Would you date a girl who previously rejected you due to a lack of ambition?

• 145 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
There's a big difference between ambition and success. Personally i think i'ld go for it if I were single, it seems quite logical that she was looking for a serious relationship and didn't want to be with someone who couldn't support kids or a true family life.
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 UltimoIce
Member since 2009 • 3074 Posts

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

I think the people that are saying no here, and this is just a guess, are those that don't have stable careers right now. Because once you do, you don't want to settle for someone that doesn't. It is just as bad as settling for someone less attractive than you, or a worse person.

Again, it all depends on the female in question. Does she have a good career? If so, I don't blame her for sticking it to you when you appeared to have no life direction. Why date someone that doesn't have the same motivation/values? It won't work out in the long run anyways.

Omni-Slash

not true at all....monetary worth does not determine the woman I'd want to spend the rest of my life with....my wife is a career oriented woman....loves her job..makes a great income....that being said...a woman whom would also rather just stay home and take care of the children has her value as well....there's more to life than dollar bills...

I don't think you get my point. Would you be attracted to your wife if she worked at a grocery store and didn't have any aspiration or education and then wanted to stay at home and be with the kids while you worked? Completely difference scenario. Your wife is obviously motivated, so it falls within my reasoning.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
No.
Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#54 Omni-Slash
Member since 2003 • 54450 Posts

I don't think you get my point. Would you be attracted to your wife if she worked at a grocery store and didn't have any aspiration or education and then wanted to stay at home and be with the kids while you worked? Completely difference scenario. Your wife is obviously motivated, so it falls within my reasoning.

UltimoIce
I'm pretty sure I jsut said I would.....if she enjoyed her life..was content with who she was...I'd absolutely be attracted to her....my wife goes to her job everyday and gets enjoyement from it....great...other than that I don't ever think about her job....why?..because it's not important to me or my sons......if she got that same enjoyment playing marbles with the cats......I'd love her just the same...
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

Omni-Slash

I'm pretty sure I jsut said I would.....if she enjoyed her life..was content with who she was...I'd absolutely be attracted to her....my wife goes to her job everyday and gets enjoyement from it....great...other than that I don't ever think about her job....why?..because it's not important to me or my sons......if she got that same enjoyment playing marbles with the cats......I'd love her just the same...

Now you would, because you already love her (which I would argue because you are attracted to HER, which part of HER is a motivated character). But we are talking about initial attraction. You are going to tell me that it doesn't matter how motivated a person is that you are attracted to? I would call BS on that, sir. We are a society of classes. And sociologically people don't deviate much from their own, much like attractiveness level.

I mean, the hobo on your street corner may have a great personality, but you aren't going to walk up and try to gauge attraction.

genfactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#56 genfactor
Member since 2004 • 1472 Posts

No.

With more than 3 billion women on this planet, why would I choose to give a second chance to a female who has displayed how poor her judgement is?

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Omni-Slash
[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

Now you would, because you already love her (which I would argue because you are attracted to HER, which part of HER is a motivated character). But we are talking about initial attraction. You are going to tell me that it doesn't matter how motivated a person is that you are attracted to? I would call BS on that, sir. We are a society of classes. And sociologically people don't deviate much from their own, much like attractiveness level.

I mean, the hobo on your street corner may have a great personality, but you aren't going to walk up and try to gauge attraction.

you may call it BS....but I wouldn't...wheter it was my wife or another woman....i don't put value in careers other than a source of income for the family..it's fine that people do that....but in the end..I feel that it opens one up to a lifetime of trouble in a relationship...
Strider_91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 Strider_91
Member since 2007 • 6570 Posts
Definitely not, she isn't worth the time and would be bouncing around to suit her, i'd pass
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

Omni-Slash

you may call it BS....but I wouldn't...wheter it was my wife or another woman....i don't put value in careers other than a source of income for the family..it's fine that people do that....but in the end..I feel that it opens one up to a lifetime of trouble in a relationship...

But it was never about the money that they make. It's more about judging someone's character. If you see one woman that has an education and has even a low paying career (teacher, for instance). Do you not see a more viable partner than that of someone that works at a grocery store and has no life aspiration?

