able to use the blasters against Iraqish soldiers.