Zombie outbreak, what do you do?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

premier111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 premier111
Member since 2007 • 986 Posts
I have been studying this for my school project for a few weeks now and got some good stuff, but I want to hear what others would do before I post, What would you do? Where would you go? what would you be armed with? who would you take with you?
Kikouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Kikouken
Member since 2006 • 15913 Posts
I'd drop a MOAB.
sandroDX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 sandroDX
Member since 2007 • 3661 Posts
i would grab the two shotguns i have in my house, load them, and then go look for my friends... if they were still alive.... and thinking...
ghostadv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 ghostadv
Member since 2004 • 3080 Posts
Since I don't own a gun in my house, I'd probably takine something along with me a shovel or a bat (something blunt.) Get over to my gf's house to pick her up, and if she's not a zombie, keep riding till this whole thing blows over. If only there was a Winchester around my house :(
Abigorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Abigorus
Member since 2006 • 877 Posts
I tell my zombie army to eat only men, and leave the women alive.
AncientNecro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 AncientNecro
Member since 2003 • 4957 Posts
go to my friend's apartment complex, break the first 5 stairs and chill there for a while (zombies wouldnt know to climb)
makaveli2344

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 makaveli2344
Member since 2007 • 3106 Posts
Find a bunch of weapons and go on a shooting spree.
KHfanboy2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KHfanboy2
Member since 2007 • 42258 Posts
Get out a chainsaw and start cutting off heads... Leon Kennedy style.
aaaaarrrrggggg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 aaaaarrrrggggg
Member since 2005 • 13979 Posts
Find a shelter with food, elevated platforms a zombie could not reach, and enough space for my family. Where that may be i do not know, but finding somewhere should be easy considering their physical condition and mental capabilities.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts
hot zombie lovin, cause zombies cant say no:oops:
dgbeard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dgbeard45
Member since 2003 • 989 Posts

Run around in circles screaming at the top of my lungs, that seems productive enough.

Seriosly I would watch the tele for a while to see where the outbreak was centered and find out where it isn't. Pack my car with stuff I need pick up my GF, pick up my family, call other family members to check on them, then get the f out of dodge.

CanadianEh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 CanadianEh
Member since 2002 • 7173 Posts
Find a shelter with food, elevated platforms a zombie could not reach, and enough space for my family. Where that may be i do not know, but finding somewhere should be easy considering their physical condition and mental capabilities.aaaaarrrrggggg
One of those rotating restaurant dealies?
Messer_Partei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Messer_Partei
Member since 2007 • 1023 Posts

rape azombiefor the bragging rights

Messer_Partei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Messer_Partei

Get out a chainsaw and start cutting off heads... Leon Kennedy style.KHfanboy2

hell yea

MgamerBD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MgamerBD
Member since 2006 • 17550 Posts
I get a shotgun save a girl. Then have buttsecks with the girl i saved and make a team of poeple to fight the zombies. It would be Zombie war 1.
aaaaarrrrggggg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 aaaaarrrrggggg
Member since 2005 • 13979 Posts

[QUOTE="aaaaarrrrggggg"]Find a shelter with food, elevated platforms a zombie could not reach, and enough space for my family. Where that may be i do not know, but finding somewhere should be easy considering their physical condition and mental capabilities.CanadianEh
One of those rotating restaurant dealies?

Good idea, i'd just have to find one, i havn't seen any around :x

Avatar image for zzzzzzzzzzzzzzx
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 zzzzzzzzzzzzzzx
Member since 2005 • 106 Posts
Go to the nearest mall with no weapons or supplies whatsoever.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
go to the winchester until this whole thing blows over.
eo12601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 eo12601
Member since 2003 • 4814 Posts
Most likely, I'd go it alone. Maybe take a friend, maybe not. Would probably be too much of a risk, considering that by the time I get over to one of their houses, he/she might very well be a zombie... I'd stock up on all the food I have in my house, buy as much canned stuff as possible, print off a map of the area, take out my compass, and head for an area with the smallest population density possible. Some kind of woodsy, wilderness area. I'd try to hook up with people after, but the initial phase would probably way too chaotic to try to bother, and more people attract more attention. Ideally, it would be a group of 5 max.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#21 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
get into my jeep(or get a bigger car if i see one), round up supplies and anybody i give **** about(running over any living dead that get in my way), and drive to the coast to find a boat to take it out to sea. there, id wait until the zombies starve to death.
SpiritEmu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 SpiritEmu
Member since 2006 • 3370 Posts
Wait.... you're writing a report for school on what to do for a zombie outbreak? Are you serious? Wow.. Exactly what class is this for?
bdever32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bdever32
Member since 2005 • 757 Posts
A decent place to go to would be a warehouse with no, or few windows. A warehouse is pretty easy to defend as it can be sealed off pretty easily and there's a good chance there will be some useful items inside. Of course, once you're in there you may not be able to leave for a while, so prepare well.
xpmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xpmonster
Member since 2006 • 419 Posts

