combat arms for mac

This topic is locked from further discussion.

onealarmsushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 onealarmsushi
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Does anyone wish that combat arms could be for the Mac cuz i know i want it to because i have had a mac for years and have never been able to get those game that i just really want to get. Does anyone know how i can contact nexon so i can address this problem to them. I mean a lot of people have macs and the number of people that would use combat arms would increase tremendously. If you agree leave a post.8)
5TeN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 5TeN
Member since 2008 • 182 Posts

well you could run it on bootcamp couldnt you?

But ya I agree that they should have it universal to PC and Mac.

Not sure how to contact nexon though.

-5TeN

nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts

More than 90% of the PC Market is owned by Windows, and its a LOT of work to get the compatibility to work on Macs...I really doubt it'd happen

onealarmsushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 onealarmsushi

well you could run it on bootcamp couldnt you?

But ya I agree that they should have it universal to PC and Mac.

Not sure how to contact nexon though.

-5TeN

5TeN

yeah but how do you get boot camp. i looked at that earlier and could not find a trial version or anything.

kodex1717

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kodex1717
Member since 2005 • 5925 Posts

Boot Camp as a product is now for sale, but you can find the free beta of it online if you look around.

If you've had this same Mac for "years", then you probably have a PowerPC processor. If that's the case, you won't be able to use Boot Camp, though you may be able to run Combat Arms under Wine.

DGFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DGFreak
Member since 2003 • 2234 Posts

Does anyone wish that combat arms could be for the Mac cuz i know i want it to because i have had a mac for years and have never been able to get those game that i just really want to get. Does anyone know how i can contact nexon so i can address this problem to them. I mean a lot of people have macs and the number of people that would use combat arms would increase tremendously. If you agree leave a post.8)onealarmsushi

Not only does a very, very slim market share use macs, but the number of mac users in Korea where the game was made is even more miniscule. Nexon would laugh in your face at the suggestion.

IceCreamMan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 IceCreamMan007

If you've had this same Mac for "years", then you probably have a PowerPC processor. If that's the case, you won't be able to use Boot Camp, though you may be able to run Combat Arms under Wine.
kodex1717

yeah, what is Wine??? and how do you get it?  

and yeah, it's a GREAT IDEA!!! I NEED COMBAT ARMS FOR MY MAC!!!!:cry: 

nicknees93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 nicknees93
Member since 2005 • 3250 Posts
its hard for programmers to program for mac.
IceCreamMan007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 IceCreamMan007
how about Boot Camp???
JynXcat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 JynXcat
Member since 2008 • 84 Posts

tooo ur luckk...combat arms isnt that fun xDD

JOEYPANTS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 JOEYPANTS77
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
If you like FPS games it is really fun!!!! I have been playing for about a month now and i am still having fun... I just wish my friends with a mac could play....
PlayingBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PlayingBeyond
Unless this forum was 1 year ago Mac Has around 20% market share ok maybe like 18% I wish Combat Arms/Nerds was for MAC!!!
PlayingBeyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PlayingBeyond

80% of computers are PCs

Still not enough for them to port it.

Just get BootCamp and play all the games we can play =)

Sorry I'm new to this website

iowastate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#15 iowastate
Member since 2004 • 7922 Posts

If you have an Intel Mac you can run boot camp. If you have a Powerpc you can run Mac OS only and also are very limited in your games.

Even at the Macgamestore you have to check the requirements because many of the new games require an Intelmac.

So if you have a fairly new Mac and can run windows you can play pc games.

You must have Leopard to install Boot camp and Leopard now comes with a boot camp set up assistant and supports Vista and Windows XP.

Kaymeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Kaymeon
I totally agree i have a mac and nothing else and i rlly want to play combat arms
Falcon87456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Falcon87456
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I know this is an old forum, but I am putting this down for anyone that stumbles upon it. 1. It is hard to port a game to Mac, but wrapping it with a program like cider is simple. Google Cider for Mac. 2. Boot Camp is a free utility found in the /applications/utilites/ folder of all intel macs. It helps you dual boot and install drivers for windows xp, vista, and 7. Using it legally requires a purchased copy of windows, which is very pricey. 3. Wine, and programs similar to it, like Darwine, are normally glitchy and unstable when running windows applications. Sometimes wine will fail to install a program, and setting it up requires use of the command line, difficult for many people. 4. Programming for Mac is very simple. You can build straight .C files and compile them from the command line with GCC, or you can use Apple's two programming languages, objective-c and Cocoa, and use apple's xcode developer program, with a gui compiler, and Interface Builder, a gui to design simple user interfaces.