Anyone think Alan Wake will come to PC?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jordo321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Jordo321
Member since 2008 • 884 Posts

Just wondering what people's guesses are on this,

I'm sure it'll remain an Xbox exclusive for awhile, but since the PC is still Microsoft I'm hoping they'll port it over in the future.

Alan Wake was originally planned to be on the PC as well, so maybe they'll get on that later on, even if it means a year later.

I got rid of my xbox due to the fact that my PC can run all the high rated games for the consoles (AC2, DA:O etc.) and the exclusives weren't too appealing, hopefully that wasn't a bad decision lol

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#2 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts

Microsoft aren't interested in the PC anymore. If the push comes it will come from remedy who hopefully signed a contract to the effect of console exclusivity on the 360 for ~6 months and can release the game later this year or early next year on PC. It would not be a hard port and I don't think Remedy have abandoned PC, just whether or not their contractual obligations allow them to port it across mainly.

I'm still more confident than not that there will be a PC version, hopefully not more than a year away.

OrwellJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 OrwellJames
Member since 2008 • 591 Posts
All indications since they first paused the PC development have been negative. It seems Microsoft really wants to keep this a 360 exclusive, presumably because they're putting their focus on the console market right now due to more intense competition, higher profit potential, and less piracy. Fable II, GOW II, Halo 3 and beyond, well yeah...it's not looking good. The positive factors are Steam coming to Mac (Competition? In my Operating System markets? It's more likely than you think) and possibly the iPad and the fact that development was actually commenced (although we don't know for how long) on the PC so assuming Microsoft is subject to the sunk costs fallacy, they should feel bad about leaving that code unused in a warehouse somewhere (because code is, in fact, stored in tangible warehouses). If I had to weigh all the factors together, using the magic of approximation and subjectivity, I would say no. I wouldn't anticipate this on PC. On the other hand, I wouldn't buy a 360 just to play it anytime soon. The fact of the matter is, Microsoft has no incentive for us to believe that there will be a PC version at this point because they get money sooner, they eliminate 'hold-outs' waiting to pirate the game for PC, and they push more 360's. They do, however, have an incentive to publish this for the PC eventually ($$$).
LiftedHeadshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LiftedHeadshot
Member since 2009 • 2460 Posts
From my purely cow standpoint, no.
Avatar image for spiderman120988
spiderman120988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

#5 spiderman120988
Member since 2005 • 1421 Posts
Honestly, I would say yes. The code is there or what's left of it so it would be a waste to just wipe it out. Honestly, the game would be easy to port; it's not exactly a game you need a controller to play and perhaps Remedy could add some Dx10/11 code on their graphics engine. When will it come out....maybe this holiday perhaps. I'm hoping they follow Rockstar's route since their games were exclusive (their DLC) anyway and finally arrived half a year later to PS3 and PC.
chandu83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 chandu83
Member since 2005 • 4864 Posts
I don't think its going to make it to the PC. There is nothing in it for Microsoft if it does. Surprisingly enough, although they own the PC software market as well.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts

Microsoft stop caring about the PC market for a while now, so i wouldnt hold my breath.

Only way i see it coming to PC is if and only if it sells badly on the 360 and microsoft wants to make a bit of cash by releasing it on pc.

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I would bet on it because they announced it only on 360 with less than a year before launch. I am sure it is M$ just trying to push more 360's.
Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

Anyone else remember when Alan Wake was sponsored by Intel to advertise quad core? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saqTUxdLdS0

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

Anyone else remember when Alan Wake was sponsored by Intel to advertise quad core? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=saqTUxdLdS0

Cranler
Yeah, that's what pisses me off the most... As for the post: I sacrifice 12 chickens every night in prayer for it to come to PC (I really don't moderators) I personally think it will come to PC once M$ have got all the money they can out of the XCRAP 360 version...
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
I read the review and i dont think that game will do well on the x360, if the game does bad on the x360, we might get a pc version, but as long microsoft has the rights, i dont see anything happening.
MK-Professor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 MK-Professor
Member since 2009 • 4214 Posts

I believe that Alan Wake will come to PC next year.

dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

I cared for this game back in 2006, but now I've lost all the interest I had for it.

teardropmina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 teardropmina
Member since 2006 • 2806 Posts

