Crysis 2 PC multiplayer demo confirmed

• 76 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

At this time, Crytek & EA are glad to confirm that we'll be releasing a pre-launch Crysis 2 multiplayer demo on PC! Stay tuned for details.

Let's hope the second map will be properly unlocked for PC lol

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#2 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Very nice news.:D Glad I got my GTX 460 today to prepare for it.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts
Sh*T Just Got Real...
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

mitu123

probably wont even need it

expertly predicted recommended are EQUAL to that of Mass Effect 2..

and it is now on a console supporting engine.. tops its recommended is going to be tri core + 8800gts + 2-3gb ram especially when cryengine 3 doesnt even have dx11 support

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#5 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Yay!!!! :D

Teh_Can

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Teh_Can
Member since 2010 • 148 Posts

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

darkfox101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 darkfox101
Member since 2004 • 7055 Posts
OT ty for NEWS :D
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58309 Posts

it feels good to be loved :oops:

I wonder when; they said "stay tuned" which implies it must be close, considering no one is going to "stay tuned" for long.

When is the release date for Crysis 2 anyway? Cant be that far off :D

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mitu123

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

ionusX

and it is now on a console supporting engine.. tops its recommended is going to be tri core + 8800gts + 2-3gb ram especially when cryengine 3 doesnt even have dx11 support

I guess I won't have much trouble running it on high after all then?:P

ZimpanX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#10 ZimpanX
Member since 2005 • 12636 Posts

Great news! Altough the Xbox version is ok, I hope the PC version will feel more like the Crysis I remember.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ionusX

I wonder when; they said "stay tuned" which implies it must be close, considering no one is going to "stay tuned" for long.

mrbojangles25

nothing offical but "this year"

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 mitu123

mrbojangles25

March 22nd, 25th in the UK.

bachilders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 bachilders
Member since 2005 • 1430 Posts

Sh*T Just Got Real...ShadowDeathX

V-Tec just kick in yo!

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ionusX

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]Sh*T Just Got Real...bachilders

V-Tec just kick in yo!

hehe crysis 2 is dominic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmavAP6od5M

THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

Too bad the multiplayer component in Crysis 2 is by far the least-interesting of the game, and might very well tell us little-to-nothing about single-player performance. I'd much, much rather have a single-player demo. Multiplayer in Crysis is something that's just "there" for the sake of being there, but is never a focus point or something that will grow beyond an almost pointless addition to a single-player-oriented game.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Baranga

Too bad the multiplayer component in Crysis 2 is by far the least-interesting component of the game, and will tell us little-to-nothing about single-player performance.

THA-TODD-BEAST

I want to see what a former leading console multiplayer developer is able to do on PC.

THA-TODD-BEAST

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 THA-TODD-BEAST
Member since 2003 • 4569 Posts

[QUOTE="THA-TODD-BEAST"]

Too bad the multiplayer component in Crysis 2 is by far the least-interesting component of the game, and will tell us little-to-nothing about single-player performance.

Baranga

I want to see what a former leading console multiplayer developer is able to do on PC.

Who is this developer you're speaking of? Because it definitely isn't Crytek. Is there another developer doing the multiplayer component that I'm just not aware of?

Avatar image for deactivated-64b76bd048860
deactivated-64b76bd048860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 deactivated-64b76bd048860
Member since 2007 • 4363 Posts
YES!!! I already played the demo on 360, but I'm planning to get it for PC so this is perfect!
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

[QUOTE="THA-TODD-BEAST"]

THA-TODD-BEAST

Who is this developer you're speaking of? Because it definitely isn't Crytek. Is there another developer doing the multiplayer component that I'm just not aware of?

iirc its the people that did Haze for PS3 :(

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Can't wait :). Just played Bulletstorm on my PS3 and I don't see what all these people are saying when they compare Crysis and Bulletstorm and say that bulletstorm is great.

ralph2190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ralph2190
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

Suhweet! We can get to see how well it runs on our rigs!! :D

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 NaveedLife

[QUOTE="THA-TODD-BEAST"]

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

mrbojangles25

True, but it is also the developer that brought us 3 amasing FPS games known as the Timesplitter series :). I have faith from what I have seen.

Avatar image for Gamesterpheonix
Gamesterpheonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Gamesterpheonix
Member since 2005 • 3676 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

ionusX

You sure? If so Im glad. Ive got a good system but with the games coming it looks like I might have to find some way of upgrading. Thank god for the limitations of consoles eh? haha. Helps make sure the games dont get tooooo demanding and helps extend the life of our parts.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
excellent
Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Baranga

Haze had some absolutely wonderful ideas. It's a shame it didn't actually work as intended. Blame Ubisoft lol.

Can't wait :). Just played Bulletstorm on my PS3 and I don't see what all these people are saying when they compare Crysis and Bulletstorm and say that bulletstorm is great.

