FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

This video makes a strong case for Trump winning this years election.

Do you agree or disagree? Let's try to keep discussion civil here.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#2 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man:

Unless all of the Democratic party decided to go rogue, I strongly don't see that happening. Either Hillary or Bernie will take him down. We already knew the true colors of the Republican party were what Trump pretends to represent.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 N64DD
Member since 2015 • 13167 Posts

This is Liberalspot. You won't get anything about people wanting to worship an Idol of Hillary here. Trump will win the election though. I'll take a sig bet with anybody who doesn't believe so.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

I still have faith in humanity so no I don't see Donald Trump becoming the President.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BattleStreak
Member since 2016 • 1763 Posts
@n64dd said:

This is Liberalspot. You won't get anything about people wanting to worship an Idol of Hillary here. Trump will win the election though. I'll take a sig bet with anybody who doesn't believe so.

Actually, GameSpot is pretty split between Democratic and Republican agendas. At least, a lot more than other sites in my experience.

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

Hillary's got this, no doubt.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 FireEmblem_Man

@Archangel3371 said:

I still have faith in humanity so no I don't see Donald Trump becoming the President.

So you still have faith in humanity even if Hillary will be president?

AFBrat77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AFBrat77
Member since 2004 • 26848 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man:

I do, Hillary will make a fine president.

But I'd have no faith in fellow Americans if Trump is elected....then I would truly believe what the Europeans believe, that the majority of the voting American public are ignorant idiots. I'm certain Trump won't win anyways.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

@battlestreak: I agree. There's an equal amount of folks from both.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44163 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: Yes, of course I do. I believe that she will make a fine President.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#12 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Comparing Donald Trump to Muhammad Ali... What a nonsensical comparison. Trump is the complete polar opposite to everything that Ali stood for.

It's highly unlikely Trump would win. He won the Republican candidacy because he's preaching to the choir. He was just reflecting the bigoted views already held by Republicans for a long time. The same strategy will most likely fail for the general population.

fenriz275

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 fenriz275
Member since 2003 • 2383 Posts

@Jag85: Trump was also really helped by the fact that pretty much all of his opponents in the republican primary were as about as interesting as day old dishwater. If he can't get his ego under control then he'll lose but if he does and manages to start coming across as a thoughtful and rational person then he's got a decent chance. So far he comes off like that crazy offensive relative you see once a year at the holidays and are amused by but wouldn't let water your houseplants much less be in charge of anything. Trump's biggest weakness is his own ego.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#14 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

I;ve read the Prince by Machiavelli. Trump is not nearly smart enough to utilize the techniques to acquire rule. The democratic party realize that people will be easily cowed by the promise of things not getting worse. They dont actually offer much to make people's lives better, but they are offering a lack of change, in the same direction. Trump has far too much of an ego to convince the majority of serious people into voting against their best interests.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Jag85

Sanders would've been the real change, but now Americans are left with Clinton and Trump. And out of those two, Clinton is almost guaranteed to win, simply because she's the lesser of two evils.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16 Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

@n64dd said:

Pretty much every side thinks that Gamespot is occupied almost exclusively by the other side.

-Byshop

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

@Jag85 said:

Comparing Donald Trump to Muhammad Ali... What a nonsensical comparison. Trump is the complete polar opposite to everything that Ali stood for.

I don't think you get the comparison. It's a matter of technical skills. You keep punching a wall until you get tired out and let the wall fall on you is what the reporter was trying to say, he wasn't literally trying to compare both in the same sport. Like he stated, he's letting all the critics talk about him all he wants until they get tired before the wall falls on them.

Edit: I think this video is a better understanding

Loading Video...

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

So far, Trump will probably be my favorite to win. Simply put because I have more faith in his strategy than Hillary's. Trump's strategy looks to counter Hillary's.

