Worst movie you saw this year?

• 97 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

o_sausage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 o_sausage
Member since 2006 • 5919 Posts

I AM Legend hands down. It was pathetic. Other than Smith's acting and the first twenty odd minutes the entire movie was pathetic. They took the tragic story written by Matheson and turned it into a happy-ending heroic story so audiences could feel good as they walked out. The plot had more holes in it than a practice target at a firing range and had no twists that were surprising.

[spoiler] They way they introduced the girl eliminated the shock of her being there completely [/spoiler]

B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 B05T0N
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Ghost Rider by FAR. Next would be I Am Legend and Hot Fuzz.
AndrewXXXXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 AndrewXXXXXX
Member since 2005 • 4362 Posts
I don't care what anybody says, Eastern Promises is, hands down, the ABSOLUTE WORST movie of this year. It's equivalent to being in a car that starts up, but never moves. Eastern Promises is, simply, just a waste of time with one of the worst endings I have seen in recent years.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts
I don't care what anybody says, Eastern Promises is, hands down, the ABSOLUTE WORST movie of this year. It's equivalent to being in a car that starts up, but never moves. Eastern Promises is, simply, just a waste of time with one of the worst endings I have seen in recent years.AndrewXXXXXX
maybe you just dont like good movies.... :|
SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 SaintLeonidas
Member since 2006 • 26735 Posts

I don't care what anybody says, Eastern Promises is, hands down, the ABSOLUTE WORST movie of this year. It's equivalent to being in a car that starts up, but never moves. Eastern Promises is, simply, just a waste of time with one of the worst endings I have seen in recent years.AndrewXXXXXX

Couldnt disagree with yeah more but its your opinion. I think Ghost Rider and Resident Evil 3 take the awrds for worst movies of the year.

AndrewXXXXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AndrewXXXXXX

[QUOTE="AndrewXXXXXX"]I don't care what anybody says, Eastern Promises is, hands down, the ABSOLUTE WORST movie of this year. It's equivalent to being in a car that starts up, but never moves. Eastern Promises is, simply, just a waste of time with one of the worst endings I have seen in recent years.Def_Jef88

I have been looking forward to this movie for a long time because of the critical acclaim it has been receiving.I am sorry to say that words cannot describe just how much I truly hate this film.Watching "Eastern Promises" is equivalent to being in a car that starts, but never actually moves.

"Eastern Promises" starts off by showing us the death of a pregnant Russian 14-year-old girl.Isn't that one great introduction?Aren't you actually wondering what is going to happen?That's the exact thought I had, but then somehow, it backstabs you.Then we are introduced to the incredibly foolish midwife at a local London hospital, Anna Khitrova (awkwardly portrayed by Naomi Watts) and, for no truly good reason, she steals the diary of this girl.After that, she uses her barely functional Russian skills and decides to investigate the death, which leads her into the gritty and violent underworld of London.

The biggest problem with "Eastern Promises" is watching every single character in this movie make the worst decisions with no reasons to support it.For example, is there really a reason why Anna, a poor midwife who still lives with her parents, should play detective and start chasing around dangerous mobsters?No, there isn't, and she is not even obsessed, she is just curious, which is, in my opinion, reason enough to not even care.Not only that, this movie gets a reasonably good story and makes it dull and tedious, and it leads up to one of the worst endings I have seen in quite some time.In fact, I would be giving it too much respect to even be calling it a conclusion.It's as if the director did not know what he was doing himself."Eastern Promises" is a promise you should definitely break, for it is the worst film I have seen so far this year.

AndrewXXXXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 AndrewXXXXXX

[QUOTE="AndrewXXXXXX"]I don't care what anybody says, Eastern Promises is, hands down, the ABSOLUTE WORST movie of this year. It's equivalent to being in a car that starts up, but never moves. Eastern Promises is, simply, just a waste of time with one of the worst endings I have seen in recent years.SaintLeonidas

Couldnt disagree with yeah more but its your opinion. I think Ghost Rider and Resident Evil 3 take the awrds for worst movies of the year.

Finally, someone on here who recognizes that it's MY opinion. And I respect your opinion that you loved the movie. :D

GodLovesDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#8 GodLovesDead
Member since 2007 • 9755 Posts
I Am Legend. Horrribbbleeee.
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 bluezy
Member since 2004 • 29297 Posts
I Am Legend. That movie bored me immensely.
TheManWithAPS2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheManWithAPS2
Member since 2005 • 2378 Posts

Ghost Rider by FAR. Next would be I Am Legend and Hot Fuzz.B05T0N

Hot Fuzz!? That was hilarious!

