Battlefield 3 vs Call of Duty MW3.

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LUMIN4RY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 LUMIN4RY
Member since 2011 • 416 Posts

I used to be a HUGE CoD fan playing the game since the first one but I also played BF games since the start. I eventually graduated to BF and stopped playing CoD games because I saw them going in the wrong direction, well what I thought was the wrong direction. I disbanded my CoD clan and never looked back.

Why did you stop playing CoD or BF games, if you still play them, why?

Maybe you play both, which side do you choose?

http://www.gamespot.com/ww3?tag=gumballs%3Bimg%3B3

Technomancer82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Technomancer82
Member since 2011 • 215 Posts

I'll be playing both.

I think they are different enough games that you can justify playing both of them.

Especially the multiplayer modes have a very different feel to it, with BF3 vehicles and perhaps a tad bit slower gameplay.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
If I had to choose one battlefield, but I play both.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

i know battlefield will at least fall in price on the pc evenually..

thats where my money sits even if CoD is the better game 9which is a tall order based on the review average of 9.3/10 bf3 has been getting across the web based spectrum.

mw3 need a 9.7 or better to avoid debateable results.

MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

I play both. Unfortunately I do believe that the CoD series took a wrong turn on the PC version, omitting a lot of basic features.. but the gameplay itself is downright FUN. You can experiment with so many different loadouts, and you're not stuck to a certain class or anything when choosing your weapons. This allows for a ton of experimentation. Even after playing the game for hundreds of hours, there are STILL weapons in MW2 that I've barely used. The game is fast-paced, responsive, and the killstreaks are quite addictive.

However, I also enjoy the Battlefield series. And when I say Battlefield I mean BF2 and 2142. I also think DICE took a wrong turn with the series, especially with BC2. The map design was ATROCIOUS. No prone, and the tiny bits of cover between the areas you're funneled through (in rush mode) just let the attackers get slaughtered. And those maps where you parachute in but the enemy is close enough to shoot you out of the air? Who thought that was a good idea?

I played BC1 on console, and even that felt like more of a Battlefield game to me, simply based on the superior map design. It looks like BF3 is headed in the right direction, so we'll see how much I enjoy that.

lambalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 lambalot
Member since 2004 • 1798 Posts

If COD was still like COD1+2 (And United Offense) id still play the series, but they have changed far too much which i hate. Battlefield just keeps getting better though.

xboxmad12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 xboxmad12
Member since 2009 • 575 Posts

Original.

IZoMBiEI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 IZoMBiEI
Member since 2002 • 6477 Posts
I preordered both
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Zubinen
Member since 2011 • 2555 Posts
Both, and for different reasons. BF games I've typically played for vehicles although BF3 has better gun-on-gun than BC2, and also because BF has more fun tactics to use(although they usually make the enemy upset) such as rigging vehicles with explosives or pulling a zero loop: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-wFI9vTqto The other thing I like about BF games is the feeling of being in a full out war rather than the feeling of terrorists vs counter terrorists in COD and I don't feel as pressured to do well when playing BF as in COD so it's rare to feel frustrated in BF games which is a big thing to consider for those with high blood pressure. I'd like for BF3 to do well because it would mean more EA games would use Frostbite 2.0 which has the advantage of having excellent bloom and one of the best unified lighting systems of any engine as well as allowing developers to put out content and create games at a rapid pace(content on FB 2.0 can be created as quickly as on the Gamebyro engine used for Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Fallout: New Vegas, so for example, if EA really wanted, we could have BF 4 and BF 5 within 6 and 12 months from now respectively complete with changes to game mechanics and visuals). With COD, even if I'm extremely busy with school work, I will finish the campaign every time it comes out, on the day of release in a single sitting, but I typically don't get into the multiplayer until I'm less busy(although typically I don't play MP for any game much until Winter or Summer break). When I do play COD it's when I'm in the mood for playing an infantry combat game, essentially what feels like the modern version of arena shooters with game design that is unfortunately unmatched in the arcade FPS genre, and it's also for when I'm in a mood when I don't mind if a game has little PC support(it was actually like this that I realized Transformers: WFC was quite fun on PC despite being a [decent] console port).
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

I still play both franchises because I still find them both fun. If and when one or both of them stop being fun, I'll stop playing.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

User Lists: 1

#11 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
Member since 2008 • 4403 Posts

I only thank CoD for keeping the children and trolls out of the good games.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

realguitarhero5

indeed and for making many SP games like MoH 2010 ez mode (thanks to hp blur)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"]

ionusX

....However, it is very sad to see good friends fall into the hands of Call of Duty. One friend said he would rather get MW3 than BF3 because he "feels more comfortable with it".
SickStench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 SickStench
Member since 2010 • 495 Posts

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

realguitarhero5

....However, it is very sad to see good friends fall into the hands of Call of Duty. One friend said he would rather get MW3 than BF3 because he "feels more comfortable with it".