I got rid of my xbox due to the fact that my PC can run all the high rated games for the consoles (AC2, DA:O etc.) and the exclusives weren't too appealing, hopefully that wasn't a bad decision lol

Jordo321

I don't care whether this or any other console exclusive will come to PC or not...but,

now you can get yourself a 360 and we will have one less person making "will xxxx come to PC?" threads.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 dakan45

I cared for this game back in 2006, but now I've lost all the interest I had for it.

dinuattila
To be honest, the gameplay does not look like much and they completly killed the point of the storytelling sicne ganespost review says it has no memorable moments.
B45AK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 B45AK
Member since 2009 • 445 Posts

Meh, I'd rather have Red Dead Redemption.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 FelipeInside

B45AK
I keep on hearing lots about this game.... What's all the fuss about?
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dakan45
[QUOTE="B45AK"]

FelipeInside

Well its gta in the wild west with amazing graphics and the reviews say that the game world is so big that it could be compared to fallout 3. There is even this whole sense of exploration and finding sidequests along the map when you travel to complete another quest.
biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#19 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts

I dreamed a dream where Remedy spent 5 years on a project and released the game of a generation on the PC and 360 - now that dream is gone from me forever.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside
[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="B45AK"]

dakan45

Well its gta in the wild west with amazing graphics and the reviews say that the game world is so big that it could be compared to fallout 3. There is even this whole sense of exploration and finding sidequests along the map when you travel to complete another quest.

Is it online? like an MMO? Hmmm...with the wild west settings, I don't see it doing very well...
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#21 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
I don't think so.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I keep on hearing lots about this game.... What's all the fuss about?FelipeInside

Is it online? like an MMO? Hmmm...with the wild west settings, I don't see it doing very well...

Mainly sp but here is mp, that is taken into a whole new level, you can play with many people run around and do quests, i am not sure about the full coop though, check it out.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 TerrorRizzing
Member since 2010 • 4232 Posts

why another thread like this? why just why?

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TerrorRizzing
[QUOTE="dinuattila"]

dakan45
To be honest, the gameplay does not look like much and they completly killed the point of the storytelling sicne ganespost review says it has no memorable moments.

well ya, they completely killed the original game and made a console turd. The reviews are decent, but the same thing happened with many xbox exclusive games.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TerrorRizzing

[QUOTE="FelipeInside"][QUOTE="B45AK"]

dakan45

amazing graphics? It looks pretty much like gta iv in the wild west. Ive noticed that the game comes out next week, but there are very few reviews... this usually means that the dev/publisher are not confident in the product. It might turn out to be a pretty good game, but it cant be anywhere near what the hype suggests.

dinuattila

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dinuattila
Member since 2005 • 1355 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="dinuattila"]

TerrorRizzing

well ya, they completely killed the original game and made a console turd. The reviews are decent, but the same thing happened with many xbox exclusive games.

Yes, because good reviews sometimes help a game in the process of being a success sales wise. I mean come on it is M$ we're dealing with here.

Rahnyc4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rahnyc4
Member since 2005 • 6660 Posts
xbox 360 doesnt have too many exclusives. sony ps3 is breaking out of the "we share 100% third party games with the competition" group by bringing a good amount of first party games. microsoft is trying to do the same, trying to give people a reason to own a xbox 360 with there exclusive games. so dont expect ms ex games to be on pc any time soon.
ventnor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ventnor
Member since 2010 • 1061 Posts

By your logic

Halo 3 = PC Release

We can keep dreaming

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
I don't really care. Even if it does I won't buy it, I don't have the money or the time for another game :P
venjhammet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 venjhammet
Member since 2009 • 127 Posts

they should release it on pc

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I keep on hearing lots about this game.... What's all the fuss about?TerrorRizzing

amazing graphics? It looks pretty much like gta iv in the wild west. Ive noticed that the game comes out next week, but there are very few reviews... this usually means that the dev/publisher are not confident in the product. It might turn out to be a pretty good game, but it cant be anywhere near what the hype suggests.

