Ahh, that slippery slope...

• 81 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 -wildflower-
Member since 2003 • 2997 Posts

Id Software weighs in on the always online debate and (shock of all shocks!) they're all for it, too.

"Famed first-person shooter developer id Software would love to force gamers to connect to the internet while playing its games. It would be 'better for everybody', creative director Tim Willits told Eurogamer at QuakeCon last week."

And who will we have to thank for this wonderful revolution? Yeah, you guessed it...

"Diablo 3 will make everyone else accept the fact you have to be connected," he said. "If you have a juggernaut, you can make change. I'm all for that. If we could force people to always be connected when you play the game, and then have that be acceptable, awesome."

So enjoy being forced into playing your games online in the future. What a brave new world, indeed!

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DanielDust
Member since 2007 • 15402 Posts
Yep brave new world, it's almost outrageous to ask for an internet connection nowadays when internet is already so common. Good luck being stressed over it with every game you'll want that'll sooner or later require a permanent internet connection, meanwhile most will just relax playing the games they enjoy.
Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts
That's just silly.
slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

Yep, you're so right. Almost everyone is connected in the US. :roll:

Care to pull any more "facts" out of your backside, Daniel?

-wildflower-

Is that a dot map of the locations of internet providers or the actual area coverage as those maps are often misleading? Either way I see a map of the population distribution of the States in that picture. Not sure if you are arguing Daniel or trying to help his claim...

sirlag01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 sirlag01
Member since 2008 • 445 Posts

And don't forget, there's more countries in the world than the U.S. you know...

Avatar image for deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Member since 2004 • 12929 Posts
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]Yep brave new world, it's almost outrageous to ask for an internet connection nowadays when internet is already so common. Good luck being stressed over it with every game you'll want that'll sooner or later require a permanent internet connection, meanwhile most will just relax playing the games they enjoy.

Yea. People with wireless networks, who travel, and who live in rural areas just need to embrace the future. How ridiculous of them to expect companies to make products for them.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DanielDust
Where did I say those are facts? it seems you already consider them facts, so why are you trying to prove to yourself they aren't? do you have a map with the PCs available in the zones without internet? gaming PCs not for random small offices; and are you honestly saying that 100% of the entire region is populated?
bloodreaperfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bloodreaperfx
Member since 2006 • 415 Posts
Yep brave new world, it's almost outrageous to ask for an internet connection nowadays when internet is already so common. Good luck being stressed over it with every game you'll want that'll sooner or later require a permanent internet connection, meanwhile most will just relax playing the games they enjoy.DanielDust
Its not a matter of connectivity, at least not entirely. Lets time-skip abit to a place where ALL games require internet connection to play. There you are, enjoying your Diablo 4, Starcraft 3 and whatever you play and suddenly for various causes, your ISP crashes, some dude forgot to take his pills and shot the local street switch and so on. Stability cannot be guaranteed 100%. When such a time comes, enjoy playing mine-sweeper 2.0 or whatever. Adding features or advantages and compeling players to go online is great. Demanding them to be online all the time is not. Also, keep in mind there are many places a where stable/ / decent speed internet connection is NOT available. I know you may think that everywhere is pretty much the same as your back yard, but thats not the case, unfortunately.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DanielDust

No internet connection is rock solid, saying "what if my internet connection drops" is the same as saying "what if there's a problem and electricity goes down", in both cases you are left without games, you can assume all day long with offline games just as you can with online only games. If we would assume the extreme, then all technology would go extinct because of an EMP, assumptions are cool and gets you thinking but that's an exaggerated way of thinking imo, assumptions are like fantasy stories, they're cool and interesting but they're wrong most of the time/never happen/you're not as annoyed as you assume.

The whole gaming world is going in this direction, there's no other way to put it, people either embrace it and entertain themselves or find another hobby.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
Most thinking people would want as few points of failure as possible.
bloodreaperfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 bloodreaperfx
Member since 2006 • 415 Posts
Well, I dont know about extremes but a couple of days ago some dude crashed his car in one of the street poles and our ISP managed to fix the damn thing in like...72 hours. Dont get me wrong, I'm all for embracing new ideeas, I just think that in near-future devs should offer SOME offline options as well.
Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#13 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11783 Posts

I have mixed feelings about this actually, in the long run, it would be better for gaming as a whole, (of course not all games should be manditory online connection)

That is of course if a few things were addressed and fixed first.

