E6600 versus AMD X2 5200? which is better?

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

zxvb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 zxvb
Member since 2007 • 633 Posts

My friend and I recently built new computer systems. He has an AMD X2 5200 proc in his, and i have the intel c2d e6600. He is convinced that his proc is better than mine...

macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 macpop
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts

My friend and I recently built new computer systems. He has an AMD X2 5200 proc in his, and i have the intel c2d e6600. He is convinced that his proc is better than mine...

zxvb
e6600, the 5200x2 is on par with it but the e6600 runs cooler and whenever u feeling to oc everything is there

Jiggly_Wiggly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Jiggly_Wiggly
Member since 2006 • 1912 Posts
E6600 wins no compettion
ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ElectricNZ
Member since 2007 • 2457 Posts
e6600 is better, since everyone overclocks c2ds......you'd be an idiot not to, and it would OC better than the 5200.
damzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 damzor
Member since 2005 • 2176 Posts
the E6600 is better than the 5200+ even at stock speeds, once you OC the C2D, the X2 will be left for dead. 
ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ElectricNZ
I guess that the "macpop is the biggest amd fanboy" thing is true then o_O
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 macpop
I guess that the "macpop is the biggest amd fanboy" thing is true then o_OElectricNZ
and i guess the ''electricnz the person who cant read'' is true then i clearly stated that teh e6600 is better but the 5200 is not right in the performance ratio, please old man, get some reading glasses
Avatar image for Generalkill8888
Generalkill8888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 Generalkill8888
Member since 2004 • 5305 Posts
E6600 wins no compettionJiggly_Wiggly
Yes, hands down E6600.
pokefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 pokefant
Member since 2006 • 137 Posts
[QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]I guess that the "macpop is the biggest amd fanboy" thing is true then o_Omacpop
and i guess the ''electricnz the person who cant read'' is true then i clearly stated that teh e6600 is better but the 5200 is not right in the performance ratio, please old man, get some reading glasses

Actually, you said...

"e6600, the 5200x2 is on par with it but the e6600 runs cooler and whenever u feeling to oc everything is there"

Then, you clearly stated that the e6600 was better in your previous post. This, however, is a complete and utter lie. The only credit you give the e6600 is that it "runs cooler" and lets it overclock higher. You don't say it performs better, you just say it runs cooler. This might be important, if, say, two processors were neck and neck performance wise. However, it is clear to anyone that the e6600 performs MUCH better than the X2 5200.

I understand brand loyalty, but this is just stupidity. Macpop, have you seen your local optometrist lately? I believe you require reading glasses.
AARONRULZ1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AARONRULZ1
Member since 2006 • 6273 Posts
E6600 obviously.
inyourface_12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 inyourface_12
Member since 2006 • 14757 Posts
tehy are on par at stock but the e6600 oc's much better
pokefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pokefant
[QUOTE="pokefant"][QUOTE="macpop"][QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]I guess that the "macpop is the biggest amd fanboy" thing is true then o_Omacpop

Actually, you said...

"e6600, the 5200x2 is on par with it but the e6600 runs cooler and whenever u feeling to oc everything is there"

Then, you clearly stated that the e6600 was better in your previous post. This, however, is a complete and utter lie. The only credit you give the e6600 is that it "runs cooler" and lets it overclock higher. You don't say it performs better, you just say it runs cooler. This might be important, if, say, two processors were neck and neck performance wise. However, it is clear to anyone that the e6600 performs MUCH better than the X2 5200.

I understand brand loyalty, but this is just stupidity. Macpop, have you seen your local optometrist lately? I believe you require reading glasses.

