2013 a bad yaer for PC gamers?

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#51 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts
There were a few games on PC i liked, Tomb raider was excellent. And Civ 5 Brave new world was amazing, i've played this thing an crazy amount of time... i can't even say... only thing is - this is the version that should have come out at the start, the vanilla civ 5 is crap compared to it... but this also happened with civ 3 vanilla being completely blown away by civ 3 conquests. but bioshock infinite was a huge letdown for me, i thought the game was terrible. i actually liked the original much more. i still have to try starcraft 2 hots but im sure its pretty good. batman comes out in a couple months, sure it'll be good also. overall i say this year has had enough to keep me busy, but if i gamed more hrs in a day i guess i could see where there could be disappointment to some... Simcity was a failure that only EA could pull off, i'm glad i didnt buy it... but its a blow to Simcity fans and will likely prevent a proper release for many years to come.
Dequan1233

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Dequan1233
Member since 2009 • 107 Posts
Nope, I started pc gaming this year and I a loving every moment of it! Still trying to get used to it, but yeah this year is great!
Morrydwen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Morrydwen
Member since 2013 • 28 Posts
[QUOTE="Jamex1987"]

The market is changing. Steam is trying to adapt. People are not buying computers like they use to. Consoles, tablets, smartphones and other low powered devices are taking over. Even Microsoft realizes this with the shift to their surface line.

SKaREO
Finally another intelligent post in this thread. That's exactly correct. Valve is adapting to the shift in the markets. People can't afford to buy gaming PCs when the economy is this bad, and next-gen systems start at $400.

Those people who cant afford gaming PC's in such an economy, will not buy a next-gen console as well. They have other things on their mind. Also most people who bought pc's in the past, did so, solely for internet, world, excell and more simple tasks. Those were not pc gamers from the get go.
dracolich55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 dracolich55
Member since 2010 • 2343 Posts
Yep, the only new Pc game bought this year was Bioshock infinite. And the only other game I bought was on Ps3 (The Last of Us) and on top of that GTAV is console only at the moment if your into that. Not to mention Rome 2 and Company of heroes 2 were disappointing so yeah, things aren't looking the best this year... but next year will be great with The Witcher 3, Project Eternity, Dragon Age 3 etc
Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#56 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

I felt this was the best year for PC gamers.

A lot of cool shit has happened.

thefreakofk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 thefreakofk
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
there are also games like mortal kombat komplete edition , Saints row 4 and other upcoming games like need for speed rivals, assassin's creed black flag, call of duty -Ghosts also seemed great looking at the trailers and screenshots.We can Expect these games to be good.
uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#58 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59100 Posts

Most of the AAA games have been shit imo. They forget about the gameplay too much. Too easy. Too much DLC. Too hard at trying to be movies.

Just annoying. Indie games don't have the huge production values so they tend to focus more on gameplay and ideas.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

Most of the AAA games have been shit imo. They forget about the gameplay too much. Too easy. Too much DLC. Too hard at trying to be movies.

Just annoying. Indie games don't have the huge production values so they tend to focus more on gameplay and ideas.

uninspiredcup
And still you end up buying them over and over and over and over again year after year after year.. :D
Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#60 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts
[QUOTE="gp19"]Might be, but my queue of older games is so brutal at the moment, I don't really care for new releases.superclocked
Same here. My game backlog is huge, and it just keeps getting bigger...

Yup. I think I've got at least 20 quality games to play this gen...