WTF! Rihanna is quoted to say she is "The Black Madonna" What a JOKE!

• 154 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Lonelynight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Lonelynight
Member since 2006 • 30051 Posts
[QUOTE="-Toshy-"][QUOTE="Senor-Dweedle"]and?Senor-Dweedle
Say I said that I wanted to be like Michael Jordan. By your line of thinking you would say that I am putting myself on the same level of Michael Jordan which is utterly false. The fact that she said that she WANTED to be like Madonna means that she isn't putting herself on the same level as Madonna.

No... she implied she is better than Madonna

Learn to read.
lancea34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 lancea34
Member since 2007 • 6912 Posts

At least Madonna made some good stuff back in the 80's and 90's. Rihanna just plain sucks.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts

I'm sure that when Rihanna is 50+ she will be a figurehead for the mutton dressed as lamb movement too.

She's already got the egotistical attention-seeking fame obsession down pat.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
[QUOTE="pixalet"]I could careless.Senor-Dweedle
Come on! This is an outrage! man! Rihanna is no where near Madonna in quality.

:|... its just music. You need to stop idolising. The moment you start to care about the musicians over the music is when you've lost the point to music. I love Zed Zeppelins music but I couldn't give a toss about what any of them say in interviews. Music cant be art... people can be retarded. Simple.
carloas27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#55 carloas27
Member since 2004 • 156 Posts

You can never compare the vocals of Madonna to the likes of Whitney Houston (in her prime), Celine Dion and Mariah Carey. seriously bro.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
I wouldn't want to be compared to Madonna if I was her >.>
Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Just-Breathe
Member since 2011 • 3130 Posts
She is just a stripper that sings.
topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#58 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
I could careless.pixalet
What you just said is you do care somewhat, as you said you could care less. Couldn't not could.:lol:
Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Just-Breathe
[QUOTE="pixalet"]I could careless.topsemag55
What you just said is you do care somewhat, as you said you could care less. Couldn't not could.:lol:

Sorry, I didn't know this was an English class
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 mrmusicman247

Sorry, I didn't know this was an English classJust-Breathe

And...

OT is is serious business.

Inconsistancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Inconsistancy
Member since 2004 • 8094 Posts

:|... its just music. You need to stop idolising. The moment you start to care about the musicians over the music is when you've lost the point to music.

I love Zed Zeppelins music but I couldn't give a toss about what any of them say in interviews.

Music cant be art... people can be retarded. Simple.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

What, music =/= art? O.o I refuse to believe this statement.

Also 'it's just music' I am disgusted with you. "They're just people..." would have been acceptible.

topsemag55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#62 topsemag55
Member since 2007 • 19063 Posts
[QUOTE="Just-Breathe"] Sorry, I didn't know this was an English class

Dude, idgaf what you post.:lol:
MarioRPGer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#63 MarioRPGer
Member since 2005 • 11345 Posts
[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="MarioRPGer"]The majority of Rihanna's singles are great but she hasn't come anywhere close to making an album as cohesively brilliant as Like A Prayer. And the fact that Rihanna isn't black is a factor as well.

Huh,she is black

People from Barbados are not black.
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

[QUOTE="Grey_Eyed_Elf"]

:|... its just music. You need to stop idolising. The moment you start to care about the musicians over the music is when you've lost the point to music.

I love Zed Zeppelins music but I couldn't give a toss about what any of them say in interviews.

Music cant be art... people can be retarded. Simple.

Inconsistancy

What, music =/= art? O.o I refuse to believe this statement.

Also 'it's just music' I am disgusted with you. "They're just people..." would have been acceptible.

Was meant to say Music can be art... Sorry.
Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

so? if she thinks she's the black madonna who cares

Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

[QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="MarioRPGer"]The majority of Rihanna's singles are great but she hasn't come anywhere close to making an album as cohesively brilliant as Like A Prayer. And the fact that Rihanna isn't black is a factor as well.MarioRPGer
Huh,she is black

So what happens when someone FROM Barbados aspires to be the "BLACK Madonna" thus identifying herself as black?

Avatar image for super_mario_128
super_mario_128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 super_mario_128
Member since 2006 • 23884 Posts

inb4 Ryan

edit: after*

I could careless.pixalet

Just-Breathe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Just-Breathe
[QUOTE="topsemag55"][QUOTE="Just-Breathe"] Sorry, I didn't know this was an English class

Dude, idgaf what you post.:lol:

You cared enough to respond
Am_Confucius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Am_Confucius
Member since 2011 • 3229 Posts
I could careless.pixalet
You crazy Americans! http://youtu.be/uCUsPnKD1gk
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178858 Posts
Eh neither one makes compelling music....and I wouldn't think it was complimentary to be compared as such...but whatever waves your flag.
Bucked20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Bucked20
Member since 2011 • 6651 Posts
[QUOTE="MarioRPGer"][QUOTE="Bucked20"][QUOTE="MarioRPGer"]The majority of Rihanna's singles are great but she hasn't come anywhere close to making an album as cohesively brilliant as Like A Prayer. And the fact that Rihanna isn't black is a factor as well.

