Divinity Original Sin releases!

• 159 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

So I think I'm gonna cave in and buy this game. I'll probably never finish it but at least I would have helped the developer with my purchase, since I hear nothing but good feedback from my RPG fans.

What classes should I start with roughly? I don't want a big challenge cause my gametime is limited (thinking of even playing it on easy).

2h swordsman+mage (with at least one point in geomancy for the summon spider spell, make sure to start out with the spider summoning spell as well).

Make sure to have at least one healing spell, the 2h swordsman can learn a really powerful healing spell with a long cooldown and short range and the mage can learn water magic to cast a healing spell.

Edit: Stealth will soon be buffed and there is a lot of speculation that Stealth characters will be really powerful soon.

cyloninside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#152 cyloninside
Member since 2014 • 815 Posts

@FelipeInside said:

So I think I'm gonna cave in and buy this game. I'll probably never finish it but at least I would have helped the developer with my purchase, since I hear nothing but good feedback from my RPG fans.

What classes should I start with roughly? I don't want a big challenge cause my gametime is limited (thinking of even playing it on easy).

stay away from rogues and battlemages. wizard/knight/shadowblade.... any of those will do a lot of damage. oh, and you make 2 characters, not just one.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 Code135
Member since 2005 • 892 Posts

I'm struggling in the second zone ... won't be able to progress till the respec zone :( Making a tank was probably a dumb idea ... oh well.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#154 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58952 Posts

@Code135 said:

I'm struggling in the second zone ... won't be able to progress till the respec zone :( Making a tank was probably a dumb idea ... oh well.

It isn't. You can build the character up. I'm 83 hours into the game, with a tank, rogue, and two knights (one DPS one tank) and the tank is absolutely the most useful member.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Code135
@uninspiredcup said:

@Code135 said:

It isn't. You can build the character up. I'm 83 hours into the game, with a tank, rogue, and two knights (one DPS one tank) and the tank is absolutely the most useful member.

Problem is that nobody really targets him ... I fortify the bastard and give him absorb of elements and just send him in with bull's charge and he in 80% of the time gets ignored and everyone goes for the 2 mages in the back ... and the tank himself doesn't do much damage with a shield and a 1h in the front unless there's a shield bash skill or something later on that utilizes the shield mechanics (that's just me dreaming, there isn't anything). Once I get the respec zone I'll at least say goodbye to some ability points ... blacksmithing is useless after 1 point and I invested freaking 6 to lvl 3. Crafting > Blacksmithing by far in my opinion.

What's the whole point of Blacksmithing actually ? Other than repairs ...

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

@Code135 said:

Problem is that nobody really targets him ... I fortify the bastard and give him absorb of elements and just send him in with bull's charge and he in 80% of the time gets ignored and everyone goes for the 2 mages in the back ...

You get a trait which lowers the threat of other targets.

Your thief (assuming you have one) can sneak up, use "daggers drawn" (which can almost instantly killer many targets) and then use invisible to remain hidden to bank up points.

You mage as well can use spells to half his physical damage taken and increase constitution.

Using multiple summons act as a good meat shield. they can be cast about twice per a count because of the low recharge use time and (if you like) you spent a very dribble points on another class to allow them to summon elemental (or whatever you want to summon).

Crafting and blacksmithing are two different things. Crafting is for creating items and upgrading them. Put points in that, it's far more useful. At level 5 crafting you can enhance weapons to do almost double to 1/3 more damage via essence appliance.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 uninspiredcup  Online

Jesus this game is so fucking big. And it's not padding like shitty Ubisoft games, practically all of it is crafted with thought and care.

flipin_jackass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158 flipin_jackass
Member since 2004 • 9772 Posts

Glad a lot of you peeps are enjoying it. I haven't been able to play lately, but I'll definitely sit down and make time for this one. It's sitting there in my Steam account teasing me.

@uninspiredcup said:

Jesus this game is so fucking big. And it's not padding like shitty Ubisoft games, practically all of it is crafted with thought and care.

I just looked it up on howlongtobeat.com and it's 70+ hrs to beat for the main story, 120+ for completionist. Damn, Larian really stretched really that budget!

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

I'm 80 hours in an only just met the conduit.

Reading a few of the reviews, a few 7's have popped up, i t seems the casual critics are criticizing this game for involving some form of thinking. Pretty much to be expected. Gamers of today are weened on casual fluff.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Reading a few of the reviews, a few 7's have popped up, i t seems the casual critics are criticizing this game for involving some form of thinking. Pretty much to be expected. Gamers of today are weened on casual fluff.

80 hours? How the hell do you get so much game time in?

I also have a question.

If I were to back Pillars of Eternity, I would have access to the beta. Question is, do the beta characters come across to the final game?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online

I thought pillars of eternity and Torement: Tides Of Numberma was the same game.

Pro gaming knowledge.

Code135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 Code135
@FelipeInside said:

@uninspiredcup said:

80 hours? How the hell do you get so much game time in?

Larian are known to UNDERestimate their games' playtime ... same thing happened with Beyond Divinity and Divine Divinity ... playtime ended up being close to twice as much, or at least in my case it did. :P

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

I've got 3 magic users and the female tank from early in the game. Only thing I'm not sure of is who to have the sneaking/lockpicking

Best part about the game is that it's easy on the eyes, worst part of the game is most of the stuff is random generated loot with no real unique items so far

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 uninspiredcup  Online

I'm playing on hard so it takes much longer. IMO if you just skip through a game it becomes less engaging, shorter and the mechanics becomes less relevant (which is basically just another way of saying less engaging).