Do you think SC 2 will get a 10

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

yemen_headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 yemen_headshot
Member since 2010 • 514 Posts

it should get a 10

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
It probably should, but it won't. Gamespot will think of something to nitpick, despite overlooking the obvious major flaws with GTA4, MGS4, and SMG2.
Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#3 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts
No, it won't. From Gamespot I'm guessing it'll get between 8-9, if they bother to review it at all.
IU_Stizzal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 IU_Stizzal
Member since 2010 • 382 Posts

I bet it gets a 9.5 or higher on average. I've never played SC, but the popularity of the game will insure that they developed a great game.

denter21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 denter21
Member since 2003 • 1283 Posts
Nah, GS will give it 7.5 for not being a console port. Then Activision will send them money and it will get changed to an 11.
wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts
I think a 9 will be given. If it was a console game as well it would get a 10.
Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts
I doubt it will, there isn't much innovation. I'm sure it'll score high, but not a 10.
Ryan_Patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Ryan_Patton
Member since 2003 • 229 Posts

I assume Gamespot will give Starcraft 2 rating of a 9.0-9.5 range because its Blizzard product. They might get some negative points for making 2 others seperate from Starcraft 2 main product. I am looking forward to Starcraft 2 to have fun.

I always thought Bioware and Blizzard are so much a like as twins of their gaming product except Blizzard really doesn't make alot of games lately except for their 2 upcoming games of Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 as the only 2 product Blizzard has in line except for 3rd expansion for WOW mmo. I know Bioware are doing fantastic so far and I know Blizzard can if they can make a new Warcraft RPG game since its been a long time.

Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Vfanek

I assume Gamespot will give Starcraft 2 rating of a 9.0-9.5 range because its Blizzard product. They might get some negative points for making 2 others seperate from Starcraft 2 main product. I am looking forward to Starcraft 2 to have fun.

I always thought Bioware and Blizzard are so much a like as twins of their gaming product except Blizzard really doesn't make alot of games lately except for their 2 upcoming games of Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 as the only 2 product Blizzard has in line. I know Bioware are doing fantastic so far and I know Blizzard can if they can make a new Warcraft RPG game since its been a long time.

Ryan_Patton
Did you mean Warcraft RTS?
Ryan_Patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ryan_Patton
Member since 2003 • 229 Posts

sorry, i meant Warcraft RTS but its does have RPG elements with it.

NLahren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 NLahren
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts
i guess the score will be 7-8,5 not higher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

I always thought Bioware and Blizzard are so much a like as twins of their gaming product except Blizzard really doesn't make alot of games lately except for their 2 upcoming games of Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3 as the only 2 product Blizzard has in line except for 3rd expansion for WOW mmo. I know Bioware are doing fantastic so far and I know Blizzard can if they can make a new Warcraft RPG game since its been a long time.

Ryan_Patton
They also have their secret new IP MMO in production. Don't forget about that!
Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vfanek
i guess the score will be 7-8,5 not higher NLahren
7? Haha, wow. I'd say something else but I've got too many moderations now. When was the last time Blizzard released a game that got 7?
Levrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Levrar
Member since 2004 • 1286 Posts
The editor alone should get a 10, but I predict the game will get a 9-9.5 here and 9.8+ everywhere else.
Deadly_Fatalis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Deadly_Fatalis
Member since 2006 • 1756 Posts
I think the core gameplay could be enough to warrant a 10, however the new battle.net is what's going to kill it.
bignice12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bignice12
Member since 2003 • 2124 Posts

9.5 most likely. I would love to see it get a 10 tho.

Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vfanek
I think the core gameplay could be enough to warrant a 10, however the new battle.net is what's going to kill it. Deadly_Fatalis
I think it might actually get points for the Facebook integration, theoretically a lot of people will like it. The lack of chat rooms etc. might hurt the score a bit though, but in the end, gameplay is more important. With that I just realized another thing, it won't score a 10 in graphics because it just doesn't look that good technically. No AA to give an obvious example. On the other hand it'll run on a Windows 95.
NLahren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#18 NLahren
Member since 2009 • 1927 Posts
[QUOTE="NLahren"]i guess the score will be 7-8,5 not higher Vfanek
7? Haha, wow. I'd say something else but I've got too many moderations now. When was the last time Blizzard released a game that got 7?

no inovation and old gfx so i do not expect a high score
kazakauskas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kazakauskas
Member since 2008 • 1332 Posts

10 ? god no !

Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vfanek
[QUOTE="Vfanek"][QUOTE="NLahren"]i guess the score will be 7-8,5 not higher NLahren

You're overestimating how much those two are valued, keep in mind that it runs on pretty much all computers. Look at WoW, same thing there. It won't get a 10 in graphics, ditto for innovation (wherever that fits in), but no way in hell will SC2 get a 7-8. 8.5 is the lowest, I believe.
warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

WQhen was the last time blizzard released a non expansion?

6 years ago.

Alot happens in 6 years, dont know why people follow names blindly so much.

Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Vfanek

[QUOTE="Vfanek"][QUOTE="NLahren"]i guess the score will be 7-8,5 not higher warmaster670

WQhen was the last time blizzard released a non expansion?

6 years ago.

Alot happens in 6 years, dont know why people follow names blindly so much.

I guess they just pick the expansions from the expansion tree in their garden? Not like they make them, or anything. Blizzard are known to make quality products for a reason, I hate the direction they went for with WoW but I can't argue that it worked. For everyone who doesn't enjoy WotlK there's a bunch that do.
soldine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 soldine
Member since 2007 • 1980 Posts

It probably should, but it won't. Gamespot will think of something to nitpick, despite overlooking the obvious major flaws with GTA4, MGS4, and SMG2.KHAndAnime

What was the obvious major flaw of MGS4?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]It probably should, but it won't. Gamespot will think of something to nitpick, despite overlooking the obvious major flaws with GTA4, MGS4, and SMG2.soldine

The same flaw that Resident Evil 5 had. It switched up from the series established gameplay to an entirely different type. Resi went from Survival-Horror to Action, MGS4 went from being a Stealth series to an Action game. The change itself isn't a bad thing, but like Resi5 the developers seemed to have forgotten to update the gameplay to compensate for it. As a result, two below average clunky action games. One with minor stealth elements, the other with uh...uh...notzombies.
soldine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 soldine

[QUOTE="soldine"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]It probably should, but it won't. Gamespot will think of something to nitpick, despite overlooking the obvious major flaws with GTA4, MGS4, and SMG2.kieranb2000

The same flaw that Resident Evil 5 had. It switched up from the series established gameplay to an entirely different type. Resi went from Survival-Horror to Action, MGS4 went from being a Stealth series to an Action game. The change itself isn't a bad thing, but like Resi5 the developers seemed to have forgotten to update the gameplay to compensate for it. As a result, two below average clunky action games. One with minor stealth elements, the other with uh...uh...notzombies.

Thats not a flaw. They changed the gameplay to make it easier to control, and to welcome more mainstream players. You cant say that a change in gameplay, that the developers deliberately put into it is a flaw. Besides, its still very much a stealth game, but now you have the choice to play differently.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="soldine"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]It probably should, but it won't. Gamespot will think of something to nitpick, despite overlooking the obvious major flaws with GTA4, MGS4, and SMG2.kieranb2000

Actually, the flaw I was talking about was the fan service. The game was nothing but fan service with cliche ideas, convoluted and unnecessary plot points, and if you take out the cutscenes it's quite short.
soldine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 soldine

[QUOTE="kieranb2000"][QUOTE="soldine"]

KHAndAnime

Actually, the flaw I was talking about was the fan service. The game was nothing but fan service with cliche ideas, convoluted and unnecessary plot points, and if you take out the cutscenes it's quite short.

Ok wait.

1. List said unnecessary plot points. The story was ended perfectly in my opinion.

2. The cutscenes are all fantastic and are part of the game itself (interactions/flashbacks/using the mk.2 etc)

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

I expect a 10, they dont want to look like fools.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="kieranb2000"] The same flaw that Resident Evil 5 had. It switched up from the series established gameplay to an entirely different type. Resi went from Survival-Horror to Action, MGS4 went from being a Stealth series to an Action game. The change itself isn't a bad thing, but like Resi5 the developers seemed to have forgotten to update the gameplay to compensate for it. As a result, two below average clunky action games. One with minor stealth elements, the other with uh...uh...notzombies.soldine

Ok wait.

