Anyone bored with modern fps?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheCrazed420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 TheCrazed420
Member since 2003 • 7661 Posts
I am playing STALKER Call of Pripyat right now and I am not bored.
DigitalExile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 DigitalExile
Member since 2008 • 16046 Posts

The problem is really with cloning games. Modern Warfare, Battlefield 2, Medal of Honour, and now we'll be seeing Homefront and they all look the same! Sure, they're different, yeah yeah yeah, but they're too similar in too many ways.

Daytona_178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 Daytona_178
Member since 2005 • 14962 Posts

Modern day is my favorite setting for FPS's, I dont like all that lazer "pew pew" garbage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
deactivated-5bda06edf37ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54 deactivated-5bda06edf37ee
Member since 2010 • 4675 Posts

i don't care wether it's modern, past or epic future, it's the gameplay that ultimately matters.

wigan_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 wigan_gamer
Member since 2008 • 3293 Posts
I too am getting a bit fed up with these.... in particular the CoD series. I just want somebody to make BG3 and do a good job of it :( is that so much to ask.
gmaster456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 gmaster456
Member since 2008 • 7569 Posts
Another World War 2 shooter would be refreshing
SerOlmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#58 SerOlmy
Member since 2003 • 2369 Posts

I have never really liked modern/military FPS (Call of Duty, BC2, MoH, etc...), which was proven abundantly clear to me when I got BC2 on a recent sale. Multiplayer in modern FPS is just way to unforgiving in terms of damage and too twitch based IMO. I prefer games such as TF2, where there is a lot more veriety and tactics in terms of classes, but that is just my preference. I heartily agree with you that they need to focus more on the singleplayer campaign as well. I am not paying $60 for a game with less than a 10 hour campaign I don't care how much multiplayer it has (read: Halo: Reach, MW2, BC2). So yeah I am really tired of modern/military FPS.

trastamad03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 trastamad03
Member since 2006 • 4859 Posts
I know a remedy for us FPS junkies... we need a new System Shock :C Shodan! I neeeedddd yoooouuuu!!! and miss you.... /ruffles her hair :D
Avatar image for the_ChEeSe_mAn2
the_ChEeSe_mAn2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 the_ChEeSe_mAn2
Member since 2003 • 8463 Posts
This is why I liked the STALKER games since they were fairly modern but didn't involve elite forces, middle eastern ak47-toting thugs or even russians who were out to kill americans.
nunyerbiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#62 nunyerbiz
Member since 2002 • 102 Posts

I've been bored with FPS for years now... but I mainly write that off to just getting older. I'm in my late 30s now and I've seen / played them all. At some point, the basic genre just becomes a little stale. Ithink part of the problem is that most of today's mainstream popular games are twitch based, high speed, team deathmatch frag fests shoehorned into "real world" settings like CoD and the ilk. I enjoy the twitch based games just fine, but they work better when you have to deal with purpose designed, multi-tiered levels... like the old Unreal Tournement type stuff. Twitch type gameplay using "real world" weaponry and urban settings just becomes wanking sniper camp fests and nade spam. I'd like to see military FPS become more deliberate and tactical and a return of arena-based twitch games where knowledge of the level design meant more than knowing the top 5 sniper camping spots.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

I'd like to see military FPS become more deliberate and tactical and a return of arena-based twitch games where knowledge of the level design meant more than knowing the top 5 sniper camping spots.

nunyerbiz

I know of a game that you might be interested in on the military FPS side of things being built by the former lead level designer of R6/RS and GR. Head over to Blackfoot Studios and check out Ground Branch.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#64 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I would rather play any other setting than modern now that I played too many.D=

I like sci-fi because it's the most creative.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23944 Posts

I am more tired of the overused gameplay mechanics. You know, playing as wolverine, having as many weapons as eyeballs, checkpoints after every fight, characters getting glued to chest high walls, chest high walls everywhere, heavy lack of super weapons like the BFG.

I want more classic fps, STALKER esque games, First Person Action Adventures, Tactical Shooters and First Person Shooters burrowing heavily from Mirrors Edge.

However I am tired of fighting PMCs, arabs and communists as a member of some special force. I really wouldnt mind a modern day fps with heavy paranormal elements, including setting, gameplay mechanics, weapons and enemies.

James161324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 James161324
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

But what esle is there to do, he have overkilled wwII, we have overkilled modrean day, what do we go to the future. But i think the bored is more or less as no one has really changed anything in the past 3 years.