Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Thoughts?

IMO it looks very nice, wouldn't say improved Deus Ex gameplay but it sure got similarities within it.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#2  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

Looks great and I just finished playing through Deus Ex: Mankind Divided as it was on my backlog for a long time. DE:MD is a good game, but it felt restricted/limited. Cyberpunk 2077 will open things up nicely. :)

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2453 Posts

Needs loot boxes.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

The graphics are horrendous...wtf. That's really odd coming from the team who developed The Witcher. The gameplay looks okay but way too similar to Deus Ex. I lost some hype watching this.

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
@saintsatan said:

The graphics are horrendous...wtf. That's really odd coming from the team who developed The Witcher. The gameplay looks okay but way too similar to Deus Ex. I lost some hype watching this.

Did you not see the text at the top of the video that says in big letters: WORK IN PROGRESS - DOES NOT REPRESENT THE FINAL LOOK OF THE GAME

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BassMan
@saintsatan said:

How are they horrendous? Looks good to me. Also, the game has a more stylized look and they are not going for super realism. I hope they allow us to disable the chromatic aberration and blur though.

SaintSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 SaintSatan
Member since 2003 • 1986 Posts

@couly said:
@saintsatan said:

Did you not see the text at the top of the video that says in big letters: WORK IN PROGRESS - DOES NOT REPRESENT THE FINAL LOOK OF THE GAME

At this point in the development cycle the graphics should be near final. Even for an alpha/beta they look bad.

@BassMan said:
@saintsatan said:

How are they horrendous? Looks good to me. Also, the game has a more stylized look and they are not going for super realism. I hope they allow us to disable the chromatic aberration and blur though.

The original Metro 2033 from 5+ years ago looks far better.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By BassMan

@saintsatan said:
@couly said:
@saintsatan said:

At this point in the development cycle the graphics should be near final. Even for an alpha/beta they look bad.

@BassMan said:
@saintsatan said:

I disagree. Metro 2033 still looks good, but let's not exaggerate things. Also, keep in mind that Metro 2033 is more of a corridor shooter with limited outdoor sections. Cyberpunk 2077 is open world and dwarfs it in scale, scope, and amount of assets.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 GeryGo  Moderator
@saintsatan said:

It's in sort of Beta I would say, but then again it's going on consoles as well.

I just hope the high - max graphics won't be resources hogs.

rmpumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 rmpumper
Member since 2016 • 2134 Posts

@saintsatan said:

Far better? lol, you are either delusional or nostalgic and did not look at that game for a while.

Replayed both Metro games (Redux this time) this month and they both look worse than Cyberpunk (not to mention the scale of Metro games), and that is when comparing crisp Metro footage vs. shitty bitrate video of 2077.

couly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#12 couly
Member since 2004 • 6278 Posts
@saintsatan said:
@couly said:
@saintsatan said:

There's no release date so how do you know at what point of the dev cycle they are at? Anyway it looks fantastic to me.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

long way to go, but they made that clear, hope they will give it the full gameworks or gpuopen treatment.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2453 Posts

2077 = No Man's Sky? Sad.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
@attirex said:

What?

@attirex said:

Needs loot boxes.

What? if you've got no discussion value then don't

TryIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16 TryIt
Member since 2017 • 13157 Posts

@attirex said:

prior to release of game play I would say there is a lot of similarities given the extreeme hype around literally one video.

Now that game play is released and it looks good I would just advice people to calm themselves and dont forget Watch Dogs when the first game play videos of that game came out.

Then again, many of these people only play games from a very small box so any good game that comes out generates super hype for them so I get that.

I however, am going to be looking for intellectual energy to play From the Depths again, that game is hyper deep on builds

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

I feel like they should have held off showing the demo.

People like myself can take it in context, it's just a taste of the potential to come, but people are either going to have their standards too high and ultimately be disappointed ("Durrrrrrrrr downgrade WTF CDPR!?!") or they are not impressed and start shitting on the game before it's even out.

I was thoroughly impressed, you see a lot of what they're trying to get at. Looking forward to making a cyberninja :D Or, maybe just this once, I'll actually make a guns blazing type. Nah too boring, I like to sneak and talk my way through RPG's

techblogger911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#18 techblogger911
Member since 2018 • 39 Posts

I have been dying to watch the gameplay and they release 48 minutes of it. I'll be quiet for a couple of months now

Just read the forbes article on it as well, the bad does not let me down though.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/08/28/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-of-the-cyberpunk 2077-gameplay-reveal/

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts
@techblogger911 said:

I have been dying to watch the gameplay and they release 48 minutes of it. I'll be quiet for a couple of months now

Just read the forbes article on it as well, the bad does not let me down though.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2018/08/28/the-good-the-bad-and-the-ugly-of-the-cyberpunk 2077-gameplay-reveal/

That's not official Forbes article, contributor.

In fact, the Polish studio shared a whopping 48 minutes of gameplay, all of which you can watch here,in up to 4k resolution, no less.

There is no 4k footage anywhere, the youtube is 1080p scaled to 4k for higher bitrate