A. the Highspeed internet Infastructure. (As of now, a good amount of people are finally getting decent speeds and decently stable connections, but this needs to be improved drastically still. There are plenty of areas where the wiring is so old and honestly needs to be replaced.)

B. ISP Data cap's removed or severely increased!

C. Internet to reduce in price, increase availability.

I know the future is moving to connectivity, and always being online, not just for gaming either! So how about we embrace this and rebuild/revamp/improve our infastructure to even support that possibility? (rhetorical question, not actually asking GS forum posters to do this)

Avatar image for Darth_Revan_666
Darth_Revan_666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Darth_Revan_666
Member since 2005 • 2801 Posts

Its to prevent hacking for the gold farming system that will be integrated in the game. And to prevent pirating. Stop whining.

Cwagmire21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Cwagmire21
Member since 2007 • 5896 Posts

Yep, you're so right. Almost everyone is connected in the US. :roll:

Care to pull any more "facts" out of your backside, Daniel?

-wildflower-

And the U.S. population density is nowhere near 100 percent. Not that I'm saying that there aren't people who don't have internet coverage, but I'd make a strong guess that your chart would deeply resemble a population map as well.

sirlag01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sirlag01
Member since 2008 • 445 Posts

Its to prevent hacking for the gold farming system that will be integrated in the game. And to prevent pirating. Stop whining.

Darth_Revan_666

To prevent pirating? There will always be a way around something, no point in forcing an internet connection for anti-piracy, as the pirates will crack it anyways.

bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

No internet connection is rock solid, saying "what if my internet connection drops" is the same as saying "what if there's a problem and electricity goes down", in both cases you are left without games, you can assume all day long with offline games just as you can with online only games. If we would assume the extreme, then all technology would go extinct because of an EMP, assumptions are cool and gets you thinking but that's an exaggerated way of thinking imo, assumptions are like fantasy stories, they're cool and interesting but they're wrong most of the time/never happen/you're not as annoyed as you assume.

The whole gaming world is going in this direction, there's no other way to put it, people either embrace it and entertain themselves or find another hobby.

The idea of comparing electricity outage and internet drop is subjective to different regions and ISP. Some ISP's in some regions have horrible drop rates. What I'm trying to say is that internet drops can be more common than electrical outtages in certain areas, and vice versa with electrical outtages in some areas. Blanket comparisons are subjective to each person. I do not have any problems since I switched ISP's, but a few months back had numerous drops from my ISP (up to 2-3 times per day).
Mephers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Mephers
Member since 2010 • 720 Posts
Rarely ever get power outtages here in missouri. Net drops? Oh yeah. Especially with comcast being the main providor. Almost everyday my net drops at least once. And the bad days...ugh. I foresee bad things in the future for me and gaming. Damn you greedy corporations. Damn you! "Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape."
baal46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 baal46
Member since 2004 • 663 Posts

Darth_Revan_666

Ironically, the pirated versions will be the ones that don't require an always-on connection.

Then the game companies will be the ones whining when people don't buy their games.

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 xLittlekillx
Member since 2005 • 1833 Posts

I would say one in 5 online games I play (mostly RTS) involve somebody's internet connection dropping. It's not a matter of having internet, it's a matter of many people's connections not being 100% stable. And if disconnecting = death, then that's a problem. Easy to understand, right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4
in the long run, it would be better for gaming as a wholeLach0121
I'm curious why you say that. It's obvious why the id guy would say it because that's probably what they want to do in the future; he likely doesn't think it would literally be better for everyone. Gaming is made up of two things, suppliers and consumers. What about always-on internet is better for consumers?
bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
[QUOTE="Lach0121"]in the long run, it would be better for gaming as a wholeguynamedbilly
I'm curious why you say that. It's obvious why the id guy would say it because that's probably what they want to do in the future; he likely doesn't think it would literally be better for everyone. Gaming is made up of two things, suppliers and consumers. What about always-on internet is better for consumers?

Better ability to control hacking imo.
xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xLittlekillx

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]in the long run, it would be better for gaming as a wholeguynamedbilly

I think it's one of those things where he senses that it's going to happen no matter what, so he's trying to convince himself it's a good thing. Like people did with the patriot act in america.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Lach0121

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"][QUOTE="Lach0121"]in the long run, it would be better for gaming as a wholebblundell

Yes this, among other things.

