Would you be just fine if you knew there was no life after death?

• 144 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

COBHC_reaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 COBHC_reaper
Member since 2006 • 1793 Posts

That would be horrible if everything was just science... there would be like no point in living...

If there is no life after death, then I might as well just die now. Working in school and stuff wouldn't matter crap.

There's been tons of "real" ghost stories and videos, but I mean with a population of seven billion wouldn't you expect someone to see something fishy?

aaaaarrrrggggg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 aaaaarrrrggggg
Member since 2005 • 13979 Posts
If there was no life after death, i would just work harder to enjoy the life that i have now.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#3 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
For some reason, I see reincarnation as the most likely outcome.
Hey_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hey_Jay
Member since 2004 • 7221 Posts
If it were a fact that there was no life after death I'd drop everything I'm doing now to have an adventure and live my life in the ridiculously fast lane minus the drugs and alcohol, of course.
MaTt345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 MaTt345
Member since 2006 • 235 Posts
Kinda a dark topic lol but i kinda agree with you, i believe that after you die you are just born again with no recollection of your past life/lives.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#6 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
im very confident thats theres no afterlife and i feel just fine. though i dont see how the existance of an afterlife would effect the value of schooling.
Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
I would be very sad anyway I got a question if your reincarnated do you know at some point of your past life
bobblyhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 bobblyhead
Member since 2006 • 331 Posts

If there was no life after death, i would just work harder to enjoy the life that i have now. aaaaarrrrggggg

we have a winner! topic over.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
We take it upon ourselves to make our lives worth living. No afterlife can make us do that.
fkholmes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 fkholmes
Member since 2006 • 8887 Posts
Yup. At the moment I believe that there is nothing after death.
shaza91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 shaza91
Member since 2005 • 3696 Posts

For some reason, I see reincarnation as the most likely outcome.SolidSnake35

That's how I see it. And if you lived a good first or whatever number of lives your on, your next life will be even better.

Avatar image for Indestructible2
Indestructible2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Indestructible2
Member since 2007 • 5935 Posts

Thinking that there's no afterlife makes me wanna somehow become IMMORTAL!

:cry: Anyone know of any way to make me immortal? :(

Foolz3h

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Foolz3h
Member since 2006 • 23739 Posts
There is no life after death and no I am not fine i am however fine with there being no life after death.
TallicaFan2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TallicaFan2005
Member since 2005 • 4126 Posts
I already know that, and I'm fine. The people who think otherwise are the worse off, at least in my opinion.
SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#15 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts

[QUOTE="SolidSnake35"]For some reason, I see reincarnation as the most likely outcome.shaza91

That's how I see it. And if you lived a good first or whatever number of lives your on, your next life will be even better.

Yeah, I really like that idea... I saw a film about something similar. If you were a good person, you advanced to the next "stage". If not, you had to retry. :P
Jingo13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Jingo13
Member since 2003 • 507 Posts

Indestructible2

Walk up a steep cliff and raise a sword up in the air. Also... make sure a storm is about when you work on such a task.

J-Man725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 J-Man725
Member since 2006 • 6786 Posts

Well i've already made peace with the fact that there very well could be nothing after death. I've always had a feeling that it is just how it is before you are born, no consciousness of ever being.

Avatar image for Fanboi_Roadkill
Fanboi_Roadkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Fanboi_Roadkill
Member since 2006 • 203 Posts
I would be very sad anyway I got a question if your reincarnated do you know at some point of your past lifenintendo_fan675

You can through some practice (meditation, etc) But for the most part you'll remember when you die again.
Judza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Judza
Member since 2004 • 4637 Posts

That or spirits/ghosts.

Either way, if nothing exists after death, it makes me want to live life to the fullest, rather than live by the restrictions imposed by religions that claim "You'll be in Heaven in death because of your devotion to God in life".

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

Indestructible2

you'd get bored.

Iron_will

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Iron_will
Member since 2007 • 2837 Posts
Yeah, I would be just fine if there was no life after death.
shroomario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 shroomario
Member since 2006 • 409 Posts

this is a ridiculous question i dont even no if it is a question. Why are we here? ItsGOD homies and all of you will find salvation because of you lack of knowledge even me even though im smarter than you all

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

Indestructible2

Become a bodhisattva.
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Hewkii

this is a ridiculous question i dont even no if it is a question. Why are we here? ItsGOD homies and all of you will find salvation because of you lack of knowledge even me even though im smarter than you all

shroomario

ah, but if so, which god?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#25 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
No life after death? I'd do the same thing I usually do only much, much, more. Speaking of which.
Judza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Judza
Member since 2004 • 4637 Posts

shroomario

Smarter you say?...Coming from the poster who can't use proper puncuation in their post, and just bad mouthed all people who have differing beliefs about God in the other topic?

