You are a fool if you go watching Blade Runner 2049(SPOILERS)

• 101 results
DrSpoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 DrSpoon
Member since 2015 • 628 Posts

Its not a bad movie, its just a poor blade runner movie and the plot is seriously lacking.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#52 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

no, the foolish thing is going to watch a sequel to a movie you already didn't like and expecting to like it

Avatar image for BabyPulpFiction
BabyPulpFiction

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#53 BabyPulpFiction
Member since 2013 • 246 Posts

just saw it. absolutely loved and will see again.

mark1974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 mark1974
Member since 2015 • 4261 Posts

I loved the original and I loved this one. I know better than to read opinions on movies on this site yet I still put myself through the agony for some reason.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55  Edited By poe13
Member since 2005 • 1441 Posts

I thought it was very well done! I loved the plot and I am glad it was slow. I was worried it was going to be some silly action romp because of how nowadays movies and remakes tend to go over the top with the action. But this was very good.

My only gripe with the movie (and this could've been something I missed) was:

when they were going after Deckard because he was able to get a replicant pregnant which Leto's character could not, obviously, perfect among his replicant products. What makes Deckard so special? Why can't Leto's character or any swingin' dick get a replicant pregnant? I read the book and saw the original movie and he just comes off as an ordinary cop/bounty hunter going after rogue replicants.

If they had explained the WHY behind that, it would've closed a big plot hole that kinda, ever so slightly ruins the movie. But other than that, 2049 was great! Very impressed with everything about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b173a489ba56
deactivated-5b173a489ba56

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#56  Edited By deactivated-5b173a489ba56
Member since 2017 • 367 Posts

@poe13 said:

I thought it was very well done! I loved the plot and I am glad it was slow. I was worried it was going to be some silly action romp because of how nowadays movies and remakes tend to go over the top with the action. But this was very good.

My only gripe with the movie (and this could've been something I missed) was:

when they were going after Deckard because he was able to get a replicant pregnant which Leto's character could not, obviously, perfect among his replicant products. What makes Deckard so special? Why can't Leto's character or any swingin' dick get a replicant pregnant? I read the book and saw the original movie and he just comes off as an ordinary cop/bounty hunter going after rogue replicants.

If they had explained the WHY behind that, it would've closed a big plot hole that kinda, ever so slightly ruins the movie. But other than that, 2049 was great! Very impressed with everything about it.

they weren't after deckard they were after his and rachel's kid. rachel is implied to be special

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

Everyone i know who has seen it says its great, which include people who i know, know good sci-fi.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 poe13

@stormcast: Oh i think i get it.

So, Wallace was having trouble getting his female replicants to reproduce. In order for him to acquire this goal he needed Deckard's kid, who turned out to be a daughter. She could potentially have the ability herself to reproduce as a replicant? And then from there, had he accomplished his goal of obtaining her, he would somehow copy her ability onto his own replicants?

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

@kod said:

Everyone i know who has seen it says its great, which include people who i know, know good sci-fi.

The OP sounds like he's about 12, has a final fantasy avatar, and speaks in broken English. Blade Runner is a mature, complex sci-fi movie for adults. Of course he wasn't going to understand it. His English is so bad he probably didn't even understand what was happening in the movie.

Treflis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Treflis
Member since 2004 • 13757 Posts

Seems I have a completely different taste then most people in this thread cause I really enjoyed the movie, to the point where I think it's the best I've seen this year so far.

KOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By KOD
Member since 2016 • 2754 Posts

@bigfootpart2 said:
@kod said:

The OP sounds like he's about 12, has a final fantasy avatar, and speaks in broken English. Blade Runner is a mature, complex sci-fi movie for adults. Of course he wasn't going to understand it. His English is so bad he probably didn't even understand what was happening in the movie.

Yah, maybe we should offer up a litmus test for this.... Did he like Arrival? Was it boring or brilliant? Did he see Primer and watch it multiple times attempting to piece it together?

