Deus Ex: human Revolution GAMEPLAY TRAILER

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts

The gameplay trailer for Deus Ex: Human Revolution

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wrI5ozW7OE&playnext=1&videos=sab4Rj_jd6E&feature=sub

Go Pre-order this game. Right. Now.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
Looks awesome so far.
Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Looks awesome. I reconized the hongkong bar layout from the first game. That reminded me of masseffecrt 2 for some reason. I will be picking this up first day.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
Damn i hoped the graphics will be better.......i know poor excuse :P Anyway i saw the footage before from the leaked gameplay. Its not what i would call gameplay trailer, just a better view on the camera and graphics.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts
Cool, they ruined Deus Ex. It's also good to see that the game has no tie-in with the original games. Why not just name it something else? Call it "Project: Human Revolution" or something.
Resistance_Kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#6 Resistance_Kid
Member since 2009 • 1171 Posts

I like it :lol:

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 dakan45
Cool, they ruined Deus Ex. It's also good to see that the game has no tie-in with the original games. Why not just name it something else? Call it "Project: Human Revolution" or something.KHAndAnime
No tie-in? What part of "Tong" did you miss? Also those are the first generation augmentations thats why they look like mechs.
ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

I'm still not sure in what direction they're taking it. A lot of emphasis seems to be on trying to make everything look "cool" with melee stealth kills etc. but it does not look like the RPG components will be strong. If they're not going to make this game RPG heavy then might as well just go and play Invisible War.

alexlmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 alexlmt
Member since 2006 • 418 Posts

I hope there are still non-lethal weapons.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 dakan45

I'm still not sure in what direction they're taking it. A lot of emphasis seems to be on trying to make everything look "cool" with melee stealth kills etc. but it does not look like the RPG components will be strong. If they're not going to make this game RPG heavy then might as well just go and play Invisible War.

ShimmerMan
With all the weapons having the same ammo? No thanks plus the corridor maps of deus ex invisible war were godawful.
zerosaber456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#11 zerosaber456
Member since 2005 • 1363 Posts
Looks sick! I can't wait for this game
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Cool, they ruined Deus Ex. It's also good to see that the game has no tie-in with the original games. Why not just name it something else? Call it "Project: Human Revolution" or something.dakan45
No tie-in? What part of "Tong" did you miss? Also those are the first generation augmentations thats why they look like mechs.

Cool, the games share one character. I'm astonished. ;)
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
Looks awesome. I can't wait and am one of the few who loved Deus Ex IW.
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Cool, they ruined Deus Ex. It's also good to see that the game has no tie-in with the original games. Why not just name it something else? Call it "Project: Human Revolution" or something.KHAndAnime

Way to judge the whole game based on 1 gameplay trailer... :|
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dakan45
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Cool, they ruined Deus Ex. It's also good to see that the game has no tie-in with the original games. Why not just name it something else? Call it "Project: Human Revolution" or something.KHAndAnime

What did you expect? This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woBAUk5hMD8 Because i cant possible see how anyone could make a game more similar to deus ex than what i saw in that trailer. Even if they make the areas and characters to look similar than the first and they try to make the gameplay and the feel similar, they will still look nothing alike due to the way gamedevelopment changes over the years. Hoping to see a direct copy of deux ex nowadays with the same way it was done in 2000 back when deus ex came out is trully as hopeless as trying to make doom 3 to feel like doom 1.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="dakan45"] No tie-in? What part of "Tong" did you miss? Also those are the first generation augmentations thats why they look like mechs.

What did you expect? This: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woBAUk5hMD8 Because i cant possible see how anyone could make a game more similar to deus ex than what i saw in that trailer. Even if they make the areas and characters to look similar than the first and they try to make the gameplay and the feel similar, they will still look nothing alike due to the way gamedevelopment changes over the years. Hoping to see a direct copy of deux ex nowadays with the same way it was done in 2000 back when deus ex came out is trully as hopeless as trying to make doom 3 to feel like doom 1.

Not at all. There's much they could have done to keep the game looking like respectable sequel to Deus Ex, and not some ridiculous shallow action-fest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Why do I get the feeling that no matter what the trailer looked liked, people here would find a reason to complain about it? Your right they shouldnt change a thing, its only been 11 years since the original release. Maybe they should just remake dues ex!
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
[QUOTE="dakan45"]Damn i hoped the graphics will be better.......i know poor excuse :P Anyway i saw the footage before from the leaked gameplay. Its not what i would call gameplay trailer, just a better view on the camera and graphics.