The topic is asking about our personal feelings on the matter in the "Hypothetical situation" that there were no afterlife of any kind. It is not disrespecting beliefs shroomario, it is asking for input on a possible situation.

But I'll counter your post of butchered English with this...

Who's come back from death to share with us the actual experience of the after life? None. Don't believe you know the facts, when neither our views, nor yours have any credibility. In my case, as I said...I'd be fine if there was no afterlife.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts
Yup. At the moment I believe that there is nothing after death.fkholmes
Same here. It wouldn't bother me if there wasn't.
dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dlp21
Member since 2003 • 2116 Posts
As an atheist I believe that there is no afterlife. I am fine with this, the things that drive me is a thirst for knowledge, a need to leave this world a better place for my children, and the want to continue on the human species. I live my life to the fullest, making sure I make the most of it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#29 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
Yes, there'd still be a point of life. Just because life isn't necesarrily isn't boot camp for Heaven or Hell, doesn't mean that you can't have fun with it. Live your life to the fullest; heaven or no heaven. In time, you'll find out the meaning of life, whether God exists or not, why you existed, and everything... Unless there is no after-life, in which case I'm sure your existance, soul, feel of being somewhere, will vanish completely. Holy crap. You'll be gone forever.
shroomario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shroomario
[QUOTE="shroomario"]

Hewkii

ah, but if so, which god?

theres only one god smart one
quiglythegreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 quiglythegreat
Member since 2006 • 16886 Posts
If you want to be pessimistic about it, you can be, but the nonexistence of an afterlife doesn't bother me at all.
shroomario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 shroomario
As an atheist I believe that there is no afterlife. I am fine with this, the things that drive me is a thirst for knowledge, a need to leave this world a better place for my children, and the want to continue on the human species. I live my life to the fullest, making sure I make the most of it.dlp21
i would probalt punch you in the mouth if we were in the same room
shaza91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 shaza91
[QUOTE="Judza"][QUOTE="shroomario"]

shroomario

Smarter you say?...Coming from the poster who can't use proper puncuation in their post, and just bad mouthed all people who have differing beliefs about God in the other topic?

The topic is asking about our personal feelings on the matter in the "Hypothetical situation" that there were no afterlife of any kind. It is not disrespecting beliefs shroomario, it is asking for input on a possible situation.

Who's come back from death to share with us the actual experience of the after life? None. Don't believe you know the facts, when neither our views, nor yours have any credibility. In my case, as I said...I'd be fine if there was no afterlife.

well probally not smarter than you because i can tell you are a star wars nerd and you probaly know how to make flippin light sabber and use the force

And you're probably a Legend of Zelda nerd who loves to play as little boys and follow faries around...

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19574 Posts

That would be horrible if everything was just science... there would be like no point in living...

If there is no life after death, then I might as well just die now. Working in school and stuff wouldn't matter crap.

COBHC_reaper

That makes no sense.

If you believed that there was an afterlife, then your current life probably wouldn't matter as much - which I guess is the reason why religions made up the 'you only go to a good afterlife if you lived a good life' rule.

If you don't believe in the afterlife, then you'll want to live your one and only life to the fullest.

shroomario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shroomario
[QUOTE="shroomario"][QUOTE="Judza"][QUOTE="shroomario"]

shaza91

well probally not smarter than you because i can tell you are a star wars nerd and you probaly know how to make flippin light sabber and use the force

And you're probably a Legend of Zelda nerd who loves to play as little boys and follow faries around...

lol good comeback that made me laugh not being sarcastic
shroomario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 shroomario
[QUOTE="shaza91"][QUOTE="shroomario"][QUOTE="Judza"][QUOTE="shroomario"]

shroomario

lol good comeback that made me laugh not being sarcastic

zelda is better than star wars i would have to say
Maaarrrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Maaarrrz
Member since 2007 • 182 Posts
I don't actually believe in life after death, so I'm fine.
dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 dlp21

[QUOTE="dlp21"]As an atheist I believe that there is no afterlife. I am fine with this, the things that drive me is a thirst for knowledge, a need to leave this world a better place for my children, and the want to continue on the human species. I live my life to the fullest, making sure I make the most of it.shroomario
i would probalt punch you in the mouth if we were in the same room

HAHAHA, dude, I promise, I wouldn't hit you back, 1) because you are prolly some kid and I wouldn't want to go to jail for assaulting a minor, and 2) I would bring charges against you so fast it wouldn't be funny.