If you truley don't care, then you are either a statistical anomaly or you aren't being honest with yourself.

Omni-Slash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Omni-Slash
[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

But it was never about the money that they make. It's more about judging someone's character. If you see one woman that has an education and has even a low paying career (teacher, for instance). Do you not see a more viable partner than that of someone that works at a grocery store and has no life aspiration?

If you truley don't care, then you are either a statistical anomaly or you aren't being honest with yourself.

I think in this instance it's pretty nieve to think it wasn;t about the money....that being said....call me an anomolly if that's what I am....I find comfort in family...whether my wife is content taking care of the kids...knitting...cooking....running a fortune 500 company....gaming.....reading....it's her interest and thoughts that make her interesting...not her source of income......because that comes and goes........
Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts
[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"][QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

I think in this instance it's pretty nieve to think it wasn;t about the money....that being said....call me an anomolly if that's what I am....I find comfort in family...whether my wife is content taking care of the kids...knitting...cooking....running a fortune 500 company....gaming.....reading....it's her interest and thoughts that make her interesting...not her source of income......because that comes and goes........

I agree. Go ask any middle-age woman married to a rich guy that she doesn't love... I'm pretty certain she regrets it.
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

Omni-Slash

And I'm saying, who says it was about money? Perhaps she is just looking for someone with more apparent motivation. I would never be attracted to someone that isn't motivated, for the same argument you are giving. People that are content never bettering themselves are not interesting, and often times self pleasing.

From an evolutionary and common sense stand point, it would then make sense that someone educated and motivated like myself seek someone similar. This is why people don't deviate from their class much. And you can't argue that, because despite what you may think or argue, you still ended up with someone motivated, because that's who ended up interesting you. So who is to say the interesting part of her is not the motivated one?

Food for thought, take from it what you will.

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 UltimoIce

Grey_Eyed_Elf

I agree. Go ask any middle-age woman married to a rich guy that she doesn't love... I'm pretty certain she regrets it.

What if the middle age woman is herself successful? It is a pretty antiquated concept to think that women don't have money themselves. In this society women are quickly becoming SUPERIOR to men as a whole in many career paths. That's the information the OP didn't give us. Is this woman successful herself? If so, then again, I don't blame her for wanting someone on the same societal level.

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
I like the fact that people assume the girl is a gold digger and is a bad person. Some of the main things I look for in a partner is someone who has enough money to do things with me, not to take me out, but to pay their half, and someone who is well groomed. I don't think that makes me a gold digger at all. Some people seem to have a bit of a fanciful notion when it comes to relationships, that the girl must support them no matter what and be there through the tough times. Life is shallow - make the effort and you'll get the rewards. Why should an unemployed slob deserve an average girl?
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#65 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts

UltimoIce

And I'm saying, who says it was about money? Perhaps she is just looking for someone with more apparent motivation. I would never be attracted to someone that isn't motivated, for the same argument you are giving. People that are content never bettering themselves are not interesting, and often times self pleasing.

From an evolutionary and common sense stand point, it would then make sense that someone educated and motivated like myself seek someone similar. This is why people don't deviate from their class much. And you can't argue that, because despite what you may think or argue, you still ended up with someone motivated, because that's who ended up interesting you. So who is to say the interesting part of her is not the motivated one?

You're talking about another specific situation. Who said anything about not having ambition or motivation? entropyecho specifically said this : let's say you experienced hard times in the past (i.e. bad job, in school, no money, bottom of the economic/social totem pole, chemical dependency problem, etc.). None of that says lack of ambition or motivation. You think that because you're motivated and ambitious that you'll really never have hard times?

The situation presented is one in which the female has a chance to adequately gain an idea of the person's intellect and personality. That includes questions about motivation and ambition. If you're in school, you're not going to have a great job. Doesn't mean you'll NEVER get one. If the girl rejects you because you don't currently have said job and instead she goes for someone who already has a job like that. That strongly suggests that she values a job over intellect, personality and whatever else she likes about you. Ambition and motivation have zero to do with it because if it did, she might see that you're still finishing school, or that the economy is rough and it's tough to find a job. You're throwing it out there like TC is referring to some dude who lives in his parents basement smoking pot all day and working part time at Pet's Mart.