The graphics are indeed underwhelming for today's standards. Hell, even for 2006 standards. I know graphics do not make up for everything but it is 2010. Beginning of a new decade of gaming and I expected more from them. I hope Square Enix doesn't have anything to do with this "corporate" decision to go with the bland and brown visual art design. I was pretty hyped about this game but it feels too Eastern.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dakan45
Not at all. There's much they could have done to keep the game looking like respectable sequel to Deus Ex, and not some ridiculous shallow action-fest.KHAndAnime
In other words you have not looked at the leaked gameplay at all :( Lets forget this argument since is clear you lack alot of information on the game, i suggest either looking for the leaked gameplay or read some previews. Also when someone advertises a fps, they always make action shots and action trailers. Seriously, shallow action fest? Have you even looked at the leaked gameplay?
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"][QUOTE="dakan45"] No tie-in? What part of "Tong" did you miss? Also those are the first generation augmentations thats why they look like mechs.the_ChEeSe_mAn2

You can't judge the quality of a game based on a gameplay trailer? It's not hard. Let me to break it down for you.

-Mediocre graphics
-Ridiculously over the top melee combat
-Questionable RPG elements
-Futuristic looking cities (despite taking place before the previous Deus Ex games, which didn't have these nor any evidence of them)
-Duck and cover shooting mechanics
-Regenerating health

Is this what satisfies you people? Really?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] Cool, the games share one character. I'm astonished. ;)KHAndAnime

You can't judge the quality of a game based on a gameplay trailer? It's not hard. Let me to break it down for you.

-Mediocre graphics
-Futuristic looking cities (despite taking place before the previous Deus Ex games, which didn't have these nor any evidence of them)
-Regenerating health

There really wasnt enough there for you to make all of the assumptions. Even if that was the case, big deal that are updating the gameplay, stop living in the past. Some of you need to realize games are changing and always will be changing and stop complaining about a game everytime they change something. This seems to happen more in the PC forums.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 KHAndAnime
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]Not at all. There's much they could have done to keep the game looking like respectable sequel to Deus Ex, and not some ridiculous shallow action-fest.dakan45
In other words you have not looked at the leaked gameplay at all :( Lets forget this argument since is clear you lack alot of information on the game, i suggest either looking for the leaked gameplay or read some previews. Also when someone advertises a fps, they always make action shots and action trailers. Seriously, shallow action fest? Have you even looked at the leaked gameplay?

You mean the one where nothing happens for 12 minutes, then the player walks around and performs random 'Splinter Cell : Conviction' inspired takedowns, and then engages in Rainbow Six Vegas-esque gunfights with NPCs and ends with some ridiculous mech fight? Yea, looks amazing. :roll:
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"] Way to judge the whole game based on 1 gameplay trailer... :|Advid-Gamer

-Mediocre graphics
-Regenerating health

There really wasnt enough there for you to make all of the assumptions. Even if that was the case, big deal that are updating the gameplay, stop living in the past. Some of you need to realize games are changing and always will be changing and stop complaining about a game everytime they change something. This seems to happen more in the PC forums.

I'm not basing it entirely on that gameplay trailer, but information given to us in interviews and other sources. The gameplay isn't being updated, it's being simplified. The same thing happens over and over, and you people will claim how great these games look before they come out - and once they come out - everyone talks about how they're a letdown. Reminds me of the recent butchering of the Splinter Cell series.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#24 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts
Action looks really good, but what about the RPG elements?
Alaris83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 Alaris83
Member since 2004 • 1620 Posts
What's up with the graphic complaints? Did I miss something? I thought it looked fine. I'm hoping they take the philosophy of having multiple solutions to every challenge from the first game to heart in this one. That's the key thing to be true to the original. The action take down effects are kinda corny, but hopefully it isn't as prevalent as shown in the trailer. Still holding out hope for this one.
KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KHAndAnime

What's up with the graphic complaints? Did I miss something? I thought it looked fine. I'm hoping they take the philosophy of having multiple solutions to every challenge from the first game to heart in this one. That's the key thing to be true to the original. The action take down effects are kinda corny, but hopefully it isn't as prevalent as shown in the trailer. Still holding out hope for this one.Alaris83

Personally I was hoping they would have done something like Deus Ex but with a better physics engine. You should be able to pick up a bottle off the ground and then throw it at the head of your enemies and have it shatter in their faces. Instead, they figured it would be a lot cooler by cycling through take down animations.

It's disappointing really. Instead of expanding upon what was done in the first game - they draw from other inferior games for the gameplay.

coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

Looks awesome. I love RPGs and I especially love this type of setting. Like Omega in ME2 for example :P

Alaris83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#28 Alaris83
Member since 2004 • 1620 Posts

Personally I was hoping they would have done something like Deus Ex but with a better physics engine. You should be able to pick up a bottle off the ground and then throw it at the head of your enemies and have it shatter in their faces. Instead, they figured it would be a lot cooler by cycling through take down animations.

