Will the USA enter a civil war?

• 78 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for samanthademeste
samanthademeste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By samanthademeste

Poll Will the USA enter a civil war? (91 votes)

yes 9%
maybe 16%
no 75%

I think so. The incensing tension between left-wingers and right-wingers, (with centrists caught in the middle) secular humanists and Christians, etc. It's a ticking time bomb. Both sides have become increasingly hateful and fearful of each other, often using violence as a means to achieve their goals.

• 
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#51 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

Yes. We've already had one. History does repeat itself. I have no idea when it will happen, though.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#52 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@iandizion713 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@iandizion713 said:

No, but were gonna protest like never before. They gonna hear our voices loud and clear.

Then you'll invite the psychotic Anarcho-Communist to smash shit up like they did in the Inauguration

All people are welcome to protest. But please be safe and take caution.

So you would still let these violent anarcho-communist to hurt people as well?

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#53 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: We would encourage them to not hurt others.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 FireEmblem_Man

@iandizion713 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: We would encourage them to not hurt others.

Good luck with that, because they give no fucks what want them to do, which is why they're called Anarcho-Communist. They don't believe in authority, but believes that no man owns property.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#55 iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: There just way ahead of their time.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#56 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

IF it happens, it will be fought by passive-aggressive means and memes.

SarahF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SarahF
Member since 2015 • 182 Posts

I just want the right wing to stop trying to impose their version of "Christianity" on the rest of us through the law. I dont want a war. I dont want violence. I just want to have basic human dignity and be treated as an equal to everyone else.

Political parties wont figure this out, neither has my best interests at heart, or yours. Im just tired of all the hatred. Im tired of ignorance being a virtue. Im tired of being scared. Im tired of being harassed and threatened by people who claim to follow Jesus, but showcase absolutely none of his traits in their deeds and words.

All I want is to earn a living, live my life in peace, and be able to walk down the street holding hands with the person I love without wondering if I will be murdered by the thickly muscled bearded man wearing a confederate flag hat and looking at me like my very existence offends him.

Im tired of owning a gun just to have around to shoot myself with. Im just plain tired of it all. "I dont want to live on this planet anymore".

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

No. Who would the civil war be between? Bitches on either side of the political aisle? Our military wouldn't be involved.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@sarahf said:

I just want the right wing to stop trying to impose their version of "Christianity" on the rest of us through the law. I dont want a war. I dont want violence. I just want to have basic human dignity and be treated as an equal to everyone else.

Political parties wont figure this out, neither has my best interests at heart, or yours. Im just tired of all the hatred. Im tired of ignorance being a virtue. Im tired of being scared. Im tired of being harassed and threatened by people who claim to follow Jesus, but showcase absolutely none of his traits in their deeds and words.

All I want is to earn a living, live my life in peace, and be able to walk down the street holding hands with the person I love without wondering if I will be murdered by the thickly muscled bearded man wearing a confederate flag hat and looking at me like my very existence offends him.

Im tired of owning a gun just to have around to shoot myself with. Im just plain tired of it all. "I dont want to live on this planet anymore".

People on the right wing don't want people on the left to impose their self righteous values on them, either. How about everyone leave each other alone?

SarahF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SarahF
Member since 2015 • 182 Posts

@sonicare: self righteous values like not discriminating against me in housing, employment, and healthcare? I dont understand the pushback on that. I just want live as an equal in peace, they say "no because the bible".

THUMPTABLE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 THUMPTABLE
Member since 2003 • 2357 Posts

@redrichard said:

I hope so. Having the US gone as a sole superpower will be good for international stability in the long run.

Sole superpower, don't think so...

Balrogbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 63

#63 Balrogbane
Member since 2014 • 1051 Posts

I doubt it. There are no two easily defined sides. The Civil War was fought along state lines; what battle lines would a civil war today be fought on?

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#64  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17660 Posts

Anyone that supports a president that pulls into question and smears the integrity of our democratic institution for nothing but the sake of his own vanity, attacks the credibility of one of the bedrocks to a free society so as to be able to spread his own propaganda, degrades the CIA and in turn its sacrifices when it doesn't serve his own interests but praises them when it does, builds walls instead of working towards unity while taking the necessary precautions, intervenes in the free-market to claim he's saved jobs to pump his own ego, worsens relations to our neighbors and alienates the world through posturing, bullying, and aggressive rhetoric, insults vast demographics and nationalities, throws away attempts to protect our (and the world's) future for short term economic growth, instills and encourages the furthering of prejudices and increasing isolationism, who carelessly claims we may "have the chance" to take Iraq's oil (indirectly endangering our lives through the engendering of our enemies in the process.....I thought Hillary was supposed to be the warmonger?) is not an American at all, in my opinion.

A civil war by definition necessitates countrymen fighting their own. In this case, there's true Americans who stand against Trump and for values him and his followers couldn't seem to care less for, and then there's the traitors who stand by him.

They could all be shot and left for dead in the streets for all I care.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#65 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

Wouldn't be much of a war, considering who has all the guns

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3867 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@iandizion713 said:

No, but were gonna protest like never before. They gonna hear our voices loud and clear.

We heard you, we just rejected what you have to say.

That's because you drank the kool aid.

Kool aid? No, your crap was destroying our country. We are going to get rid of it.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178847 Posts

@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@iandizion713 said:

Kool aid? No, your crap was destroying our country. We are going to get rid of it.

Last I checked I wasn't in charge. And unlike your entitled self I served my country. So shut it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

@sarahf said:

@sonicare: self righteous values like not discriminating against me in housing, employment, and healthcare? I dont understand the pushback on that. I just want live as an equal in peace, they say "no because the bible".

People discriminate against you in housing, employment, and healthcare because of the bible? That's a new one.

plageus900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 plageus900
Member since 2013 • 3065 Posts

@sarahf said:

I understand the employment and healthcare part of your statement, but what do you mean by housing?

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 FireEmblem_Man

@sarahf said:

I lol'd!

garywood69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By garywood69
Member since 2013 • 518 Posts

It'd be an interesting fight.

Left:

-Good at inventing new technology.

-Might get support from Canada.

Right:

-Everyone has guns.
-Loves and praises the military.
-Loves and praises the police.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#73  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

I think it could very well happen if Trump gets assassinated......and an attempt is quite possible

JimB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#74 JimB
Member since 2002 • 3867 Posts

@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@LJS9502_basic said:
@JimB said:
@iandizion713 said:

Last I checked I wasn't in charge. And unlike your entitled self I served my country. So shut it.

So dd I for sis years. Your crap is still destroying the country.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#75 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19552 Posts

If California threatens Calexit, and Trump gets triggered by it, then civil war could become a possibility.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#76  Edited By KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@AFBrat77 said:

I think it could very well happen if Trump gets assassinated......and an attempt is quite possible

You mean besides the attempts that already occurred?

@Jag85 said:

If California threatens Calexit, and Trump gets triggered by it, then civil war could become a possibility.

If it were possible, Republicans would love for California to secede. It's basically like giving a very burdensome, disrespectful suicidal person a noose. Would be fantastic for the country, not so good for California.

Avatar image for deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
deactivated-5901ac91d8e33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By deactivated-5901ac91d8e33
Member since 2004 • 17092 Posts

The best way to avoid civil war is for the US government to go after leftist interests and agitators in all levels of government and industry NOW. They're actively working on weakening the country to the point of lawlessness.