Any good Character Creation Games for Mac?

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jamiehood
Member since 2017 • 36 Posts

Does anyone know any good Character Creation games for Mac? Whenever I find one that looks remotely good, it's for Windows, and I'm getting kinda bored on my computer. Does anyone have any ideas. I'd like a game with a good Character Creation system, and hopefully not to intense of a plot (minimal violence please).

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 FelipeInside
Member since 2003 • 28548 Posts

@jamiehood said:

Does anyone know any good Character Creation games for Mac? Whenever I find one that looks remotely good, it's for Windows, and I'm getting kinda bored on my computer. Does anyone have any ideas. I'd like a game with a good Character Creation system, and hopefully not to intense of a plot (minimal violence please).

The Sims 4 ?

Mac isn't really meant for gaming but you could always install Windows as dual-boot or in a virtual on it.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By jamiehood

Is there anything else? I'd like something with a little more of a story.

ChasinTheTrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ChasinTheTrane
Member since 2017 • 63 Posts

Scribblenauts Unmasked has a good mix of characters plus a character creation system.

What genre are you looking for?

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By jamiehood

@chasinthetrane: Probably fantasy, although, like I said, not too violent. Preferably free, whatever genre it is

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jamiehood

@chasinthetrane: Apparently, Scribblenauts Unmasked is also only for Windows. Uggggh, why must every good game be for freakin' Windows!!!!!

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FelipeInside

@jamiehood said:

@chasinthetrane: Apparently, Scribblenauts Unmasked is also only for Windows. Uggggh, why must every good game be for freakin' Windows!!!!!

Because Windows is a gaming platform and Mac really isn't.

Like I said though, just install Windows onto your Mac, problem solved.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jamiehood

@FelipeInside: How do I install Windows though? I'm not quite sure.

ChasinTheTrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ChasinTheTrane

@jamiehood: You could either Dual Boot or use virtual machine software. Virtual machine software makes it easier to go back and forth, but can suffer some performance issues. Dual Boot has dedicated space on your harddrive to run Windows, so you have to reset your computer to go back and forth.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FelipeInside

@chasinthetrane said:

@jamiehood: You could either Dual Boot or use virtual machine software. Virtual machine software makes it easier to go back and forth, but can suffer some performance issues. Dual Boot has dedicated space on your harddrive to run Windows, so you have to reset your computer to go back and forth.

Yep, these are the two methods.

Google has heaps of guides.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 jamiehood

@FelipeInside: It just seems kind of overly complicated. I don't want to take up a huge amount of space on my computer, and it seems like you have to get an awful lot of stuff.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By FelipeInside

@jamiehood said:

@FelipeInside: It just seems kind of overly complicated. I don't want to take up a huge amount of space on my computer, and it seems like you have to get an awful lot of stuff.

Well, we're just trying to give you options here.

It's either look into Windows on the Mac or buy a gaming PC or stay with limited selection of games for Mac.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jamiehood

@FelipeInside: Can someone help explain it though? It might make it a little easier. I just want a little fun out of this, but it seems really complicated

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 jamiehood

@FelipeInside: I'm just looking to make it a little easier on myself.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FelipeInside

@jamiehood said:

@FelipeInside: Can someone help explain it though? It might make it a little easier. I just want a little fun out of this, but it seems really complicated

There's two ways to get Windows on a Mac:

1) Dual-Boot: you install Windows on a different partition and you have to restart the computer to boot up with either Mac or Windows. Boot-camp, which is a program inside Mac, guides you through the whole process. A bit more dangerous that step 2 because you are playing with partitions so if you do something wrong you can delete your data: http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/dual-boot-windows-os-x-mac

2) Use a program called Parallels to run a VIRTUAL MACHINE INSIDE the Mac OS (with Windows on it). Easy to do just have to follow some steps: http://kb.parallels.com/4729

With either option you still need to purchase a Windows license.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jamiehood

@FelipeInside: OK, thank you. I think I'll try the second, because it seems less dangerous. About how much does a Windows Liscense cost though?

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FelipeInside

@jamiehood said:

@FelipeInside: OK, thank you. I think I'll try the second, because it seems less dangerous. About how much does a Windows Liscense cost though?