Godofnerdyness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Godofnerdyness
Member since 2007 • 3248 Posts
Funky Fresh Boys. Yuuuuccckkkk.
EndersAres

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 EndersAres
Member since 2005 • 5711 Posts
No Country For Old Men. This movie is a giant pile of uninteresting just like the book. Also SuperBad, this movie is nothing funny at all. It's just another teenager movie that has recycled jokes from movies ten years ago. Also Spiderman 3. It had too many bad guys and it pretty much ruined it.
Def_Jef88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Def_Jef88
Member since 2006 • 17441 Posts

[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="AndrewXXXXXX"]I don't care what anybody says, Eastern Promises is, hands down, the ABSOLUTE WORST movie of this year. It's equivalent to being in a car that starts up, but never moves. Eastern Promises is, simply, just a waste of time with one of the worst endings I have seen in recent years.AndrewXXXXXX

I have been looking forward to this movie for a long time because of the critical acclaim it has been receiving.I am sorry to say that words cannot describe just how much I truly hate this film.Watching "Eastern Promises" is equivalent to being in a car that starts, but never actually moves.

"Eastern Promises" starts off by showing us the death of a pregnant Russian 14-year-old girl.Isn't that one great introduction?Aren't you actually wondering what is going to happen?That's the exact thought I had, but then somehow, it backstabs you.Then we are introduced to the incredibly foolish midwife at a local London hospital, Anna Khitrova (awkwardly portrayed by Naomi Watts) and, for no truly good reason, she steals the diary of this girl.After that, she uses her barely functional Russian skills and decides to investigate the death, which leads her into the gritty and violent underworld of London.

The biggest problem with "Eastern Promises" is watching every single character in this movie make the worst decisions with no reasons to support it.For example, is there really a reason why Anna, a poor midwife who still lives with her parents, should play detective and start chasing around dangerous mobsters?No, there isn't, and she is not even obsessed, she is just curious, which is, in my opinion, reason enough to not even care.Not only that, this movie gets a reasonably good story and makes it dull and tedious, and it leads up to one of the worst endings I have seen in quite some time.In fact, I would be giving it too much respect to even be calling it a conclusion.It's as if the director did not know what he was doing himself."Eastern Promises" is a promise you should definitely break, for it is the worst film I have seen so far this year.

she clearly stated that she was searching for any information on possible relatives. so, ya know, the baby didnt grow up a foster kid...
B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 B05T0N
No Country For Old Men. This movie is a giant pile of uninteresting just like the book. Also SuperBad, this movie is nothing funny at all. It's just another teenager movie that has recycled jokes from movies ten years ago. Also Spiderman 3. It had too many bad guys and it pretty much ruined it.EndersAres

You should be banned from movie watching.
grassdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 grassdream
Member since 2006 • 1902 Posts
Stardust, no doubt.
MarchOfThePigs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MarchOfThePigs
Member since 2004 • 1766 Posts
i am legend
bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 bluezy
[QUOTE="B05T0N"]Ghost Rider by FAR. Next would be I Am Legend and Hot Fuzz.TheManWithAPS2

Well, the first third of it was.
ernie1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ernie1989
Member since 2004 • 8547 Posts
From the stuff released this year: Beowulf in first place, then i Am Legend, and then Eastern Promises (I was also looking forward to this and ended up dissapointed).
Luka-Kovach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Luka-Kovach
Member since 2007 • 303 Posts

[QUOTE="Def_Jef88"][QUOTE="AndrewXXXXXX"]I don't care what anybody says, Eastern Promises is, hands down, the ABSOLUTE WORST movie of this year. It's equivalent to being in a car that starts up, but never moves. Eastern Promises is, simply, just a waste of time with one of the worst endings I have seen in recent years.AndrewXXXXXX

Actually, there is a reason why she starts investigating, and the reason is the 14 year old girl's baby. She took the diary to learn something about her to identify her, and thus send the baby to her parents.

Paying attention FTW.

edit: oh yeah, Resident Evil 3 takes the prize for worst movie of the year.