Why is that sad? It's THEIR personal decision, there is no need to control your friends because you dislike playing a game without them. Let them make your choice, you've made yours and that's Battlefiled, apparently. Is he crying about that on some forum? I highly doubt it.

Either way, removing the childish drivel from the context, I'll be play both games. Why? Both of them bring different things to the table, both of which I like. If I want to play a team based game where I can casually run around for 10 minutes on a giant map, not getting shot at, or shooting at anyone I'll play Battlefield. If I want to play something a little more personally competitive I'll play Call of Duty, unlike BF3, with Call of Duty you, yourself can determine the outcome of the team based play with your sheer dominance.

-CheeseEater-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 -CheeseEater-
Member since 2007 • 5258 Posts
Both.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"][QUOTE="ionusX"]

SickStench

Why is that sad? It's THEIR personal decision, there is no need to control your friends because you dislike playing a game without them. Let them make your choice, you've made yours and that's Battlefiled, apparently. Is he crying about that on some forum? I highly doubt it.

Either way, removing the childish drivel from the context, I'll be play both games. Why? Both of them bring different things to the table, both of which I like. If I want to play a team based game where I can casually run around for 10 minutes on a giant map, not getting shot at, or shooting at anyone I'll play Battlefield. If I want to play something a little more personally competitive I'll play Call of Duty, unlike BF3, with Call of Duty you, yourself can determine the outcome of the team based play with your sheer dominance.

It's sad because I cannot think of a single friend that would have more fun in MW3. And I'm not crying. I'm talking. Also, speaking of childish, describing BF3 the way you did is not honest and you know that. Unless you prefer 4v4 Conquest on large maps...

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#17 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

I enjoy both games, both have different styles, which suites different wants for me.

I enjoy the huge maps of BF, as well as the use of teamwork.

I enjoy the gunplay of COD, as well as the killstreaks and all. I really hope MW3 has a HARDCORE Free For All mode.

When COD is done right like COD4, then it is a great gaming exprience. I probably enjoy COD more in the long run, but I enjoy both franchises. They both have a lot to offer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

well, Ill say it like this:

While I am not exactly a CoD fan, I sort of like the SP campaigns.

In the BF series I havent liked what they tryied to do SP wise, but absolutely loved MP.

So the game which gives me the most fun is BF.

I am going BF3 with this one, I almost know that the SP will be forgotten as fast as I can play it, but the MP will keep me entertained for countless hours.

While I DO have an anti Acti thing going on, I do try to be fair on the games, so while CoD might not really be for me, atleast not MP wise, I can see why people love it, so I will not call it bad by any stretch, oh and it irks me when CoD gets so much credit for for what it does, which is very basic. (but still not the games fault that some people hold it in such a high reguard, and as I said it is a solid game when you view it without the acti politics and such)

mep69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mep69
Member since 2008 • 1926 Posts
[QUOTE="ionusX"]

ye atleasts there is a mode is BF called hardcore mode that accutally lets Medics be Medics. 1 thing i didn't understand in the new cod's is the random automatic shout for medic :/ never got that
MyopicCanadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 MyopicCanadian
Member since 2004 • 8345 Posts

realguitarhero5
Well you certainly sound like a troll to me, so obviously SOME of them still play Battlefield.
slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts
When I read these posts, I find it so ridiculous how people act. As gamers we all have a right to choose what we wanna play, and it shouldn't matter what Joe Schmoo (sry if that's your name) says. I don't care if some prefer BF3 over MW3 or vice versa. You play what you like and that's all that matters. If I choose one over the other, that makes me less of a gamer? If that's what some think then they need to grow up and get a real life. Sorry, but I game for fun not to be judged by childish idiots.
arto1223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 arto1223
Member since 2005 • 4412 Posts

I used to be both. I've always been much more of a BF fan but still enjoyed CoDs 1, 2, and 4 but the later ones are only fun for 1 month then they just piss me off, even when I am doing good and winning. I have purchased them all, but might end up passing on MW3 (just gonna play the SP on a friends PC).

