GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GeryGo  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 12803 Posts

Can I use Xbox 360 controller for PC with its' adapter along with Xbox 1 controller on the same PC pair to a single adapter or each with it's own?

I know XB1 controller uses either it's wireless adapter or any bluetooth adapter, the XB360 got only a wireless adapter.

Will they make a conflict on my system if I'll use 2 adapters?

Megapsychotron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 Megapsychotron
Member since 2017 • 19 Posts

I doubt you'll have issues. Try it out and see?

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 GeryGo  Moderator
@megapsychotron said:

I doubt you'll have issues. Try it out and see?

I'd rather have some answeres before spending money and having issues down the road, if I'll know such I'll be just buying another Xbox 360 controller.

TBH I think that's what I'll do, I've google some more and found XB1 adapter won't be working with XB360 controller so I'm doubt it'll work the opposite way.

Megapsychotron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Megapsychotron
Member since 2017 • 19 Posts

@PredatorRules: the Xbox One wireless adapter won't work worth a 360 controller, true. But if you use each controller with their respective adapter, you shouldn't have any issues. Also, with Windows 10 and Bluetooth, for a single Xbox One controller, you don't necessarily need the adapter; Microsoft allows the One controller to natively connect to the OS.

My own self, I use two One controllers paired to the wireless adapter.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 GeryGo  Moderator

Yeah I read on Linus forum that it doesn't support the opposite way either.

I think I'll be ordering another Xb360 controller and order some shell from ebay, I'd rather save the space, I do own a bluetooth adapter to connect the XB1 controller but I heard the vibration won't work if it's connected this way - odd indeed.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 horgen  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 127503 Posts

@PredatorRules said:

I think I'll be ordering another Xb360 controller and order some shell from ebay, I'd rather save the space, I do own a bluetooth adapter to connect the XB1 controller but I heard the vibration won't work if it's connected this way - odd indeed.

That's very odd. How much do the X1 controller cost? I use a wired X360 controller atm, but I am looking at reducing the number wires over the coming years.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 GeryGo  Moderator

@horgen said:
@PredatorRules said:

That's very odd. How much do the X1 controller cost? I use a wired X360 controller atm, but I am looking at reducing the number wires over the coming years.

The X1 controller costs a bit more, for me the X360 costs 57$, while the XB1S costs 74$ without the wireless adapter.

I don't like wires neither - sometimes I lay back on my chair and game in awkward positions.

Maybe if down the line the 360 controller will break down and it won't be available anymore on the stores I'll advance to XB1 but I don't think that will happen, not till Scorpio will be released.

Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts

@PredatorRules: My two cents here, but I'd be very cautious about using the Xbox One adapter if you are on Windows 7 still. Whilst MS did officially add support for it's a finicky, frustrating process to get the drivers working correctly and one I've seen many other people complain about online.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

xbox 360 wired controllers are the best way to go, if not then wireless xbox 360 controllers

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 horgen  Moderator

@urbangamez said:

xbox 360 wired controllers are the best way to go, if not then wireless xbox 360 controllers

Least hassle at least.

urbangamez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 urbangamez
Member since 2010 • 3511 Posts

@horgen said:
@urbangamez said:

Least hassle at least.

it does, just plug n play. windows vista, 7 , 8 10, steam overlay, ubisoft overlay, origin overlay, does not matter it works.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@PredatorRules said:
@horgen said:
@PredatorRules said:

The X1 controller costs a bit more, for me the X360 costs 57$, while the XB1S costs 74$ without the wireless adapter.

I don't like wires neither - sometimes I lay back on my chair and game in awkward positions.

Maybe if down the line the 360 controller will break down and it won't be available anymore on the stores I'll advance to XB1 but I don't think that will happen, not till Scorpio will be released.

I picked up a One controller with an adapter late last year for like $55 on newegg.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@urbangamez said:
@horgen said:
@urbangamez said:

Least hassle at least.

it does, just plug n play. windows vista, 7 , 8 10, steam overlay, ubisoft overlay, origin overlay, does not matter it works.

I have a One controller with a wireless adapter with 0 problems.

GeryGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 GeryGo  Moderator

Nevermind guys - I picked up another X360 controller, synced it with my old adapter - now I got 2 controllers using 1 adapter - no worries.

Now I got to customize it, might do something on my own instead of buying a ready case shell.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 horgen  Moderator

@PredatorRules said:

Nevermind guys - I picked up another X360 controller, synced it with my old adapter - now I got 2 controllers using 1 adapter - no worries.

Now I got to customize it, might do something on my own instead of buying a ready case shell.

Good to know that works.

horgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 horgen  Moderator

@urbangamez said:
@horgen said:
@urbangamez said:

Least hassle at least.

With the overlay as well? NEver tried that.