why many people are becoming atheists nowadays ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#451 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts

[QUOTE="themajormayor"][QUOTE="FuggaJ"]Clearly, but whether they be christians, muslims, jews, or pastafarians there religion is the reason they lay claim to the land.FuggaJ

No security or just territorial ambitions for example are more significant reasons

I'd say security isn't really a concern for the israelis considering the ratio of casualties. Anyways I will concede and admit I'm rather ignorant on the whole situation so the topic can get back on track.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20101013234344AAEzqAH

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civilian_casualty_ratio

Security is not just with regards to the palestinian threat but the many other enemies surrounding the country.
00-Riddick-00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#452 00-Riddick-00
Member since 2009 • 18884 Posts
I'm not even gonna say anything... Not even gonna.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#453 worlock77
Member since 2009 • 22552 Posts

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="Mrmedia01"]Most everything had to be created by a creator.

The only one that could have done and started all this would be a GOD of some kind.

Its FACT no denying that, Pure science, cant go far enough to explain who created the seed of this universe. Someone did.... Who? GOD DID MOFOS 100%, a higher power did.

You don't believe in the Bible or Religion thats fine, but we had to have some sort of Creator to plant the seed to the start of this.GrayF0X786

So what created God?

rofl! he is the uncreated, he has no creator, if you keep asking who created him, then who created the one who created him? it will go on forever and hence you deny creation and deny yourself.

Convenient. Everything has to be created, so that proves God, but God doesn't have to have been created.

ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#455 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts
Good luck proving or disproving god to someone on GS. With that said I for one welcome our new atheist overlords.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#456 worlock77

[QUOTE="MBirdy88"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"] Your pictures are out of date. Might want to research.LJS9502_basic
Or you could just provide the rebutal with your post ... kinda fair game at this point.

Condoms are allowed for the prevention of disease.

You've said that before, but I have been unable to find a single source from the Vatican to support that. And unless there's been some fundamental shift in Catholic doctrine it seems to go completely contrary to the church's teachings.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#457 LJS9502_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 178860 Posts
[QUOTE="kuraimen"][QUOTE="LJS9502_basic"][QUOTE="kuraimen"] 90% of your interventions consist of one line of text that says virtually nothing about what the person you're quoting said. You don't develop any idea you just seem to regurgitate whatever first comes to your mind. It seems you need to work on developing better higher cognitive processes that will reflect better on your writings.

Again the problem is yours. My post said something. I'm sorry it was over your head as are apparently most of my posts. One doesn't need to post long paragraphs to express an idea. In fact brevity is much appreciated.

You can't develop most ideas in one sentence unless you're a simpleton who can't develop anything deeper. One or two posts like that once in a while are fine but when 90% of them are like that you know you have a problem.

Actually again.....I responded to the initial post. But as your links have shown...you do have a problem with reading comprehension. And since I'm not the only person to tell you that....maybe you should look in the mirror rather than blame everyone else.
Avatar image for jesuschristmonk
jesuschristmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#458 jesuschristmonk
Member since 2009 • 3308 Posts

[QUOTE="jesuschristmonk"]

[QUOTE="dissonantblack"]

Excuses. Atheism doesn't teach you to do good the way that religion does. So i think people turn to it as an excuse to live life without moral restrictions. 

mrbojangles25

Mfw I probably do more good deeds, and respect most people better than most religious people (I'm technically an atheist by the way) lol. 

I always thought that if you need religion to justify being a good person, you're not a good person lol.  At least, not genuinely.

And religion is not the only way to learn morality, just the most warped and biased.

Definitely.
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#459 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

People are getting smarter, more logical while retaining moral values (I don't believe the world is losing its morals from lack of religion). Really though, we're just developing and maybe back then, religious thought made sense because we didn't know any better and today, we still don't know any better. I bet in a thousand years, they're going to laugh at us for being so primitive.

Avatar image for jesuschristmonk
jesuschristmonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#460 jesuschristmonk
Member since 2009 • 3308 Posts

Good luck proving or disproving god to someone on GS. With that said I for one welcome our new atheist overlords.ShadowJax04
Reminds me of this speech -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w5JqQLqqTc

(Guess embedding doesn't work for me :|)

I need to watch the rest of this show...