What you want to do in life has a lot to do with your character. People with high character want to be useful to society and do something with their lives. If a girl can't see that and only sees you for your current situation, then she's not worth your time. It's her that going to wind up regretting it in the long run anyways.

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

[QUOTE="Omni-Slash"] I think in this instance it's pretty nieve to think it wasn;t about the money....that being said....call me an anomolly if that's what I am....I find comfort in family...whether my wife is content taking care of the kids...knitting...cooking....running a fortune 500 company....gaming.....reading....it's her interest and thoughts that make her interesting...not her source of income......because that comes and goes........frostybanana

You're talking about another specific situation. Who said anything about not having ambition or motivation? entropyecho specifically said this : let's say you experienced hard times in the past (i.e. bad job, in school, no money, bottom of the economic/social totem pole, chemical dependency problem, etc.). None of that says lack of ambition or motivation. You think that because you're motivated and ambitious that you'll really never have hard times?

The situation presented is one in which the female has a chance to adequately gain an idea of the person's intellect and personality. That includes questions about motivation and ambition. If you're in school, you're not going to have a great job. Doesn't mean you'll NEVER get one. If the girl rejects you because you don't currently have said job and instead she goes for someone who already has a job like that. That strongly suggests that she values a job over intellect, personality and whatever else she likes about you. Ambition and motivation have zero to do with it because if it did, she might see that you're still finishing school, or that the economy is rough and it's tough to find a job. You're throwing it out there like TC is referring to some dude who lives in his parents basement smoking pot all day and working part time at Pet's Mart.

What you want to do in life has a lot to do with your character. People with high character want to be useful to society and do something with their lives. If a girl can't see that and only sees you for your current situation, then she's not worth your time. It's her that going to wind up regretting it in the long run anyways.

That in itself is a specific observation. I mean, perhaps she wants someone that is further along in life, maybe she's ready to start a family. People in school usually are not. Or perhaps she is weary about a chemical addiction, or perhaps the person going to school is in school, but is a C student and is only there to party (like 90% of the people I knew).

I mean come on, we can go over hypotheticals all day long. My only point was, and has been touched on since by others, that we can't assume "no" with any certainty, no more than we can assume "yes". Because we don't know the details. But labeling the person as a gold digger, is definitely a faulty way to conclude this scenario.

Secret-Face

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Secret-Face
Member since 2011 • 223 Posts
[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]I like the fact that people assume the girl is a gold digger and is a bad person. Some of the main things I look for in a partner is someone who has enough money to do things with me, not to take me out, but to pay their half, and someone who is well groomed. I don't think that makes me a gold digger at all. Some people seem to have a bit of a fanciful notion when it comes to relationships, that the girl must support them no matter what and be there through the tough times. Life is shallow - make the effort and you'll get the rewards. Why should an unemployed slob deserve an average girl?

She fits the profile of a gold digger perfectly. She refuses to go out on date because you have no money, and then goes out with "Mr successful businessman". That should be a sure-fire sign whats she wants in a man. When you start making a lot of money (probably more than him), he gets dumped and now she wants to go out with you?
mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#68 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58529 Posts

Wow..some misinformation about women floating around here...- besides having dated a bunch and being over the age of 28 myself plus having two sisters I can tell you a couple of things:

Dude whenever a girl says she's not really looking for a relationship right now she's just politely telling you you're not good enough for her... I get finding someone you're attracted to but this wasn't about that... Seems like she's looking for a free ride... Also I've never dumped a girl to upgrademtrack87

