WWII Vet Writes to Obama. I think You all oughta read this.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

auron_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 auron_16
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts

Link

I personally love this guy for his guts, and agree with a lot (read, a lot, not ALL) of what he presents.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#2 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts

It took guts to write that email.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 surrealnumber5
Member since 2008 • 23044 Posts
old man says it as he sees it, no problems here.
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts
I commend his bravery and honestly, but I do not necessarily agree with him
metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

You fly around the world telling our friends and enemies despicable lies like:" We're no longer a Christian nation"

lolwut

mr_poodles123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mr_poodles123
Member since 2009 • 1661 Posts

That dude is my idol.

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

I commend his bravery and honestly, but I do not necessarily agree with himclayron

This.

SF_KiLLaMaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 SF_KiLLaMaN
Member since 2007 • 6446 Posts
That was harsh but true. It was a great letter.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38693 Posts
meh.. he'll be dead soon.
needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

topsemag55

how? how does it take guts to sit at a computer and type some text? people do it all the time on youtube, saying worse crap than this guy.

i'm not saying i disagree with them (i didn't even read the whole thing once i saw how long it was; too lazy), and i'm not trying to say anything negative about him writing the email, i just don't see how it took guts to do that.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
old man says it as he sees it, no problems here. surrealnumber5
But what if he has bad eyesight?
Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Wow... that was a really powerful letter. When people say they are writing a strongly worded letter, they best use his template. He has a point, although I don't agree with him on certain things. The US should never bow to others but the US also should never pressure others or be unnecessarily hostile. Middle ground pls.

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#13 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts

Way to go!

That's what I call action!

0Tyler0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 0Tyler0
Member since 2008 • 2602 Posts

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

needled24-7

how? how does it take guts to sit at a computer and type some text? people do it all the time on youtube, saying worse crap than this guy.

i'm not saying i disagree with them (i didn't even read the whole thing once i saw how long it was; too lazy), and i'm not trying to say anything negative about him writing the email, i just don't see how it took guts to do that.

Well you're anonymous for the most part on the internet. This shows his name, face, and it's posted on news sites. It's also to the president, not some 13 year old troll douchebag you find all over the internet
surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="surrealnumber5"]old man says it as he sees it, no problems here. Lonelynight
But what if he has bad eyesight?

then all the same, people have the right to speak their mind. even if i disagreed with the majority of what he said i would still say he had the right to say it.
WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

Lord, some of y'all can't read. He dictated that letter to a friend and mailed it via snail mail, no email involved.:roll:

-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

What does it mean to "act like an American"? How is an American suppose to act?

I have much respect for the man for serving, but most of his criticisms seem way off base.

cybrcatter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 cybrcatter
Member since 2003 • 16210 Posts

[QUOTE="clayron"]I commend his bravery and honestly, but I do not necessarily agree with himtaj7575

This.

Same here.
meh.. he'll be dead soon.comp_atkins
:D I feel bad, but I laughed out loud.

surrealnumber5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 surrealnumber5
[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

0Tyler0

Well you're anonymous for the most part on the internet. This shows his name, face, and it's posted on news sites. It's also to the president, not some 13 year old troll douchebag you find all over the internet

i wonder if he is next on the presidential hit list now
sxdx89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 sxdx89
Member since 2003 • 3009 Posts

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

0Tyler0

Yes, but nothing is going to happen to him for writing this, it's not like hes going to get arrested or something. He has the right to say what he said and that doesn't take much guts IMO.

Avatar image for CongressManStan
CongressManStan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CongressManStan
Member since 2010 • 918 Posts
How does that take guts? This just sounds like any argument from a conservative viewpoint.
ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ragek1ll589
Member since 2007 • 8650 Posts

I didn't realize the whole bowing incident was still so much of an issue :?

IWKYB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 IWKYB
Member since 2010 • 1545 Posts

After Obama read said letter he laughed, went outside and started playing basketball. Then he said to himself, "I am the greatest president EVER". The song "Dick Ridding Obama", played in the background.

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#24 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

huh...interesting letter, but i don't agree with some of his view points.

NiteLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NiteLights
Member since 2010 • 1181 Posts

He's got some guts to do anything like that.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

I have much respect for the man for serving, but most of his criticisms seem way off base.

-Sun_Tzu-

You do realize that Obama is the only President to ever to bow to anyone anywhere, not even Nixon bowed to the Chinese back in the 70s. Where is Michelle Obama while he is visiting Arab heads of state? She is the first First Lady to not be included in tours of Arab countries. The Navy vet isn't off base, he can see it, even if he can't personally write about it.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

I agree with him but if Obama ever even get's these emails, I doubt it will mean anything to him. He probably receives thousands of hate letters a day just like any president.