B05T0N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 B05T0N

[QUOTE="B05T0N"]Ghost Rider by FAR. Next would be I Am Legend and Hot Fuzz.TheManWithAPS2

Probably the dumbest movie I've ever seen.
TM_Darkside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TM_Darkside
Member since 2007 • 3993 Posts
Definitely Rob Zombie's rendition of Halloween. I'd rather have a woman wearing stiletto heels stomp on my cubes than sit through that mind-rape again.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Film-Guy
Member since 2007 • 26778 Posts

I am legend was the worst by far, the first 30 or so minutes were good and I loved the empty New York. But when they introduced the mutants:lol: They looked so cheesy and fake. using real people and make up would have been better. Heck making the CGI less crappy would hvae helped. But it really fell apart when that girl and that boy saved him from the mutants. How did she get there anyway? The bridge was blown up! And of course will smith has to save the world again and then we hear a stupid speach that nobody cares about when she gets to the colony.

I would give this movie a 5 out of 10 at best. Huge dissapointment and another bad adaptation of the book.

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="TheManWithAPS2"][QUOTE="B05T0N"]Ghost Rider by FAR. Next would be I Am Legend and Hot Fuzz.bluezy

you do realize its an action movie homage rather than a pure spoof.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SaintLeonidas

Stardust, no doubt.grassdream

I thought that was one of the most enjoyable and entertaining movies Ive seen in awhile and it was a big surprise.

-OpaK-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -OpaK-
Member since 2006 • 2728 Posts

The Mist. I didnt really like the ending, it was something you either loved or hated

edit: nevermind I'd give it to Hairspray. Soo annoying:x

bluezy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bluezy
[QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="TheManWithAPS2"][QUOTE="B05T0N"]Ghost Rider by FAR. Next would be I Am Legend and Hot Fuzz.Film-Guy

Yes, the action scenes were entertaining as they should be. But the real comedy was in the first third of the movie, IMO. The middle was pretty slow paced, and the ending was actiony. Good movie, but only some of it was funny.
Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="grassdream"]Stardust, no doubt.SaintLeonidas

I thought that was one of the most enjoyable and entertaining movies Ive seen in awhile and it was a big surprise.

I liked it to, shame it flopped:(

Film-Guy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Film-Guy

[QUOTE="Film-Guy"][QUOTE="bluezy"][QUOTE="TheManWithAPS2"][QUOTE="B05T0N"]Ghost Rider by FAR. Next would be I Am Legend and Hot Fuzz.bluezy

Yes, the action scenes were entertaining as they should be. But the real comedy was in the first third of the movie, IMO. The middle was pretty slow paced, and the ending was actiony. Good movie, but only some of it was funny.

I liked it more than shaun of the dead, the two andys were one reason why:D

grassdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 grassdream
Member since 2006 • 1902 Posts

[QUOTE="grassdream"]Stardust, no doubt.SaintLeonidas

Some parts were cute and charming, and Robert DeNiro was entertaining, but I just couldn't get into it.

SaintLeonidas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SaintLeonidas
[QUOTE="SaintLeonidas"]

[QUOTE="grassdream"]Stardust, no doubt.grassdream

Some parts were cute and charming, and Robert DeNiro was entertaining, but I just couldn't get into it.

yeah, well De Niro was great. [spoiler] i knew about him going into it, but my brother didnt so when he walks in and showed his "true self" my brother was like wtf!. What the charatcer did wasnt even that funny, just the fact that it was De Niro, Mr. Tough Mafia playing that role was a riot [/spoiler]

WeAreToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 WeAreToast
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts
I'd rather have a woman wearing stiletto heels stomp on my cubes.TM_Darkside
You have cubes in your pants?! Anyway, by some sort of default, I have to say Fred Claus.
Angry_Clown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Angry_Clown
Member since 2007 • 323 Posts

[QUOTE="AndrewXXXXXX"]I don't care what anybody says, Eastern Promises is, hands down, the ABSOLUTE WORST movie of this year. It's equivalent to being in a car that starts up, but never moves. Eastern Promises is, simply, just a waste of time with one of the worst endings I have seen in recent years.Def_Jef88

i agree...you have no taste in movies. and vigo mortenson was fantastic in it.

GettingTired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GettingTired
Member since 2006 • 5994 Posts
[QUOTE="TheManWithAPS2"]

[QUOTE="B05T0N"]Ghost Rider by FAR. Next would be I Am Legend and Hot Fuzz.B05T0N

Probably the dumbest movie I've ever seen.