Absolutely false. When they say they're not looking for a relationship, it COULD be that they think you're not good enough for them OR it could mean that something else is going on.... my sisters and some friends who are women have talked about this in front of me... many times - they really have too much crap going on in their lives with work, family problems or a recent bad breakup...and they have taken "breaks" from dating - they have turned down guys they would have normally gone out on a date with, simply because the timing was bad in their personal lives - it had nothing to do with the guy not being "good enough". Many other times, girls will say that because they are already dating someone they think could be "Mr. Right" and they don't want to waste time with anyone new until they see where the other relationship is going. IF they weren't dating someone they really thought they could get serious with or they weren't dating anyone - there are many guys who were turned down - who would have gotten a "yes" if they asked the same girl out 3 months earlier. So don't assume a girl thinks badly of you when they turn you down - if you automatically jump to that conclusion, then you have self-esteem issues...the world doesn't revolve around you and sometimes there really are other reasons for rejection - she just may be using a convenient excuse because she doesn't want to tell you her life story. ...and about a "free ride" - just because a girl wants to be with someone who is successful and has a liitle bit of cash stowed under the mattress, doesn't mean she wants a free ride, it only means that she doesn't want to work double-shifts at Burger King, two months after she has a couple of your kids because you're too broke to support the family and allow her the freedom to spend time at home with her family...most girls think WAY AHEAD when going out with a new guy - they will start adding up the pluses & minuses relating to you as a potential husband & father, after the first 10 minutes...funny but true! ...you "never dumped a girl to "upgrade" - that could be true if you were with someone for awhile and you really loved her but you're telling me you never stopped dating a girl who you were seeing on a regualr basis for a few months - because you met someone else who just blew you away? Good for you.. I think 95% of guys who date women and are over the age of 25 (many under 25), could never make that claim....

but she was seen with a new boyfriend roughly two weeks later.

overall though you make a good point, but it is one thing to turn a guy down because he is jobless and lazy, and quite another to turn a guy down because he only makes 10 bucks an hour. The latter makes you materialistic.

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="tofu-lion91"]I like the fact that people assume the girl is a gold digger and is a bad person. Some of the main things I look for in a partner is someone who has enough money to do things with me, not to take me out, but to pay their half, and someone who is well groomed. I don't think that makes me a gold digger at all. Some people seem to have a bit of a fanciful notion when it comes to relationships, that the girl must support them no matter what and be there through the tough times. Life is shallow - make the effort and you'll get the rewards. Why should an unemployed slob deserve an average girl?Secret-Face
She fits the profile of a gold digger perfectly. She refuses to go out on date because you have no money, and then goes out with "Mr successful businessman". That should be a sure-fire sign whats she wants in a man. When you start making a lot of money (probably more than him), he gets dumped and now she wants to go out with you?

you are making the same assumption as everyone else that this is about money. And you can say that she should see what he can do in the future and make assumptions based on that. Fair enough.

But, in my experience, most people that talk a big game about what they are GOING to do often times fail to do it. Talking a big game is easier than living it. The best way to really see someone that is motivated is to see the results from their life. I'm not asking you to change your opinion and take the girl in this scenario, I'm just trying to fight against labels that are obviously not right in 100% of the scenarios.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 frostybanana

[QUOTE="frostybanana"]

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

UltimoIce

That in itself is a specific observation. I mean, perhaps she wants someone that is further along in life, maybe she's ready to start a family. People in school usually are not. Or perhaps she is weary about a chemical addiction, or perhaps the person going to school is in school, but is a C student and is only there to party (like 90% of the people I knew).

I mean come on, we can go over hypotheticals all day long. My only point was, and has been touched on since by others, that we can't assume "no" with any certainty, no more than we can assume "yes". Because we don't know the details. But labeling the person as a gold digger, is definitely a faulty way to conclude this scenario.

How is that a specific situation? That's what the TC indicated. I did not stretch the hypothetical past the constraints given. You're the one going off on a tangent.
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] You're talking about another specific situation. Who said anything about not having ambition or motivation? entropyecho specifically said this : let's say you experienced hard times in the past (i.e. bad job, in school, no money, bottom of the economic/social totem pole, chemical dependency problem, etc.). None of that says lack of ambition or motivation. You think that because you're motivated and ambitious that you'll really never have hard times?

frostybanana

How is that a specific situation? That's what the TC indicated. I did not stretch the hypothetical past the constraints given. You're the one going off on a tangent.

Where in his original statement did he say it was about money directly? If this EXACT scenario existed. Let's say a friend told you this same story and you are the second person...

You could ASSUME it's about money. But without knowing the motivation behind the girl's actions, how can you be so certain? Being in a similar place where I would not date a girl with no viable career, and having absolutely no need for supplemental income myself, I can empathize with any hypothetical person that is made to be a villain just because they are picky with whom they choose to date.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 frostybanana

[QUOTE="frostybanana"][QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

UltimoIce

Where in his original statement did he say it was about money directly? If this EXACT scenario existed. Let's say a friend told you this same story and you are the second person...

