Why is it that satanism is hated upon by athiests and other religions?

• 137 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

rzepak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 rzepak
Member since 2005 • 5758 Posts

[QUOTE="sideskull"]I am a satanist. I for one follow the teachings of the dark prince himself and i even offer animal sacrifices every 6th day of june. carljohnson3456
Maybe you're joking... but isnt Satan supposed to be evil? Do Satanist believe in his evilness?

Satan in Satanism is not evil, hell by most Satanist hes treated as an idea and not an entity. If you think of him as a figure like God, think of him more of as a tragic and misunderstood figure like Hades. Everyone thinks Hades is evil but hes actually the only sane god in the lot. Also people bash Satanists because Crowleys Satanism is just silly, LaVeyan Satanism is better, because its just a descriptive view on life in oposition to the perscriptive nature of the Bible.

ad1x2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102 ad1x2
Member since 2005 • 8430 Posts

[QUOTE="ad1x2"]

[QUOTE="Iszdope"]

Do your own research. Already stated I am not going deeper here.

Fool.

Iszdope

Satanism isn't something I really care to spend time doing research on, but I already got a few answers a couple of posts earlier.

Stop spewing rubbish on a subject you care little and know nothing about then.

Ave Sathanas!!

Okay, have a nice day, I guess.....

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#103 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
Feeding the troll like clockwork. Well done guys.
ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#105 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
Feeding the troll like clockwork. Well done guys.Zeviander
I don't know how many times I've told people to ignore that guy. Well, it's their problem, not mine. If he wants to fondle himself and spam let him.
Avatar image for deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
deactivated-6127ced9bcba0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 deactivated-6127ced9bcba0
Member since 2006 • 31700 Posts

I'm pretty sure Satanists aren't as hated as Republicans are in OT, so you'll be okay.

ad1x2

Laughed.

XilePrincess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 XilePrincess
Member since 2008 • 13130 Posts
TC, maybe people bash you because you're an idiot. Sorry. I know this isn't OTAH, but wtf. Christians don't still stone people. You don't need to sacrifice animals. That's outdated. And lol, it's 666 not 6/6/?. I have never heard anyone refer to Satan as "Dark Prince" but whatever. BUT I have read parts of the Satanic bible (unfortunately on an afternoon where the library was packed with elderly folks who looked at me with disgust. I got more than one little "savior" pamphlet dropped on my table) and from what I've read, one of the 'commandments' in the satanic bible is "Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food. " I know not if that is completely true and actually in the book, but if it is, you suck at your own religion, and therefore are stupid, and this is why you are hated on.
Avatar image for Victorious_Fize
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 Victorious_Fize
Member since 2011 • 6128 Posts
There's a Satanic bible now? You people have any idea what Satanism is?
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Zeviander
You people have any idea what Satanism is?Victorious_Fize
Do you?
freek666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#113 freek666
Member since 2007 • 22312 Posts
Don't bother trying to make others understand OP. As a true follower of Satanism you should not be concerned with what others may think or understand or accept, but as long as you yourself know what you believe to be true and right then that is all you need. Source: philosophy minor who once did a presentation correlating LaVeyan Satanism, the film Wall Street and the works of Iris Murdoch that was well received
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 Victorious_Fize
[QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"]You people have any idea what Satanism is?Zeviander
Do you?

I know enough that Satanism shouldn't have a bible, should we be speaking of Satan of the Abrahamic religions. Especially if the bible is silly enough to have "commandments" of "not hurting animals".
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Victorious_Fize

[QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"]There's a Satanic bible now? You people have any idea what Satanism is?Iszdope

It came out in 69 dude.

It's a good read.

Yet another commercial product in the late 19th century dissuade ignorant people into forgetting its original concept.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Zeviander
I know enough that Satanism shouldn't have a bible, should we be speaking of Satan of the Abrahamic religions. Especially if the bible is silly enough to have "commandments" of "not hurting animals".Victorious_Fize
What do you know that makes Satanism unworthy of a religious text? Is it not an old enough tradition repeated a million times until people believe it is the truth?
l-lord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 l-lord
Member since 2009 • 853 Posts

Satanism doesn't even follow what the symbolism of satan supposed to represent. Yes It is beautiful. But rituals of animal sacrifice aren't part of it. It's just another condescending excuse for psychos to do their thing.

Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 Victorious_Fize

[QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"][QUOTE="Iszdope"]

It came out in 69 dude.

It's a good read.

Iszdope

Yet another commercial product in the late 19th century dissuade ignorant people into forgetting its original concept.

Hahaha! 'commercial product' & 'dissuade ignorant people'...full blown irony right there!

20th century by the by.