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#29 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Hmm, that was a pretty interesting letter. Thanks for sharing, TC

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts

I didn't realize the whole bowing incident was still so much of an issue :?

ragek1ll589
Ya, it just seems like a simple sign that shows respect.
IWKYB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 IWKYB
[QUOTE="sxdx89"]Yes, but nothing is going to happen to him for writing this, it's not like hes going to get arrested or something. He has the right to say what he said and that doesn't take much guts IMO.Lonelynight
I'll say it takes more guts to become the president.

No it takes more money and media coverage plus you need to have an image, promise lies. (I will get our troops out!) Ah the lies.
NiteLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NiteLights

How does that take guts? This just sounds like any argument from a conservative viewpoint.CongressManStan
He's arguing with the President of the United States, that takes some guts already.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 topsemag55

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

needled24-7

Well, look at it this way: when Tom Clancy wrote his books, the FBI came knocking on his door, wondering how in the heck he got his information.

The email wasn't a glowing adoration. Obama or one of his minions could send anyone to bother this guy. Secret Service, IRS, you name it.

Pirate700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Pirate700
Member since 2008 • 46465 Posts

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

topsemag55

Well, look at it this way: when Tom Clancy wrote his books, the FBI came knocking on his door, wondering how in the heck he got his information.

The email wasn't a glowing adoration. Obama or one of his minions could send anyone to bother this guy. Secret Service, IRS, you name it.

You really think he reads these emails?

auron_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 auron_16
Member since 2008 • 4062 Posts

Hmm, that was a pretty interesting letter. Thanks for sharing, TC

BPoole96
Don't mention it :D
Tauruslink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Tauruslink
Member since 2005 • 6586 Posts
Wow thanks for sharing this. I see things completely different now. I can't believe how blind and naive I was before. It took this amazing letter to finally help me see the light.... Is that what you wanted to hear us say OP? This is a typical conservative sentiment towards the president. I've heard it all before, and I disagree with much of it, regardless of who wrote it. We are all Americans, and just because of his age, and his previous service in the military (which I do commend), it does not mean that his opinion is any more worthy than that of any other American.
PerfectCircles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PerfectCircles
Member since 2009 • 2359 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

WhiteKnight77

You do realize that Obama is the only President to ever to bow to anyone anywhere, not even Nixon bowed to the Chinese back in the 70s. Where is Michelle Obama while he is visiting Arab heads of state? She is the first First Lady to not be included in tours of Arab countries. The Navy vet isn't off base, he can see it, even if he can't personally write about it.

Ummm Obama isn't the first president to bow to someone. In some cultures people kiss cheeks, in some they shake hands, and in some they bow its no biggie.
-Sun_Tzu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 -Sun_Tzu-
Member since 2007 • 17384 Posts

[QUOTE="-Sun_Tzu-"]

WhiteKnight77

He is? That's news to me.

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ragek1ll589

[QUOTE="CongressManStan"]How does that take guts? This just sounds like any argument from a conservative viewpoint.NiteLights

He's arguing with the President of the United States, that takes some guts already.

Well it's technically not arguing with POTUS since Obama hasn't responded. But he's not the first person to send a letter to an elected official criticizing his or her actions while in that position.

NiteLights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 NiteLights

[QUOTE="NiteLights"]

[QUOTE="CongressManStan"]How does that take guts? This just sounds like any argument from a conservative viewpoint.ragek1ll589

Well it's technically not arguing with POTUS since Obama hasn't responded. But he's not the first person to send a letter to an elected official criticizing his or her actions while in that position.

True that, it would be so interesting if Obama replies tho. :lol:

scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
I commend his guts for sending this, but he offers little detail. [spoiler] - "We're no longer a Christian nation." America never was a Christian nation. - "America is arrogant." Yes. - "You know the one that a whole lot of white people understood when they helped to get you elected." lol, he brought up race - "Shape up and start acting like an American." From the rest of his message, it seems this guys expects Americans to be soldiers. - "but you don't want us to offend Muslim fanatics by calling them what they are, terrorists." Not everyone specifies the "fanatics" part - "One more thing. I realize you never served in the military and never had to defend your country with your life, but you're the Commander-in-Chief now, son. Do your job." So I was right about the soldier thing? - "When your battle-hardened field General asks you for 40,000 more troops to complete the mission, give them to him. But if you're not in this fight to win, then get out." . . . but the idea IS to get out. - "The life of one American soldier is not worth the best political strategy you're thinking of. And what political strategy is that? [/spoiler]
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

It's easy to cast stones, but I like how he just says what he believes.