May I ask what comedy movies you do like? Because I can't see how someone could possibly hate Hot Fuzz.
R0cky_Racc00n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 R0cky_Racc00n
Member since 2006 • 5088 Posts
I am Legend wasn't that bad. It had suspense, it made me jump up a bit, so I guess that warrants it as not awful. Some of the plot was dumb though.
sly718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 sly718
Member since 2006 • 921 Posts
i like i am legend the worst movie of 07 was the simpsons movie
SAURON221

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SAURON221
Member since 2006 • 2508 Posts
I would have to say epic movie was the worst.
bmoreangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 bmoreangel
Member since 2007 • 1582 Posts
I'm surprised no one said Spiderman 3 yet
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#38 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
'The Invisible'
What a waste of money :(
kozzy1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#39 kozzy1234
Member since 2005 • 35966 Posts

Worst = Saw 4 or I Am Legend

Best = No Country for Old Men and 310 to yuma

death_bagel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 death_bagel
Member since 2006 • 3449 Posts
Ghost Rider, easily. Everyone thought it was going to be good, but it was horrible. The lines were predictable, the story was boring, and the jokes were corny. You can say its the "Lair" of movies this year.
Hallenbeck77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Hallenbeck77  Moderator
Member since 2005 • 16879 Posts

I KNOW I'm gonna get a lot of flack for mentioning this movie, but it's Live Free or Die Hard. I know that there was a lot of people who enjoyed it, and I was hoping I would as well...but with a terrible script, flaws in the movie, and turning the character of John McClaine into an indescructable supercop is what made this movie in my eyes the worst in the series, and the most disappointing film I've seen this year.

jodamn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#42 jodamn
Member since 2007 • 893 Posts

No Country For Old Men. This movie is a giant pile of uninteresting just like the book. Also SuperBad, this movie is nothing funny at all. It's just another teenager movie that has recycled jokes from movies ten years ago. Also Spiderman 3. It had too many bad guys and it pretty much ruined it.EndersAres

Out of curosity, why'd you see the movie if you didn't like the book? ;)

Edit: Oh right, the actual topic - I dunno, Alien v Predator 2? I'm not sure if it's the worst this year, but I just saw it recently and so it's fresh in my mind. I'd also agree that I am legend was over-hyped and didn't deliver. The ending, especially, felt completely unbelievable and tacked on. Then again, I wasn't especially impressed with 28 weeks later, either. Maybe it's just a bad year for movies.

wizard90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 wizard90
Member since 2007 • 1464 Posts
Whats all the hate on I am legend about, okay it could have been longer and it might have bored people who need explosions and cleavage every 5mins before they get bored, but its a good film and good acting, there werent even any major flaws that I can think of.
Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
hitman. it was terrible
ElZilcho90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ElZilcho90
Member since 2006 • 6157 Posts
Well, just watched Eight Crazy Nights on TV... even though I saw it for free, I demand a refund.
edd678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 edd678
Member since 2006 • 3660 Posts
I saw the newish Herby the car film with Linsey Lohan in. My god that is the worst film ever let alone the worst of the year.
Rekunta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#47 Rekunta
Member since 2002 • 8275 Posts
Transformers. Robots pissing on people? Pathetic and a completewaste of money. Either that, Spiderman 3, or Saw 4.
Davidhye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Davidhye
Member since 2005 • 12018 Posts

If Epic Movie was released this year - than it is definitely my choice ! If not... then i don't really have any :?

the biggest disappointment though was Knocked Up. everybody was talking about it, so i watched it - and it's a silly romantic comedy which is only funny for first 30 minutea! I loved Superbad, 40 year-old Virgin but Knocked Up was stupid. Definitely not the worst movie of the year but the biggest disappointment for me!

japa28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#49 japa28
Member since 2004 • 2797 Posts
I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry.
Lord_Daemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 Lord_Daemon
Member since 2005 • 24535 Posts

asdf

Star Wars III - Revenge of the Sith : Just simply a dreadful, dreadful movie. I had avoided it due to the torture I had to endure watching the first two awful prequels but I was trapped at the San Diego Comic-con and curiousity got the better of me unfortunately. Although not quite as painful as part II it was still much worse than I had thought it would be.