BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

ASUS is in full scumbag mode and they deserve to be boycotted. Do not buy their products. I didn't like some of the shit they were doing like charging significantly more than everybody else for their ROG Strix GPUs, but this is some next level scumbaggery.....

Releasing shit products and then not supporting the products and the customers properly is absolutely disgusting behaviour. They are doing a lot of shady shit with their BIOS updates, warranties, and returns. They are basically fucking over their customers in every way possible. I currently have an ASUS TUF motherboard and an ASUS laptop, but my next build will not have ASUS. The shit they are doing is unacceptable and they need to be punished for it. Boycott these mother fuckers.

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

oh no... anyhow....

Avatar image for blaznwiipspman1
blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By blaznwiipspman1
Member since 2007 • 16539 Posts

@BassMan: heck no, asus is amazing. The ROG ally looks mind blowing, heck yeah.

And why are you being so surprised, every company does these kinds of things....I actually remember buying pc parts 20 years ago and asus was still a newish company around 10 years old back then. Their brand was still new and they cared about reputation. Now they're a 30 year old company and built a solid reputation. But this is common for all companies....blame customers who build a preference for a brand and never try something new.

I try not to do this...just an example, I bought some shirts from walmart online instead of amazon, and the 3rd party sellers sent me the wrong items. Most people would get pissed off and never buy from walmart online again, but not me...im going to shop with them again, heck yeah. Competition is amazing, it always brings benefits.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BassMan

@blaznwiipspman1: So, a company that sells motherboards with backwards capacitors that cause fires and they try to cover it up instead of generating awareness with a proper recall is amazing? A company that sells motherboards that fry your CPU and other components is amazing? A company that releases BIOS updates that don't fix the issue is amazing? A company that tries to screw buyers out of their warranty is amazing? A company that overprices their GPUs and then severely limits availability of their cheaper variants is amazing? A company that doesn't give a fuk about their customers is amazing?

WTF is wrong with you? Would you think MS was amazing if they handled issues like the Red Ring of Death like this?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BassMan

@girlusocrazy: Yup, and EVGA with their GPUs as well.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@BassMan: Literally every company does this. If they admitted the problem and went for a recall, they'd have to refund every one of their hipster customers $10k gaming rigs then file for bankruptcy.

Personally I usually just go with gigabyte or whatever is cheapest for the form factor I like. The best part about cheap products is they're well tested and lack features. You don't need to worry about frying your cpu from a part that has been tested to hell and back over the decades. It's why Toyota still uses drum brakes on their cars, and smart people always buying corolla because they don't have to deal with issues.

Next time buy the cheaper product, don't get so butt hurt either, it's not good for you.

Anyways, Asus still amazing the rog ally is literally insanely amazing heck yeah

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BassMan

@blaznwiipspman1: You are a clown. You have the dumbest takes.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#9 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

interesting... I used to buy Asus stuff, had a Asus motherboard and laptop just like Bassman here but I switched to Gigabyte for my motherboard the last couple builds, and now have a Dell laptop. I've never bought Asus GPUs

so I can say that I am Asus free.

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2453 Posts

MSI ftw

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 blaznwiipspman1

@BassMan: coming from the guy bashing handhelds for not being on the level of a full gaming pc...🤡

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 BassMan

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@BassMan: coming from the guy bashing handhelds for not being on the level of a full gaming pc...🤡

Damn right. Remember, it is not that I expect them to be on the level of a full gaming PC. I bash them because the quality they deliver just isn't good enough.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56103 Posts

Saw this the other day from both Jayz & Steve regarding Asus. At the time I wanted to upgrade my latest CPU with my 5900X, I thought about picking up Asus MB but decided to go with Asrock as they have got way better with their MB and I'm rocking with the Steel Legend and so far, no problems and it overclocks well for my 5900X. Just glad I never gave Asus my money lol.

Never thought I'd see the day Asus went anti-consumer but the funny thing is, they've changed the wording on the Bios page now after catching flack for this after GamerNexus exposed Asus's dirty laundry. Still, it shows just how anti-consumer Asus is as a company. They make good products for the most part, but if anything goes wrong it's your problem, not theirs which is beyond stupid as it was Asus who put out the Bios in the first place, not a 3rd-party. This is true about most brands now, unfortunately, and it is sad it wasn't the consumer's fault.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

That's sad. I chose Asus boards for my first 2 builds, willingly sacrificing performance for reliability, and now look at them.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BassMan

Looks like ASUS is responding to the backlash...

https://www.pcgamer.com/asus-extends-am5-motherboard-warranty-to-cover-beta-bioses-and-memory-overclocking-presets/

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BassMan

@girlusocrazy said:

@BassMan: That's good, but it's unfortunate they only reacted when pressured and not because they were pro-active.

Yup. A very shady company indeed.

ThatForumUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#18 ThatForumUser
Member since 2019 • 701 Posts

Microsoft Xbox believe in asus - the best company to partner with bc they make strong hard ware for decades. A lot of tech experts going to tell you this and the company staying strong look at stock value. Hard ware spec is strong this can be like the portable Xbox SeX and coming with game pass too so this is better value of steam deck - you get Windows 11 the best operating sys and 1000 games guys in the box. Powerful urge to buy but Xbox is making official Surface Xbox SeX gaming format soon I am going to wait.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 BassMan

@thatforumuser: If you say so Shill-bot.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

I never had issues with Asus, got several motherboard from them and currently own one ATM, I once had to send tablet back at them - deliver guy came within a week and I got it back the week afterwards.