It is like a Berserker (axe user) going up against a pegasus knight (lance user) in Fire Emblem.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@n64dd said:

If a political party and/or it's candidate(s) piss off minorities they never win an election. If trump can get the support of some minorities like hispanics he has a shot of winning the election, but he has yet to do this. For now the same thing that happened to the conservative guy that ran for mayor in London and the Canadian conservatives to a extent in the recent federal election will happen to trump unless he stops pissing off minorities.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jag85

@FireEmblem_Man:

He missed the point of the Rope-A-Dope, which was about conserving one's own energy while provoking the opponent to use up his energy. Where the analogy fails is that Trump isn't conserving any energy, but is going all-out in using up his own energy by dropping non-stop inflammatory bombs. He's not exhausting the opposition, but is instead exhausting himself out. Trump is more like Foreman (the fighter who tired himself out) rather than Ali (the fighter who saved up his energy for the KO at the end).

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Jag85

@super600 said:
@n64dd said:

If a political party and/or it's candidate(s) piss off minorities they never win an election. If trump can get the support of some minorities like hispanics he has a shot of winning the election, but he has yet to do this. For now the same thing that happened to the conservative guy that ran for mayor in London and the Canadian conservatives to a extent in the recent federal election will happen to trump unless he stops pissing off minorities.

Good point about London and Canada. The Conservatives in both places tried to win votes by antagonising minorities, which backfired tremendously as they handed victory to the Labour/Liberals. Trump is doing the same thing that the Conservatives tried to do in London and Canada, and his politics of fear will most likely fail in the US just like it did in London and Canada.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

I'm with Trump... he is a better candidate to fight ISIS.

I believe more LGBT turn to trump since what was happened yesterday.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#23 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@Jag85 said:

It's highly unlikely Trump would win. He won the Republican candidacy because he's preaching to the choir. He was just reflecting the bigoted views already held by Republicans for a long time. The same strategy will most likely fail for the general population.

@Jag85 said:

Sanders would've been the real change, but now Americans are left with Clinton and Trump. And out of those two, Clinton is almost guaranteed to win, simply because she's the lesser of two evils.

+1

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Sanders would've been the real change, but now Americans are left with Clinton and Donald "People are praying for me" Trump. And out of those two, Clinton is almost guaranteed to win, simply because she's the lesser of two evils.

Not to mention. Sanders is not the punching bag Hillary is. Looking forward, it seems like Trump's strategy is to outflank Hillary on the left, effectively having her surrounded on both wings, appealing more to the nationalists and the populists.

Even polls showed that Sanders fared much better against Trump than Hillary did. And the last thing the US needs is Trump winning this election.

MrFreehuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MrFreehuggs
Member since 2010 • 1260 Posts

@hippiesanta: Trump would just make the Middle East worse. His plan to take out the ISIS controlled oil fields would eliminate any chance of their economy ever being rebuilt. That would just lead to more terror groups blaming the West for their harsh conditions. Also, committing war crimes by "taking out their families" wouldn't help.

I find it hard to believe Trump will gain LGBT supporters because a mentally unstable man killed several people from their community. The killer purchased guns legally under laws Trump supports and Trump is anti-LGBT/ gay marriage.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@MrFreehuggs:

like trump or not ...... do the LGBT have a choice .... especially with that democrate apologetic and unsure behavior

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 bmanva
Member since 2002 • 4680 Posts

@battlestreak said:
@n64dd said:

Actually, GameSpot is pretty split between Democratic and Republican agendas. At least, a lot more than other sites in my experience.

Seems to me like most of the mods are either left leaning or deep left, at least the vocal ones.

MrFreehuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 MrFreehuggs

@hippiesanta: Yes, ISIS hates gays, but so do most conservatives. Trump isn't going to protect the LGBT, he's going to attack the group's rights. You're suggesting the they give their freedom for (questionable) security.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BattleStreak

@bmanva: I haven't had much contact with the mods in terms of conversations like these, so I guess your right.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 BattleStreak

@MrFreehuggs said:

@hippiesanta: Yes, ISIS hates gays, but so do most conservatives. Trump isn't going to protect the LGBT, he's going to attack the group's rights. You're suggesting the they give their freedom for (questionable) security.