Buckhannah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#461 Buckhannah
Member since 2013 • 715 Posts

Yet the book points towards the problem of evil.hiphops_savior
The evil committed by Yahweh, yes.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#462 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

People are getting smarter, more logical while retaining moral values (I don't believe the world is losing its morals from lack of religion). Really though, we're just developing and maybe back then, religious thought made sense because we didn't know any better and today, we still don't know any better. I bet in a thousand years, they're going to laugh at us for being so primitive.

leviathan91
Isn't that a rather arrogant statement to make? The only thing we can claim is that we are far more educated, but not necessarily smarter or logical. We are just as easily manipulated by rhetoric and media today as peasants were over preachers or promises of paradise that appeals more to sensuality than a better place. People back then would look at the future and lament over how wasteful education is when it makes next to no difference when it comes to intelligence or logic processing.
ShadowJax04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#463 ShadowJax04
Member since 2006 • 3351 Posts

[QUOTE="ShadowJax04"]Good luck proving or disproving god to someone on GS. With that said I for one welcome our new atheist overlords.jesuschristmonk

Reminds me of this speech -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_w5JqQLqqTc

(Guess embedding doesn't work for me :|)

I need to watch the rest of this show...

Way I see it, there's no (dis-)proving a proposed God even though the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence anyway. There might be a higher chance of proving it than not as more people are swayed by miracles than than there's people who need more explaind evidence. That's what I think when I think about the huge amount of religious people in the world.

It's an easy choice to go on belief similiar to how cavemen worshipped fire back in the day, way I see it.. It will always go in circles because we will always have  unexplainable miracles and in this day and age where we know fire is not a deity we will always have a mix of 'believers' and critics. In the end this reason also why atheists might be on the rise. The rise of more easily accessable information than ever. 

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#464 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

Magic is just science that isn't yet understood.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#465 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I think because religion in general has never looked more out of touch with reality. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#466 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

Humanity is getting smarter

TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#467 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

I never became an atheist because atheism is the default position.
It's religion that's being learned.

I will stay atheist until there's evidence for the existence of a god.
Doing it differently would be illogical. 

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#468 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Humanity is getting smarter

Vatusus

somehow, I doubt this

VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#469 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts

Because we generally live lives where we have access to most necessaties and do a good enough job of preventing diseases from going rampant so not everyone is dying left and right. So a lot of people dont feel the need for religion. Id say religion is more promonant in areas where people have really **** lives and don't know how they are going to live through the week, so its comforting to think that there is a next life so that when they die they get to live another better life. 

People in wealthy areas believe that too because they don't want to cope with death. Thats the major reason for religion is because we don't want to accept the fact that its possible that there is nothing after death, and that there is no real fairness during life, and that bad people go unpunished and the good don't get rewarded

curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#470 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
Couple of reasons: 1 The institutions have lost a lot of credibility and acceptance (pedophile priests?!?!). 2 There is far less coercion from early age. Previously there were more openly religious state and "secular" institutions which reinforced a religious life, now... that is lost 3 Most religious myths which were TREATED AS true are debunked. Noah's Ark? God's creation in 7 days? Men can fly and resurrect? Holy inspiration? Space and heaven as something unreachable? Most of them are on the "not proven as lie but are extremely unlikely to be real" or on the "total BS" line. 4 Society has changed and the rigid rules which religious leaders try to implant are being rejected and questioned with really valid points. 5Meh
MuD3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#471 MuD3
Member since 2011 • 2192 Posts
i think the better question is: why are people still clinging to religion?
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#473 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="indzman"]

explain ...

SNIPER4321

I just don't believe in any of that stuff.

Oh michael. OT: You are wrong TC. its only new trend on internet because they want to looks "cool". most ppls are not turning athiests. there are very few athiest in world however internet is only invade by them

where were you? :|

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#475 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] Oh michael. OT: You are wrong TC. its only new trend on internet because they want to looks "cool". most ppls are not turning athiests. there are very few athiest in world however internet is only invade by themSNIPER4321

I was in jail I mean i was suspended for 2 weeks.

Ahhh! suspensions sucks. Welcome back man.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#476 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17679 Posts
I would say it's becoming harder and harder to believe in a god who's letting the world go the way it is.JustPlainLucas
Are you kidding? The world's a better place today than it ever has been.
TheFlush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#477 TheFlush
Member since 2002 • 5965 Posts

[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="indzman"]

explain ...

SNIPER4321

Oh michael. OT: You are wrong TC. its only new trend on internet because they want to looks "cool". most ppls are not turning athiests. there are very few athiest in world however internet is only invade by them

I don't know where you live, but here in western Europe, and in my case The Netherlands, the majority of people is atheist.
If you'd want to supposedly be 'cool' by kicking against the norm here, you'd have to be hardcore christian.

But thinking atheism is a trend is ridiculous, since it's the default position.
Everyone is born atheist until you've been taught a religion. 

Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#478 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts
[QUOTE="Michael0134567"]

[QUOTE="indzman"]

explain ...