NaveedLife

I played the Bulletstorm demo a few times today, competing with a friend for high scores. It's a blast if you play it creatively.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

mrbojangles25

They also did Time Splitters. I love how everyone just remembers the only bad game they made :/

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NaveedLife

Haze had some absolutely wonderful ideas. It's a shame it didn't actually work as intended. Blame Ubisoft lol.

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

Baranga

I played the Bulletstorm demo a few times today, competing with a friend for high scores. It's a blast if you play it creatively.

It feels so repetitive and the aim assist is REDICULOUS.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

KillerJuan77

They also did Time Splitters. I love how everyone just remembers the only bad game they made :/

Time Splitters was good?

*ooooooooooooh Time Splitters! That game rocked! My mistake; I was thinking of Timeshift lol

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Gamesterpheonix

You sure? If so Im glad. Ive got a good system but with the games coming it looks like I might have to find some way of upgrading. Thank god for the limitations of consoles eh? haha. Helps make sure the games dont get tooooo demanding and helps extend the life of our parts.

thats what my ninja spies are saying.. and the cryengine 3 has no dx11 support..there is no faking that..

rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

mitu123

So? Hows that a good thing?

Its like the makers of Bugatti Veyron would say: "Since not alot of people can afford our Bugatti,we will make a car exactly like Toyota Prius but it will put our bugatti logo on it...So what?Its still a freaking Prius!!!!

Same goes for Crysis...Its true that crysis logo will be on this game but it will be nothing like the original Crysis in terms of graphics(since it can be run on a console)...so if the graphics are out of the question,what are you guys eager for?

Its not like Crysis is famous for anything else than his amazing graphics...again,since thats out of the question with Crysis 2...you guys are hyping this game for what reason exactly?

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ionusX

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

rhazzy

Its like the makers of Bugatti Veyron would say: "Since not alot of people can afford our Bugatti,we will make a car exactly like Toyota Prius but it will put our bugatti logo on it...So what?Its still a freaking Prius!!!!

Same goes for Crysis...Its true that crysis logo will be on this game but it will be nothing like the original Crysis in terms of graphics(since it can be run on a console)...so if the graphics are out of the question,what are you guys eager for?

Its not like Crysis is famous for anything else than his amazing graphics...again,since thats out of the question with Crysis 2...you guys are hyping this game for what reason exactly?

crysis in its own right was a decent game.. if it continues that trend or improves on it.. it could still be very good.. lets face it

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Baranga

thats what my ninja spies are saying.. and the cryengine 3 has no dx11 support..there is no faking that..

ionusX

Yes it does!

Time Splitters was good?

*ooooooooooooh Time Splitters! That game rocked! My mistake; I was thinking of Timeshift lol

mrbojangles25

Timeshift is one my favourite shooters!

It feels so repetitive and the aim assist is REDICULOUS.

NaveedLife

Well then you weren't playing it as intended:P I'm a bit rubbish with controllers, especially since I haven't touched the console since November, so I didn't mind the aim assist. It screams for mouse and keyboard though, pulling off combos requires precision...

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 mrbojangles25

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

rhazzy

1. Its like the makers of Bugatti Veyron would say: "Since not alot of people can afford our Bugatti,we will make a car exactly like Toyota Prius but it will put our bugatti logo on it...So what?Its still a freaking Prius!!!!

2. Same goes for Crysis...Its true that crysis logo will be on this game but it will be nothing like the original Crysis in terms of graphics(since it can be run on a console)...so if the graphics are out of the question,what are you guys eager for?

3. Its not like Crysis is famous for anything else than his amazing graphics...again,since thats out of the question with Crysis 2...you guys are hyping this game for what reason exactly?

1. Mmmmm not really. Its more like Bugatti saying theyre going to make a car that performs at 3/4 the speed of the Veyron, but we're going to sell it for 1/4 the price. Its a helluva a deal any way you look at it, and more people will be able to afford it. In Crysis 2's case, this leads to a larger community, which in turn leads to better multiplayer experience (the one bad thing about Crysis 1), which in turn increases its value

2. Its going to look beautiful either way you look at it. End of story. PC will look far better than console as well.

3. Really? I am pretty sure Crysis is famous for having A.) excellent gameplay, B.) intelligent AI, C.) lengthy singleplayer experience, D.) excellent sandbox gameplay matched with semilinear pacing, E.) and good visuals, physics, etc. Honestly, haters, get of the "Cysis is purdy but thats all it has" bandwagon.

DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

[QUOTE="mrbojangles25"]

NaveedLife

True, but it is also the developer that brought us 2 amasing FPS games known as the Timesplitter series :). I have faith from what I have seen.

iirc they are also the same people who split away from Rare when it was bought by Microsoft, so many of them worked on Perfect Dark and Goldeneye which probably have the best multiplayer in existance.

Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
That is pretty awesome! I liked Crysis 2's multiplayer trailer :)
rhazzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 rhazzy
Member since 2009 • 1516 Posts

[QUOTE="rhazzy"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"] I guess I won't have much trouble running it on high after all then?:P

ionusX

crysis in its own right was a decent game.. if it continues that trend or improves on it.. it could still be very good.. lets face it

I didnt say that Crysis sucked at anything except graphics...i didnt said that and i dont even think that...