What? And yes, seems like I still can't use the Georgian calendar right (my country uses a different calendar).
Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 Victorious_Fize
[QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"]I know enough that Satanism shouldn't have a bible, should we be speaking of Satan of the Abrahamic religions. Especially if the bible is silly enough to have "commandments" of "not hurting animals".Zeviander
What do you know that makes Satanism unworthy of a religious text? Is it not an old enough tradition repeated a million times until people believe it is the truth?

Because I highly doubt some random dude in the West was relevated with something actual Satanists (hint: devil worshipers) have no clue about.
markop2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 markop2003
Member since 2005 • 29917 Posts
LaVey Satanism was named for that reason, Anton was taking the piss out of Christians.
Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 Zeviander
Because I highly doubt some random dude in the West was relevated with something actual Satanists (hint: devil worshipers) have no clue about.Victorious_Fize
The same could be said of all prophets. The difference between them and LaVey is that he never once admitted to being "revealed" anything, he discerned it all of his own accord. I take it you actually haven't read anything about Satanism and are passing judgement based on what you have been taught to think?
Avatar image for deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9
Member since 2009 • 7779 Posts

[QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"]Because I highly doubt some random dude in the West was relevated with something actual Satanists (hint: devil worshipers) have no clue about.Zeviander
The same could be said of all prophets. The difference between them and LaVey is that he never once admitted to being "revealed" anything, he discerned it all of his own accord. I take it you actually haven't read anything about Satanism and are passing judgement based on what you have been taught to think?

Of course he is; he's a theist.

SaintWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 SaintWalrus
Member since 2011 • 1715 Posts

Read the satanic bible

It's the polar opposite of what most christians believe it to be.

It is simply about an ideology that preaches the opposite of Christianity's ideals.

Such as Gluttony being praised and worshipped and desired because it gives pleasure, and anything that gives pleasure can't be bad right?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

Read the satanic bible

It is simply about an ideology that preaches the opposite of Christianity's ideals.

Such as Gluttony being praised and worshipped and desired because it gives pleasure, and anything that gives pleasure can't be bad right?

SaintWalrus

You're going to hell bro.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#127 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
No it isn't they just don't like you.
SaintWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 SaintWalrus

[QUOTE="SaintWalrus"]

Read the satanic bible

Postmortem123

Pics or it won't happen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 deactivated-5a9b3f32ef4e9

[QUOTE="Postmortem123"]

[QUOTE="SaintWalrus"]

Read the satanic bible

SaintWalrus

Pics or it won't happen

diablo_2_lod_pc_002.jpg

OfficerLeach_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#130 OfficerLeach_
Member since 2010 • 419 Posts

To believe in Satan, you must believe in God;if you did believe in God, why would your worship hsi enemy? Out of spite?

It seems all Satanists are just butthurt about getting f*ked over by God.

BossPerson

From what I have been told, Satanist believe their time on earth is controlled by the devil and that he is the "God" of Earth so they think its ok to give into selfish human desires and that if God is really all forgiving then they will still get into heaven. That whole dressing in black robes and sacrificing animals and all that is just for the crazy/confused people.

SaintWalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 SaintWalrus

[QUOTE="SaintWalrus"][QUOTE="Postmortem123"]

Postmortem123

Pics or it won't happen

diablo_2_lod_pc_002.jpg

... sold
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#132 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Lol it's a joke, just a bunch of immature people who do it for shock value. "Look at me Christians and Society I'm a Satanist, ya bet that pisses you off, now give me the attention I want, being a Satanist makes me feel unique". It's not even classified as a real religion, it has no morals or anything of the sort.

It's just a complete joke for people to dress like it's Halloween every day.

Mephers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Mephers
Member since 2010 • 720 Posts
OP is Troll or REALLY fricken stupid. Either way enjoy.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#134 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

OP is Troll or REALLY fricken stupid. Either way enjoy.Mephers

It's probably a Troll thread. But whatever everyone needs to laugh and have fun once in awhile.

RandomWinner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135 RandomWinner
Member since 2010 • 3751 Posts

Because its stupid. Like, I respect religion because I know the purpose of it is to really have a moral code and an ethical discussion, then to get down and make the world better because you can. I... don't see how satanism is like that. I don't have much of a belief in any of it, and I can support belief in God if its for the better, and not for fear of hell. I think the devil is a stupid made up concept that is only there to scare people into believing and doing the right thing.

Necrifer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 Necrifer
Member since 2010 • 10629 Posts

A theistic Satanist.

Lovely.

Zeviander

I was going to post this.

Victorious_Fize

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Victorious_Fize
[QUOTE="Victorious_Fize"]Because I highly doubt some random dude in the West was relevated with something actual Satanists (hint: devil worshipers) have no clue about.Zeviander

Oh wow, making a bible of commandments from Satan without his revelation? That's even more of a joke. No, I don't waste time exploring Westerns playing with heresy.