Black Ops 2 Graphics?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 SystemsGO
Member since 2011 • 1285 Posts

So how are the graphics in Black Ops 2? Was it really a leap from Modern Warfare 3, and does DX11 make that much of a difference from a comparative standpoint? Does anyone have any decent console vs PC comparisons they'd like to share?

jakes456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 jakes456
Member since 2011 • 1398 Posts

it looks the same as the last 3 games. Do you really have to ask this question?

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 HyperWarlock
Member since 2011 • 3295 Posts

In order to maintain 60 FPS on consoles, the graphics have to be pretty toned down. It still looks good though, I have no problems with it.

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Best looking game in the series. Treyarch and IW use different engine branches.

BLOPS2 has the best faces in gaming except LA Noire. The levels are much bigger than before. It has a nice Bokeh filter and TXAA. It's very well optimised.

You can see the gigantic budget in every frame. There's an astonishing amount of varied art assets.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 alan_carter
Member since 2009 • 1404 Posts
lol there's lot of truth in jakes gs profile "Some people just don't have opinions. Like jakes456."
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 HyperWarlock

lol there's lot of truth in jakes gs profile "Some people just don't have opinions. Like jakes456."alan_carter

If you look back at his first posts here on GS, he wasn't anywhere near as bad as he is now, I wonder what happened.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alan_carter

[QUOTE="alan_carter"]lol there's lot of truth in jakes gs profile "Some people just don't have opinions. Like jakes456."HyperWarlock

If you look back at his first posts here on GS, he wasn't anywhere near as bad as he is now, I wonder what happened.

I've never seen a rational post of him.
PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts
It's running on ancient tech, so don't be too critical.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="alan_carter"]lol there's lot of truth in jakes gs profile "Some people just don't have opinions. Like jakes456."alan_carter

I've never seen a rational post of him.

He hashes every game in every thread, its just an act. They just need to ban him already.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Best graphics in the series, but still looks like it belongs on consoles.

8-Bitterness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 8-Bitterness
Member since 2009 • 3707 Posts
Looks fine, they're games not movies. (Don't even play BO2 but I'm sure it's as good as BO1)
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 HyperWarlock

Looks fine, they're games not movies. (Don't even play BO2 but I'm sure it's as good as BO1)8-Bitterness

Besides perhaps the zombies, it's better in every way.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Looks okay, runs smoothly so I can't be too critical, but it looks better than CS:GO IMO.
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
Not as amazing as BF3, but still the best CoD game ive seen yet.
nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#16 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Quite good looking actually, character models in particular. Clean futuristic environments. It's not a major leap over previous games but considering it runs liquid smooth and has quite good visual direction I think it can be appreciated on the visual scale.
GamerZem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 GamerZem
Member since 2012 • 526 Posts

It's CoD. The graphics have barelychanged from the previous Black Ops.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

It's CoD. The graphics have barelychanged from the previous Black Ops.

GamerZem
I can barely tell if there is a graphics improvement from World at War...
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Anyone who says it looks the same as before is flat out lying. The game is leaps and bounds better than the older CoDs, it's still a little rough compared to it's rivals but it is a huge improvement in the series and hard to think it's the same old engine. There are times when it looks really great. And this is coming from a guy who is a bit of a battlefield fandboy

Not only that but I never go below 100 fps in game and that's quite something. Makes it a pure joy to play

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 SystemsGO

Anyone who says it looks the same as before is flat out lying. The game is leaps and bounds better than the older CoDs, it's still a little rough compared to it's rivals but it is a huge improvement in the series and hard to think it's the same old engine. There are times when it looks really great. And this is coming from a guy who is a bit of a battlefield fandboy

Not only that but I never go below 100 fps in game and that's quite something. Makes it a pure joy to play

seanmcloughlin

Thanks everyone for the honest replies. As for you, SeanMcloughlin, your reply meant the most, as I believe we're pretty familiar with each other and I'm well aware of your fanboyism, for you to offer anything decent about this game makes me rethink your character that I once questioned. You're obviously not as close minded as I thought you were. Thanks for that, I'll probably be picking it up in December, keep us up to date with the "hacking" situation until then, because it could make or break me.