You could ASSUME it's about money. But without knowing the motivation behind the girl's actions, how can you be so certain? Being in a similar place where I would not date a girl with no viable career, and having absolutely no need for supplemental income myself, I can empathize with any hypothetical person that is made to be a villain just because they are picky with whom they choose to date.

And when did I say it was about money? I never even said the word money. Like I said, I never went past what the TC said.
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] How is that a specific situation? That's what the TC indicated. I did not stretch the hypothetical past the constraints given. You're the one going off on a tangent. frostybanana

And when did I say it was about money? I never even said the word money. Like I said, I never went past what the TC said.

Then what are we arguing about? I fail to see any disagreement with what I was saying, then.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 frostybanana

UltimoIce

Then what are we arguing about? I fail to see any disagreement with what I was saying, then.

Then read what I said.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#75 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

No I would not. Call me bitter, but if someone rejects me once, I don't go looking for them again. There's plenty of other peopel in the world.

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] And when did I say it was about money? I never even said the word money. Like I said, I never went past what the TC said.frostybanana

Then read what I said.

Haha what? I say "she's not necessarily a gold digger", and you say you disagree, but it's not about money. Honestly it all makes no sense. So unless you want to more clearly elaborate your side, then we are probably done arguing.

Avatar image for BlindBluMonstah
BlindBluMonstah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 BlindBluMonstah
Member since 2009 • 13858 Posts

I wouldnt date a guy who had no ambition its so unnattractive S: Id reconsider once he sorted himself out :) So dating a guy who previously rejected me due to lack on ambitiion, hmmmm why not :P

tofu-lion91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 tofu-lion91
Member since 2008 • 13496 Posts
[QUOTE="Secret-Face"] She fits the profile of a gold digger perfectly. She refuses to go out on date because you have no money, and then goes out with "Mr successful businessman". That should be a sure-fire sign whats she wants in a man. When you start making a lot of money (probably more than him), he gets dumped and now she wants to go out with you?

Or maybe she's become single again and seen you've got into gear, found a job and scrubbed yourself up a bit. She probably always liked your personality but it wasn't enough. Being a nice guy doesn't automatically make you dating material - you've got to look after your appearance and be going somewhere in life too. I'll happily admit when I found out my ex had got a job and had smartened up a bit I was interested in him again.
frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 frostybanana

UltimoIce

Then read what I said.

Haha what? I say "she's not necessarily a gold digger", and you say you disagree, but it's not about money. Honestly it all makes no sense. So unless you want to more clearly elaborate your side, then we are probably done arguing.

Then you completely missed the point of my post. I have nothing to elaborate, I could not have been any clearer. If you think all I said was "I disagree" then that's a reading comprehension fail and it's not on me. But no, I have no interest in arguing at all.
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 UltimoIce

For those that are arguing against me (which again, most of you are probably in the category of not yet having life sorted out), just read the lady's responses in this thread. It is my point exactly.

You can only take people at face value. If they sit in their parents' basement smoking weed but say they can deliver the world, that doesn't mean they will. The only way to gauge someone's success is by their success. I'm not saying she is not a gold digger, I'm just saying this scenario doesn't qualify her as one either, as many women (and men for that matter) prefer to date people of a similar class.

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] Then read what I said. frostybanana

Then you completely missed the point of my post. I have nothing to elaborate, I could not have been any clearer. If you think all I said was "I disagree" then that's a reading comprehension fail and it's not on me. But no, I have no interest in arguing at all.

I could read through this string a million times and still have no idea what your point was, because it makes little sense in conjunction. As a rhetoric specialist, I would like to believe I read just fine, but perhaps it makes more sense to some people than others? No clue, either way, have a good day!

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 frostybanana

UltimoIce

I could read through this string a million times and still have no idea what your point was, because it makes little sense in conjunction. As a rhetoric specialist, I would like to believe I read just fine, but perhaps it makes more sense to some people than others? No clue, either way, have a good day!

