Would you ever consider joining the Military?

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Petey_Poos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Petey_Poos
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts
Im considering it =]
Anubis916

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Anubis916
Member since 2005 • 22047 Posts
I'm considering enlisting in the Army or Marines after college.
wunderstake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wunderstake
Member since 2005 • 2066 Posts
I wanted to serve as a guard on the Norwegian side of the Russian border.
Too bad my shrink gave me a big  NONO...

And now I`m excluded.
Buffalo_Soulja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Buffalo_Soulja
Member since 2004 • 13151 Posts
I'd love to nurse all those hurt young men back to good health.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts
I wouldn't consider it unless everything else in my life went down the tubes and I had to start over.  I don't think it would be for me.  I have so many other things I want to do, and the military isn't the best option to fulfill those.
sublime5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sublime5343
Member since 2004 • 1240 Posts

I wouldn't consider it unless everything else in my life went down the tubes and I had to start over.  I don't think it would be for me.  I have so many other things I want to do, and the military isn't the best option to fulfill those.wallymartin

It's OK, the military wouldn't want a wuss like you anyway.

langrisser2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#7 langrisser2005
Member since 2004 • 2285 Posts
I might just will
thornpaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 thornpaw
Member since 2004 • 7972 Posts
Been there, done that and got the T-shirt.
wallymartin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 wallymartin
Member since 2004 • 12165 Posts

[QUOTE="wallymartin"]I wouldn't consider it unless everything else in my life went down the tubes and I had to start over.  I don't think it would be for me.  I have so many other things I want to do, and the military isn't the best option to fulfill those.sublime5343

Agreed.

Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Himmel
Member since 2002 • 5389 Posts
The army is for kids who don't know what to do after high school...

I'm considering enlisting in the Army or Marines after college.Anubis916

Except this guy ^
nick3333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11 nick3333
Member since 2004 • 12414 Posts

[QUOTE="wallymartin"]I wouldn't consider it unless everything else in my life went down the tubes and I had to start over. I don't think it would be for me. I have so many other things I want to do, and the military isn't the best option to fulfill those.sublime5343

Yeah they do: who's going to iron their shirts? He can be a combat-cleaner: like a medic, but instead of saving people, he skips into action with his sewing kit and patches up those darn uniform stitches and stubborn stains.
Petey_Poos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Petey_Poos
Member since 2006 • 61 Posts

[QUOTE="Anubis916"]I'm considering enlisting in the Army or Marines after college.Himmel

Except this guy ^

I've finished College...
sublime5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sublime5343

[QUOTE="Anubis916"]I'm considering enlisting in the Army or Marines after college.Himmel

Except this guy ^

What is your goal in life? To be a Gamespot mod? Better yet, work at EBgames so you can get a discount? At least the guys who join the military will do something with their lives.

*mimbster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 *mimbster
Member since 2005 • 1455 Posts
Yeah.
Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Himmel

[QUOTE="Himmel"]The army is for kids who don't know what to do after high school...

[QUOTE="Anubis916"]I'm considering enlisting in the Army or Marines after college.sublime5343

Except this guy ^

What is your goal in life? To be a Gamespot mod? Better yet, work at EBgames so you can get a discount? At least the guys who join the military will do something with their lives.

My goal in life is to live.

It's quite tough to do that when you're being shot at...
sublime5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sublime5343
[QUOTE="sublime5343"]

[QUOTE="Himmel"]The army is for kids who don't know what to do after high school...

Except this guy ^

There are other jobs than infantry you know.

trick_man01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17 trick_man01
Member since 2003 • 11441 Posts
no I don't want to join the military
*mimbster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 *mimbster
One of the most honorable things you can do is die for your country. Not that anyone wants to when they're still a teenager.
Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Himmel
[QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="sublime5343"]

[QUOTE="Anubis916"]I'm considering enlisting in the Army or Marines after college.sublime5343

Except this guy ^

I'm sure, but there are other things you can do with your life than join the military.

Like write a book...
...which is what I'm doing, actually.