So I went with the BF option on the poll.

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Phoenix534

realguitarhero5

And by saying that you're just as bad as the people you're trying to insult.

Avatar image for mechwarrior_bob
mechwarrior_bob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 mechwarrior_bob
Member since 2006 • 1789 Posts

Battlefield forever since 1942.

I picked up CoD4....loved it and still play it but I have not bought anything previously.

Coming home from work tomorrow for some BF3 GOODNESS and I have no intention on buying MW3.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

Phoenix534

And by saying that you're just as bad as the people you're trying to insult.

Tell me that is not a legitimate point. Well.... maybe it isn't as much on PC, but it is ABSOLUTELY true on console. "What do you want for Christmas?" "Modern Warfare 3!" Believe me, there will be very few 13 year olds asking for RO2 or Mass Effect 3 or Deus Ex or Portal 2 or Diablo III for Christmas. But there will definitely be fewer kids asking for BF3 than MW3.
gunmaster55555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 gunmaster55555
Member since 2009 • 712 Posts

If COD was still like COD1+2 (And United Offense) id still play the series, but they have changed far too much which i hate. Battlefield just keeps getting better though.

lambalot
Pretty much I agree with this. Always enjoyed the COD series (and battlefield being my all time favorite fps) and 4 was good for me to (I actually enjoyed the 3rd one alot to) but after 4 the series went to hell imo. Battlefield well I have always loved battlefield and am very thankful they haven't done the call of duty route (hopefully never will)
CoS_Ethan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 CoS_Ethan
Member since 2011 • 381 Posts

Seems that more people are BF3 fans....:D I think the engine of BF3 is awesome, but MW3 is also

an end of a geat series. So I choose both of them.

Swiftstrike5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 Swiftstrike5
Member since 2005 • 6950 Posts

I only play CoD because of my friends and the zombies game mode. I've spent two years trying to lean them off CoD and onto the BF franchise. Unfortunately, they don't seem to enjoy the objective focused gameplay and only care about their k/d spread... sigh... CoD may have ruined FPS games for the entire decade.

I simply can't stand playing CoD anymore. I enjoyed CoD4/CoD2 (and WaW). I don't know if it was the map design of the newer games or I just grew out of the gameplay style, but I just don't enjoy them anymore.

murekkep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#30 murekkep
Member since 2005 • 758 Posts
Why you keep opening these threads? It's like those stupid "Megadeth vs Metallica" threads on music forums.
slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts
Why you keep opening these threads? It's like those stupid "Megadeth vs Metallica" threads on music forums.murekkep
AMEN! Couldn't agree more. Maybe now that BF3 has been released, these threads will cease till BF4and MW4!
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

I used to be a HUGE CoD fan playing the game since the first one but I also played BF games since the start. I eventually graduated to BF and stopped playing CoD games because I saw them going in the wrong direction, well what I thought was the wrong direction. I disbanded my CoD clan and never looked back.

LUMIN4RY
Oh no....NOT ANOTHER BF vs MW Thread !!!! MY EYES ARE BLEEDING !!!
LUMIN4RY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 LUMIN4RY
Member since 2011 • 416 Posts

[QUOTE="LUMIN4RY"]

FelipeInside

Nice of you to comment in the thread, your input is appreciated.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 FelipeInside

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="LUMIN4RY"]

LUMIN4RY

No worries, glad to be of help. :) It's just that I've seen this thread at least 50 times in the past 3 months.
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts

BF3. If I am in the mood for CoD, I just play Mordern Warfare.

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Zubinen
[QUOTE="LUMIN4RY"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Oh no....NOT ANOTHER BF vs MW Thread !!!! MY EYES ARE BLEEDING !!!FelipeInside

No worries, glad to be of help. :) It's just that I've seen this thread at least 50 times in the past 3 months.