Although I agree with you on Trump, you're making a nasty generalization about conservatives. I could say most liberals hate Christians. But that would be wrong, and a generalization, right? So don't make generalizations when I'm sure you know they're wrong.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 N64DD

@bmanva said:
@battlestreak said:
@n64dd said:

Seems to me like most of the mods are either left leaning or deep left, at least the vocal ones.

Pretty much.

MrFreehuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MrFreehuggs

@battlestreak: You're right, but it's the same as saying Muslims are terrorists.

BattleStreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BattleStreak

@MrFreehuggs: You're correct. That doesn't mean we can't say someone is a Muslim, when he goes and kills 50 people and then pledges his life to ISIS.

comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38677 Posts

@n64dd said:

haha liberalspot

because gs is so liberal right? you took "liberal" and swapped it with the "game" in gamespot.

how clever!

MrFreehuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 MrFreehuggs

@battlestreak: Right, I'm perfectly fine with that. But it would be shallow to claim it was the religion that led him to kill, same with blaming guns.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Trump will win

He is a true American who stands up for real Americans.

Political correctness is killing our nation, too many groups look for special treatments.

Trump is the only candidate in the last decade who will do what's right for America and it's people.

N64DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 N64DD

@Jaysonguy said:

Trump will win

Political correctness is killing our nation, too many groups look for special treatments.

Trump is the only candidate in the last decade who will do what's right for America and it's people.

*high five*

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 bmanva

@hippiesanta said:

@MrFreehuggs:

like trump or not ...... do the LGBT have a choice .... especially with that democrate apologetic and unsure behavior

lol highlights the paradoxical position of the left pretty well.

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36040 Posts

@MrFreehuggs said:

@battlestreak: Right, I'm perfectly fine with that. But it would be shallow to claim it was the religion that led him to kill, same with blaming guns.

Either way the solution is either more guns or more islam, one or the other, probably both.

sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

Trump will win

@Jaysonguy God bless you. I'm not going to expend any energy debating your POV but dammit you deserve a +1 for consistency. Never let it be said you have wavered in your views!

forgotten10x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 forgotten10x
Member since 2016 • 114 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: I hope to God he wins. Clinton is a idiot, and is crooked and sure not be allowed to run. America I don't feel safe anymore I want trump to win I met him and got his autograph when everyone did not take him seriously I stood behind him

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

@super600 said:
@n64dd said:

Yeah he's not getting the support of a demographic he wants a wall to prevent their entrance.

bmanva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bmanva

@Serraph105 said:
@MrFreehuggs said:

Either way the solution is either more guns or more islam, one or the other, probably both.

Gun right isn't about "more guns"; that's like saying we don't want gay right because it will turning people gay. That's not what it's about. it's about giving people the choice, whether they choose guns for protection is up to them. It's a personal choice and responsibility.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#44 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

He's not going to win.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 82

#45 deactivated-5cf0a2e13dbde
Member since 2005 • 12935 Posts

@hippiesanta said:

@MrFreehuggs:

Something like that shows how we are still living in quite the mediocre condition as humans. Support a religion spread by the sword, founded by a warlord, whose book has call after call to subjugate, murder or convert every human on Earth, or a bunch of gay people dancing their night away in a club. What but a suicidal person would not even recognize a set of beliefs that calls for their own death (she is speaking on a stage without presumably without asking her husband's permission, and not wearing her veil).

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#46 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6089 Posts

I'm hoping D.Trump wins.I liked B.Clinton as President.I don't get a good feeling about Hillary.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 FireEmblem_Man

@n64dd said:
@bmanva said:
@battlestreak said:
@n64dd said:

Pretty much.

I vouch for @n64dd to be a mod! The only right leaning mods I know is @Stevo_the_gamer, @musicalmac, and @Wasdiethey're more awesomer than the liberal mods here.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@sonicare said:

He's not going to win.

Time to make bets...

I bet permanent sig-space he wins.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#49 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: I stay out of political discussions on Gamespot.

KHAndAnime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 KHAndAnime
Member since 2009 • 17565 Posts

@Wasdie said:

@FireEmblem_Man: I stay out of political discussions on Gamespot.

The avatar says it all buddy.