Direct 2 Drive - 10 more $5 games

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MadCat46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 MadCat46
Member since 2004 • 1494 Posts
Already have Mount and Blade and Sword of the Stars, I like both but they're either love or hate games and have no in between. Was looking at Defense Grid but I'm seeing mix reactions and reviews here and across the internet. Anyone have a game it's similar too or a more detailed opinion about it?
Nibroc420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 Nibroc420
Member since 2007 • 13571 Posts
Already have Mount and Blade and Sword of the Stars, I like both but they're either love or hate games and have no in between. Was looking at Defense Grid but I'm seeing mix reactions and reviews here and across the internet. Anyone have a game it's similar too or a more detailed opinion about it?MadCat46
It's tower defense with a campaign. Nothing else too it.
AJ_D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 AJ_D
Member since 2003 • 1533 Posts

Woot! Stalker is back for $5. I didn't miss that oppurtunity again! Who wants to celebrate with me?!

pvtdonut54
Ha, yea I also bought Stalker on the second round. Glad it came back.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Huh, just noticed Universe at War is only 5 *monetary units*. Please buy it.

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts
Lol this is going to be the first time I buy something from D2D. Seriously though, I have way to many games to play at the moment and this was a "Bad" year for pc gaming.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Baranga

This was the first time I bought something from them too:lol: I got UaW with the last money on my credit card. The download is slow, anywhere between 330 and 430 kB/sec.

What worries me is that now I see the game listed as UK/US only... It wasn't like that an hour ago! I downloaded about 30%, I hope I won't have any surprises later:(

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#57 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

This was the first time I bought something from them too:lol: I got UaW with the last money on my credit card. The download is slow, anywhere between 330 and 430 kB/sec.

What worries me is that now I see the game listed as UK/US only... It wasn't like that an hour ago! I downloaded about 30%, I hope I won't have any surprises later:(

Baranga
If it has already started downloading, it should be fine. You may regret buying UaW though :P
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Baranga

I got to play about half of the first campaign at a colleague when it was launched and I liked it, despite the horrible performance and some minor quirks - reminds me of Rise of Legends in a way. I'm a sucker for weird games...

I read that the patches fixed the most important problems and that there's always someone online, so I bought it as soon as I noticed it there.

Avatar image for deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
deactivated-64ba3ebd35404

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#59 deactivated-64ba3ebd35404
Member since 2004 • 7590 Posts

I got to play about half of the first campaign at a colleague when it was launched and I liked it, despite the horrible performance and some minor quirks - reminds me of Rise of Legends in a way. I'm a sucker for weird games...

I read that the patches fixed the most important problems and that there's always someone online, so I bought it as soon as I noticed it there.

Baranga
The first two thirds of the campaign are great, the last part less so. You read wrong. Majorly majorly wrong. There is NEVER anyone online unless you specifically find a friend and ask them to start playing. You will not find a random match ever. And the patches fix a lot of the problems, except the terrible performance issues that make the Skirmish mode unplayable even on high-end systems. It's a shame really, because the gameplay is fantastic.
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Baranga

Oh. I was a bit curious to see how that online Conquer the World mode works, but the singleplayer campaign is more than enough for a socially awkward person like me. Hell, the fantastic unit design alone deserves my 5 pounds...

mismajor99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 mismajor99
Member since 2003 • 5671 Posts

Mount & Blade is excellent...one of my favorite games. The mounted/melee combat is some of the best ever done in a video game. Just be warned the game is from a very small developer so some of the production value are a bit lacking. Also, the game is very sand-box driven so if you expect a great story or anything like that you might not like it. Try the demo though, decide for yourself.

Oh, this weeks selection stinks :(

dnuggs40
finally picked up Mount and Blade, played a bit of it last night. I suck terribly at it, but getting the hang of it.
dnuggs40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 dnuggs40
Member since 2003 • 10484 Posts
[QUOTE="dnuggs40"]

Mount & Blade is excellent...one of my favorite games. The mounted/melee combat is some of the best ever done in a video game. Just be warned the game is from a very small developer so some of the production value are a bit lacking. Also, the game is very sand-box driven so if you expect a great story or anything like that you might not like it. Try the demo though, decide for yourself.

Oh, this weeks selection stinks :(

mismajor99
finally picked up Mount and Blade, played a bit of it last night. I suck terribly at it, but getting the hang of it.

It takes some time to build up steam in that game...but once you get the mechanics down and build up a small force you start steam rolling everyone. You just have to be aware of what you are up against.