So far it looks better than gta iv, i guess thats something for the consoles ;) Lets see how ign and gamespot will rate it. Have you guys noticed that we talk about a game that there is no proof it will ever be on pc, like it alread is on pc?
GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 GeneralShowzer

By your logic

Halo 3 = PC Release

We can keep dreaming

ventnor
It isn't much of a dream. Halo's online isn't anything special, it's still bested by such classics as UT2004 or Battlefield 2.
Avatar image for charmingcharlie
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 charmingcharlie
Member since 2006 • 1244 Posts

So far it looks better than gta iv, i guess thats something for the consoles ;) Lets see how ign and gamespot will rate it. dakan45

I think you are being a bit unfair to GTA 4 here comparing it with Alan Wake, there is a perfectly valid reason why GTA 4 doesn't have the most impressive visuals on the planet and that is down to GTA 4 being a sandbox, go anywhere do anything game. Alan Wake on the other hand is no longer an open world sandbox game that has been ditched and I now believe the game is a linear horror third person game. Now if you make your game linear and restrict where players can go then naturally you can beef up the graphics on a console (hence the reason they ditched the sand box aspect).

I find PC gamers baffling at times I understand the bad blood that Alan Wake has caused with PC gamers but we should put it past us now. No amount of us wishing and hoping will bring this game to the PC. Microsoft clearly see the PC as a threat to it's console they know that letting PC gaming die will not affect their OS sales one bit so they are quite happy to let PC gaming flounder and die.

In the mean time Microsoft know that gamers are junkies and if you force them to buy an xbox 360 they will do it. That is why I will not touch Alan Wake I am not going to buy an Xbox 360 to play it and if they ever do bring it to the PC I won't be in too much of a hurry to give Remedy my money. I am quite happy to support developers that treat me with respect and show me they want my custom, Remedy are acting like douchebags towards PC gamers and I don't want to reward this kind of attitude

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 TerrorRizzing

[QUOTE="dakan45"]So far it looks better than gta iv, i guess thats something for the consoles ;) Lets see how ign and gamespot will rate it. charmingcharlie

I think you are being a bit unfair to GTA 4 here comparing it with Alan Wake, there is a perfectly valid reason why GTA 4 doesn't have the most impressive visuals on the planet and that is down to GTA 4 being a sandbox, go anywhere do anything game. Alan Wake on the other hand is no longer an open world sandbox game that has been ditched and I now believe the game is a linear horror third person game. Now if you make your game linear and restrict where players can go then naturally you can beef up the graphics on a console (hence the reason they ditched the sand box aspect).

I find PC gamers baffling at times I understand the bad blood that Alan Wake has caused with PC gamers but we should put it past us now. No amount of us wishing and hoping will bring this game to the PC. Microsoft clearly see the PC as a threat to it's console they know that letting PC gaming die will not affect their OS sales one bit so they are quite happy to let PC gaming flounder and die.

In the mean time Microsoft know that gamers are junkies and if you force them to buy an xbox 360 they will do it. That is why I will not touch Alan Wake I am not going to buy an Xbox 360 to play it and if they ever do bring it to the PC I won't be in too much of a hurry to give Remedy my money. I am quite happy to support developers that treat me with respect and show me they want my custom, Remedy are acting like douchebags towards PC gamers and I don't want to reward this kind of attitude

you take these things way too serious.
V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
[QUOTE="ventnor"]

By your logic

Halo 3 = PC Release

We can keep dreaming

GeneralShowzer
It isn't much of a dream. Halo's online isn't anything special, it's still bested by such classics as UT2004 or Battlefield 2.

Player base says other wise.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 TerrorRizzing
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="ventnor"]

By your logic

Halo 3 = PC Release

We can keep dreaming

V4LENT1NE

ya, all those 14 year olds cant be wrong ;)
charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 charmingcharlie

you take these things way too serious.TerrorRizzing

Some people don't take these things seriously enough, I am not going to go and fire bomb Remedy's headquarters or anything but I do believe PC gamers need to start sending a message to developers and the only way we can do that is with our wallet. We need to show developers that if you neglect the PC just to make a fast buck on the consoles then you will lose out in the long run. Meanwhile developers that DO bring games to the PC at the same time as the console should be rewarded and shown that if you do this then you will be rewarded with good sales of your product.

This attitude of "oh I will buy it on the console now and re-buy it on the PC when it comes out" is doing nothing but harm to the PC format. You are the reason why developers hold PC games off the PC and releasae the console version first.