SystemsGO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SystemsGO

seanmcloughlin

Thanks everyone for the honest replies. As for you, SeanMcloughlin, your reply meant the most, as I believe we're pretty familiar with each other and I'm well aware of your fanboyism, for you to offer anything decent about this game makes me rethink your character that I once questioned. You're obviously not as close minded as I thought you were. Thanks for that, I'll probably be picking it up in December, keep us up to date with the "hacking" situation until then, because it could make or break me.

Syfadious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Syfadious
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Yeah it really is quite a lot better than previous CoD entries. The engine is dated but I'm impressed by how much quality they're squeezing out of it, not to mention how well optimized it is. Some parts of the campaign look damn good.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Looks pretty darn good for an engine that is so old...

Black-Ops-2-screenshots-7.jpg

call_of_duty_black_ops_2_57_605x.jpg

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

FelipeInside

Don't be fooled. Like all Cods the objects and debris don't have pop to them, you can walk across pebbles on the floor and they would be flat.

They make the most $$ every year, but what puzzles me is where does all the budget go after marketting. I mean they don't have to create a new engine just slap on new textures to the old q3 and boom a new game. I guess it all went to Kotick and the owners, and didn't pay the workers the fair amount like the IW peeps that left. Alright I am just assuming, but seriously where does all the money go? All their games is 6 hours long for crying outloud plus all the extras $$ profit on DLC.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

Bikouchu35

Don't be fooled. Like all Cods the objects and debris don't have pop to them, you can walk across pebbles on the floor and they would be flat.

They make the most $$ every year, but what puzzles me is where does all the budget go after marketting. I mean they don't have to create a new engine just slap on new textures to the old q3 and boom a new game. I guess it all went to Kotick and the owners, and didn't pay the workers the fair amount like the IW peeps that left. Alright I am just assuming, but seriously where does all the money go? All their games is 6 hours long for crying outloud plus all the extras $$ profit on DLC.

Their games are 6 hours long + the MP + Zombies. And Marketing is pretty expensive stuff....they go all out. They got Robert Downey Jr. for the commercial for example, him alone would have cost them a couple of million.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

SystemsGO

Exactly. Anyone who's even remotely familiar with my posting here knows I was all about BF3 and hated anything CoD. But this one looked good and I decided to try it and i'm very pleasantly surprised. It looks great and plays great. Here are some of my shots to show the proper in game visuals, the DOF and character models are the highlight.

t6sp2012111619363873.pngt6sp2012111619405783.pngt6sp2012111619581790.pngt6sp2012111715413025.png

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

Bikouchu35

A huge amount of money goes into marketing and advertising. Just look at the people in their ads. Also they have to pay musicians to score it and Voice actors to voice it. And the voice actors are actual actors so they aren't cheap. Then they make really good special edition packs of the games.

There is a lot more that goes on besides just making the game. Maybe if they were to upgrade the engine they couldn't actually afford it cos all the money goes elsewhere so there is nothing left over to push the engine further. Could be they don't want to but assuming gets us nowhere.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Jebus213

FelipeInside
It looks pretty damn horrible when you're not using downsampled images touched up in photoshop.
HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 HyperWarlock

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

Jebus213

It looks pretty damn horrible when you're not using downsampled images touched up in photoshop.

I'm playing it right now, it looks great.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Jebus213

[QUOTE="Jebus213"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"]

HyperWarlock

lol it looks like a game from 2007...
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Jebus, you must have missed a few options, that can't be the absolute lowest.
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Jebus213
Jebus, you must have missed a few options, that can't be the absolute lowest.DanielDust
Same settings:
SharkheadHD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SharkheadHD
Member since 2012 • 227 Posts

So how are the graphics in Black Ops 2? Was it really a leap from Modern Warfare 3, and does DX11 make that much of a difference from a comparative standpoint? Does anyone have any decent console vs PC comparisons they'd like to share?

SystemsGO
Same as usual.
alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 alan_carter

You all haters probably have aged worse than cod engine!

HyperWarlock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 HyperWarlock

[QUOTE="HyperWarlock"]

[QUOTE="Jebus213"] It looks pretty damn horrible when you're not using downsampled images touched up in photoshop.Jebus213

lol it looks like a game from 2007...