SNIPER4321

Not sure if this is serious but no http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2012/08/10/survey-says-atheism-is-on-the-rise-worldwide-and-in-america/
Bane_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#480 Bane_09
Member since 2010 • 3394 Posts

[QUOTE="Bane_09"][QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] Oh michael. OT: You are wrong TC. its only new trend on internet because they want to looks "cool". most ppls are not turning athiests. there are very few athiest in world however internet is only invade by themSNIPER4321

Not sure if this is serious but no http://www.patheos.com/blogs/friendlyatheist/2012/08/10/survey-says-atheism-is-on-the-rise-worldwide-and-in-america/

bias chat made by athiest,

Lol
Avatar image for The_Gaming_Baby
The_Gaming_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

User Lists: 52

#481 The_Gaming_Baby
Member since 2010 • 6425 Posts

The power of science compels you!

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#483 worlock77

[QUOTE="The_Gaming_Baby"]

The power of science compels you!

SNIPER4321

:lol: most of scientists are either religious or believe in God.

A few are, such as Francis Collins. Most however take an agnostic stance if anything.

Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#484 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/nov/24/opinion/la-oe-masci24-2009nov24 According to this, 51% of scientists believe in god.
wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#486 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

[QUOTE="indzman"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] Oh michael. OT: You are wrong TC. its only new trend on internet because they want to looks "cool". most ppls are not turning athiests. there are very few athiest in world however internet is only invade by themSNIPER4321

I was in jail I mean i was suspended for 2 weeks.

I hope you get suspended for a few more years

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#487 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] :lol: most of scientists are either religious or believe in God. SNIPER4321

A few are, such as Francis Collins. Most however take an agnostic stance if anything.

and few are, yet athiest all over ZOMG SCINENEZ, EVOLUTION IZ TRUE!!! and blah blah blah

I have a serious question - whenever you post, as you start typing, do you ask yourself "how can I sound as idiotic as possible"?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#489 wis3boi

[QUOTE="worlock77"]I have a serious question - whenever you post, as you start typing, do you ask yourself "how can I sound as idiotic as possible"?SNIPER4321
so u are callling me idiotic because i have different believe? u mean everyone is idiot who dont believe in evolution and is not athiest??

thats the least of your problems

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#490 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]I have a serious question - whenever you post, as you start typing, do you ask yourself "how can I sound as idiotic as possible"?SNIPER4321
so u are callling me idiotic because i have different believe? u mean everyone is idiot who dont believe in evolution and is not athiest??

No, I'm calling you idiotic because you come across as idiotic in your posting. On pretty much every topic, no matter the subject. Though, in the interest of honesty and frankness I've never met that denied evolution who wasn't an idiot.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#492 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] so u are callling me idiotic because i have different believe? u mean everyone is idiot who dont believe in evolution and is not athiest??SNIPER4321

No, I'm calling you idiotic because you come across as idiotic in your posting. On pretty much every topic, no matter the subject. Though, in the interest of honesty and frankness I've never met that denied evolution who wasn't an idiot.

so u admit all creationists are idiot?

If by "creationists" you mean the particular breed of folks who put forth ideas like Jesus rode dinosaurs, the Earth is only 6,000 years old, who run crap like the Creation Museum in Kentucky, or think that the modern banana disproves evolution? Yes. If by "creationists" you simply mean theists, no.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#494 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

Poe's Law is really ripping me a new one ITT.

worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#495 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] so u admit all creationists are idiot? SNIPER4321

If by "creationists" you mean the particular breed of folks who put forth ideas like Jesus rode dinosaurs, the Earth is only 6,000 years old, who run crap like the Creation Museum in Kentucky, or think that the modern banana disproves evolution? Yes. If by "creationists" you simply mean theists, no.

u know there are lot of scientists too who prove evolution is wrong? and also i give you harun yahya. he is very intelligent creationist. wrote many books and save ppls from athiesm 

http://harunyahya.com/en/Books/964/the-collapse-of-the-theory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMucu-cx2YY

Lol. Now care to cite someone who actually has a background in science?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#497 wis3boi

Poe's Law is really ripping me a new one ITT.

coolbeans90

you mean on this entire site? :P

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#498 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
I believe in John's Law. It suits my beliefs better because it assumes that a god cannot exist and that my assumption is true.
worlock77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#499 worlock77

[QUOTE="worlock77"]

[QUOTE="SNIPER4321"] u know there are lot of scientists too who prove evolution is wrong? and also i give you harun yahya. he is very intelligent creationist. wrote many books and save ppls from athiesm 

http://harunyahya.com/en/Books/964/the-collapse-of-the-theory

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMucu-cx2YY

SNIPER4321

Lol. Now care to cite someone who actually has a background in science?

what? he has background in science.

No he doesn't. I had to look the dude up. He has no background, no degree, no education in science. He's a failed architect turned religious propagandist. He's also a conspiracy theorist, so I can see why you love him.

coolbeans90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#500 coolbeans90
Member since 2009 • 21305 Posts

I'd say that singlehandedly disproving evolution qualifies as a background in science.