It's disappointing really. Instead of expanding upon what was done in the first game - they draw from other inferior games for the gameplay.

KHAndAnime
They did show dragging a body, which appeared physics based. All in all, I think it is too early to make a judgement call one way or the other for this game.
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

Alaris83
They did show dragging a body, which appeared physics based. All in all, I think it is too early to make a judgement call one way or the other for this game.

Thank you, this is what I tried to imply in my earlier post. 1 gameplay doesn't mean we have seen the whole game. Give it time and then judge instead of making rash statements.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#30 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
I like how it looks, not fond of the auto-take downs though.
BDK-Soft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 BDK-Soft
Member since 2009 • 795 Posts
Why is he killing everyone? So much for the sneaky gameplay I reckon.
Birdy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Birdy09
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts
[QUOTE="Alaris83"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Thank you, this is what I tried to imply in my earlier post. 1 gameplay doesn't mean we have seen the whole game. Give it time and then judge instead of making rash statements.

I like how this always applies to "Negative responses" when most of the people in this thread have mindlessly gone and said "Look great zomg buy!" :roll:
Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts

-Mediocre graphics
-Regenerating health

KHAndAnime

I'm not basing it entirely on that gameplay trailer, but information given to us in interviews and other sources. The gameplay isn't being updated, it's being simplified. The same thing happens over and over, and you people will claim how great these games look before they come out - and once they come out - everyone talks about how they're a letdown. Reminds me of the recent butchering of the Splinter Cell series.

KHAndAnime

You mean the one where nothing happens for 12 minutes, then the player walks around and performs random 'Splinter Cell : Conviction' inspired takedowns, and then engages in Rainbow Six Vegas-esque gunfights with NPCs and ends with some ridiculous mech fight?

Yea, looks amazing. :roll:KHAndAnime

Couldn't agree with you more KH...I think everyone else is either delusional or has forgotten what a real game is. All the casuals these days just eat this crap up, and by that I mean all of the over the top melee kills and overdone action.

It is just pathetic. They have ruined the gaming industry.

All of your points were valid, and though it doesn't follow, I do like the futuristic setting (for the same reason I love Mass Effect).

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

I'm holding out hope for this game. I too, share the fear that this may lose the elements that made Deus Ex such a great game. It just so happens that I'm playing Deus Ex for the first time, and I really like it. I love the variety of different ways you can solve problems and face opponents. While it's not a sandbox game, there is a lot of freedom of choice. I would highly welcome a new Deus Ex-series game with prettier graphics, as long as it still gives you the wide choice of freedom that the original has.

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

Remmib

You mean the one where nothing happens for 12 minutes, then the player walks around and performs random 'Splinter Cell : Conviction' inspired takedowns, and then engages in Rainbow Six Vegas-esque gunfights with NPCs and ends with some ridiculous mech fight?

Couldn't agree with you more KH...I think everyone else is either delusional or has forgotten what a real game is. All the casuals these days just eat this crap up, and by that I mean all of the over the top melee kills and overdone action.

All of your points were valid, and though it doesn't follow, I do like the futuristic setting (for the same reason I love Mass Effect).

Well, for me, I love sci-fi, and the setting looks to be amazing for me. From what I've seen, it appears promising. I hold no delusions that this latest installment could be a disgrace to the original. Hell, I was following IW closely until I got a chance to play the demo. That made me go, "WTF?" and that was the last I paid attention to the game. But at least this one can't be any worse than what they're doing to X-COM though...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

Remmib

Ok...... to me people that are stuck in the past are the problem, but I guess they are really not a problem, the gaming industry is moving on with or with out you, get on board or get another hobby. I have been playing video games since the nes, I am not "casual" as you call it. I cant stand people with that mind set.

ssvegeta555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ssvegeta555
Member since 2003 • 2448 Posts

*drools* I just love cyberpunk so this is a day one purchase for me.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KHAndAnime

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

Alaris83

I'm sure it has ragdoll (games have had ragdoll for a decade) - I was hoping for something closer to Half-Life 2.