His idea of an American is totally different than any of ours. He's seen America rise to be the most powerful country in the world (pre-WWII America was not #1 in anything, most of us seem to forget that). He has seen this country rise though a way different mentality of it's people. What a lot of people say is arrogance, he believes is confidence. Confidence often does come across as arrogance.

He's looking at the state of the people. Not the economy, not the politics, the people. He has seen us vote for a man who basically bends over for every single country. That is not how America has been in it's 200+ years of existence and it just basically changed overnight in the grand scheme of things. For a conservative, this is pretty unsettling.

I don't identify myself as a real christian person as I really am agnostic/atheist about religion, but I can see where he is coming from. Most of us here have only seen America as the strongest, always at the top, always receiving criticism from every country in the world. Our society has also become a place where losing is unacceptable and everybody should be treated fair and equal even when it comes down to people calling each other names on the school playground. We live in a time of major dependence on our fellow man. Not the strong, independent nature of the earlier generations. This is what he is seeing and he sees Obama as just the country accepting this different mentality into office as a bad thing. I have to say I agree with him.

Most people will just respond to me as "Why would you want to be seen as the arrogant Americans who think they are better than everyone." or some version of the whole "You're an ignorant/uncultured American", "You're an idiot who doesn't see out of the box", or anything to that nature. But that would only prove that we have completely changed mentalities for better or for worse from strength through independence, to being dependent on the system or people. I will just know that most people will disagree with him, especially on the internet, but I'll agree with him.

needled24-7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 needled24-7
Member since 2007 • 15902 Posts

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]how? how does it take guts to sit at a computer and type some text? people do it all the time on youtube, saying worse crap than this guy.

Pirate700

and even if he does, the guy is 95 years old, they don't give a crap about him :P

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 topsemag55

[QUOTE="topsemag55"]

[QUOTE="needled24-7"]how? how does it take guts to sit at a computer and type some text? people do it all the time on youtube, saying worse crap than this guy.

Pirate700

No, but Gibbs and Emanuel do. They don't have to be as "forgiving" as Obummer.:lol:

Avatar image for ColonelDrakePS3
ColonelDrakePS3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ColonelDrakePS3
Member since 2010 • 217 Posts

Im sorry but im glad the elderly like this man will soon be gone from this earth.. The brain stops developing past age 70 and that point these people just count down the days to die.. I have no respect for this windbag. I dont care if he served this country or not, i have 0 respect for him.

How was he "brave" He pretty much just wrote a mess of fox news talking points ver batim, nothing original. "You go around telling other nations that we are no longer a Christian nation" and hes mad about Obama when he bows but he makes no mention of when Bush held the hands of the saudia arabian prince or when Nixon bowed to the leader that ordered the bombing of the pearl harbor!

he sounds like another tea party old bag type that just cant stomach the idea of a black man in office. infact i would have more respect for the old fool if he just came right out and said "Dear mr President, im 94 years old and i dont think a black man should be president" he atleast would have been honest.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#46 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts
That guy is my hero. :D I agree with him 100%
IWKYB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 IWKYB

Im sorry but im glad the elderly like this man will soon be gone from this earth.. The brain stops developing past age 70 and that point these people just count down the days to die.. I have no respect for this windbag. I dont care if he served this country or not, i have 0 respect for him.

How was he "brave" He pretty much just wrote a mess of fox news talking points ver batim, nothing original. "You go around telling other nations that we are no longer a Christian nation" and hes mad about Obama when he bows but he makes no mention of when Bush held the hands of the saudia arabian prince or when Nixon bowed to the leader that ordered the bombing of the pearl harbor!

he sounds like another tea party old bag type that just cant stomach the idea of a black man in office. infact i would have more respect for the old fool if he just came right out and said "Dear mr President, im 94 years old and i dont think a black man should be president" he atleast would have been honest.

ColonelDrakePS3

So you are saying he disagrees with Obama (take note we are in deep **** even worse than a two term bush debt and jobs are scarce.) because he is black? Because he is a racist? You wish him death as well because he doesn't love a guy who is basically **** up the country?

ragek1ll589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ragek1ll589

"Dear mr President, im 94 years old and i dont think a black man should be president" he atleast would have been honest.

ColonelDrakePS3

Well lets not just conclusions. He's just a citizen who sees our present predicaments through a different lense then most of us on account of him being from a different school of thought (due to being raised in a different generation than most of us).