Yes their product usually pricy over other brands but hey it's their decision you're not forced to buy them thank god there're plenty of rivals.

If anything I say boycott Nvidia with their GPU prices but then again they're the leading GPU so they can do whatever they want if the customers are willing to pay, I guess why not.

Regarding the Asus claims I guess they need to change the CEO or something if they stagger a lot of bad reviews and complains that increased over the time.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

I should have seen this earlier.. Got issues with a new ASUS mobo.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#22 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@BassMan: Literally every company does this. If they admitted the problem and went for a recall, they'd have to refund every one of their hipster customers $10k gaming rigs then file for bankruptcy.

Personally I usually just go with gigabyte or whatever is cheapest for the form factor I like. The best part about cheap products is they're well tested and lack features. You don't need to worry about frying your cpu from a part that has been tested to hell and back over the decades. It's why Toyota still uses drum brakes on their cars, and smart people always buying corolla because they don't have to deal with issues.

Next time buy the cheaper product, don't get so butt hurt either, it's not good for you.

Anyways, Asus still amazing the rog ally is literally insanely amazing heck yeah

I don't know why you're defending ASUS...

...and disc brakes have been around so long, and their advantages over drums are many, your analogy is idiotic.

Also, shaming people for buying premium? C'mon, man...

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BassMan

@mrbojangles25 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

I don't know why you're defending ASUS...

...and disc brakes have been around so long, and their advantages over drums are many, your analogy is idiotic.

Also, shaming people for buying premium? C'mon, man...

Haters gonna hate. Especially when they are dumb fanboys.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By blaznwiipspman1

@mrbojangles25: Toyota still uses drum brakes because of how reliable they are. The entire industry moved to disc brakes but Toyota is like the Nintendo of the automotive world, cheaping out on 50 year old tech. But heck, that's why we love Toyota/Nintendo and their reliable products. Nintendo selling 480p graphics in 2023 but delivering mind boggling gaming experiences with games like totk no bugs at launch. Meanwhile everyone else is delivering hot mess of games that are completely broken, but hey they look pretty right?

I'm not shaming people for buying premium, but its known that new cutting edge features on premium products aren't as well tested as the standard parts on cheaper products. This is circling back to the drum brakes analogy again. I thank bassman, he's going to make these new tech more affordable and reliable for the rest of us.

I think Toyota stopped using drum brakes on the corolla but still use it on the Tacoma.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38854 Posts

well my rx6800 is an asus tuf so it is what it is.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#26 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@mrbojangles25: Toyota still uses drum brakes because of how reliable they are. The entire industry moved to disc brakes but Toyota is like the Nintendo of the automotive world, cheaping out on 50 year old tech. But heck, that's why we love Toyota/Nintendo and their reliable products....

Nintendo can get away with that because it's fine to use old, cute, retro technology on a handheld toy-console. That's fine. Nobody dies because your console's joysticks stop working or your resolution isn't that high.

But when you're driving a vehicle that can be deadly to both yourself and others if it isn't using tried and true technology and abandons outdated tech in favor of better stuff, that's an issue.

Now, drum brakes aren't terrible, but disc brakes (especially in a truck that might be used for towing) are better. Toyota uses drums in the rear because it's cheaper and, arguably, slightly more reliable considering front brakes take the majority of braking load (which is also why they use discs up front and not drums!).

But to state that disc brakes are some cutting-edge technology that is unproven like ASUS has doneis just plain wrong. There is no comparison here to ASUS.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

@mrbojangles25: Toyota still uses drum brakes because of how reliable they are. The entire industry moved to disc brakes but Toyota is like the Nintendo of the automotive world, cheaping out on 50 year old tech. But heck, that's why we love Toyota/Nintendo and their reliable products....

Nintendo can get away with that because it's fine to use old, cute, retro technology on a handheld toy-console. That's fine. Nobody dies because your console's joysticks stop working or your resolution isn't that high.

But when you're driving a vehicle that can be deadly to both yourself and others if it isn't using tried and true technology and abandons outdated tech in favor of better stuff, that's an issue.

Now, drum brakes aren't terrible, but disc brakes (especially in a truck that might be used for towing) are better. Toyota uses drums in the rear because it's cheaper and, arguably, slightly more reliable considering front brakes take the majority of braking load (which is also why they use discs up front and not drums!).

But to state that disc brakes are some cutting-edge technology that is unproven like ASUS has doneis just plain wrong. There is no comparison here to ASUS.

Drum brakes are less prone to rust, aren't they? I see electric cars sometimes have them on the rear wheels.

Anyhow to be more on topic. I think it was ASUS mobo that gave me issues with configuring Win 11 while installing it.

blaznwiipspman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blaznwiipspman1

@mrbojangles25 said:
@blaznwiipspman1 said:

Ok, so I know disc brakes are proven tech but you should get the point either way. How is it wrong?? I bet you that it was only asus high end mobos that had the issues. Their base mobos and microatx mobos probably are completely fine. Manufacturers are far less likely to take big risks on new and latest features in mass production high volume stuff. Whether its the corolla, the nintendo switch or the asus mobos, the principle is the same.