But if you wanted to fight in say a legal way, I promise you, I would take you to town brother.

Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Hewkii

theres only one god smart oneshroomario

but which god is the real one?

Maaarrrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Maaarrrz

[QUOTE="shroomario"]theres only one god smart oneHewkii

Whichever one claims to be the only one.

Good luck with that, they're all lying bastards.

dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dlp21
[QUOTE="Hewkii"]

[QUOTE="shroomario"]theres only one god smart oneMaaarrrz

And prove that there is only one, shroomario.

Maaarrrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Maaarrrz
[QUOTE="Maaarrrz"][QUOTE="Hewkii"]

[QUOTE="shroomario"]theres only one god smart onedlp21

And prove that there is only one shroomario.

What the hell, that doesn't even make sense.
dlp21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dlp21
fixed it, haha stupid comma, changes the entire meaning of the sentance.
Maaarrrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Maaarrrz
fixed it, haha stupid comma, changes the entire meaning of the sentance.dlp21
I get it.
gameguy6700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gameguy6700
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

There's been tons of "real" ghost stories and videos, but I mean with a population of seven billion wouldn't you expect someone to see something fishy?

COBHC_reaper

You wont know when you're dead. So if there is no life after death you wont be aware that you're missing anything. Personally I see death as a permanent state of unconciousness. You ever been knocked out for surgery? I think it would be like that, complete unawarness, no thoughts, no dreams, nothing.

No life after death changes nothing about your life either. Would this life have any meaning if you went on to live a new, eternal life? Not really. Its not like your salary, worldly possessions, or reputation follow you. If anything atheism treats life more valuably than religion does. The theist position is that this life doesn't really matter. You screwed up, lost some limbs, live in poverty, live in jail? No problem, you get a second life and that one lasts forever. The atheistic position is that since this is the only life you'll ever get you better make it count.

Come to think of it, what do you think the point of this life is anyway? To get into heaven? In that case, what is the point of your second, eternal life?

FlaminDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FlaminDeath
Member since 2004 • 4181 Posts
If I had 100% infalliable knowledge that there was no afterlife. I'd get a hell of a lot more sinning in before I die.
shaza91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 shaza91
[QUOTE="COBHC_reaper"]

gameguy6700

You wont know when you're dead. So if there is no life after death you wont be aware that you're missing anything. Personally I see death as a permanent state of unconciousness. You ever been knocked out for surgery? I think it would be like that, complete unawarness, no thoughts, no dreams, nothing.

No life after death changes nothing about your life either. Would this life have any meaning if you went on to live a new, eternal life? Not really. Its not like your salary, worldly possessions, or reputation follow you. If anything atheism treats life more valuably than religion does. The theist position is that this life doesn't really matter. You screwed up, lost some limbs, live in poverty, live in jail? No problem, you get a second life and that one lasts forever. The atheistic position is that since this is the only life you'll ever get you better make it count.

Come to think of it, what do you think the point of this life is anyway? To get into heaven? In that case, what is the point of your second, eternal life?

I see what you mean, but I rather go through life looking forward to some sort of after life. And if there is none, hell, I won't be dissapointed, I'd be dead.

Masinai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Masinai
Member since 2007 • 466 Posts

Same.

I mean, imagine if you were just...Not there. You can't see or speak. Or hear. Not move anything. You have no body. No eyes. You're just...Nothing. You can't think. Can't make any noises. Wouldn't that be weird? I mean, there has to be life after life. You can't imagine what death is like unless you have already died. Mabye you have a choice if you want to be an animal? Or human again? Ofcourse, some things are beyond human comprehension.

NostraSamus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NostraSamus
Member since 2004 • 161 Posts

I have this odd feeling telling me if I knew that I'd already be dead...

Or, its impossible to not have an afterlife. How can there be death if you are alive?