Depends which one you get and what country you are in. With a Windows 10 Home license you should be right to go.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jamiehood

@FelipeInside: I'm in the US.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 jamiehood

@FelipeInside: I actually don't think I can get Windows. Either version costs way too much. I can't spend that kind of money, so does anyone have any good games for mac? Both editions cost over 100 dollars. Is there anything practical for Mac. It's becoming pretty boring, and I just want a couple of decent games. But no, every single freakin' game has to be for Windows. I honestly just want there to be maybe 1-2 games for mac that are fun, have good character creation, and a good story. I guess it seems like too much to ask, though, but I just want to have a little fun. :(

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 FelipeInside

@jamiehood said:

@FelipeInside: I actually don't think I can get Windows. Either version costs way too much. I can't spend that kind of money, so does anyone have any good games for mac? Both editions cost over 100 dollars. Is there anything practical for Mac. It's becoming pretty boring, and I just want a couple of decent games. But no, every single freakin' game has to be for Windows. I honestly just want there to be maybe 1-2 games for mac that are fun, have good character creation, and a good story. I guess it seems like too much to ask, though, but I just want to have a little fun. :(

So you can afford to buy a Mac but not pay for a 100 dollar license? Seems logical.

Anyway: http://www.macworld.co.uk/feature/mac-software/135-best-mac-games-2017-3484158/

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jamiehood

@FelipeInside: I got my Mac years ago. Don't get mad at me for not wanting to spend one hundred dollars. My dad would kill me. I just asked for a suggestion, not for you to get mad at me for not wanting to spend a lot of money. I am simply wondering if there are any good games that I can get without having to pay such a huge amount.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 jamiehood

@FelipeInside: I checked out the website, really nothing seemed that interesting. I guess I can save up for a while, because it seems like I either have to spend between 100 and 200 dollars, or be bored to tears.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 FelipeInside

@jamiehood said:

@FelipeInside: I got my Mac years ago. Don't get mad at me for not wanting to spend one hundred dollars. My dad would kill me. I just asked for a suggestion, not for you to get mad at me for not wanting to spend a lot of money. I am simply wondering if there are any good games that I can get without having to pay such a huge amount.

lol I'm not mad, it takes a lot to get me even annoyed these days.

Like I said before, I'm just giving you the list of options available to you. With a mac you will always have a very limited selection of games to choose from. Hence you can either select a game from that limited selection or look into using Windows somehow (either on the Mac or better with a gaming PC)

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jamiehood

@FelipeInside: Does anyone know any good ways to make money? I don't want to go spending my dad's money if I can't repay him.

ChasinTheTrane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ChasinTheTrane

@jamiehood: Go to thrift stores and garage sales and find stuff to sell for higher on Ebay.

I would just look up games that are compatible with Mac while you save up money for Windows. Both KOTOR games work for Mac so that's not a bad choice, although there is a little bit of violence, but not remotely gruesome.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jamiehood

@chasinthetrane: Ok, I hope I can find a lot of stuff that I want to sell

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 FelipeInside

@jamiehood said:

@FelipeInside: Does anyone know any good ways to make money? I don't want to go spending my dad's money if I can't repay him.

It's called getting a job

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By jamiehood

@FelipeInside: I'm only 14 years old, It's not like I can get a job.

FelipeInside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FelipeInside

@jamiehood said:

@FelipeInside: I'm only 14 years old

Mate, at your age I was delivering newspapers in the town 2 or 3 times a week and saving up the little money I got to be able to afford things. When there's a will there's a way.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 jamiehood

@FelipeInside: Idk, I guess I could look for jobs in the area

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jamiehood

@FelipeInside: Looking on the internet, it doesn't seem like there are many opportunities. I live in a big city, so there is a lot of competition for jobs, and most are too far away, or require skills that I don't have. I'm not really sure what to do. I guess I'll look around a little more.

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jamiehood

@FelipeInside: Do you have suggestions for games that match my description when I do get Windows?

jamiehood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jamiehood

@FelipeInside: This might sound super pathetic, but because I deleted all the games that wouldn't work for Mac, I've forgotten what they are. I remember they all looked amazing, but now I have no clue what to play when I do get Windows. That's why I'm looking for suggestions. Just a reminder, I'd like the game to be unrealistic, fantasy, and kid friendly, but not like "What does 2+2 equal?" or "What letter comes after A?" That's just stupid, but I am a wimp for scary and sad things, so I would like something that has minimal violence, scary stuff, etc. I'd also like it to have an in depth character creation system and, preferably a good story.

romaningram17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35 romaningram17
Member since 2018 • 8 Posts

sims