1. List said unnecessary plot points. The story was ended perfectly in my opinion.

2. The cutscenes are all fantastic and are part of the game itself (interactions/flashbacks/using the mk.2 etc)

- Raiden being a cyborg for no reason. - The female bosses and their backstories - The constant "Oh noes! Snake is going to die!" and then he doesn't die. Happens at least 3 different times. Cliche as hell. - Bringing Vamp back (No reason to bring him back really) etc. The cutscenes are fantastic in a low quality anime sort of fashion.
yemen_headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 yemen_headshot

[QUOTE="kieranb2000"][QUOTE="soldine"]

KHAndAnime

MGS 4 was GREAT and deserved the 10 the story was perfect and almost explained everything and why would you skip the quiescences, its like playing an RPG game and Skip all the dialogs ?????????

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TerrorRizzing
No, it won't. From Gamespot I'm guessing it'll get between 8-9, if they bother to review it at all.kieranb2000
lmao, trolling? Ya gamespot isnt going to review arguably the biggest release of the year...
ampiva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 ampiva
Member since 2010 • 1251 Posts
Battle.net is too much of a mess to get a 10.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="kieranb2000"] The same flaw that Resident Evil 5 had. It switched up from the series established gameplay to an entirely different type. Resi went from Survival-Horror to Action, MGS4 went from being a Stealth series to an Action game. The change itself isn't a bad thing, but like Resi5 the developers seemed to have forgotten to update the gameplay to compensate for it. As a result, two below average clunky action games. One with minor stealth elements, the other with uh...uh...notzombies.yemen_headshot

MGS 4 was GREAT and deserved the 10 the story was perfect and almost explained everything and why would you skip the quiescences, its like playing an RPG game and Skip all the dialogs ?????????

You don't skip the cutscenes obviously. But some of them are unnecessarily long. The story plays out like a bad fan fiction. It's just...bad. The whole Akiba/Meryl thing. Ugh, it's so cheesy, it makes me cringe. :P
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TerrorRizzing

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="kieranb2000"] The same flaw that Resident Evil 5 had. It switched up from the series established gameplay to an entirely different type. Resi went from Survival-Horror to Action, MGS4 went from being a Stealth series to an Action game. The change itself isn't a bad thing, but like Resi5 the developers seemed to have forgotten to update the gameplay to compensate for it. As a result, two below average clunky action games. One with minor stealth elements, the other with uh...uh...notzombies.yemen_headshot

ya I gotta agree, I hate almost all these console games, and hate what mgs has influenced... but mgs4 was awesome
yemen_headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 yemen_headshot
[QUOTE="kieranb2000"]No, it won't. From Gamespot I'm guessing it'll get between 8-9, if they bother to review it at all.TerrorRizzing
lmao, trolling? Ya gamespot isnt going to review arguably the biggest release of the year...

he was being sarcastic cuz GS doesn't Review so many PC Games
yemen_headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 yemen_headshot
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="yemen_headshot"]

Actually, the flaw I was talking about was the fan service. The game was nothing but fan service with cliche ideas, convoluted and unnecessary plot points, and if you take out the cutscenes it's quite short.KHAndAnime

You don't skip the cutscenes obviously. But some of them are unnecessarily long. The story plays out like a bad fan fiction. It's just...bad. The whole Akiba/Meryl thing. Ugh, it's so cheesy, it makes me cringe. :P

maybe you're right but I am big fan of MGS ( its one of the few Console games I played ) but the Whole Franchise is perfect IMO ( even Peace Walker is Perfect :D )
jedikevin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#38 jedikevin2
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

It will all depend on the single player length, story line, and game depth. The closet game that would match what SC2 is doing is Tiberium Wars which received a 9.0/10 here. IF we use that parallel, i'm thinking SC2 could easily come in at a 10. 9.0 is gonna be its minimum. With the way the few games with 10 have been here, it has a high chance of it. We will see.

On the GS reviews, they have slacked off in last few years. I did confront a editor on this and they seem to have taken notice. They really have been reviewing many games on PC in the last few months. Its actually been exciting to see it happen and I hope GS continues this for now on.

yemen_headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 yemen_headshot
It will all depend on the single player length, story line, and game depth. The closet game that would match what SC2 is doing is Tiberium Wars which received a 9.0/10 here. IF we use that parallel, i'm thinking SC2 could easily come in at a 10. 9.0 is gonna be its minimum. With the way the few games with 10 have been here, it has a high chance of it. We will see.jedikevin2
SC 2 is >>>>>>>>> Tiberium Wars and you're right, if GS gave C&C 3 9, They should give SC 2 10 :D
Tuzolord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#40 Tuzolord
Member since 2007 • 1409 Posts

I think its gonna get a 10

Mograine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Mograine
Member since 2006 • 3666 Posts

This is GS we're talking about.