I don't see the big deal really, it's fine to have game x vs game y even if they offer different experiences or if discussions for them have been done to death. The only problem I can see is that discussions here are typically a bit uncivilized as it's a forum with a 95%+ leaning in favor of BF3 but that's the nature of the culture here on the GS PC games board. While discussions on GS PC boards typically amount to accomplishing very little actual discussion, but I can say the following: The Battlefield series began before the COD series did and it wasn't until COD 4 that DICE would have to worry about COD grabbing some of their potential customers, but problem is that COD, in terms of creating a strong single player campaign has yet to drop the ball(DTB) once, and in fact DICE would never of had to worry about COD if it weren't for them DTB such as how they did with Battlefield Vietnam and then later again with every game between Battlefield 2142 and even with BF3 the trend of "as visuals improve, gameplay design suffers" seems to continue, and if it weren't a team based game trying to pull something like this, it wouldn't be nearly as well received, just look at Medal of Honor. The thing I find silly is people try to compare games to convince others one game is strictly superior to the other, this generally doesn't work so well with AAA titles because they wouldn't be produced in the first place if this were actually possible. Fact is, the vast majority of you guys wouldn't even consider MW3 even if it were a product you considered "good" or even "excellent" for whatever reason such as it not having the best PC support or being too competitive rather than team based, etc. The other issue with these discussions being that we're just considering multiplayer which you might say should be the main focus, but for multiplayer it takes a few days if not weeks to make a sound judgement of a game as any serious gamer can tell you and on that note, BF3 is fresh nobody knows it in and out yet and MW3 hasn't even been released yet. At best you can argue about the visuals, and even then, we haven't seen what MW3 looks like on PC, and on consoles BF3 doesn't even match BFBC2 on PC, it's just speculation, of course we wouldn't expect the PC version of MW3 to look nearly as good as BF3 on PC, but it would still look significantly better than any game on consoles. Even then, visuals of AAA titles aren't that far apart for us to make decisions solely upon them, and visuals aren't something that stand the test of time. I can rest assured, every year or so there will always be better looking games, and that for example, there will probably be indie games in 2020 that look significantly better than ARMA III. For gameplay this is different, for example I play through Half Life 1 at least once a year and have done so since it was released and unless there ends up being some way to improve gameplay in a formulaic manner(e.g through computational power or otherwise), we won't be guaranteed that there would be a game y for every game x with x similar to y such that game y is released after game x and necessarily improves upon its gameplay sufficiently for the conclusion "y is strictly greater than x" to be trivial, which in fact is how we would determine whether a particular relation on statements x and y hold in any case, I am merely using the method for generalizing proof of existence of relations on x and y for small cases. In any case, I have already summed up previously in which scenarios I would prefer BF3 and in which scenarios I would prefer MW3, I merely ask that people not invoke some variation of Poe's law too many times, although it is unfortunate that some of these posts with "MW3 keeps the kids away" may actually be serious, it would almost make me weep for humanity, but I say, that's freedom of speech. On that note, I'm not sure why some older gamers make comments about younger people playing video games, I mean that just means they'll probably get to play several more generations of games than you will(assuming you die earlier than they do which is not necessarily the case). That being said, I think I have a better argument than any of you guys for both sides of the coin, and unless you present a rational and coherent argument yourself, I will merely sit here and smirk, muttering "disprove me" :) The typical scenario of course being that I run mental circles around a particular poster often without him/her even realizing it(although to be fair, this in part is due to me not getting into arguments unless I believe I have a case to present) and occasionally(although this hasn't happened on any gaming forums) I will find someone with a better argument than mine in which case I will be very glad to concede and not only that, I will incorporate their argument into my future arguments, which is how any rational and more than half-thinking human being should operate. A few weeks after MW3's release, possibly a bit after my school semester ends I will post an extensive analysis of BF3, MW3, the pros, cons, things that are undecided(due to games potentially being considered an art), how they are similar as well as how they are distinguishable, in which scenario it may make sense to prefer one over the other, some things that may cloud our judgement of both games(a bit of drivel following from my knowledge of human psychology as well as social/psychological aspects of video games), and so on. Don't be mistaken however, I'm not necessarily partial to any particular game or franchise, and in fact, I've played nearly every AAA title released since 1999(since not that many AAA titles are released in a given year) and have found myself able to enjoy nearly all of them. It's simply that I enjoy arguing and especially playing devil's advocate since it's more fun to argue for the position that is more difficult to argue for, and in the case of GS forums which is mostly in favor of BF, I will lean toward COD and on a forum like Somethingawful where the PC gamers lean toward COD, I would lean toward BF. The idea is being able to argue both for and against a position on a topic better than anyone else, or at least, as best you can, regardless of which stance on the position you prefer, or whether you even care about the topic itself.
Avatar image for -tears-run-red-
-tears-run-red-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 -tears-run-red-
Member since 2005 • 617 Posts