To succeed, you need to think. To think is to learn. To learn is to be creative. And to be creative is to make art.

It's tough to succeed, think, learn, create, and be artistic when you're shooting, being shot at, loading a 44, packing a magazine, carpet bombing a mountain, scouting enemy territory, or sitting your ass on a naval vessel.
thornpaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 thornpaw
[QUOTE="Himmel"]

Except this guy ^

You can be shot at just walking down the street.
*mimbster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 *mimbster
[QUOTE="sublime5343"][QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="sublime5343"]

Except this guy ^

I'm sure, but there are other things you can do with your life than join the military.

Like write a book...

To succeed, you need to think. To think is to learn. To learn is to be creative. And to be creative is to make art.

It's tough to succeed, think, learn, create, and be artistic when you're shooting, being shot at, loading a 44, packing a magazine, carpet bombing a mountain, scouting enemy territory, or sitting your ass on a naval vessel.

The military gives people a good start for their adult lives, but people that stay in for longer than the usual 4 years have nothing better to do.

thornpaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 thornpaw
One of the most honorable things you can do is die for your country. Not that anyone wants to when they're still a teenager.mimbster

No, the most honorable thing is to defend you country.
sublime5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 sublime5343
[QUOTE="sublime5343"][QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="sublime5343"]

Except this guy ^

Like write a book...

That sounds like a cheesy bumper sticker. Many "creative" people from history have military backgrounds. You will most definitely fail at your attempt to write a book. When that happens, you might want to consider a military enlistment as a journalist.

*mimbster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 *mimbster

[QUOTE="mimbster"]One of the most honorable things you can do is die for your country. Not that anyone wants to when they're still a teenager.thornpaw

No, the most honorable thing is to defend you country.

Dying while you serve, that's what I meant.

thornpaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 thornpaw
[QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="sublime5343"][QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="sublime5343"]

[QUOTE="Anubis916"]I'm considering enlisting in the Army or Marines after college.mimbster

Except this guy ^

Like write a book...

The military gives people a good start for their adult lives, but people that stay in for longer than the usual 4 years have nothing better to do.

Or they can stay in retire at age 38, if they enter at 18, and get money and benifits from that, and still get another job and retire from that.
SuperBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SuperBeast
Member since 2002 • 13229 Posts
Been there.....    Ex US Army, 13B and 13M
guthwulf_de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 guthwulf_de
Member since 2004 • 13209 Posts
i thought about it once, but not anymore...
CanadianNooB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#28 CanadianNooB
Member since 2005 • 16168 Posts
Never.
K0PaSk4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 K0PaSk4
Member since 2004 • 15646 Posts
One of the most honorable things you can do is die for your country. Not that anyone wants to when they're still a teenager.mimbster
So you join military because you want to die? thats wrong, you join military because you want to defend your counrtry, your freedom and what you believe in, as Patton once said "the point of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his".
sublime5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sublime5343

Never.CanadianNooB

It figures, you're Canadian. Do you guys even have a military or do you just rely on the protection of the US? :lol:

*mimbster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 *mimbster

[QUOTE="mimbster"]One of the most honorable things you can do is die for your country. Not that anyone wants to when they're still a teenager.K0PaSk4
So you join military because you want to die? thats wrong, you join military because you want to defend your counrtry, your freedom and what you believe in, as Patton once said "the point of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his".

No, I didn't say that people join the military because they want to die. And that's a great quote.

Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Himmel
[QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="sublime5343"][QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="sublime5343"]

Except this guy ^

Like write a book...

That sounds like a cheesy bumper sticker. Many "creative" people from history have military backgrounds. You will most definitely fail at your attempt to write a book. When that happens, you might want to consider a military enlistment as a journalist.

Yes... I agree.

Tom Clancy was in the military... he ended up writing all those wonderful books on........... the.... military....

Elvis was in the military.... he ended up starring in all those wonderful films about........ the..... military.......

Yeah.... I see plenty of ex Uncle Sam employess returning to their hometowns, only to marry their high school prom dates and play paintball at the age of fourty.

