Bioshock Infinite Reviews are trickling in... Gamespot review is up!

• 171 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 0

#101 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
To be honest I didn't find the first Bioshock to be spectacular, but dunno, this game kind of looks interesting. Problem is, I'm short of money I don't know if I can buy this or not.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#102 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
And 28 reviews up in total Remarkable showing. It's been a while since a game received such high praise. Well, other than Dark Souls. :P
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#103 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

Looking good, I'm still going to wait for community reactions from skeptics of the first Bioshock before I make the plunge. The gameplay does look a bit better from the videos I've seen but I'm still not completely convinced. 

SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#104 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts
Yeah I'm predordering it, but I can't decide form where. I already have XCOM and SpecOps, and am not really interested in the original Bioshock so none of the bonuses are really great for me. Amazon with the 2K credit I already have all the games I want from 2K atm and it wont count for the season pass. At least with Steam I can get a tradable copy of XCOM and maybe get a few bucks that way. Decisions, decisions...
Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#105 Brean24
Member since 2007 • 1659 Posts
Looks like I know what I'm getting for my birthday in a few weeks :P
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#106 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

And 28 reviews up in total Remarkable showing. It's been a while since a game received such high praise. Well, other than Dark Souls. :PElann2008

Skyrim had a 94% average on metacritic for PC, thats last I can remember.

Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 Brean24

[QUOTE="Elann2008"] And 28 reviews up in total Remarkable showing. It's been a while since a game received such high praise. Well, other than Dark Souls. :Pkozzy1234

Skyrim had a 94% average on metacritic for PC, thats last I can remember.

It's now at 95% average with 33 reviews. Usually with these kind of games(AAA) the score goes down as more reviews come in, so this game might actually be incredibly awesome.
PcGamingRig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 PcGamingRig
Member since 2009 • 7386 Posts

is this linked in any way to the first two games? or is it completely new?

Brean24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Brean24

is this linked in any way to the first two games? or is it completely new?

PcGamingRig
It's completely new. It takes place in a different time period and setting and has completely different characters. Think of System Shock 2 and Bioshock in terms of relation.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts

Holy hell, some of these reviews are saying it could be the best game of the decade. :o

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 kozzy1234

Reviews sure are looking good.

Just hope this isn't one of those times where I disagree with majoriety of reviewers (ala Skyrim and ala Alpha Protocol).

Oh screw it, I do love a good story and interesting chracters, most the reviews seem to agree they do those things very well. Ill have to bite and get this I think :P

FaustArp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 FaustArp
Member since 2013 • 1036 Posts

I can't wait!  :D

The original Bioshock was one of my favorite games this generation...

Octosius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113 Octosius
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I bloody damn well new it!!!!! I'm gonna play this masterpiece all night long, WOOOOOOOO!

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#114 ShimmerMan
Member since 2008 • 4634 Posts

This is a marketing scam, they're offering a good pre-order deal and then suddenly one day before the game releases all these unknown sites come out with scores of "100". I even received an email from "getgamesnow" where they're boasting about the early review scores and recommended a pre-order. So far this game is looking very over-rated.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

This is a marketing scam, they're offering a good pre-order deal and then suddenly one day before the game releases all these unknown sites come out with scores of "100". I even received an email from "getgamesnow" where they're boasting about the early review scores and recommended a pre-order. So far this game is looking very over-rated.

ShimmerMan

no... not its not

Octosius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#117 Octosius
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

ShimmerMan

That my friend, you plucked from your ass :)

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 attirex
Member since 2007 • 2465 Posts

Well, since this is the GS forums and the tide will turn against this game in about two more posts, let me start and end things by stating that Bioshock Infinite sucks, is overrated, too short, I hate it, worst game ever, piece of crap, console junk, I hate Ken Levine, etc. OK, this thread can be closed.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 chrisrooR

ShimmerMan

Well, since this is the GS forums and the tide will turn against this game in about two more posts, let me start and end things by stating that Bioshock Infinite sucks, is overrated, too short, I hate it, worst game ever, piece of crap, console junk, I hate Ken Levine, etc. OK, this thread can be closed.

attirex
^^These guys work for EA.
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 kozzy1234

ShimmerMan

mmmmmmm, these are not just unknown sites...

- Toronto Sun

- Gamereactor

- Gametrailers

- Gamespot

- Gamesradar

- GameInformer

- Destructiod

- Joystiq

- Eurogamer

- Polygon

- IGN

- PC Gamer

-

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#121 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

[QUOTE="ShimmerMan"]

kozzy1234

- Toronto Sun

- Gamereactor

- Gametrailers

- Gamespot

- Gamesradar

- GameInformer

- Destructiod

- Joystiq

- Eurogamer

- Polygon

- IGN

- PC Gamer

-

Why are you responding to an obvious troll?