:lol: newbs are funny

I'm glad that you're able to look past my post count and actually read my post.
PineRidge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PineRidge
Member since 2004 • 740 Posts
If the E6600 beats the AMD FX62 in most benchmarks, obviously it will beat the X2 5200+
Avatar image for tacoeatingmonky
tacoeatingmonky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 tacoeatingmonky
Member since 2006 • 49 Posts
the Intel proc. is by far the better of the two.
dtrem1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dtrem1
Member since 2003 • 632 Posts
Peoples brand loyalty is pathetic on here, the 6600 blows it away at stock, lol. I just upgraded from a X2 4800.
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 macpop
if ur mean that to me, i know im a amd fanboy and i know c2d is best right now and its the best choice but later on this year barcelona is comin and its sayd to be 40% faster than clovertown and clovertown is the server version of kenstfield, so if it beats it by 40%, c2d doesnt stand a chance, and the fact thats its capable to work in todays am2 socket is even more smart to go amd
dtrem1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dtrem1
Dude, it is a processor deep inside your case/computer. Were not comparing Ferraris to Mustangs, LOL. There I could see arguing like this... The question was if a 5200 is faster than a 6600, which it is not. Between you arguing for AMD and LordEC arguing for ATI, its getting ridiculous around here.
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 macpop
Dude, it is a processor deep inside your case/computer. Were not comparing Ferraris to Mustangs, LOL. There I could see arguing like this... The question was if a 5200 is faster than a 6600, which it is not. Between you arguing for AMD and LordEC arguing for ATI, its getting ridiculous around here.dtrem1
amd and ati is the same thing, AMD , self pwnage?
dtrem1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dtrem1
Videocards are under the ATI branding, duuuh.
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 macpop
Videocards are under the ATI branding, duuuh.dtrem1
lol another self ownage, did u not hear amd buyin ati? its amd now :lol:
ElectricNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ElectricNZ
macpop why are you so hostile... I didn't intend any offense I just read somewhere on a penryn thread that someone called you the biggest amd fanboy, far out take a chill pill.
pokefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 pokefant
[QUOTE="dtrem1"]Videocards are under the ATI branding, duuuh.macpop
lol another self ownage, did u not hear amd buyin ati? its amd now :lol:

Are you truely that insecure that you must correct any little error that someone makes? And then you claim it's "ownage"?

Hardly anyone refers to video cards being from AMD. From what I've seen, people still call them ATI cards. It be a while before everyone refers to them as AMD video cards.
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 macpop
macpop why are you so hostile... I didn't intend any offense I just read somewhere on a penryn thread that someone called you the biggest amd fanboy, far out take a chill pill.ElectricNZ
:lol: well if u even read the thread i belive i said c2d is the best for now, if u didnt read that then idk if u went to school :lol:
dtrem1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dtrem1
They are still called ATI Graphics, he just acting like his age...
pokefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 pokefant
[QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]macpop why are you so hostile... I didn't intend any offense I just read somewhere on a penryn thread that someone called you the biggest amd fanboy, far out take a chill pill.macpop
:lol: well if u even read the thread i belive i said c2d is the best for now, if u didnt read that then idk if u went to school :lol:

Actually, in your first post, you said that C2D processors (namely, the e6600) were on par with those from AMD (a la the X2 5200). The cooling and overclocking ability on the C2D's was the only advantage you mentioned.

Now, if cool processors make them superior, then these new energy efficient processors from AMD must be superior to most everything on the market.
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 macpop
even if their still going by ati, its amd, the buyout deal is new which is y their still being called ati, but expect r600 to be called amd x2800xt :wink:
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 macpop
[QUOTE="macpop"][QUOTE="ElectricNZ"]macpop why are you so hostile... I didn't intend any offense I just read somewhere on a penryn thread that someone called you the biggest amd fanboy, far out take a chill pill.pokefant

Actually, in your first post, you said that C2D processors (namely, the e6600) were on par with those from AMD (a la the X2 5200). The cooling and overclocking ability on the C2D's was the only advantage you mentioned.