If I fail at my book, I'll have a college degree beneathe me to catch my fall.
CanadianNooB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 CanadianNooB
Member since 2005 • 16168 Posts

[QUOTE="CanadianNooB"]Never.sublime5343

It figures, you're Canadian. Do you guys even have a military or do you just rely on the protection of the US? :lol:

Yes we do.

And yes we leech off your ridiculously powerful and expensive military for strategic protection.

Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Himmel
[QUOTE="sublime5343"]

[QUOTE="CanadianNooB"]Never.CanadianNooB

Yes we do.

And yes we leech off your ridiculously powerful and expensive military for strategic protection.

HAHA...

That was actually pretty funny.
sublime5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sublime5343
[QUOTE="CanadianNooB"][QUOTE="sublime5343"]

[QUOTE="CanadianNooB"]Never.Himmel

Yes we do.

HAHA...

Sometimes the truth IS funny! :lol:

Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Himmel
[QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="CanadianNooB"][QUOTE="sublime5343"]

[QUOTE="CanadianNooB"]Never.sublime5343

Yes we do.

HAHA...

No no...

It was funny, because you obviously tried to disrespect his country, yet he timidly replied and showed no insult. Granting you no satisfaction of any kind.

Now... were he to bash America, you, like the butter head that you are, would take it in the ass...

...literally...
CaptHawkeye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CaptHawkeye
Member since 2004 • 13977 Posts
[QUOTE="sublime5343"][QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="CanadianNooB"][QUOTE="sublime5343"]

Yes we do.

HAHA...

No no...

It was funny, because you obviously tried to disrespect his country, yet he timidly replied and showed no insult. Granting you no satisfaction of any kind.

Now... were he to bash America, you, like the butter head that you are, would take it in the ass...

...literally...

:|

sublime5343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sublime5343
[QUOTE="sublime5343"][QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="CanadianNooB"][QUOTE="sublime5343"]

Yes we do.

HAHA...

No no...

...literally...

That post makes absolutely no sense. Try again.

And I'm being serious, it just doesn't make any sense. Revise it, and post again!

Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Himmel
[QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="sublime5343"][QUOTE="Himmel"] [QUOTE="CanadianNooB"][QUOTE="sublime5343"]

[QUOTE="CanadianNooB"]Never.CaptHawkeye

Yes we do.

HAHA...

No no...

...literally...

:|

Oh come on... it was FUNNY!!!
irving_moedt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 irving_moedt
Member since 2005 • 297 Posts

The object of war is not to die for your country, but to make the other bastard die for his- patton

yes considering it

dicpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 dicpunch
Member since 2003 • 5208 Posts
[QUOTE="sublime5343"]

[QUOTE="CanadianNooB"]Never.CanadianNooB

Yes we do.

"And protection from whom? The Communists? They were finished over a decade ago, right now I'm looking at a map struggling to find REAL enemies which threaten our way of life in our modern and increasingly prosperous interconnected world."

JthRedDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 JthRedDragon
Member since 2003 • 1814 Posts
I'll fight when I actually think our nation is in danger, until then no.
dicpunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dicpunch
Member since 2003 • 5208 Posts
I am in the USAR. 
Himmel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Himmel
I'll fight when I actually think our nation is in danger, until then no.JthRedDragon

hmm... nice one..
DJ-PRIME90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#49 DJ-PRIME90
Member since 2004 • 11292 Posts
nope.
angel1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 angel1212
Member since 2004 • 18174 Posts

Getting sent miles away to fight in conflicts which are drawn out & controversial, never knowing whether you're going to die trying to help stabilise a country you have no interest in or when you're going home...er, no thanks.

I know military action in this world is a part of life (or death,,) but if everyone in the world thought like this no nation would have a military & disputes would be fought out in meeeting rooms by the heads of states [which is how it should be], not by young men & women terified for their life. I'm a huge pacifist and totally against any war / acts of terrorisim / terrortory conflicts etc. Let the leaders fight it out, and not hide behind the sons and daughters of the countries they run.