Mabey25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Mabey25
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

A couple of months ago it was fine and I could play online but after I got new internet(BT infinity) only my PC can't play games online(my switch and xbox work). I have been trying to play games like arma 3, rust and cod WAW. I keep getting errors like "steam authentication failed" and "lost connection to host" and "timed out". I have tried disabling windows firewall but nothing works. What could I do?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@mabey25 said:

A couple of months ago it was fine and I could play online but after I got new internet(BT infinity) only my PC can't play games online(my switch and xbox work). I have been trying to play games like arma 3, rust and cod WAW. I keep getting errors like "steam authentication failed" and "lost connection to host" and "timed out". I have tried disabling windows firewall but nothing works. What could I do?

Update Windows, drivers and BIOS. And please tell me you're not gaming on some poor latency WIFI

Mabey25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mabey25
Member since 2017 • 3 Posts

Poor latency? My mb/s average is above 25 and I have low ping

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@mabey25 said:

Poor latency? My mb/s average is above 25 and I have low ping

That isn't fast at all.

Rdd2Tech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Rdd2Tech
Member since 2017 • 2 Posts

Check for updates for your PC since you got new internet

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@mabey25 said:

First question: does the internet actually work on the PC? like can you go to YouTube and stream a video smoothly?