Help find in game issues quicker (in theory)

Stuff like that.

xLittlekillx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 xLittlekillx

[QUOTE="bblundell"][QUOTE="guynamedbilly"] I'm curious why you say that. It's obvious why the id guy would say it because that's probably what they want to do in the future; he likely doesn't think it would literally be better for everyone. Gaming is made up of two things, suppliers and consumers. What about always-on internet is better for consumers?Lach0121

Stuff like that.

Then how about the ability to choose to play in online mode?

slabber44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 slabber44
Member since 2004 • 985 Posts
AAA Game developers are going to require constant Internet connection to protect their product whether we like it or not. The only way to try and stop them is to not buy their products that require it. A lot easier said than done. There's no way that people who really want a certain game are going to pass on it due to this. Trying to get the gaming community to boycott a AAA title is impossible. So say what you will, but it's falling on deaf ears I'm afraid. People who have a pretty stable Internet are not going to worry about Joe-schmoo who doesn't. It's the way of the world!
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 -wildflower-

Yep brave new world, it's almost outrageous to ask for an internet connection nowadays when internet is already so common. Good luck being stressed over it with every game you'll want that'll sooner or later require a permanent internet connection, meanwhile most will just relax playing the games they enjoy.DanielDust

So, you're okay with always-online DRM for every game now, eh?

Strange how your tune has changed in only a few month:

Again, I'll repeat myself since somehow you don't want to admit this fact, there is no outcry because you can play any of your games from Steam without being connected to the internet, without any problems except, of course multiplayer since you need internet for that unlike the Ubisoft DRM for which you need a constant internet connection to even play a singleplayer game, constant, not just an internet check even EA's past DRM proposal was better than this, the "check your game's licence on our server every time you play it or at least once every 10 days max" (check it, don't be constantly on the internet while you're gaming otherwise bye bye game, if you fail to do so in 10 days from your last check you'll be unable to play the game, yes it's outrageous but you know what, it's actually decent compared to this garbage) and apparently EA's managers can actually think since they let go of that thing.

It's really pointless to try and prove anything to us, you have no example that would be enough for an argument to show that this system is actually good, absolutely no example so you either don't care about what we say and you enjoy your game or you accept our opinion and the fact that except Ubisoft and this DRM nobody has done this before for singleplayer games and just don't care, but looking for arguments is not going to take you anywhere since you will always be wrong just your preference is the one that's right (for you at least).

DanielDust

I can find and post more if you'd like. It didn't take long to do a quick search of "Ubisoft DRM" before your posts vehemently decrying it popped up. Hypocrisy?

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Filthybastrd
Member since 2009 • 7124 Posts

Bandwidth caps, unstable connections, and mobile internet aside, I don't want to depend on their servers for gaming either.

I'm looking at you Ubisoft, AC2 proved exactly why this is not beneficial for consumers.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lach0121

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="bblundell"] Better ability to control hacking imo.xLittlekillx

Stuff like that.

Then how about the ability to choose to play in online mode?

That would be a good compromise I would think. I am not against it, though I am not a game dev or whatever. I don't know all the facts, but I can see how it would be better to have most connected when playing. That being said, I also think that if someone should absolutely want to play it offline, (some cases people don't have the choice to be online) they should have the ability to do so. In the long run of that scenerio, more people will adapt to it and accept it gradually, over time. I agree that it would be a better route than forcing everyone absolutely to stay connected at all times while playing, when people have more freedom/choice to do so.

Another way I was thinking about, (more fantasy than reality, but not super farfetched) Hubs, I mean there are vending machines, Hell even have the hubs at Gamespots/bestbuys etc.These hubs would allow you to put your USB sticks in to receive updates/patches/dlc whatever for.... Take it back home and boom Do it that way for people or areas where decent (or any at all) internet can not be had atm.

IDK just random thought in that last paragraph lol.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#31 biggest_loser
Member since 2007 • 24508 Posts
I don't really have a problem with it. Its just like Steam to me. And if you're travelling you probably want to get away from computers and games anyway for a while.
-wildflower-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -wildflower-

I don't really have a problem with it. Its just like Steam to me. And if you're travelling you probably want to get away from computers and games anyway for a while. biggest_loser

Steam has off-line mode.

Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Filthybastrd

I don't really have a problem with it. Its just like Steam to me. And if you're travelling you probably want to get away from computers and games anyway for a while. biggest_loser

Or maybe you want to game a while travelling. An 8 hour train ride is'nt exactly fun.

MythPro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34 MythPro1
Member since 2003 • 2746 Posts

I think this is a better quote:

If we could force people to always be connected when you play the game, and then have that be acceptable, awesome.

