pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

User Lists: 0

#1 pillarrocks
Member since 2005 • 3639 Posts

I was looking on Dell for a new headset for my gaming laptop and saw Alienware 7.1 Gaming headset for $70 that's wired. I tried other headsets like Astro A20, Turtle Beach and Steel Series but none of them are comfortable for my head and ears since I have large ears. I ordered one from Dell since it was on sale for Presidents Day and it's normally $100. Just wondering if anyone has used them before. I seen reviews on Youtube but most are mixed saying there's an echo and the headphones being uncomfortable and breaking with the plastic on the headset.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58305 Posts

Usually name-brand stuff like that with the "gamer" aesthetic is overpriced, but you never know...might be good.

Let me know how it fits, I have a large head and ears to go with it as well. My current headset (Arctis 7) was good but seems to be on its last legs.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#3  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17808 Posts

I second that most gamer branded headphones are not very good. You are better off getting established audio brands like AKG, Sennheiser, Beyerdynamics, etc... and it will still come down to the individual model to suit your needs and budget. In general, quality headphones usually start around $150+.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4  Edited By Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34610 Posts

I third what the other guys said. Bassman listed very good brands.

Also, 7.1 headsets is pretty useless for games. If the plan was to use 7.1 for games, I recommend you don't and get a better quality headset instead of paying extra for a non functional gimmick.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 pillarrocks

Probably will return the headset and look into those other brands though I never spent $150 on a headset other than Steel Series which was $99 and wireless. I never heard of those other brands before so have to look around to see them. Thanks for the help.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4400 Posts

I've liked my G35 Logitech headsets. Probably still have my first one had my puppy not chewed the crap out of the cable....I've had my second set for almost 7 years now and it still works like the day I got it. Only downside is the faux leather on the earpads, that crap has peeled and flaked off over the years.

I've tried Razer and Turtlebeach - they are horseshit. Avoid them.

I can't comment on Alienware, but as others have said sometimes those big gamer brand models just aren't worth it.

pillarrocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pillarrocks

@neatfeatguy:

I used Turtle Beach and they aren't comfortable less for people with large heads and ears.