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@bigfootpart2 said:
@kod said:

You sound like a 12 taking making personal attacks. Have i attacked you in this thread moron or challenged your opinion in any way ? If you love the movie comment on the movie than making personal attacks. Or simply shut the fvck up.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 indzman

@kod said:
@bigfootpart2 said:
@kod said:

Yah, maybe we should offer up a litmus test for this.... Did he like Arrival? Was it boring or brilliant? Did he see Primer and watch it multiple times attempting to piece it together?

I see many various movies, its not neccessary that our opinions should match. Many Hated the movie and many loved the movie as you can notice from this thread. Dont entertain the troll bigfoot.

poe13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 poe13

I feel like this needs to be a trilogy, of course with Dennis returning to direct, because:

Wallace needs to die

Elaisse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 Elaisse
Member since 2012 • 647 Posts

lol children.

bigfootpart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By bigfootpart2
Member since 2013 • 1131 Posts

@indzman said:
@bigfootpart2 said:
@kod said:

You sound like a 12 taking making personal attacks. Have i attacked you in this thread moron or challenged your opinion in any way ? If you love the movie comment on the movie than making personal attacks. Or simply shut the fvck up.

Maybe learn English before criticizing a classic English language movie you very clearly didn't understand. Sound like a 12 taking making? What the hell does that even mean? Your English is horrid.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By indzman

@bigfootpart2 said:
@indzman said:
@bigfootpart2 said:
@kod said:

Maybe learn English before criticizing a classic English language movie you very clearly didn't understand. Sound like a 12 taking making? What the hell does that even mean? Your English is horrid.

You are Horrid and sound like a 12 year old. I watch tons of Hollywood movies, don't need a Troll like you telling me i don't understand English Language.

Also, English is not my native language. My english may not be proper as Western People but that dosen't mean i don't understand english movies, seen much more than you actually.

Avatar image for deactivated-660c2894dc19c
deactivated-660c2894dc19c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#68  Edited By deactivated-660c2894dc19c
Member since 2004 • 2190 Posts

Original is one of the best sci-fi movies ever made. No one asked for sequel, but it's almost on par with the original.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By deactivated-5b173a489ba56

I couldn't resist seeing it a second time. It's a wonderful movie. :) I'm looking forward to it's home release.

It's a real shame about the box office. I'm thinking we're not going to see another movie like it in a long time as a result.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 indzman

@stormcast: Did it flopped at BO?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-5b173a489ba56

@indzman said:

yes

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 indzman

@stormcast: The movie is not for everyone so i guess youngins and families stayed away.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#73 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@indzman said:

Too early to say but it did not do amazing

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic:$43,244,17746.8%
+ Foreign:$49,233,90853.2%
= Worldwide:$92,478,085

That is after a week and a bit.

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#74  Edited By schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

@indzman: original 8.5 out of 10

new one 6.5 out of 10

they tried to do too much and it spread things too thin.

great visuals and some good aspects of the plot, but the dialog mostly was pretty meh

whenever they try to extend or redo old movies i feel like it suffers from an increased lack of believability

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 indzman

@schu said:

@indzman: original 8.5 out of 10

new one 6.5 out of 10

they tried to do too much and it spread things too thin.

great visuals and some good aspects of the plot, but the dialog mostly was pretty meh

whenever they try to extend or redo old movies i feel like it suffers from an increased lack of believability

Yeah man. Visuals were great in this movie, kinda felt like watching a Deus Ex movie. But story was just meh Heh. But i wont argue about it as some getting defensive on my opinion about the movie in this very thread lol.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#76 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

I watched the original a few years back and wasn't really into it, but nevertheless I would like to see the sequel, it seems like the most interesting movie this year to me.

That said, it really has been a few years since I watched the first one. I don't know whether I should really go watch the first one again before seeing this new one. But who knows, maybe if I watched the first one now with my current frame of mind and a few more years of experience, I might appreciate it a lot more?

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

I love the original film. Some of the greatest sci-fi films are slow burners, there's a lot about awe, contemplation and loneliness in a dystopic world that a slow pace and long silences try to portray. Some films like Stalker, 2001: A Space Odyssey, Moon, Sunshine, The Fountain, Solaris are all sort of slow films and they are masterpieces. The problem with people used to Hollywood blockbusters is that they expect a movie to be filled with dialog or action every second, there's no place for other important aspects of artistic expression like contemplation, melancholy, silence, uncertainty. I think this is a problem with the audience not with those movies.