Huh,she is black

My mom is black,my aunts are black,my uncles are black and they're from Barbados,what are you talking about
Senor-Dweedle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Senor-Dweedle
Member since 2011 • 577 Posts
Madonna is far better than that Cocaine Head Whitney and that Mariah chick who said she wish she was skinny like orphan kids, honestly, those 2 have no morals let alone talent. Celene Dion is a 1 hit wonder, no comparison to Madonna at all Madonna IS the best female singer of all time, Nothing compares to her.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 mrmusicman247
[QUOTE="Senor-Dweedle"]Madonna is far better than that Cocaine Head Whitney and that Mariah chick who said she wish she was skinny like orphan kids, honestly, those 2 have no morals let alone talent. Celene Dion is a 1 hit wonder, no comparison to Madonna at all Madonna IS the best female singer of all time, Nothing compares to her.

Aretha Franklin > Madonna.
FUloin33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 FUloin33
Member since 2011 • 477 Posts

nothing should ever be compared to madonna.

she rules.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 LJS9502_basic
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="Senor-Dweedle"]Madonna is far better than that Cocaine Head Whitney and that Mariah chick who said she wish she was skinny like orphan kids, honestly, those 2 have no morals let alone talent. Celene Dion is a 1 hit wonder, no comparison to Madonna at all Madonna IS the best female singer of all time, Nothing compares to her.

Game....set....match.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#76 GreySeal9
Member since 2010 • 28247 Posts

Madonna is far better than that Cocaine Head Whitney and that Mariah chick who said she wish she was skinny like orphan kids, honestly, those 2 have no morals let alone talent. Celene Dion is a 1 hit wonder, no comparison to Madonna at all Madonna IS the best female singer of all time, Nothing compares to her.Senor-Dweedle

You're embarrasing other Madonna fans with this kind of crap.

Whitney, Mariah and Celine all have far superior vocal technique, power, range.

I think Madonna writes far better songs than those three and is more creative and versitaile, but I Whitney, Mariah, and Celine definitely have more vocal talent.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="Senor-Dweedle"]Madonna is far better than that Cocaine Head Whitney and that Mariah chick who said she wish she was skinny like orphan kids, honestly, those 2 have no morals let alone talent. Celene Dion is a 1 hit wonder, no comparison to Madonna at all Madonna IS the best female singer of all time, Nothing compares to her.mrmusicman247

If we're talking about vocals exclusively, yeah, Aretha sings circles around Madonna, butI think Madonna is a better artist.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#78 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

I'd say they are not comparable, too many differences.

Lady Gaga however, I'd say she's sort of like a modern madonna, except she's really annoying.

Oh wait... no difference then ;p

Senor-Dweedle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 Senor-Dweedle
No way Mariah, Whitney or Celene sing better than Madonna, thats just stupidity. I will admit tho that Aretha Franklin can sing better than Madonna, but that is why she is #1 on rolling stone. But comparing a Crackhead like Whitney to Madonna is disgusting, and Mariah is just a fancy hooker with those stupid videos of hers shoving her backside in the camera, and Celenes only good song is the Titanic one.
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 mrmusicman247
[QUOTE="Senor-Dweedle"]No way Mariah, Whitney or Celene sing better than Madonna, thats just stupidity. I will admit tho that Aretha Franklin can sing better than Madonna, but that is why she is #1 on rolling stone. But comparing a Crackhead like Whitney to Madonna is disgusting, and Mariah is just a fancy hooker with those stupid videos of hers shoving her backside in the camera, and Celenes only good song is the Titanic one.

It's like arguing with a 10 year old.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"][QUOTE="Senor-Dweedle"]Madonna is far better than that Cocaine Head Whitney and that Mariah chick who said she wish she was skinny like orphan kids, honestly, those 2 have no morals let alone talent. Celene Dion is a 1 hit wonder, no comparison to Madonna at all Madonna IS the best female singer of all time, Nothing compares to her.GreySeal9

If we're talking about vocals exclusively, yeah, Aretha sings circles around Madonna, butI think Madonna is a better artist.

Yeah....you've split the objective and subjective of music. This is a good moment.
GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"] Aretha Franklin > Madonna. LJS9502_basic

Yeah....you've split the objective and subjective of music. This is a good moment.