Hang myself. And Yes I am Serial.

dissonantblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dissonantblack
Member since 2005 • 34009 Posts
i'd put on my trench coat, combat boots, cargo pants, and sunglasses. then i grab my katana and boomstick, crack my knuckles and let the zombie hurtin begin 8)
Avatar image for -TheSecondSign-
-TheSecondSign-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#26 -TheSecondSign-
Member since 2007 • 9301 Posts
Go to Walmart after a stop at my local Gander Mountain and Dick's Sporting Goods.
Xx_CYC756_xX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Xx_CYC756_xX
Member since 2005 • 2388 Posts
Go to the near-by naval air base and hop into a A-10 and bomb everyone.
premier111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 premier111

yeah sorry eatin and watchin football, anyway this is for my Composition class(she told us do a random writing project and make it over 10 pages and make it original) I have found out the best way to go about this. Lets say that the zombies are regular slow, bite and get infected kind.

Say you start out by flippin on the tv and it is talking about a zombie outbreak. What Next? wellll.....

Confirm the outbreak(by watching other channels, don't pull a War of the Worlds, your about to break many laws)

Define seriousness and what military is doing

Understand where it's happening and if you are in immediate danger

Alert others

Group others and give out instructions

Go to the supply store

Ditch pets

Realize that cars need gas, and no trucks are refilling the pumps, so use a truck do some quick hauling, then ditch it for a nice mileage car that is sturdy enough to not get broke down at the worst time. Always have a bike or two ready to go.

Strat a training regimeine

Workout, self-defense, area knowledge, survival knowledge, cooking, what to do in worst case scenarios.

FIND A PLACE

Get a few people that you trust, are smart, reliable, and willing to help each other out to survive. Picking your family isn't always the right choice. Splitting your family into 2 groups with equal s/w like gun experienced uncle/g-ma and two dads and 3 daughters, a wife just a balance between weak and strong, all strong means the weak are dead or not safe.

Alert the public to stay in small groups, at most times, because large groups can cause a quick spread, and much harder to manage peoples living daily with masses.

Appoint group leader

FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 FlaminDeath
Member since 2004 • 4181 Posts
I take out my katana, and drive to my brothers house and get his ak-47.
Avatar image for Watch_Me_Xplode
Watch_Me_Xplode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#30 Watch_Me_Xplode
Member since 2005 • 8049 Posts

Stockpile food upstairs, take out the stairs with a giant axe, snipe some zombies through the window if at all possible, and wait out the invasion by playing PS3. 8)

premier111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 premier111

What to get at the supply store VERY IMPORTANT!!

Go to the supply store

Grab food, imperishable first (preferably ones you don't need too cook difficultly) then your perishables. Don't grab anything more than 5 pounds. Not worth the weight no matter what it is. Do not grab any vegetables, flavorings, cooking liquids(except some flammables). Do not grab lots of sweets, just enough to have a snack (for quick energy). The most energizing food is complex carbs, so grab LOTS of bread. Grab lots of pasta too (it can be boiled very simply with a few tools) do not grab beer or cigarettes; do grab lighters, batteries, flashlights, plastic wear and plates. Enjoy your last taste of milk. Grab lots of water jugs, you will need them. Mostly check the expiration date on food (grab towards the back) for best options. And grab healthy. Don't take foods that have an expiration date within a month that's package in cans or air tights bags(bread doesn't count.) do not grab any frozen food. Do not grab any meats or cheeses, unless you get beef jerky or wrapped cheese with long life. No cleaning supplies, but a handful of toothbrushes and toothpaste, hand soap, liquid soap very helpful.

BEST CASE SCENARIO

If at all possible, fill boat with supplies, go out to an island, run a few trips, set up a good place to camp(house there already helps) have a few people around, supplies to last everyone for 1 ½ years. Get a generator. Avoid looking for people for a while. The best way to go around saving people is to know where they are ahead of time and how dangerous it would be to go back.

Messer_Partei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Messer_Partei
Take advantage of the weak until I am the weak, and then run in the opposite direction until there is no opposite direction, and then take as many down before I'm killed.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts
I would joine the Zombies and then sing the Re: Your Brains song by Jon Coultron.
mr111111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 mr111111
Member since 2005 • 2840 Posts

i dreamt this last night

srlsy

premier111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 premier111

I would joine the Zombies and then sing the Re: Your Brains song by Jon Coultron.duxup

How bout you do the acoustic for In the house-in a heartbeat by john murphy and ill take the piano then bass? we can have a little concert on our building surrounded by zombies. it'll be a sweet concert! we could do more zombie movie theme songs too

Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Napster06
Member since 2004 • 5659 Posts
I hear that zombies can't swim. I'll grab a good yacht, some shotguns, fishing rods and some friends and camp out in the middle of the ocean. Not too far though
premier111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 premier111

i dreamt this last night

srlsy

mr111111

Well, I bet things didnt run as smoothly as they couldve been without the knowledge I just gave everyone?

premier111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 premier111

I hear that zombies can't swim. I'll grab a good yacht, some shotguns, fishing rods and some friends and camp out in the middle of the ocean. Not too far thoughNapster06

Why dont you just head out to an island with noone on it? that would work a heck of alot better than staying out at sea.....