Having said that I do think that the new Blade Runner was too long for its own good. It seems the director tried to imitate these long drawn sequences and mood of many of the movies I mentioned before but he failed and many of these moments feel mostly misplaced or very random. I mean the sequences are not just to create a mood but they also need some type of meaningful reason to be there but I think in Blade Runner 2049 they were simply too overused.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Jacanuk

@R3FURBISHED said:

Ryan Gosling is a great actor, and especially in roles like Blade Runner he can easily carry a film. He was also very good in Drive and The Place Beyond the Pines. Then he shows his range in movies like La La Land.

I am with the vast majority that says Blade Runner 2049 is among the best sci-fi movies ever made and up there with Godfather Part II as best sequels.

Is this sarcasm or could you say that with a straight face?

If the latter then it´s a surprise.

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts

Hah! I love how arrogant some of you sound, informing us about how refined your taste in movies is and that you liked it. I saw it last night. Good cinematography but glacial pacing and laughably pretentious dialogue from Leto's character dragged it down a lot. Sometimes it felt a bit like the second Matrix movie, where it is desperately trying to sound like it is deeper than it is between thick layers of fan service.

I'm also getting a kick out of a bunch of goons on the internet saying a guy with an 11 year old account sounds like he's 12 and actually acting like his avatar choice is some significant bearing on his taste. I guess we can't all be middle aged cinephiles sitting here sipping cognac as we discuss the finer points of artistic taste - like most of you guys are...

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@pinkanimal said:

Having said that I do think that the new Blade Runner was too long for its own good. It seems the director tried to imitate these long drawn sequences and mood of many of the movies I mentioned before but he failed and many of these moments feel mostly misplaced or very random. I mean the sequences are not just to create a mood but they also need some type of meaningful reason to be there but I think in Blade Runner 2049 they were simply too overused.

The first and third acts were great, it's that middle spread that could have used some cutting-down. That whole scene with Joi and the prostitute, for instance, wouldn't have been missed and does nothing to drive the story other than the bug slip, which could have been done when she met him outside previously.

WeebDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 WeebDragon
Member since 2017 • 102 Posts

Ok so if I cancel my plan to watch Blade Runner 2049, what movie should I put my money for this upcoming weekend?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@weebdragon said:

Ok so if I cancel my plan to watch Blade Runner 2049, what movie should I put my money for this upcoming weekend?

Blade Runner is worth seeing. It's a great movie.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 indzman

@AfterShafter said:

Hah! I love how arrogant some of you sound, informing us about how refined your taste in movies is and that you liked it. I saw it last night. Good cinematography but glacial pacing and laughably pretentious dialogue from Leto's character dragged it down a lot. Sometimes it felt a bit like the second Matrix movie, where it is desperately trying to sound like it is deeper than it is between thick layers of fan service.

I'm also getting a kick out of a bunch of goons on the internet saying a guy with an 11 year old account sounds like he's 12 and actually acting like his avatar choice is some significant bearing on his taste. I guess we can't all be middle aged cinephiles sitting here sipping cognac as we discuss the finer points of artistic taste - like most of you guys are...

Thanks a lot for supporting me man. Appreciate it :)

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By indzman

@weebdragon said:

You can watch KINGSMAN THE GOLDEN CIRCLE. Its a crap movie. BUT Tottall Timepass with Awesome Gadgets/Actions/Style and Worth your 2 Hrs View lol.