LUMIN4RY
I will play both, why limit yourself?
judahstarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 judahstarguy
Member since 2003 • 261 Posts

On PC BF series but skipping this one. On consoles MW.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd

judahstarguy
Of all the ones to skip, why this one?
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="judahstarguy"]

realguitarhero5

Not many people like the beta it seems.... I can't wait, getting my copy tomorrow !!! with FREE PAINTBALL !!! :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-5e7f8a21de9dd
[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"][QUOTE="judahstarguy"]

FelipeInside

Not many people like the beta it seems.... I can't wait, getting my copy tomorrow !!! with FREE PAINTBALL !!! :)

The beta was a build from, like June. Plus, you don't die anywhere near as fast in the full game as you do in the beta.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="realguitarhero5"] Of all the ones to skip, why this one?

The beta was a build from, like June. Plus, you don't die anywhere near as fast in the full game as you do in the beta.

Don't know, I didn't play the beta but I'm sure I will personally enjoy BF3 for both SP and MP....
Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Phoenix534

[QUOTE="realguitarhero5"][QUOTE="judahstarguy"]

FelipeInside

But the final game is a million times better than the three month old build they used for the beta. Like he said, of all the ones to skip, why pick the best one?

Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zubinen

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="realguitarhero5"] Of all the ones to skip, why this one?Phoenix534

But the final game is a million times better than the three month old build they used for the beta. Like he said, of all the ones to skip, why pick the best one?

It's the newest and has the shiniest visuals(best graphics). Design wise it still falls into a lot of the traps that BC2 did, and the BF series in general has almost completely ignored game design in favor of visuals, to the extent that the designers have to worry about resource usage which greatly limits the freedom for level design as you can see, some structures from Caspian Border for example are basically copy and pasted into Grand Bazaar and there are significant changes to combat mechanics right before the game is being released, I believe this says plenty about where the developer's focus is, and it also tells us the gameplay itself was not all that well thought out, considering prone was rather obviously added into the game after maps had been designed as well as the fact that the skill ceiling for the game is very close to the skill floor, i.e, there is no reason for a competition driven player to play this game for very long because while it's slightly harder to learn than some other games, it's not much more difficult to master than it is to learn, what I mean is that the difference between doing "alright" and doing "very well" is very small in terms of effort. That being said, BF3 may have better gameplay than BC2, I might not have played enough to confirm yet, but I am aware from my experience in the beta mostly carries over to the release, aside from BF3 being bug free now. I still prefer BF 2142 when I'm in a mood where graphics don't matter, and I'd much prefer to have seen a BF 2142 2 instead of BF3, but it's a nice compromise.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] Not many people like the beta it seems.... I can't wait, getting my copy tomorrow !!! with FREE PAINTBALL !!! :)Zubinen

It's the newest and has the shiniest visuals(best graphics). Design wise it still falls into a lot of the traps that BC2 did, and the BF series in general has almost completely ignored game design in favor of visuals, to the extent that the designers have to worry about resource usage which greatly limits the freedom for level design as you can see, some structures from Caspian Border for example are basically copy and pasted into Grand Bazaar and there are significant changes to combat mechanics right before the game is being released, I believe this says plenty about where the developer's focus is, and it also tells us the gameplay itself was not all that well thought out, considering prone was rather obviously added into the game after maps had been designed as well as the fact that the skill ceiling for the game is very close to the skill floor, i.e, there is no reason for a competition driven player to play this game for very long because while it's slightly harder to learn than some other games, it's not much more difficult to master than it is to learn, what I mean is that the difference between doing "alright" and doing "very well" is very small in terms of effort. That being said, BF3 may have better gameplay than BC2, I might not have played enough to confirm yet, but I am aware from my experience in the beta mostly carries over to the release, aside from BF3 being bug free now. I still prefer BF 2142 when I'm in a mood where graphics don't matter, and I'd much prefer to have seen a BF 2142 2 instead of BF3, but it's a nice compromise.

uhhhhhh....could it be that the Super Over-Hyped BF3 wasn't all that great as everybody thought and MW3 will be better...??? (this coming from someone who has BOTH on pre-order)
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Zubinen
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] uhhhhhh....could it be that the Super Over-Hyped BF3 wasn't all that great as everybody thought and MW3 will be better...??? (this coming from someone who has BOTH on pre-order)