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="ShimmerMan"]

Wasdie

- Toronto Sun

- Gamereactor

- Gametrailers

- Gamespot

- Gamesradar

- GameInformer

- Destructiod

- Joystiq

- Eurogamer

- Polygon

- IGN

- PC Gamer

-

It is a forum and the point is to post :?

Trolls need some love to

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 chrisrooR

Guys....I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time. The screenshots people have posted so far look breathtaking. Now Run Toaster.exe

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 with_teeth26

I watched another review and the gameplay looks pretty good, weapons sound powerful and enemies go flying when shot/blasted. 

Getting pretty tempted, but none of the pre-order deals are very appealing to me since I already have Xcom and all the other games various sites are offering as bonuses. 

Might get it on GMG for the 14 dollar discount and give the bonus games away. 

kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 kozzy1234

I watched another review and the gameplay looks pretty good, weapons sound powerful and enemies go flying when shot/blasted. 

Getting pretty tempted, but none of the pre-order deals are very appealing to me since I already have Xcom and all the other games various sites are offering as bonuses. 

with_teeth26

Can always trade the games you already own (I have done this in the past for extra copeis of preordered games). Or you can get it from cdkeyhouse for $40

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#126 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts
Of course it was going to be good. Something would have had to go terribly wrong with 4 years in development at a studio that made Bioshock 1 for it to be bad. Im just glad it appears to be even better than I expected. I cant wait to play this one.
Avatar image for deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 deactivated-5cf4b2c19c4ab
Member since 2008 • 17476 Posts
Sucks I still have to wait 8 hours when other people are already playing it :(
klusps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#128 klusps
Member since 2005 • 10386 Posts

One of my friends on Steam is already playing it using vpn but that is took risky. I don't want to lose all 194 of my games just to play a games a couple hours before launch. 

Masculus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Masculus
Member since 2009 • 2878 Posts

Can't say the Gamespot review was very informative, it was more like an extend preview than anything else. From what I could gather in EG, the combat is good (not remarkable), depends much on movement wich is a good thing. I wonder what they mean with leaner, I'm quite frankly bored with hand-holding progression if that's what it means.

bonafidetk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#130 bonafidetk
Member since 2004 • 3911 Posts

One of my friends on Steam is already playing it using vpn but that is took risky. I don't want to lose all 194 of my games just to play a games a couple hours before launch. 

klusps
I used VPN a bunch of times on steam pre-orders over the years. Nothing happened to me.
Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 Miroku32
Got it from GMG along with Mafia 2. As soon as I can I'll start downloading it.
Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Got it from GMG along with Mafia 2. As soon as I can I'll start downloading it. Miroku32
Nice man. :) You bit the bullet. hehe
with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 with_teeth26

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

kozzy1234

Can always trade the games you already own (I have done this in the past for extra copeis of preordered games). Or you can get it from cdkeyhouse for $40

Never heard of this site, have you used them in the past?

For 40 dollars Im sold

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 Miroku32
[QUOTE="Miroku32"]Got it from GMG along with Mafia 2. As soon as I can I'll start downloading it. Elann2008
Nice man. :) You bit the bullet. hehe

Yeah. The offer was too tempting for miss it. :P
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 kozzy1234

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="with_teeth26"]

with_teeth26

Never heard of this site, have you used them in the past?

For 40 dollars Im sold

Yup, used it for myself twice and also another time got a friend a game there as I owed him a new game (he got me one before).

Sometimes you don't get the serial as fast as other places, so might nto be able to preload it but at 20$ cheaper then other places, its something I don't mind :P

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 with_teeth26

Yup, used it for myself twice and also another time got a friend a game there as I owed him a new game (he got me one before).

Sometimes you don't get the serial as fast as other places, so might nto be able to preload it but at 20$ cheaper then other places, its something I don't mind :P

kozzy1234

alright I went for it, thanks for the heads up!

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 ShimmerMan

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

[QUOTE="ShimmerMan"]

Wasdie

- Toronto Sun

- Gamereactor

- Gametrailers

- Gamespot

- Gamesradar

- GameInformer

- Destructiod

- Joystiq

- Eurogamer

- Polygon

- IGN

- PC Gamer

-

I am a troll? haha I've seen your taste in video games already and that's trolling in itself.. You don't know anything about good games, you're not an OG like me son.

Just give it a few more days and wait till the metacritic score plummets and you'll see people making threads "QQ Bioshock Infinite has bad graphics" "QQ it's not an RPG" etc.