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Guys, the movie was tops

Indz, you played yourself my man

Why watch a movie where reviews make it pretty clear that this is a movie that is the same beast as a movie you didn't care for

dave123321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 dave123321
Member since 2003 • 35553 Posts

Fooled you once shame on them, fooled you twice shame on you

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 indzman

@dave123321 said:

Fooled you once shame on them, fooled you twice shame on you

mhm

Shame on me :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 deactivated-5b173a489ba56

@br0kenrabbit said:
@pinkanimal said:

The first and third acts were great, it's that middle spread that could have used some cutting-down. That whole scene with Joi and the prostitute, for instance, wouldn't have been missed and does nothing to drive the story other than the bug slip, which could have been done when she met him outside previously.

that was alot of people's favorite scene though

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 indzman

@stormcast said:
@br0kenrabbit said:
@pinkanimal said:

that was alot of people's favorite scene though

Joi was the only reason i sat through the whole movie :P

tkreelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 tkreelman
Member since 2017 • 7 Posts

Blade Runner 2049 was a fantastic movie are you kidding? Yea it was slow and boring at times but it all adds to the suspence and thrill. Plus there were some hot scenes!!;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-5b173a489ba56

I've seen it three times now. :/

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#92 AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@stormcast:

Yeah I intend to see it a 2nd time this week

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By indzman

@stormcast said:

You are overdoing it or either lying. No one sees even his most favourite movie more than twice in a week in a theatre as it becomes repititive or can become boring. Maybe after some time, so soon 3 times in a Theatre, and that too 2 Hrs long and slow Blade Runner 2049? Somethings not right Here :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By deactivated-5b173a489ba56

@indzman said:
@stormcast said:

You are overdoing it or either lying. No one sees even his most favourite movie more than twice in a week in a theatre as it becomes repititive or can become boring. Maybe after some time, so soon 3 times in a Theatre, and that too 2 Hrs long and slow Blade Runner 2049? Somethings not right Here :P

A lot of people have seen it three times. Adam Savage for one.

The way I see it, there may not be another movie like it for a generation. So enjoy it in theatres while you can.

I just wish there was an Imax theatre in reasonable proximity to me.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 indzman

@stormcast said:
@indzman said:
@stormcast said:

The way I see it, there may not be another movie like it for a generation. So enjoy it in theatres while you can.

Hmmm seems like you got patience and money man. I'm pretty sure the theatre you visiting tickets are not free and while you are there watching a 2Hr movie you will need food or refreshments as well. Plus the transportation cost , be it by bus or gas.

BTW, Since you saw BR 2049 thrice. No Fancy for American Made or Kingsman The Golden Circle kind of movies? :)

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#96  Edited By sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

I enjoyed the film but would have enjoyed it a whole lot more watching it at home. In a cinema my biggest gripe with the film is the very very long stretches of quiet parts, I had pop corn I was afraid to eat, a coke I was afraid to drink, because every bite and every suck on that straw seems to boom around the whole theater. I know at the start I wasn't so self conscience about it, but an hour in, two hours in, surely everyone else in the theater was sick of my crap by then.

I begun to get angry at the film, I couldn't eat or drink like I wanted, I could legitimately hear the guy three seats behind me swallow his food and this all played on my mind, I just wanted the film to end at the 2 hour mark so I could get the hell out of there and make myself comfortable.

Also that really really annoying "Bbbbbnnnnggggggggggggg" sound effect whenever a flying car scene happened, it was overplayed and extremely cheesy. There was just far far too many quiet moments with extremely quick loud moments mixed in, followed instantly with more quiet moments. I'd put one pop corn bit in my mouth at the loud moments thinking "Yes come on" then go to crunch down on it only to have the film go dead silent quiet again. HAHA.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5b173a489ba56

@indzman said:
@stormcast said:
@indzman said:
@stormcast said:

Hmmm seems like you got patience and money man. I'm pretty sure the theatre you visiting tickets are not free and while you are there watching a 2Hr movie you will need food or refreshments as well. Plus the transportation cost , be it by bus or gas.

BTW, Since you saw BR 2049 thrice. No Fancy for American Made or Kingsman The Golden Circle kind of movies? :)

None.

joseph_mach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 joseph_mach
Member since 2003 • 3898 Posts

Original>sequel imho. I didn't think it was bad, but I left unsure as to whether I enjoyed it or not. It was a 6...maybe 7 in my book.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 indzman

I'm glad i'm not the only one bored lol. Kudos for them also who enjoyed it very much :)

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Jacanuk

@bigfootpart2 said:
@kod said:

I know you are just trolling but i have to ask. Didn't mommy hug you enough, or was it maybe too much?