Now I was initially interested in Alan Wake a few years ago, my interest nose dived when they ditched the sandbox world idea and then it dropped right off the radar when it was announced as an Xbox exclusive (sic). As far as I can see Remedy doesn't want my money so I am not going to beg and plead to give them my money and that will go for any Remedy titles in future.

b-u-r-p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 b-u-r-p
Member since 2008 • 282 Posts
Well guys. My friend just sent me an interesting link. He somehow found a PC version of Alan Wake. It's on an illegal website of course. It's apparently the 'Beta/review' version. Reading through the comments is quite funny too.
TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 TerrorRizzing
Well guys. My friend just sent me an interesting link. He somehow found a PC version of Alan Wake. It's on an illegal website of course. It's apparently the 'Beta/review' version. Reading through the comments is quite funny too.b-u-r-p
these websites are usually not illegal actually, they find loopholes in the law. However this file seems kind of shady, might have a virus/malware.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dakan45

[QUOTE="dakan45"]So far it looks better than gta iv, i guess thats something for the consoles ;) Lets see how ign and gamespot will rate it. charmingcharlie

To be honest i can undestand gta iv requirements at some degree, its the best looking sandbox game that allows you to set the graphics much higher than the console versions, its the way the engine works that sucks and the way its poorly ported to the pc. Overall i have nothing to complain about gta iv in terms of graphics apart how horribly it lacks smoothness in image quality, seriously that game need AA desperatly. But last time i checked red dead redemption looked even better than gta iv, character models that is...
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 dakan45
Well guys. My friend just sent me an interesting link. He somehow found a PC version of Alan Wake. It's on an illegal website of course. It's apparently the 'Beta/review' version. Reading through the comments is quite funny too.b-u-r-p
It most likely is a joke like those ps3 exclusives on pc, my brother fell for it and downloaded viruses and crap. :lol: However it will be cool to see alan wake on the pc with the same way dark sector was ported on the pc, first it was ported only in russia and released by D3 but worldwide it was from aspyr. But i guess microsfot is too much greedy to care about pc gamers.
Avatar image for deactivated-60f7582dcaa79
deactivated-60f7582dcaa79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-60f7582dcaa79
Member since 2004 • 510 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="FelipeInside"] I keep on hearing lots about this game.... What's all the fuss about?TerrorRizzing

This, coupled with the fact that they are giving out EXCLUSIVE content to gamestop preorders would lead me to believe that this game is nothing worth getting excited for.. They are trying to get money from people that dont really know all that much about the game.

charmingcharlie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 charmingcharlie

red dead redemption looked even better than gta iv, character models that is...dakan45

Again it is an unfair comparison to compare Red Dead with GTA 4, for a starters the game isn't even out yet so we don't know just how well RDR runs on consoles. Sure we have seen Rockstar videos but come on they are hardly likely to put up videos displaying RDR in a bad light. I have even heard that on some of the carefully crafted RDR videos you could see frame rate issues.

Secondly last time I checked my history there weren't any skyscrapers in the wild west (although I could be wrong cowboy **** never interested me) so RDR will not have to render 600ft skyscrapers. I have been heavily critical of GTA 4 on the PC but even I admit that Liberty City is fantastically detailed. A modern 21st Century city will have a lot more detail and objects to render than a 19th century shanty town. The reason why RDR can be better graphically and be bigger is down to the fact that there is much less for the engine to render and draw, You can see this in miniture in games like Just Cause 2, when I am in the desert in JC 2 I get 60 fps but the minute I get into the city in JC 2 the frame rate drops to 30fps.

Any way we are getting way off topic, I just don't think it is fair to compare Alan Wake's graphics to GTA 4's. The same goes for RDR vs GTA 4 whilst they are both sandbox games the themes of both games are so radically different that it is an unfair comparison.

