• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Empirefrtw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Empirefrtw
Member since 2006 • 1324 Posts

Just means I will buy it when it price goes down or failing that and it sticks like mw 2 not buy it at all

Ragingbear505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#52 Ragingbear505
Member since 2008 • 819 Posts

Eh, it didn't really look like a first day buy to me anyway. The urban environment isn't as impressive as the jungle, it seems to be offer less in terms of sandbox play, multiplayer looks small and run 'n gun. I mean the whole appeal of the first Crysis was large open environments with multiple ways to approach a situation or having the ability to bypass opposition entirely. With the sequel it seems like there's just a lot of scripted events and corridor shooting, I might wait till it hits 20 to pick it up.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

I've noticed that in the past 20 years, Western European and American kids have been taught in the government run schools to never fight back.

They have been brainwashed into believing that they should just take it, when someone tries to rip them off, charges more money for a product than what it's worth, flies airplanes into buildings , etc.

BUT - - they will attack anyone who DOES try to stand up for themselves.

About 50% of our young people have become wimps.

I will NOT pay 60 dollars for a game, unfortunately though, there will be people with no self respect - who will.

Born_Lucky
I think youre thinking about this way too hard, its a damn video game.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

I honestly don't care, its obvious that development costs are much higher then they were in the past. If you are complaining about this and refuse to buy it because its 10$ more...then please quit PC gaming. While most of us want to have fun, you are part of the problem of why publishers don't take the PC platform seriously.

Mystic-G

Yea cause Crytek took PC gamers so seriously when they decided to go multiplatform because of piracy. That's why publishers don't take the platform seriously, not because we're dumb enough to buy a mainstream game at higher costs.

they wanted to make a console game, if they were so concerned about pc piracy they would just drop it. I think people should calm down a bit. Although their comments of low sales, despite having good sales were funny. They looked at cod4 sales and thought they would have the same success on console, because everyone in the world must love their game.

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Mystic-G
Member since 2006 • 6462 Posts

[QUOTE="Mystic-G"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

I honestly don't care, its obvious that development costs are much higher then they were in the past. If you are complaining about this and refuse to buy it because its 10$ more...then please quit PC gaming. While most of us want to have fun, you are part of the problem of why publishers don't take the PC platform seriously.

TerrorRizzing

Yea cause Crytek took PC gamers so seriously when they decided to go multiplatform because of piracy. That's why publishers don't take the platform seriously, not because we're dumb enough to buy a mainstream game at higher costs.

they wanted to make a console game, if they were so concerned about pc piracy they would just drop it. I think people should calm down a bit. Although their comments of low sales, despite having good sales were funny. They looked at cod4 sales and thought they would have the same success on console, because everyone in the world must love their game.

I just think the thought of PC not being taken seriously because people are quick to call out greed is quite a overstatement at best if not a lie. Piracy, despite how bad or the effect is has on sales, give PC a massively bad reputation. And you just said urself, they went to consoles for higher sales. They're releasing on 360 and PS3, to say they're raising the price on PC is justified is clearly misleading. Rising costs of development will definitely be paid off releasing on all 3 platforms in the first place.

sedium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 sedium
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

I didn't even plan to buy this game, I knew from the begining it'll be really expensive!!

It's too bad these days gamescost more money, but don't put a proper value to their price.. 60$?! how much the console version will cost?! 80$?! 100$?!

If COD:BO will cost that much I won't even consider buying it!!!!

SHAME!!!

lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts

£26.99 on Amazon. Most new releases tend to be around this price, only game I can think of that was sold at the RRP was, and probably still is MW2.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#58 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

PC games have been $50 for a very long time now. The price of video games hasn't caught up with the rate of inflation, either.

Amazon is still selling this for $50, I believe.

Vfanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Vfanek
Member since 2006 • 7719 Posts

£26.99 on Amazon. Most new releases tend to be around this price, only game I can think of that was sold at the RRP was, and probably still is MW2.

lucfonzy
Aren't new games around £40 on Amazon? I haven't bought a game on Amazon since I lived in England (two years ago) so I'm not up to date. I remember new releases being up to £44 in some cases.
Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

To me the issue isn't pricing here. Now if Crysis 2 is $60 on the PC then fair enough BUT that means the console version should be $70 then. There is a clear distinct extra cost with console games in the form of the "console royalty fee" which accounts for that $10 difference. The PC does not have a royalty fee therefore all games on the PC should be at least $10 less.