MW3 will be better design wise in terms of combat mechanics as well as level design, but this is something the COD series has had from the get go. MW3 will probably have the most polished campaign in the COD series. The multiplayer will probably be decent, and while Spec Ops looks promising, I'm a bit skeptical because it's basically like MW2 coop but just the wave-based missions. Even with all this being said, I'm still going to play BF3 after MW3 comes out just as I still played BF 2142 when MW1 AND MW2 came out because aside from being grimdark military jam-on-face arcade style shooters, they don't quite play the same way, so I'd say each suits me depending on my mood. The other thing is that I'm very skeptical of MW3's PC support and although its gameplay is far, far more polished than BF3's, the PC version still won't compare to BF3's graphics, and yes, graphics matter a lot, I admit it, even for me, a long time Dwarf Fortress and text based MUD player. Gameplay seems to be a primary metric for TPS not FPS, with FPS graphics matter a lot and most people playing FPS(especially PC gamers) care more about graphics than anything else. While I think the PC version of MW3 will look better than the average PC game of 2011, I don't think it will be comparable with the BF3 PC version and for people that want the best visuals for a modern military arcade style shooter, this is just something that cannot be overlooked. As you can see I've avoided making comments on MW3 and only assigned probabilities to what I think might end up being true, but as of right now I'm not sure what to expect from the MW3 PC version or the game itself independent of platform so I suppose we'll have to wait and see how IW/SH/SR handled things.
FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="Zubinen"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] uhhhhhh....could it be that the Super Over-Hyped BF3 wasn't all that great as everybody thought and MW3 will be better...??? (this coming from someone who has BOTH on pre-order)

MW3 will be better design wise in terms of combat mechanics as well as level design, but this is something the COD series has had from the get go. MW3 will probably have the most polished campaign in the COD series. The multiplayer will probably be decent, and while Spec Ops looks promising, I'm a bit skeptical because it's basically like MW2 coop but just the wave-based missions. Even with all this being said, I'm still going to play BF3 after MW3 comes out just as I still played BF 2142 when MW1 AND MW2 came out because aside from being grimdark military jam-on-face arcade style shooters, they don't quite play the same way, so I'd say each suits me depending on my mood. The other thing is that I'm very skeptical of MW3's PC support and although its gameplay is far, far more polished than BF3's, the PC version still won't compare to BF3's graphics, and yes, graphics matter a lot, I admit it, even for me, a long time Dwarf Fortress and text based MUD player. Gameplay seems to be a primary metric for TPS not FPS, with FPS graphics matter a lot and most people playing FPS(especially PC gamers) care more about graphics than anything else. While I think the PC version of MW3 will look better than the average PC game of 2011, I don't think it will be comparable with the BF3 PC version and for people that want the best visuals for a modern military arcade style shooter, this is just something that cannot be overlooked. As you can see I've avoided making comments on MW3 and only assigned probabilities to what I think might end up being true, but as of right now I'm not sure what to expect from the MW3 PC version or the game itself independent of platform so I suppose we'll have to wait and see how IW/SH/SR handled things.

I agree with all ur posts. I am getting both because they are different (although similar in parts). Depends on the mood I'm in. I don't agree with what you said about graphics though, cause even if BF3 will obviously look better than MW3, I still think the CoD engine looks very good and is still a valid graphics level for this kind of shooter. I'm sure they will build a new engine soon anyway.
Zubinen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Zubinen
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I don't agree with what you said about graphics though, cause even if BF3 will obviously look better than MW3, I still think the CoD engine looks very good and is still a valid graphics level for this kind of shooter. I'm sure they will build a new engine soon anyway.

On consoles MW3 is up there, but I think since the PC version will be just slightly better than the console version, that's where it falls short, that is it doesn't matter how good it looks on consoles if it looks almost the same on PC(of course I'm just assuming this). As for the engine, it doesn't really matter if they stick with the same exact engine since typically complete rebuilds are only done when something would be to difficult to accomplish with the current source code(for example EA wanted FB for a strong unified lighting system so it wouldn't have to worry about middleware and so it could reuse the engine for many games for maximum profits) but the problem is that visuals, even with clever programmers, comes at the cost of handicapping game design as well as increasing input lag which are two things, if sacrificed, would result in a much larger backlash than what we see now due to the visuals not being overhauled.