Now, if cool processors make them superior, then these new energy efficient processors from AMD must be superior to most everything on the market.

wow, now i know u cant read, since i was talking to to electricnz, and u come out of nowhere :roll: ill say once and ill say it again, c2d is the best for now but expect amd to come on top with barcelona and barcelona fx and 4x4
pokefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 pokefant
but expect r600 to be called amd x2800xt :wink:macpop

And expect most people to call it an ATI x2800xt.
LordEC911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LordEC911
Member since 2004 • 9972 Posts
Dude, it is a processor deep inside your case/computer. Were not comparing Ferraris to Mustangs, LOL. There I could see arguing like this... The question was if a 5200 is faster than a 6600, which it is not. Between you arguing for AMD and LordEC arguing for ATI, its getting ridiculous around here.dtrem1

Why the **** are you bringing me into this.
I go by facts, not by brand.
STFU and leave me outta this...
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 macpop
[QUOTE="dtrem1"]Dude, it is a processor deep inside your case/computer. Were not comparing Ferraris to Mustangs, LOL. There I could see arguing like this... The question was if a 5200 is faster than a 6600, which it is not. Between you arguing for AMD and LordEC arguing for ATI, its getting ridiculous around here.LordEC911

Why the **** are you bringing me into this.
I go by facts, not by brand.
STFU and leave me outta this...

lol goood old EC, ill edit the post btw we got alot of report abuse noobs here :wink:
BeavermanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BeavermanA
Member since 2003 • 2652 Posts
   Brand loyalty is ridiculous. What have they ever really done for you personally? You get whatever is the best performer for the right price, and right now Intel's cpus are cheaper and faster for what you get, shouldn't be any question as to what to buy. AMD would have to send over the AMD girls for a couple nights for them to get me to switch atm, well ok just an hour honestly :D.
E6600 oc > AMD anything on the market.
dtrem1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 dtrem1
It is hilarious when people on here argue about hardware that is not even out yet and claiming its superiority. When it does come out neither of you will even own it anyways, so no, you STFU.
LordEC911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LordEC911
Member since 2004 • 9972 Posts
It is hilarious when people on here argue about hardware that is not even out yet and claiming its superiority. When it does come out neither of you will even own it anyways, so no, you STFU. dtrem1

Let's see in a month.
All I am doing is looking at the paper specs and then speculating.
On paper, this you cannot disagree with, the R600 is faster then the G80.
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 macpop
It is hilarious when people on here argue about hardware that is not even out yet and claiming its superiority. When it does come out neither of you will even own it anyways, so no, you STFU. dtrem1
can u even read, cause i think u meant that st*u for me when i didnt even say it to u :lol:
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 macpop
[QUOTE="dtrem1"]It is hilarious when people on here argue about hardware that is not even out yet and claiming its superiority. When it does come out neither of you will even own it anyways, so no, you STFU. LordEC911

Let's see in a month.
All I am doing is looking at the paper specs and then speculating.
On paper, this you cannot disagree with, the R600 is faster then the G80.

dont even share u knowledge with him EC lol hes not even worth the TOS :lol:
pokefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 pokefant
btw we got alot of report abuse noobs here :wink: macpop

lol i know the moment u loosse ur cool mods wont even hesitat to ban u

Uh-huh.
---------------
Anyway, I agree with the guy that said brand loyalty was stupid. It's not like either of these companies is not trustworthy. They both do the same thing. They both want your money. They both do this producing products that are superior to the other company's. When one falls behind, the other introduces a superior product, and so on and so forth. Being loyal to one brand will eventually net you an inferior product, especially when that brand's superiority is over.

Those with sense choose the best option, regardless of brand.

macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 macpop
[QUOTE="macpop"]btw we got alot of report abuse noobs here :wink: pokefant

Uh-huh.
---------------
Anyway, I agree with the guy that said brand loyalty was stupid. It's not like either of these companies is not trustworthy. They both do the same thing. They both want your money. They both do this producing products that are superior to the other company's. When one falls behind, the other introduces a superior product, and so on and so forth. Being loyal to one brand will eventually net you an inferior product, especially when that brand's superiority is over.

man u cant even read cant u, if i was a ''brand loyalty'' i would say ''c2d sucks, amd x2 all the way'' thats fanboyism, did i say that? no i belive i said both are good @ stock and price range but the e6600 is best for overclocking, and if u can see that or read then i know y ur name is pokemont, since ur prob still in the 6th grade :lol:
pokefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 pokefant
[QUOTE="pokefant"][QUOTE="macpop"]btw we got alot of report abuse noobs here :wink: macpop