There's not a chance in heck that this game here is worth "100/100" and yet so many early reviews scored the game "100" IE PERFECT score.. Why is this?

Eurogamer Portugal

Machinima

Toronto Sun

Gamereactor Denmark

games(TM)

Telegraph

gameblog.fr

Ausgamers

Gamesradar

gameinformer

The escapist

Gamer.NL

Gamereactor

Sweden Eurogamer

Sweden Polygon

Who are most of these people? and why are they dishing out scores of 100/100? notice all the well known publications don't have scores of 100? Ie Gamespot = 9.0, Edge = 9.0, Pc Gamer 9.1... All these unknown sites which have happily dished out a score of 100/100 have inflated the metacritic score of this game heavily (marketting strategy). I think this game will be good (for people who like Bioshock) but nothing more.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 chrisrooR

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

- Toronto Sun

- Gamereactor

- Gametrailers

- Gamespot

- Gamesradar

- GameInformer

- Destructiod

- Joystiq

- Eurogamer

- Polygon

- IGN

- PC Gamer

-

ShimmerMan

I am a troll? haha I've seen your taste in video games already and that's trolling in itself.. You don't know anything about good games, you're not an OG like me son.

Just give it a few more days and wait till the metacritic score plummets and you'll see people making threads "QQ Bioshock Infinite has bad graphics" "QQ it's not an RPG" etc.

There's not a chance in heck that this game here is worth "100/100" and yet so many early reviews scored the game "100" IE PERFECT score.. Why is this?

Eurogamer Portugal

Machinima

Toronto Sun

Gamereactor Denmark

games(TM)

Telegraph

gameblog.fr

Ausgamers

Gamesradar

gameinformer

The escapist

Gamer.NL

Gamereactor

Sweden Eurogamer

Sweden Polygon

Who are most of these people? and why are they dishing out scores of 100/100? notice all the well known publications don't have scores of 100? Ie Gamespot = 9.0, Edge = 9.0, Pc Gamer 9.1... All these unknown sites which have happily dished out a score of 100/100 have inflated the metacritic score of this game heavily (marketting strategy). I think this game will be good (for people who like Bioshock) but nothing more.

Well, we'll be here to mock you when you turn out to be wrong.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#139 the_bi99man
Member since 2004 • 11465 Posts

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

[QUOTE="kozzy1234"]

- Toronto Sun

- Gamereactor

- Gametrailers

- Gamespot

- Gamesradar

- GameInformer

- Destructiod

- Joystiq

- Eurogamer

- Polygon

- IGN

- PC Gamer

-

ShimmerMan

Eurogamer Portugal

Machinima

Toronto Sun

Gamereactor Denmark

games(TM)

Telegraph

gameblog.fr

Ausgamers

Gamesradar

gameinformer

The escapist

Gamer.NL

Gamereactor

Sweden Eurogamer

Sweden Polygon

You're trying way too hard, and reading way too much into this.

And who gives a sh!t about a difference between 90/100 and 100/100? Game is boss. That's all that matters.

The_Capitalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 The_Capitalist
Member since 2004 • 10838 Posts

I'm trying to get the Green Man Gaming deal right now, but it seems like the page is hanging. 

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 ShimmerMan

And who gives a sh!t about a difference between 90/100 and 100/100? Game is boss. That's all that matters.

the_bi99man

It's the difference between a game having a metacritic score of 90 and 95.. and ofc it f'ing matters. Btw how do you know this game is "boss" have you actually played through it? from what I've heard this game is easy, even on the most difficult setting. That doesn't sound very BOSS.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 chrisrooR

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

ShimmerMan

It's the difference between a game having a metacritic score of 90 and 95.. and ofc it f'ing matters. Btw how do you know this game is "boss" have you actually played through it? from what I've heard this game is easy, even on the most difficult setting. That doesn't sound very BOSS.

So you're criticizing his opinion because he hasn't played it. Have you? Oh, that's right, you've *heard* the game is easy. Why are you so bent on making this game out to be bad? You're one of the only people (actually, the only person) who's been negative about this game, yet EVERY SINGLE REVIEW says otherwise. And not just to the contrary of what you're saying, but ENTIRELY contrary to what you're saying. And the difference between a 90 and a 95 isn't that big, considering both scores mean the game is a resounding success. That. Makes. It. Boss.
ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 ShimmerMan

[QUOTE="ShimmerMan"]

[QUOTE="the_bi99man"]

chrisrooR

So you're criticizing his opinion because he hasn't played it. Have you? Oh, that's right, you've *heard* the game is easy. Why are you so bent on making this game out to be bad? You're one of the only people (actually, the only person) who's been negative about this game, yet EVERY SINGLE REVIEW says otherwise. And not just to the contrary of what you're saying, but ENTIRELY contrary to what you're saying. And the difference between a 90 and a 95 isn't that big, considering both scores mean the game is a resounding success. That. Makes. It. Boss.