They gave 8 and something to D2, 8.2 to Deus Ex, 8.5 to System Shock 2, I don't want to go on because my eyes are already begging for mercy.

Going along by the standard GS gave 10s, SC2 should deserve a number in the order of billions. The problem is that reviewers here are mostly consolites and don't have a clue on how to review a PC game.

You can bet they will completely ignore and/or misunderstand the custom maps that are already raining down on us, the game's longevity, the single player's replayability and the flawless gameplay mechanics design.

So no, it won't get a 10.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 TerrorRizzing

[QUOTE="Vfanek"][QUOTE="NLahren"]i guess the score will be 7-8,5 not higher Mograine

This is GS we're talking about.

They gave 8 and something to D2, 8.2 to Deus Ex, 8.5 to System Shock 2, I don't want to go on because my eyes are already begging for mercy.

Going along by the standard GS gave 10s, SC2 should deserve a number in the order of billions. The problem is that reviewers here are mostly consolites and don't have a clue on how to review a PC game.

You can bet they will completely ignore and/or misunderstand the custom maps that are already raining down on us, the game's longevity, the single player's replayability and the flawless gameplay mechanics design.

So no, it won't get a 10.

kevin vanord will review it, and I already know he will love it. We are safe from gertsman now.
webby1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#43 webby1
Member since 2004 • 4014 Posts

It will be reviewed by Kevin Vanord who will probably give it a 9

warmaster670

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 warmaster670
Member since 2004 • 4699 Posts

Mograine

Flawless gameplay mechanics? ya good luck with that.

In case you didnt get that NOTHING is flawless.

It is hilarious though that GS doesnt even ened to put a review up of the game and fanboys are already raging about teh score.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TerrorRizzing

It will be reviewed by Kevin Vanord who will probably give it a 9

webby1
I think he will go 10, he will absolutely love it guaranteed.
GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

[QUOTE="Vfanek"][QUOTE="NLahren"]i guess the score will be 7-8,5 not higher NLahren

Son, you just went full retard.

yemen_headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 yemen_headshot
[QUOTE="AncientDozer"][QUOTE="yemen_headshot"]

it should get a 10

I. . don't know. It depends on what the reviewer thinks. If it turns out the reviewer doesn't really care for RTS games? Maybe not. Or if he likes RTS of a different sort, probably not. If he sucked hard on Starcraft's teet to the point he turned into a zergling, probably yes. As for me? Nah, I don't think so. 9.0 or 9.5. I was terribly disappointed with elements of the battle.net 2.0 and the multiplayer itself. I felt like I was playing starcraft 1 but with a better paint job and a few new bells and whistles. Don't get me wrong; the animation for troops deploying from dropships was amazing but that alone does not make up for balancing issues and the same tedium. Certainly Idra and White Rha, for those who keep up with tournaments, are all very flashy and tactical with big strategies, but the average person is not and it comes down to rushing or a variety of cheap tactics. Until, of course, something is nerfed and something else is buffed and then a new cheap strategy is built. Standard games will be more of the same. It will lie squarely on the customization of multiplayer maps to truly carry it as it had in the first game. However, I'm hesitant to give credit to Blizzard as it is the gamers themselves doing all the work. However, Blizzard did provide the tools and these tools were simplistic and easy to use that enabled average people to make interesting to amazing maps. The question is whether or not they truly improved on it. Battle.net 2.0. . to me. . is a disaster. They took away everything that made it great and replaced it with facebook? Achievements? They were going to do that whole real ID thing, too, and weren't going to put chatrooms in either until players raised a stink. We are truly lucky that some of the bullets were mostly dodged. It's rare to see gamers truly and passionately rally against a company whose teets they're normally sucking on. Normally gamers may grumble but usually end up complacent and normally companies don't budge. That's not to say Blizzard budged more than an inch. They're still looking at real ID with interest and they only kind of took off some region locks. AND they're implementing chat rooms only sometime after launch. The single player, though, is where it truly flies. Or should. If they somehow botch this then it's the end of Starcraft but I doubt they will. From what I've seen, it appears solid. The missions sound varied and the inclusion of newer elements that are not in the multiplayer (likely due to balance) intrigue me. They really stepped up their game on CG and I look forward to (and hope for) many CG per campaign.

I think if the game got a 10 the sales will increase !