Uh-huh.
---------------

man u cant even read cant u, if i was a ''brand loyalty'' i would say ''c2d sucks, amd x2 all the way'' thats fanboyism, did i say that? no i belive i said both are good @ stock and price range but the e6600 is best for overclocking, and if u can see that or read then i know y ur name is pokemont, since ur prob still in the 6th grade :lol:

I can barely comprehend your post, but what I can get from it...

No, I am not in 6th grade. I cannot vouch this isn't true for you, however.

My username is some random thing I pulled out of my head.

And, I never directed my post at you. I was merely talking about brand loyalty in general. See, this is why you get offended so easily-- you take everything anyone says personally.
BeavermanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 BeavermanA
[QUOTE="macpop"] lol goood old EC, ill edit the post btw we got alot of report abuse noobs here :wink:

Couple weeks ago:
[QUOTE="macpop"] no its not, its cracking other things, and its against the TOS here and its advertising, reported :oops:

Pwnt! :D.
pokefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 pokefant
[QUOTE="BeavermanA"][QUOTE="macpop"] lol goood old EC, ill edit the post btw we got alot of report abuse noobs here :wink:

Couple weeks ago:
[QUOTE="macpop"] no its not, its cracking other things, and its against the TOS here and its advertising, reported :oops:

In the immortal words of macpop...
ownagemacpop

macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 macpop
[QUOTE="BeavermanA"][QUOTE="macpop"] lol goood old EC, ill edit the post btw we got alot of report abuse noobs here :wink:

Couple weeks ago:

wow, nice one, seeing as how if u even knew wat i was talkin about, reporting abuse for offensive words and sharing cracks,downloads,torrents is against the TOS wow ur a wiz @ comparing arent u
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 macpop
[QUOTE="pokefant"][QUOTE="BeavermanA"][QUOTE="macpop"] lol goood old EC, ill edit the post btw we got alot of report abuse noobs here :wink:

Couple weeks ago:

In the immortal words of macpop...
ownagemacpop

:lol: go play with ur pikachu doll :lol:
pokefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 pokefant
[QUOTE="macpop"]
man u cant even read cant u, if i was a ''brand loyalty'' i would say ''c2d sucks, amd x2 all the way'' thats fanboyism, did i say that? 

Well, you said it yourself.

"if ur mean that to me, i know im a amd fanboy"

macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 macpop
so ur sayin i shouldnt report or no one should report when someone posts porn or cracks, or serials on the forums? or call u a monkey lover? wow u should be a mod
AARONRULZ1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AARONRULZ1
Member since 2006 • 6273 Posts
Here we go again :roll:
macpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 macpop
[QUOTE="pokefant"][QUOTE="macpop"]
man u cant even read cant u, if i was a ''brand loyalty'' i would say ''c2d sucks, amd x2 all the way'' thats fanboyism, did i say that?

Well, you said it yourself.

"if ur mean that to me, i know im a amd fanboy"

yes i amd and i know it, and did i ever say x2 was better? no, so please, go play ur pokemon Purple on ur Pink Gameboy and leave the pc hardware for people who want to help not start flamewars,
BeavermanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BeavermanA
Why would I care wtf ppl are talking about or calling me? Sticks and stones. I use all the stuff you're talking about on a daily basis so no, I would not be offended whatsoever.
pokefant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 pokefant
so ur sayin i shouldnt report or no one should report when someone posts porn or cracks, or serials on the forums? or call u a monkey lover? wow u should be a mod macpop

You tried to report a person for advertising, when he was providing BIOS updates. These updates allowed people with OEM PC's to overclock through BIOS.

A mod came in, said this wasn't illegal. You argued that it was, and posted as such. You can report things when they're legimately against the ToS, however, you tend to report everything. I wouldn't be suprised if this very post was reported for flaming.