It's Bioshock it was going to be a resounding success. Lets face it that gaming in this era is all about sequels, Bio Shock 123, Ass Creed 12345657 they're all resounding successes. But after the first installment are these games actually any good? Do these games deserve to be getting scores of 100/100 up on metacritic.. Bioshock has never been a series with good "gameplay", why is it being scored so highly, 100/100 sounds likes a completely ridiculous score for a bioshock game. You guys get all hyped up about a game and believe anything and you post your little pictures in the image thread and then come back a few weeks later and you're all crying about the same game you were all getting your panties in a bunch about. "AAhhh this game got old fast" "graphic sux too much bloom" "too eazy" "what a shallow RPG it's nothing compared to Baldur's Gate 2.
Same thing all year round...

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 the_bi99man

Bioshock has never been a series with good "gameplay", why is it being scored so highly, 100/100 sounds likes a completely ridiculous score for a bioshock game.

ShimmerMan

Look at all of these opinions, that can't be conclusively proven one way or the other. 

Also, this proves that you're just clearly not a fan of the bioshock games. Good for you. Play something else. Nobody cares. We all have opinions. Mine happens to be that the original Bioshock is one of the very few games that  does  deserve to be called (nearly) perfect. And based on what I've seen, heard and read, Infinite seems to be better in every way.

ShimmerMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 ShimmerMan

A game which is a FPS where the player can't lose, they respawn in a vita chamber and enemies retain all "damage done".. Yeah it's clearly very close to "perfect".. It's just a mainstream FPS with wackey ideas, nothing more. I get more brain activity from picking my nose and farting then playing Bioshock.

Bieberfan147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 Bieberfan147
Member since 2012 • 106 Posts

A game which is a FPS where the player can't lose, they respawn in a vita chamber and enemies retain all "damage done".. Yeah it's clearly very close to "perfect".. It's just a mainstream FPS with wackey ideas, nothing more. I get more brain activity from picking my nose and farting then playing Bioshock.

ShimmerMan
ikr? Only good games these days are the classics. I miss the good old days of gaming. Last time I can remember a true classics was mayb assasins creed 3 and halo 4. What is a bioshock anyway lol wat a corny name. Im tired of all these classic wanna be clones who see success of other models and try 2 b succes like dem
madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#147 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts
Nice. I'll be buying this at some stage, but right now I've kinda maxed out my monthly budget, and next month's budget's pretty much all gone too. Maybe Steam sales?
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 chrisrooR

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="ShimmerMan"]

ShimmerMan

It's Bioshock it was going to be a resounding success. Lets face it that gaming in this era is all about sequels, Bio Shock 123, Ass Creed 12345657 they're all resounding successes. But after the first installment are these games actually any good? Do these games deserve to be getting scores of 100/100 up on metacritic.. Bioshock has never been a series with good "gameplay", why is it being scored so highly, 100/100 sounds likes a completely ridiculous score for a bioshock game. You guys get all hyped up about a game and believe anything and you post your little pictures in the image thread and then come back a few weeks later and you're all crying about the same game you were all getting your panties in a bunch about. "AAhhh this game got old fast" "graphic sux too much bloom" "too eazy" "what a shallow RPG it's nothing compared to Baldur's Gate 2.
Same thing all year round...

Right, so basically you're just speculating and hating on something because you didn't like the previous titles. We get it, you're an idiot.
the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 the_bi99man

ShimmerMan

For one, you can disable vita-chambers, and I always did.

Two, difficulty isn't what makes a great game. It can help. But it's not all that there is, nor is it even necessary, sometimes.

the_bi99man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 the_bi99man

Nice. I'll be buying this at some stage, but right now I've kinda maxed out my monthly budget, and next month's budget's pretty much all gone too. Maybe Steam sales?madrocketeer

Have you checked out the various preorder deals? GMG's is still going on (i assume, if you're in the US, since it's not quite out yet). You can get Infinite, with Bioshock 1, and Xcom: EU, plus another game (and one of the options for the other game is bioshock 2, so you can get the whole franchise), PLUS $14 cash back, so it's really only $46. For all that. Awesome deal if you haven't got those games yet. Only reason I didn't abandon my physical copy preorder and go for that is because I already have all those games.