Iron_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Iron_will
Member since 2007 • 2837 Posts

I'd call five of my friends to come to my house and I'll give them weapons, one with a minigun, another a sniper rifle, the list goes on, assault rifle, two desert eagles and another assault rifle.

Then lets go on a killing spree!:D

Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Napster06

[QUOTE="Napster06"]I hear that zombies can't swim. I'll grab a good yacht, some shotguns, fishing rods and some friends and camp out in the middle of the ocean. Not too far thoughpremier111

Why dont you just head out to an island with noone on it? that would work a heck of alot better than staying out at sea.....

Well, I can't be really sure. There might be zombies on them as well. This is a zombie outbreak...

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 duxup
Member since 2002 • 43443 Posts

[QUOTE="duxup"]I would joine the Zombies and then sing the Re: Your Brains song by Jon Coultron.premier111

How bout you do the acoustic for In the house-in a heartbeat by john murphy and ill take the piano then bass? we can have a little concert on our building surrounded by zombies. it'll be a sweet concert! we could do more zombie movie theme songs too

Only if we get enough zombies around to do the chorus to Re: Your Brains really good. It is a good sing but I figure actually being a zombie would enhance the experience.

kruesader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 kruesader
Member since 2006 • 6443 Posts
I would get my girlfriend and friend and go to the Winchester
mr111111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mr111111
Member since 2005 • 2840 Posts
[QUOTE="mr111111"]

i dreamt this last night

srlsy

premier111

Well, I bet things didnt run as smoothly as they couldve been without the knowledge I just gave everyone?

i remember having to punch their heads off in oder to kill them. crazy huh?

Sir_Marwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Sir_Marwin
Member since 2006 • 9734 Posts
First, I would try waking up :D

but since that failed, I would just walk down to the Big 5 Sporting Goods store to get a gun while hoping that no one else got the same idea :P.... but then again.... it all depends on the situation so I can't really say much..... you guys need to post more details :x
premier111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 premier111
Yeah I'm gonna set up a post for weapons here in a sec READ IT!!
premier111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 premier111

I guess Ill keep my knowledge here than....Questions or suggestions please feel free, maybe excluding duxup just cause;)

Damage Range Accessibility Reliability Usage Total

machete 2 1 2 3 3 11

pistol 2 2 3 2 2 11

knife 1 1 3 3 3 11

steel bat 1 1 2 3 3 10

shotgun 3 2 1 2 1 9

katana 2 1 2 2 2 9

axe 2 1 1 3 2 9

rifle 2 3 1 2 1 9

chainsaw 3 1 1 1 2 8

automatic bow 1 2 1 2 2 8

lead pipe/pole 1 1 2 2 2 8

I recommend that if a machete is available, GET IT. KEEP IT. CLEAN IT. Machete is the best weapon to have. period. it can last and it chops heads very well. I also recommend having a hunting knife and a pistol on you in case you are in a pinch. Two good side things to have to flank your machete. If there is no machete, get the steel bat, not wood (it'll splinter and break). Remember to keep your weapons clean, this will increase their life and usage, and keep them reliable, especially the weapons (if you check your gun and its jammed, you can fix it and not use it, if its jammed when clicking it in front of a face, your screwed.) I finally recommend to NOT get or keep a chainsaw because it runs on gas, its only close range, the blade can dull and no one carries a spare, plus this thing is REALLY tough to haul around, especially when running. No matter how cool it is and how it was portrayed in a movie, it sucks (except that sweet opening in the armored vehicle in Dawn of the Dead, BUT DONT THROW IT AROUND!!) Also an automatic bow is tough to carry, load, and use effectively, so that is a no-go if you have the option. Never get a Lead pipe/pole, all it does is delay them, not kill them. Remember that blunt weapons need no reloading.

Napster06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Napster06

I think you would really love the book 'The Zombie Survival Handbook'.

Anyway, the shotgun is kind of overkill unless you're really, really stuck. The katana requires some knowledge of handling or it won't be that effective.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
I'd head to the mall to find some 'utilities', or probably break into a car and drive out of the city.
premier111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 premier111

I think you would really love the book 'The Zombie Survival Handbook'.

Anyway, the shotgun is kind of overkill unless you're really, really stuck. The katana requires some knowledge of handling or it won't be that effective.

Napster06

Read It. Own It.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#50 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
Survive. Anyway I can. Most likely going to the closest big-box store and fortifying it until the outbreak is quelled.