Any sentence that starts with forcing people to do something and ends with "and then have that be acceptable" is unacceptable.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

[QUOTE="bblundell"][QUOTE="guynamedbilly"] I'm curious why you say that. It's obvious why the id guy would say it because that's probably what they want to do in the future; he likely doesn't think it would literally be better for everyone. Gaming is made up of two things, suppliers and consumers. What about always-on internet is better for consumers?Lach0121

Stuff like that.

Finding bugs quicker could be a legitimate benefit. As for the hacking, presumably the hackers are already online, right? I don't see how being more online would make them less likely to hack.
Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts
Depends on the game. If the game's focus is multiplayer I wouldn't mind. If the game is focused on single player I'd avoid it like the plague.
DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DanielDust

[QUOTE="Lach0121"]

[QUOTE="bblundell"] Better ability to control hacking imo.guynamedbilly

Stuff like that.

Finding bugs quicker could be a legitimate benefit. As for the hacking, presumably the hackers are already online, right? I don't see how being more online would make them less likely to hack.

Think of WoW, there, you have your answer.

You don't see a lvl 1 that spawns 378 ilevel boe items in his backpack, you would however see new characters with altered stats, altered items and high end items all gained in minutes then sold online (Diablo 2).

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
To me it depends on the game entirely.. For something like Diablo 3 which I always took as a multiplayer game on thats going to offer far more than Diablo 2 ever did.. Couldn't care less.. For a singleplayer game, say Mass Effect.. Fallout New Vegas etc etc.. I would be annoyed because I am not actually gaining anything from it.. Its being a hinderance.. If Rage were to have that online mode, they would have to offer a benefit in return.. I try to stay neutral on most things.. Furthermore Wildflower.. Thats a flawed argument.. There are other meaningless requirements we can make to some how show its stupid and unfair.. Lets go after games that are extremely demanding hardware wise.. There cuts out 95% of the pc base.. Yet I don't see the same kind of crying about it as I do this..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"][QUOTE="Lach0121"]

Stuff like that.

DanielDust

You don't see a lvl 1 that spawns 378 ilevel boe items in his backpack, you would however see new characters with altered stats, altered items and high end items all gained in minutes then sold online (Diablo 2).

Diablo 2 is an old game with less technically advanced ways of preventing that stuff. WoW is almost all hosted on their servers. That's hardly an answer for a non-subscription based client hosted game.
shakmaster13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 shakmaster13
Member since 2007 • 7138 Posts
It's to make sure no one hacks or dupes, which would be disastrous considering their real money AH; that's the thing you should be protesting.
Filthybastrd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Filthybastrd

It's to make sure no one hacks or dupes, which would be disastrous considering their real money AH; that's the thing you should be protesting.shakmaster13

What's stopping them from implementing offline characters than can't be brought online?

Online characters are kept serverside anyway.

DanielDust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DanielDust

[QUOTE="DanielDust"]

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"] Finding bugs quicker could be a legitimate benefit. As for the hacking, presumably the hackers are already online, right? I don't see how being more online would make them less likely to hack.guynamedbilly

Diablo 2 is an old game with less technically advanced ways of preventing that stuff. WoW is almost all hosted on their servers. That's hardly an answer for a non-subscription based client hosted game.

It's all there, how is not hacking "hardly an answer"? if people get access to their character, they're going to hack items on it (not all obviously), they'd be even more interested in such things if they'd be able to get real money off of them, if people would buy items the whole thing would be legit (entire game) it won't be filled with hacked items out of nowhere. You simply cannot prevent this in any other way, if somebody has access to their character/profile they can hack it, no exception/no penalty for doing so, it doesn't even have to have dedicated hacks, cheat engine solves "everything".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-57e5de5e137a4

[QUOTE="guynamedbilly"][QUOTE="DanielDust"] Think of WoW, there, you have your answer.

DanielDust

It's all there, how is not hacking "hardly an answer"? if people get access to their character, they're going to hack items on it (not all obviously), they'd be even more interested in such things if they'd be able to get real money off of them, if people would buy items the whole thing would be legit (entire game) it won't be filled with hacked items out of nowhere. You simply cannot prevent this in any other way, if somebody has access to their character/profile they can hack it, no exception/no penalty for doing so, it doesn't even have to have dedicated hacks, cheat engine solves "everything".