Getting back on the topic of Alan Wake if Remedy had stuck to the original brief of making AW an open world sand box game I would be more gutted than I am now that it is exclusive to the xbox 360 (sic) but the fact they changed the direction of the game so drastically it is no longer a game I would be interested in on the PC. I don't think this game will come to the PC, Microsoft are in fierce competition with the PS3 and they now see the PC as a competitor to their console and won't do the PC any favours if they can help it.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GeneralShowzer
[QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"][QUOTE="ventnor"]

By your logic

Halo 3 = PC Release

We can keep dreaming

V4LENT1NE

So MW2 is the best online shooter ever created?
ckuwiy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ckuwiy2
Member since 2009 • 123 Posts

microsoft stoped caring bout pc gamer a looooong time ago

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GeneralShowzer

microsoft stoped caring bout pc gamer a looooong time ago

ckuwiy2
No they didn't, if they don't care then keep GFWL alive? We get the same service Xbox players pay for, even achievement points. And why force the GFWL logo on so many games? It's obvious they care.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dakan45

This, coupled with the fact that they are giving out EXCLUSIVE content to gamestop preorders would lead me to believe th

at this game is nothing worth getting excited for.. They are trying to get money from people that dont really know all that much about the game.4th3ist

Big deal even metro 2033 did it and alpha protocol will also do it ( i spotted some guns only from gamestop, somewhere)

Again it is an unfair comparison to compare Red Dead with GTA 4, for a starters the game isn't even out yet so we don't know just how well RDR runs on consoles. Sure we have seen Rockstar videos but come on they are hardly likely to put up videos displaying RDR in a bad light. I have even heard that on some of the carefully crafted RDR videos you could see frame rate issues.

Secondly last time I checked my history there weren't any skyscrapers in the wild west (although I could be wrong cowboy **** never interested me) so RDR will not have to render 600ft skyscrapers. I have been heavily critical of GTA 4 on the PC but even I admit that Liberty City is fantastically detailed. A modern 21st Century city will have a lot more detail and objects to render than a 19th century shanty town. The reason why RDR can be better graphically and be bigger is down to the fact that there is much less for the engine to render and draw, You can see this in miniture in games like Just Cause 2, when I am in the desert in JC 2 I get 60 fps but the minute I get into the city in JC 2 the frame rate drops to 30fps.

Any way we are getting way off topic, I just don't think it is fair to compare Alan Wake's graphics to GTA 4's. The same goes for RDR vs GTA 4 whilst they are both sandbox games the themes of both games are so radically different that it is an unfair comparison.

Getting back on the topic of Alan Wake if Remedy had stuck to the original brief of making AW an open world sand box game I would be more gutted than I am now that it is exclusive to the xbox 360 (sic) but the fact they changed the direction of the game so drastically it is no longer a game I would be interested in on the PC. I don't think this game will come to the PC, Microsoft are in fierce competition with the PS3 and they now see the PC as a competitor to their console and won't do the PC any favours if they can help it.charmingcharlie

You can see the framerate issues even in the videos, and maybe it does not have buildings but reviews said the maps are so big and full of quest that tis comparable with fallout 3. [

No they didn't, if they don't care then keep GFWL alive? We get the same service Xbox players pay for, even achievement points. And why force the GFWL logo on so many games? It's obvious they care.GeneralShowzer

Joke? If they care they would not use live at all. Its a pointless addition, i always stay offline i dont give a damn about the achievements.

Qixote

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Qixote
Member since 2002 • 10843 Posts

I think it will. I don't think the game has been quite the mega-hit they were expecting on the consoles. So to help bump up the profits, they will make it an easy port to the pc. Heck, it originally was being developed exclusively for the pc, so how hard could it be to port a pc game to the pc? But even if it comes, I can't say I would be terribly excited. The game sounds good but not great.

TerrorRizzing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TerrorRizzing

I think it will. I don't think the game has been quite the mega-hit they were expecting on the consoles. So to help bump up the profits, they will make it an easy port to the pc. Heck, it originally was being developed exclusively for the pc, so how hard could it be to port a pc game to the pc? But even if it comes, I can't say I would be terribly excited. The game sounds good but not great.

Qixote

its not even the same game it was, damn microsoft

V4LENT1NE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 V4LENT1NE
Member since 2006 • 12901 Posts
[QUOTE="TerrorRizzing"][QUOTE="V4LENT1NE"][QUOTE="GeneralShowzer"] It isn't much of a dream. Halo's online isn't anything special, it's still bested by such classics as UT2004 or Battlefield 2.

ya, all those 14 year olds cant be wrong ;)

Neither can your generalizations correct?