And to add - I think the game looks cool. But it doesn't look like something I'd deem as a worthy successor to Deus Ex. At least Deus Ex : Invisible War tried to follow up on the first game in gameplay. This game on the otherhand has leaked gameplay videos showing about 20 minutes of gameplay - and there wasn't even on RPG element present once during that entire time. It's pretty much become a casual action game, which is a far cry from the first game. I'm disappointed how people see a few cool kills and think they're looking at an amazing game.

badtaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 badtaker
Member since 2009 • 3806 Posts
looks amazing
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
I'm not a fan of the autokills. However, if they're implemented in a way that makes them difficult to pull off instead of "press A to win" then it wouldn't be much different from the stun prod in the original Deus Ex which would take out every enemy in the game in one hit if you could sneak up on them (and if you failed to sneak up on them it would still paralyze them and allow them to be killed in the next hit). Obviously the take downs are a lot flashier, but there's no functional difference as both things still kill the enemy without a fight. I'm not terribly worried about the gameplay beyond that though. I saw the leaked gameplay video from E3 and it looked like a lot of the design philosophy from the first game was intact. Multiple ways to reach a goal/objective, lots of areas to explore, augmentations, etc.
kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts

Cool, they ruined Deus Ex. It's also good to see that the game has no tie-in with the original games. Why not just name it something else? Call it "Project: Human Revolution" or something.KHAndAnime

Why so pessimistic? You never know, it could actually be good...

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dakan45

[QUOTE="the_ChEeSe_mAn2"][QUOTE="KHAndAnime"] Cool, the games share one character. I'm astonished. ;)KHAndAnime

-Mediocre graphics
-Regenerating health

Yes because graphics were not mediocre. Meele system with camera looks cool and it is your character's main ability. Better than yet another stab in the back fps. On the questionable rpg elements you got a point....and thank god the cities look futuristic because the first game really lacked that. Besides you miss 2 things:

a. Thas how they saw the future cities in the pasts, there are sci fi commercial boards that remind you of that trailer in the first game.

b. The first game takes place after the riots during the plague so everything is dark with few people moving around.

Cover mechanics and regeneration health are must, because if you come to think of it, neither the gunplay or the health system were one of the strong points of the first game, arguably they were the worst parts of the game.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 dakan45
They did show dragging a body, which appeared physics based. All in all, I think it is too early to make a judgement call one way or the other for this game.Alaris83
...and in the leaked gameplay he actually picks up a box to climb to a window and kill a guard, it couldnt get any more deux ex than that.
Why is he killing everyone? So much for the sneaky gameplay I reckon.BDK-Soft
it just an action trailer, in the leaked gameplay he sneaks and while one of the guard passes by, he turns around and looks back before he continues his route. Stealth and ai is gonna be pretty tough in this game ;)
Remmib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Remmib
Member since 2010 • 2250 Posts

Ok...... to me people that are stuck in the past are the problem, but I guess they are really not a problem, the gaming industry is moving on with or with out you, get on board or get another hobby. I have been playing video games since the nes, I am not "casual" as you call it. I cant stand people with that mind set.

Advid-Gamer

What I mean by casual are people who like dumbed down gameplay. Therefore, you are casual. Look how dumbed down the gameplay is.

I'm sure it has ragdoll (games have had ragdoll for a decade) - I was hoping for something closer to Half-Life 2.

And to add - I think the game looks cool. But it doesn't look like something I'd deem as a worthy successor to Deus Ex. At least Deus Ex : Invisible War tried to follow up on the first game in gameplay. This game on the otherhand has leaked gameplay videos showing about 20 minutes of gameplay - and there wasn't even on RPG element present once during that entire time. It's pretty much become a casual action game, which is a far cry from the first game. I'm disappointed how people see a few cool kills and think they're looking at an amazing game.

KHAndAnime

Again, +1.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dakan45
Right, so invisible war was more like the first game than this one and it ahd more rpg elements? :roll:
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#46 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
Cover mechanics and regeneration health are must, because if you come to think of it, neither the gunplay or the health system were one of the strong points of the first game, arguably they were the worst parts of the game.dakan45
And this is how the series is going to go totally down hill.
I played the first game, I did not miss cover system and health regen.
kdawg88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 kdawg88
Member since 2009 • 2923 Posts

-Mediocre graphics
-Regenerating health

Is this what satisfies you people? Really?KHAndAnime

No, you cannot judge the quality of a game until you've read multiple reviews and have actually played the game. Ripping a trailer and leaked gameplay to pieces isn't going to make it any more enjoyable for you when it is released. If you've played Deus Ex then you'd know it is more than the sum of its parts, and we've see just a few of this game's parts, have we not?

chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#50 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts

[QUOTE="KHAndAnime"]

-Mediocre graphics
-Regenerating health

Is this what satisfies you people? Really?kdawg88

No, you cannot judge the quality of a game until you've read multiple reviews and have actually played the game. Ripping a trailer and leaked gameplay to pieces isn't going to make it any more enjoyable for you when it is released. If you've played Deus Ex then you'd know it is more than the sum of its parts, and we've see just a few of this game's parts, have we not?

I have no clue what the game is going to be like unless I play a demo, or if I read reviews. There is no way I can make any judgment from the video. I am hoping this game won't compromise on the qualities that made the original so great.