It's hardly an answer because the system wasn't built for that and just because they haven't done it in that example, doesn't mean that a totally different genre and style of game is correlated. If a game is hosted almost completely on Blizzard's servers, as WoW is, in order to hack your character, not only would people have to get around the always connected and authenticating with Blizzard's servers problem, but they'd also have to have access to modify files directly hosted on those servers. They won't get that access without someone on the inside doing it for them, or hacking in and doing it themselves; which would result in them getting caught either way. If a game is not primarily hosted on Blizzard's servers, then all a person has to get past is the always connected and authenticating problem. None of the other always-connected companies has had profile data exclusively available online on their servers, so I'm going to assume, perhaps incorrectly, that Diablo 3 won't either. Certainly, there are benefits to the producers for this, but I still see very little benefit for the consumers, certainly not enough to outweigh the negative. Even assuming that Diablo 3 does completely benefit from no duping or hacking, offline profiles have been done before and they could have done it here.
Avatar image for IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
IxX3xil3d0n3XxI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#44 IxX3xil3d0n3XxI
Member since 2006 • 1508 Posts
This 'change' wouldnt really affect me, but I can definitely see how beneficial it could be, and the extreme downsides too. Its a big risk to take. Could affect sales outright.
SkyWard20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SkyWard20
Member since 2009 • 4509 Posts

So, you're okay with always-online DRM for every game now, eh?

Strange how your tune has changed in only a few month:

I can find and post more if you'd like. It didn't take long to do a quick search of "Ubisoft DRM" before your posts vehemently decrying it popped up. Hypocrisy?

-wildflower-

Yep brave new world, it's almost outrageous to ask for an internet connection nowadays when internet is already so common. Good luck being stressed over it with every game you'll want that'll sooner or later require a permanent internet connection, meanwhile most will just relax playing the games they enjoy.

---

If it were a rock solid system, nobody would complain but anyone that can use even a fraction of their brain knows that in real life this is impossible if things can go wrong, they will go wrong, nothing lasts, nothing is constant. Using the internet to play multiplayer games is right, using 100% constant internet connection to a server that will never provide an 100% connection when you're playing absolutely any type of game except multiplayer is terribly wrong. DanielDust

Hahaha. Incredible how convincing Blizzard can be.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

So funny story, I am the guy who always says "Hey who cares, we all have internet anyway"

Well, my internet is down (thanks AT&T for replacing my bad modem with another bad modem), and I connected my android phone to my computer through USB and I am using PDAnet to connect to the internet on my computer.

Ping in games isn't that great, but I also have sprint for my cell phone, which isn't fantastic.

You guys really need to suck it up. If you live out in the woods, go hunting or whatever you guys do when your stallite internet goes down.

For a board full of people that love technology, you sure hate it.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

So funny story, I am the guy who always says "Hey who cares, we all have internet anyway"

Well, my internet is down (thanks AT&T for replacing my bad modem with another bad modem), and I connected my android phone to my computer through USB and I am using PDAnet to connect to the internet on my computer.

Ping in games isn't that great, but I also have sprint for my cell phone, which isn't fantastic.

You guys really need to suck it up. If you live out in the woods, go hunting or whatever you guys do when your stallite internet goes down.

GummiRaccoon

Not to mention how is this complaint any more different than games being released that demand extremely high requirements to run properly? If we were to use that as the standard instead of internet, it will narrow down even more people.. Most people do not have a extremely powerful gaming machine.. Where is the out rage to that?

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#48 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58331 Posts

'better for everybody', creative director Tim Willits told Eurogamer

-wildflower-

how? name one reason how this can be significantly better for the consumer

this is bullcrap; I can understand Diablo 3 doing it because, after all, it is a multiplayer-centric game, but a singleplayer shooter like RAGE or Assassin's Creed? Fracking bullcrap, man.

I have internet, but I'd rather not have to log in if I dont have to, and there is no reason I should have to.

StrawberryHill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StrawberryHill
Member since 2008 • 5321 Posts

I'm fine with games requiring online activation, but I don't like having to be connected to the internet at all times. I just won't buy their games.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#50 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58331 Posts

GummiRaccoon

I understand your point of view and even agree with it, but did you ever ask "why?" before posting?

The relationship between producer and consumer needs to be two-way, it needs to be mutually beneficial. An act like this is only beneficial to the producer.

Despite this beautiful modern world we live in, internet is not a right as of yet. Internet is not stable, whether from a tech standpoint or from a stupid ISP standpoint.

I can see in, idunno maybe a decade or two, when every single househould is "wired in" and internet is pretty much common that something like this would be acceptable, but as of right now theyre jumping the gun.