Right, "rhetoric specialist" :roll:. Yeah you have a good day specializing in rhetoric, lawl.
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] Then you completely missed the point of my post. I have nothing to elaborate, I could not have been any clearer. If you think all I said was "I disagree" then that's a reading comprehension fail and it's not on me. But no, I have no interest in arguing at all. frostybanana

Right, "rhetoric specialist" :roll:. Yeah you have a good day specializing in rhetoric, lawl.

You know, when you take things personally on a forums, it only further proves that you feel threatened (and is a rhetoric sign of weakness). :). Tip for the future.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 frostybanana

UltimoIce

You know, when you take things personally on a forums, it only further proves that you feel threatened (and is a rhetoric sign of weakness). :). Tip for the future.

Trust me, the last thing I'm doing is taking it personally. There's nothing to take personally. People being full of BS just amazes me sometimes. That's all.
Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#85 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111411 Posts
OP situation, means she's a gold digger, so no.
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] Right, "rhetoric specialist" :roll:. Yeah you have a good day specializing in rhetoric, lawl. frostybanana

Trust me, the last thing I'm doing is taking it personally. There's nothing to take personally. People being full of BS just amazes me sometimes. That's all.

Alright, then it's good you are not taking things personally (one would normally assume sarcastic responses a sign as such, fyi). And it's a shame you find my argument full of BS, because it is a valid point of view. Have a good day!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#87 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Been reading some of these responses, and I have to disagree with a lot of you. I would say no to her, just out of my own stubborness. If someone rejects me, my thoughts are "well then screw you too!". But I don't really know if this woman would be considered a "gold digger".Besides, is that any more shallow than dating someone because you find them good looking?

There could have been a whole host of reasons she rejected the OP. Maybe he wasn't confident, maybe he was a differnt person back then, or maybe she was just more interested in someone else. I've been in plenty of situations where I mayhave liked someone, but I liked another person more. I'd have to know the age of the OP, but if this girl was interested in a successful businessman, than chances are he's much older. You don't see many "successful" business men in their early or even late 20's. Most of those guys are slaving away at some firm for the first decade of their working career. Not until their 30's that they really start to come into their own.

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
Say you can afford a pedigree trophy wife now. Ask her why adopt from the pound?
Suzy_Q_Kazoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 Suzy_Q_Kazoo
Member since 2010 • 9899 Posts

For those that are arguing against me (which again, most of you are probably in the category of not yet having life sorted out), just read the lady's responses in this thread. It is my point exactly.

You can only take people at face value. If they sit in their parents' basement smoking weed but say they can deliver the world, that doesn't mean they will. The only way to gauge someone's success is by their success. I'm not saying she is not a gold digger, I'm just saying this scenario doesn't qualify her as one either, as many women (and men for that matter) prefer to date people of a similar class.

UltimoIce

I don't think the girl is a gold digger in any way (there's nothing wrong with looking for stability in a potential partner), but I still wouldn't be interested in someone who only decided to give me a shot after having seen me in better circumstances. Maybe I'm paranoid or something, but it'd make me doubt how much they genuinely liked me in the first place. Also, the lingering thought of whether or not I were to happen upon those circumstances again would result in their departure would be difficult to ignore. Of course, this is going by the assumption the person isn't a total hobo or pothead or something.

This depends on a lot though. I'm young and not in the place to do any sort of serious dating. Maybe my viewpoint would change as I get older and look to settle down, but for now this is how I see it.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 frostybanana

UltimoIce

Alright, then it's good you are not taking things personally (one would normally assume sarcastic responses a sign as such, fyi). And it's a shame you find my argument full of BS, because it is a valid point of view. Have a good day!

I don't find your point of view as BS at all. Quite the opposite. Your POV is irrelevant though, because you're reading past what the TC has given. However, I do think you as a person is full of BS. Because normal people don't walk around saying "I'm a rhetoric specialist" as if that's supposed to give you credibility. Give me a break. Next time you get into a thread make sure you immediately state how much of a rhetoric expert you are so everyone else can just bow to your infinite wisdom.
UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

Suzy_Q_Kazoo

I don't think the girl is a gold digger in any way (there's nothing wrong with looking for stability in a potential partner), but I still wouldn't be interested in someone who only decided to give me a shot after having seen me in better circumstances. Maybe I'm paranoid or something, but it'd make me doubt how much they genuinely liked me in the first place. Also, the lingering thought of whether or not I were to happen upon those circumstances again would result in their departure would be difficult to ignore. Of course, this is going by the assumption the person isn't a total hobo or pothead or something.

