Hashim19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Hashim19
Member since 2007 • 1324 Posts

Just a quick question, i am going to buy a new processor for 1080 gaming PC. I have 2 choices right now.

1.Intel Core i3-10100 C

2.AMD Ryzen 3 3100 Quad-Core 3.6 GHz

Now please suggest me which one is better and which of these CPU have better motherboard choices. Finding motherboard is hard in my country btw.

Avatar image for PfizersaurusRex
PfizersaurusRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 PfizersaurusRex
Member since 2012 • 1503 Posts

They perform about the same, Intel has higher boost clock so it's a little better but you can overclock the Ryzen and get the same or better performance. It's still a very small difference and gaming performance will depend mostly on the GPU. Get whatever you can get a better deal on. They both have a lot of motherboard options, Intel still doesn't offer support for PCIE gen 4 on any of their chipsets I think, but it's not a big deal even on high end, so don't worry about it.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

@Hashim19 said:

Just a quick question, i am going to buy a new processor for 1080 gaming PC. I have 2 choices right now.

1.Intel Core i3-10100 C

2.AMD Ryzen 3 3100 Quad-Core 3.6 GHz

Now please suggest me which one is better and which of these CPU have better motherboard choices. Finding motherboard is hard in my country btw.

https://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i3-10100-vs-AMD-Ryzen-3-3100/4075vsm1148404

I hope this answer your question

attirex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 attirex  Online
Member since 2007 • 2453 Posts

Ryzen 5000 series just announced. 5900 better than everything and everyone.

AdeemHaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 AdeemHaider
Member since 2020 • 1 Posts

Since the age of nine, I am playing games, and I know that you need to have a top-quality CPU with all essential capabilities. For this reason, you should go through a list of the best processors for gaming over the internet for playing video games smoothly. I suggest you read the requirements before buying a CPU to avoid frustration later.

Avatar image for nate_the_not_great_but_okay
Nate_The_Not_Great_But_Okay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Nate_The_Not_Great_But_Okay
Member since 2018 • 38 Posts

I would stay away from an i3 or comparable CPU unless you're looking at playing much older games. They are basically Celerons.

Great for building a PC for surfing the web and some light office work, but otherwise are not very good for much else.

@adeemhaider has actually given you the best answer here. In short: Spec the software, and then buy the hardware. Not the other way 'round.

LaP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LaP
Member since 2002 • 17786 Posts

They are both outdated in 2021. Buy the cheapest i would say. This said if you buy a b550 motherboard for amd then you'll have a path for upgrade. You would have a path with a b560 mb for intel too but they are usually either more expensive or more crappy (can vary depending on your territory). It's easier to find a good b550 mb for a good price i would say and there's usually no limitation outside of vram quality. If you pair the i3 with b460 though your path of upgrade will be limited since as far as i know all b460 will run the ram at the supported speed by the cpu which would cripple any upgrade to a higher end cpu in the future (could be wrong here not 100% certain). What is the price difference between a Core i5 10400F or Ryzen 5 3600 and those cpus in your area? 4c/8t in 2021 wont cut it for long (it's already struggling in newer titles) you would be much safer in the long term with a 6c/6t cpu. If the price difference is small (under 80$ usd) i would definitely consider buying a 6c/6t one. But as always when buying a new computer to play games a good rule is spend more on the gpu than the cpu.