Who cares? I'm enjoying it and that's all that matters.

alan_carter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 alan_carter

2007 was a really good year for gaming

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 FelipeInside
All I see is QQQQQQQQQQQ Uhhhh, the engine is so old. Please. I don't think any other engine that old has aged as gracefully as the CoD one, which makes the game look better each year with the same technology. Black Ops 2 looks great, the best looking CoD so far. The game is fun, even though it's the same with a few extra things added to it, and you get value for money since you get 3 games in one. Ignore the haters.
kriggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#38 kriggy
Member since 2008 • 1314 Posts

The most noticable thing about the graphics in Black Ops 2 are the lightning effects. They are the best in the series and awesome imo!

Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#39 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
Game looks stunning considering how old the engine is. There are just tons of people that will hate CoD no matter what.
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

I don't think any other engine that old has aged as gracefully as the CoD one, which makes the game look better each year with the same technology.FelipeInside

Are people not aware you can upgrade parts of the engine, which both IW and Treyarch have been doing, and that both of those teams use two seperate builds? It's not the same technology.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I don't think any other engine that old has aged as gracefully as the CoD one, which makes the game look better each year with the same technology.ChubbyGuy40

Are people not aware you can upgrade parts of the engine, which both IW and Treyarch have been doing, and that both of those teams use two seperate builds? It's not the same technology.

No, people are not aware. All I head is everyone saying, "It's the same ugly engine", blah blah blah. All they need to do is launch COD2 and play, then Blops2 and play and see if they come back and say the same.
SKaREO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42 SKaREO
Member since 2006 • 3161 Posts
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 3: Black Ops 2 nuff said
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
It looks better than what I expected, especially in certain areas of the campaign: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559832147583493998/2038482E35E529EAF22CA2EBC85059DADEA4F9D8/http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/559832147582461495/782C783F53DB72B77975D99FCFB7E18A55B1D703/ It helps that the art direction isn't all brown/grey/etc. like COD 5&7.
psn8214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 psn8214
Member since 2009 • 14930 Posts

It helps that the art direction isn't all brown/grey/etc. like COD 5&7.Zubinen

Yeah, they did a really good job incorporating color into the game. The art direction on whole is far more inspired than any preceding Call of Duty.

somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts
[QUOTE="SKaREO"]Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 3: Black Ops 2 nuff said

the same game with all the same re touched up textures. anyone who says its getting better hasn't stopped paying 60$ a year for the same game.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="somegtalover"][QUOTE="SKaREO"]Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 3: Black Ops 2 nuff said

the same game with all the same re touched up textures. anyone who says its getting better hasn't stopped paying 60$ a year for the same game.

So FIFA13 is the same game with the same re touched up textures of FIFA08 ???
somegtalover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 somegtalover
Member since 2007 • 2700 Posts
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="somegtalover"][QUOTE="SKaREO"]Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare 3: Black Ops 2 nuff said

I don't play sports games but i've always looked at them that way anyways.. I'd rather go play NFL blitz on ps2 than any new madden.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="somegtalover"] the same game with all the same re touched up textures. anyone who says its getting better hasn't stopped paying 60$ a year for the same game.somegtalover

I don't play sports games but i've always looked at them that way anyways.. I'd rather go play NFL blitz on ps2 than any new madden.

And there you have it, that's the reason right there why so many people say it's all the same....cause they look at some gameplay footage and go "blah blah blah it's the same game blah blah blah"

I play every FIFA every year.... maybe for more than 100 hours and an average of 300+ games online. The difference between FIFA08 and FIFA13 are astronomical, even though it's still football.

Now, CoDs are similar between the versions...but if u play COD2 right now and then Black Ops 2, u'll see they are pretty different.

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#49 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
I checked out Black Ops 2 at my friend's place today and the graphics were slightly improved in certain areas, and more noticeable in others. Nothing significant. Many areas still have low-res textures and such but that's to be expected from this old engine.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b19dc46a4767
deactivated-5b19dc46a4767

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#50 deactivated-5b19dc46a4767
Member since 2012 • 118 Posts

My laptop maxes out Black OPs II. I gotta say the graphics is two times better than console versions. MW3 graphics look more blurry and less sharp than Black

Ops II. The graphics in Black Ops II is the best in the series. It is quite beautiful to be honest...