This depends on a lot though. I'm young and not in the place to do any sort of serious dating. Maybe my viewpoint would change as I get older and look to settle down, but for now this is how I see it.

Valid point of view, and some good points. I agree completely that we don't have the full story here to make a definitive judgement on either person. So it's hard to say if I would say "yes" or "no" without knowing the surrounding circumstances. It just irks me that some people are so defiantly certain she is only after money.

UltimoIce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 UltimoIce

[QUOTE="UltimoIce"]

[QUOTE="frostybanana"] Trust me, the last thing I'm doing is taking it personally. There's nothing to take personally. People being full of BS just amazes me sometimes. That's all. frostybanana

I don't find your point of view as BS at all. Quite the opposite. Your POV is irrelevant though, because you're reading past what the TC has given. However, I do think you as a person is full of BS. Because normal people don't walk around saying "I'm a rhetoric specialist" as if that's supposed to give you credibility. Give me a break. Next time you get into a thread make sure you immediately state how much of a rhetoric expert you are so everyone else can just bow to your infinite wisdom.

I'm sorry, if you wanted credentials, all you have to do is ask. But I didn't want to bore the people reading this thread with such details. But I can PM you with my writing credentials if you are worried about where I come from. :)

Avatar image for CreasianDevaili
CreasianDevaili

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 CreasianDevaili
Member since 2005 • 4429 Posts
I like the fact that people assume the girl is a gold digger and is a bad person. Some of the main things I look for in a partner is someone who has enough money to do things with me, not to take me out, but to pay their half, and someone who is well groomed. I don't think that makes me a gold digger at all. Some people seem to have a bit of a fanciful notion when it comes to relationships, that the girl must support them no matter what and be there through the tough times. Life is shallow - make the effort and you'll get the rewards. Why should an unemployed slob deserve an average girl?tofu-lion91
Hmm. Not that many guys out there that think that so do not worry. Most guys will drop a suddenly long term illed girl easily enough. Or if they find someone prettier who makes them thrilled. Stepping stones are there on both sides.
ToastRider11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#94 ToastRider11
Member since 2010 • 2573 Posts

Weird........ I'm kinda in this situation right now. Seriously, I wasn't fast enough and didn't have ambition with this girl that I liked. We flirted a lot with each other but it didn't get farther than that. Now she's currently with my best friend. Because of that my best friend and I haven't been talking much. Maybe one day, I can get with her. But I would date her even if she has kinda rejected me in the past. If that happens, take it. Its your 2nd chance.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
deactivated-5ac102a4472fe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#95 deactivated-5ac102a4472fe
Member since 2007 • 7431 Posts

No, basicly I would look at her, laugh long and hard, and walk away.

I am not a true beliver of second chances, unless the reason that it did not work the first time were due to outside factors.

Desulated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#96 Desulated
Member since 2005 • 30952 Posts

I'll laugh at her face, give her the middle finger and tell her to gtfo.

That is just a big warning siren that she's a gold digger that goes after rich guys' pockets. No thanks. I don't want to date a bloodsucking leech. There's a reason that she ignored you when you were poor and suddenly came running to you like a dog catching the scent of bacon when you became MMMM richer.

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#97 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

I think I'd be more pissed about being rejected for that then pretty much anything else. I'm pretty competitive and that's just a plain insult to my ego, and I don't take that very well, lol. If she was hot, I'd probably say yes, but I definitely wouldn't give her much respect.

Zyrokin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 Zyrokin
Member since 2010 • 1756 Posts

Can't blame a girl for having standards. I sure do.

Personality is the nutrients, but sometimes ya need a little sugar with that personality.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36047 Posts

if she rejected me before then she can f*** off.

Protoford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#100 Protoford
Member since 2007 • 372 Posts
I've had them run background and credit checks on me and come back a week later with a better attitude. So yes, I have and would again.