So yeah if they insist on charging $60 for the PC version that is fine as long as they charge $70 for the console version. Oh and as for this piracy rubbish there is a very clear reason why Crytek went mulitplatform, put simply it's because they could. There is nothing stopping a PC developer from going multiplatform, there is no company willing to bribe a developer to stay PC centric (unlike the consoles which have Sony and MS throwing money all other the place). I believe Crysis sold between 2 - 3 million which is pretty damn good in this day and age. However it doesn't matter, even if Crysis had sold 12 million on the PC you would still be seeing Crysis 2 on the consoles simply because they can.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#61 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
No problem. PC games have cost $60 before, and games back in the day cost around $80. The people complaining about this really need to remind themselves of the rising development costs, especially for Crysis 2, as it's a high-profile release. A lot of yous need to stop the whining, and stop making threads whenever a PC game costs $60.
wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#62 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts
[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

I was browsing EA's store because they're having a sale and I noticed that they listed Crysis 2 for $60. Sorry if old. Hopefully many people on PC won't support this new pricing trend thanks to Call of Dooky. I personally seen nothing about Crysis 2 that can somehow justify it to be $10 more than most other games on the platform.

http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&Locale=en_US&ThemeID=718200&Env=BASE&productID=184052400

Most of the big name pc games are 60 bucks nowadays, PC gamers need to just suck it up and stop whining about it, 10 bucks isn't going to cause you to go bankrupt.
lucfonzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 lucfonzy
Member since 2008 • 1835 Posts
[QUOTE="lucfonzy"]

Vfanek
Aren't new games around £40 on Amazon? I haven't bought a game on Amazon since I lived in England (two years ago) so I'm not up to date. I remember new releases being up to £44 in some cases.

I've never bought a new release on Amazon.co.uk for more than £29.99. (for the pc that is) The majority of new releases are priced between £24.99 and £29.99 on Amazon.co.uk from my experience. I bought AC2 about a week or two after release for £22.99. They also drop the prices very fast, down to about £17.99 or £14.99 and in some cases even lower. My only gripe with Amazon is that their delivery is not as speedy as most other online retailers.
Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Mystic-G

No problem. PC games have cost $60 before, and games back in the day cost around $80. The people complaining about this really need to remind themselves of the rising development costs, especially for Crysis 2, as it's a high-profile release. A lot of yous need to stop the whining, and stop making threads whenever a PC game costs $60.mo0ksi
[QUOTE="Mystic-G"]

I was browsing EA's store because they're having a sale and I noticed that they listed Crysis 2 for $60. Sorry if old. Hopefully many people on PC won't support this new pricing trend thanks to Call of Dooky. I personally seen nothing about Crysis 2 that can somehow justify it to be $10 more than most other games on the platform.

http://eastore.ea.com/DRHM/store?Action=DisplayProductDetailsPage&SiteID=ea&Locale=en_US&ThemeID=718200&Env=BASE&productID=184052400

wizdom

Most of the big name pc games are 60 bucks nowadays, PC gamers need to just suck it up and stop whining about it, 10 bucks isn't going to cause you to go bankrupt.

As other people in the thread have said, then why aren't the console versions $10 more? DX11 support didn't force the previous games before this to cost extra? I love how people always say development costs and yet PC has to suffer because of this unfounded claim and consoles don't.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
deactivated-5b5d7639964d6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 deactivated-5b5d7639964d6
Member since 2008 • 8225 Posts

OMG this is just awesome!

Thanks a lot Activision! :evil: (for starting all this with MW2)

M3tr4nk0
It's not Activision's fault, it's the people who buy the games with these price tags.
UpInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#66 UpInFlames
Member since 2004 • 13301 Posts

[QUOTE="lucfonzy"]

Vfanek

As far back as I can recall (at least for the past 5 years), the vast majority of PC games had the 35 pounds MSRP with Amazon selling them at 25.

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#67 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts

Are we really going to have this type of thread every time this happens? If you're not willing to spend the extra $10 just don't buy it. Again, I refer to how much games in other places cost. All of the games I buy at retail are normally $79 (au) and thats a discount!

I also have to question how long Kevin Van Ord is going to lower PC game scores for this. If it does become a regular aspect for games, which it looks like it is, is he still going to put it in his negative criteria?

biggest_loser

If prices go up in the US they will eventually go up in AU too.

I'm not sure if I like it or not. On one hand, yes inflation has made the dollar worth less, but on the other game companies have a ton more customers than they did 10 years ago.

-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts

Please stop complaining.

Kthanks.

Mystic-G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Mystic-G

Please stop complaining.

Kthanks.

-CheeseEater-

So? Aussie's get exploited, nothing new. Doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand.

Avatar image for mouthforbathory
mouthforbathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#70 mouthforbathory
Member since 2006 • 2114 Posts

Honestly I don't mind paying $60 because yes it's more profit that goes back to the devs and publisher to continue funding PC game development. As long as the product is good and isn't priced more than the console versions, I'm cool with it.