Destiny 2 worth getting if I don't have friends with it?

chriscoolguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 chriscoolguy
Member since 2011 • 729 Posts

Is online okay with strangers?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I wouldn't count on gaming with strangers and doing co-op missions with strangers online

It's fine to do loot hunting / speedruns on dungeons with strangers though

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@chriscoolguy said:

Is online okay with strangers?

You can but you MUST have a Discord account and use it for raiding.

Everything else (strikes, PvP etc) can be done solo with strangers.

Saying that, after the abysmal expansion and the whole Prometheus Lense and Content locked behind DLC fiasco, I don't recommend buying it.

CrillanK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 CrillanK
Member since 2008 • 272 Posts

I wouldn't even recommend this game if you did have friends playing it. It got boring really fast. Just another grinding game to min/max and get headshots. The story wasn't even that great.

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

its not worth getting period.

sorry i fail to see the appeal of that game frankly

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I bought it to see what all the fuss was about and thought it was kind of neat for about a week, then I just realized it's a piss-poor loot n shoot, except heavily dependent on DLC (aka "more money").

Do not buy.

creamyNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By creamyNYC
Member since 2018 • 10 Posts

Got Destiny 2 free with my EVGA 1080 FTW card. Playing it for 2 months now. Story was hideous, absolute garbage. 99% of the characters forgettable with 0 personality, you dont fall in love with any of them. Cayde-6 is hilarious but hes the only one I liked cause he had a sense of humor/clumsiness about him. Everyone else? Forget it. The characters feel so dead and boring to me. At least in Halo, you felt something. A close connection to everyone, Cortana was your babe, and you felt special like you were the only one created for this quest.

In Destiny 2, its clear there are thousands and thousands of you as well as identical, repetitive enemies all over the game with no personality. SNOOZEFEST, who wants to do that with friends?

In my opinion, no to your question. It feels too lonely, they dont allow you to interact with strangers. You cant talk to them (whisper/chat to either team or fireteam doesnt work, no one responds), theres little mic usage. Very restricted and anti-social. It creates a false sense of community (there is none, and the "social" maps dont allow you to socialize with anyone). It makes you feel like youre competing with everyone else (clever trick to get you to spend real money).

Really upset about it because I often feel alone and bored playing it