I really don't want to get into this again, but when I say "Aretha sings circles around Madonna", that also is a subjective statement. It is a fact that Aretha has more range, but that she sings circles around Madonna is an opinion partially based on the fact that she has more range.

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 GreySeal9

No way Mariah, Whitney or Celene sing better than Madonna, thats just stupidity. I will admit tho that Aretha Franklin can sing better than Madonna, but that is why she is #1 on rolling stone. But comparing a Crackhead like Whitney to Madonna is disgusting, and Mariah is just a fancy hooker with those stupid videos of hers shoving her backside in the camera, and Celenes only good song is the Titanic one.Senor-Dweedle

And yet Whitney's drug problems and Mariah's videos have nothing to do with singing.

Madonna has a better voice than she's given credit for but if you look at a performance of Whitney or Mariah or Celine at their prime, they belt out notes efortlessly. Madonna can belt when she wants to, but you can hear the strain.

That being said, I'm sure you're trolling.

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

I am no Madonna fan but she is far more talented than Rihanna will ever be

Senor-Dweedle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Senor-Dweedle

Bane_09
Exactly, anyone who thinks Rihanna or Mariah Carey or any of them talentless hacks is better than Madonna are just fooling themselves.
LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 LJS9502_basic

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

GreySeal9

I really don't want to get into this again, but when I say "Aretha sings circles around Madonna", that also is a subjective statement. It is a fact that Aretha has more range, but that she sings circles around Madonna is an opinion partially based on the fact that she has more range.

Nah you had it right the first time....having more ranges is objective by the way. You liking Madonna is subjective. Caio...Adios.....
Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

[QUOTE="Bane_09"]

Senor-Dweedle

Exactly, anyone who thinks Rihanna or Mariah Carey or any of them talentless hacks is better than Madonna are just fooling themselves.

You are wise beyond your years Senor

GreySeal9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 GreySeal9

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"]Yeah....you've split the objective and subjective of music. This is a good moment.LJS9502_basic

Nah you had it right the first time....having more ranges is objective by the way. You liking Madonna is subjective. Caio...Adios.....

I didn't change what I've said tho. It is my opinion that Aretha sings circles around Madonna, but that Madonna is a better artist who makes better music.

Having more range is objective, but a judgment about who sings circles around who is subjective. Judgments are always subjective. They cannot logically be objective because only facts are objective.

Senor-Dweedle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 Senor-Dweedle

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

GreySeal9

I didn't change what I've said tho. It is my opinion that Aretha sings circles around Madonna, but that Madonna is a better artist who makes better music.

Having more range is objective, but a judgment about who sings circles around who is subjective. Judgments are always subjective. They cannot logically be objective because only facts are objective.

Madonna is hotter too
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#91 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
I question the creditability of senor-Dweedle all the time, this is no exception.
DroidPhysX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 DroidPhysX
Member since 2010 • 17098 Posts

[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Nah you had it right the first time....having more ranges is objective by the way. You liking Madonna is subjective. Caio...Adios.....Senor-Dweedle

Madonna is hotter too

For a 53 year old maybe.

Head to head against Rihanna, far from hot.

MissLibrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#93 MissLibrarian
Member since 2008 • 9589 Posts
Madonna is hotter tooSenor-Dweedle
No way. Madonna in two words: Scrag end.
Avatar image for deactivated-61cc564148ef4
deactivated-61cc564148ef4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 deactivated-61cc564148ef4
Member since 2007 • 10909 Posts

Maybe it's a joke. idk. If any singer of this generation has to be compared to Madonna, it's Lady Gaga's massive influence in the industry

Senor-Dweedle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Senor-Dweedle
even ICP is better than Rihanna
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

HI RIhanna

Mkavanaugh77

i was literally watching it when that happened :lol:

not surprised since nicki minaj wants to be the black lady gaga

chaoscougar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#97 chaoscougar1
Member since 2005 • 37603 Posts
[QUOTE="GreySeal9"]

[QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Nah you had it right the first time....having more ranges is objective by the way. You liking Madonna is subjective. Caio...Adios.....Senor-Dweedle

Madonna is hotter too

That is a blatant lie
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts
TC sort of disappeared after getting proven wrong then came back with a new rant. Unfortunately it was just as uninteresting as the first one.
Senor-Dweedle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Senor-Dweedle
TC sort of disappeared after getting proven wrong then came back with a new rant. Unfortunately it was just as uninteresting as the first one.cheese_game619
just admit it, even ICP owns Rihanna, and if ICP can own Rihanna then Madonna owns all
cheese_game619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 cheese_game619
Member since 2005 • 13317 Posts

I don't know. I have a penis therefore I don't like pop music at all. Rihanna is hotter though.