Like you,i would say the game was decent overall...except graphics,the visual graphics on this game were/are/will be amazing...and it deserves every pray that it got regarding visual graphics...

Anyhow back to the fact that this game was only decent when it comes to gameplay,shooting mechanics,sound quality,voice acting,multiplayer bla bla bla...I cant remember when its the last time i saw so many people making so much hype for a sequel to a game that was only "decent"...

Iam not bashing the game in any way(and if someone thinks so,ill just stop comment in this thread,no prob. just say it)...but i want to know whats the reason behind all this hype for Crysis 2,since it will be less,less inferior regarding graphics to his predecessor...

Avatar image for deactivated-58b6232955e4a
deactivated-58b6232955e4a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-58b6232955e4a
Member since 2006 • 15594 Posts

[QUOTE="THA-TODD-BEAST"]

[QUOTE="Baranga"]

mrbojangles25

Timesplitters is the best console shooter series.
trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts

^ I want Timesplitters back, screw Crysis!

fm_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 fm_coyote
Member since 2003 • 952 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

rhazzy

Why dont you just leave the PC forum all together. You troll every damn thread that shows any welcome for a new pc game thats multi-plat. Nothing you say contributes, nothing you say is backed up by any facts. Nothing you say is ever worth reading.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#41 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
Played the demo on the 360 and i expected to be disappointed which i was. I will download it only to see what it looks like on my PC.
Ondoval

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Ondoval
Member since 2005 • 3103 Posts

Iam not bashing the game in any way(and if someone thinks so,ill just stop comment in this thread,no prob. just say it)...but i want to know whats the reason behind all this hype for Crysis 2,since it will be less,less inferior regarding graphics to his predecessor...

rhazzy

Techniaclly will be better and more advanced than Crysis & Warhead but the gameplay will be worse. I hate the mesh they did with the powers, the lack of real time weapon customization in mp and the downgrade in the mp scale (no vehicles, from 32 to 12 players, no Power Struggle mode). Hell, even the no hotkey to grenades sounds as a horrible design idea.

But I'm still interested in the PC mp demo.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

[QUOTE="Dante2710"]Played the demo on the 360 and i expected to be disappointed which i was. I will download it only to see what it looks like on my PC. rhazzy

Shhhhhhhhhh you might upset some of the Crysis curch adepts...

i doubt there is anyone who will buy Crysis 2 just because of the MP, but i could be wrong :P
Cruxis27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 Cruxis27
Member since 2006 • 2057 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

ionusX

Oh my that cannot possibly be true.
saruman354

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 saruman354
Member since 2004 • 10776 Posts

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Teh_Can

TROLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

In all seriousness though, this is good news. Excited to see how the PC version will look/run.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

Cruxis27

Oh my that cannot possibly be true.

Im not sure where he is getting any of his info but what we do know is that the engine is more optimized this time around, Crytek stated that crysis 2 would run with double the framerate for equal graphical fidelity of the original game.
Avatar image for AtomicBaconBits
AtomicBaconBits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 AtomicBaconBits
Member since 2006 • 8855 Posts

Good.Hopefully it will be better than the 360 one.Even so,I'm not expecting anything; I play Crysis for SP,not MP.Just interested to see how it will look and run when maxed out on my PC.

ralph2190

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ralph2190
Member since 2007 • 705 Posts

ionusX

Hey ionus did you get this info from the same place that said Crysis 2 is 1.5 hours long?

Sorry bro. Sources, or it didn't happen.

Reliable sources, that is.

fm_coyote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 fm_coyote
Member since 2003 • 952 Posts

[QUOTE="fm_coyote"][QUOTE="rhazzy"]

rhazzy

Why dont you just leave the PC forum all together. You troll every damn thread that shows any welcome for a new pc game thats multi-plat. Nothing you say contributes, nothing you say is backed up by any facts. Nothing you say is ever worth reading.

Oh yeah ur supposed to be right or ur comment should be taken seriously by others because of?

Oh wait...i know:

1.You just proved me wrong in ur comment.

2.You did that by coming to the table with valid arguments

3.You did not pick this sentence straight out of ur ass "You troll every damn thread that shows any welcome for a new pc game thats multi-plat." since i do that in every and i mean every thread that shows bla bla bla...

4.You bust out in rage and you vomited a comment like a 10 years old would do...

5.And last but not least you contributed to this thread with ur comment...

Now if i were to say that you are uneducated and you raged like a monkey when her bananas are stolen...would i be right?Would ur comment above would be enough to be considered "fact" when i call you an uneducated monkey??:) I think that "fact" will be enough to back it up...

You did the same nonsense here. http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=27561748&msg_id=327874521#327874521 Facts where given, you stopped posting. Not to mention there clearly are other users and disregard all your posts. Everything you've said above, makes you "cool" Too bad it took 3 edits to try to get it right, or make me look like I'm "mad" *golf clap*