Why don't illegal immigrants go to Canada?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

Always wondered this. Wouldn't they have a better time of it in Canada as opposed to the US. I mean Canada has pretty robust social systems. Free healthcare. Good welfare and education programs. Everything a person of low means could want. The US systems tend to be more sparse and lean in comparison. Why isnt there more illegal immigration to Canada? Is it the distance?

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Probably the distance really. Also quite possibly a lot of illegal immigrants don't know much about Canada.
wii60_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 wii60_3
Member since 2007 • 2017 Posts
Free health care? Its supported by the richer people, who spend more and earn more. They would pretty much would support those immigrants. Canada dosen't need them. There is like 2 white people at my school out of 1000 (not even kidding). No white friends here. Multicultural right?
Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

Distance.

JML897

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 JML897
Member since 2004 • 33134 Posts
Free health care? Its supported by the richer people, who spend more and earn more. They would pretty much would support those immigrants. Canada dosen't need them. There is like 2 white people at my school out of 1000 (not even kidding). No white friends here. Multicultural right? wii60_3
This post confuses me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Free health care? Its supported by the richer people, who spend more and earn more. They would pretty much would support those immigrants. Canada dosen't need them. There is like 2 white people at my school out of 1000 (not even kidding). No white friends here. Multicultural right? wii60_3
So basically you are racist?

wii60_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 wii60_3
Member since 2007 • 2017 Posts

[QUOTE="wii60_3"]Free health care? Its supported by the richer people, who spend more and earn more. They would pretty much would support those immigrants. Canada dosen't need them. There is like 2 white people at my school out of 1000 (not even kidding). No white friends here. Multicultural right? sherman-tank1

Im not white, im just saying canada is pretty much immigrants and at some point you cant support so many people with this health care system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="wii60_3"]Free health care? Its supported by the richer people, who spend more and earn more. They would pretty much would support those immigrants. Canada dosen't need them. There is like 2 white people at my school out of 1000 (not even kidding). No white friends here. Multicultural right? wii60_3

Im not white, im just saying canada is pretty much immigrants and at some point you cant support so many people with this health care system

Ah I see.

DarthSatan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 DarthSatan
Member since 2005 • 4607 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

[QUOTE="wii60_3"]Free health care? Its supported by the richer people, who spend more and earn more. They would pretty much would support those immigrants. Canada dosen't need them. There is like 2 white people at my school out of 1000 (not even kidding). No white friends here. Multicultural right? wii60_3

where in Canada do you live? i have lived all over Canada, and the vast majority of people that I've seen are white. you can't take your neibourhood and generalize it as all of Canada.

Barbariser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 Barbariser
Member since 2009 • 6785 Posts

A quick google search tells me that they do in fact have an illegal immigration problem.

Reed_Bowie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Reed_Bowie
Member since 2011 • 506 Posts
It's honestly the distance. Most illegal immigrants wouldn't have the economic means to make it to Canada. Why do you think so many of them stay in Texas?
SuperKaio-ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 SuperKaio-ken
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

Where do you live? Every school I've been to has been like 80-90% white. Also unleess in the Vancouver area (which seems to have a large Asian population) outside of it around the Okanagon it is mostly all white people. It's pretty much the same in Alberta and Saskatchewan as well. According to the Census, Canada is 78-82% White. I'm guessing you live in Toronto or something? I'm not racist either, just wondering how it is possible to live in Canada yet only have two white kids who go to your school. The only places I've seen anything like that are in Richmond British Columbia and up in the territories or in some places within Eastern Canada.

SuperKaio-ken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SuperKaio-ken
Member since 2012 • 322 Posts

A quick google search tells me that they do in fact have an illegal immigration problem.

Barbariser

Any successful country is going to have some sort of illegal immigration problem, the U.S included.

Slow_Show

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Slow_Show
Member since 2011 • 2018 Posts

For all we know they do -- no one has reliable data on illegal immigration in Canada.

Communist_Soul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Communist_Soul
Member since 2009 • 3080 Posts

Canada does not have universal health care. I'm from Canada, while in another province I was required to use a hospital it cost me quite a bit.

Also distance.

lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts
It's way too cold for Los Mexicanos calientes! (joking)
leviathan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 leviathan91
Member since 2007 • 7763 Posts

We got better PR.

Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
[QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]

I take it you live in Metro Vancouver?
Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
It's honestly the distance. Most illegal immigrants wouldn't have the economic means to make it to Canada. Why do you think so many of them stay in Texas?Reed_Bowie
This.
Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#20 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts
Probably the distance really. Also quite possibly a lot of illegal immigrants don't know much about Canada.chessmaster1989
what's to know? Moose and squirrel! Moose and squirrel!
sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

They hate Canadians

sexyweapons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#22 sexyweapons
Member since 2009 • 5302 Posts

Thinking about it,I know the legal immigration system in Canada's pretty good if that has anything to do with it.

Avatar image for TheWalkingGhost
TheWalkingGhost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 TheWalkingGhost
Member since 2012 • 6092 Posts
Distance, Canada has the benefit of bordering a rich nation so the USA absorbs most of it. But they do get illegal immigration, some hispanics do get hat far north.
lo_Pine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lo_Pine
Member since 2012 • 4978 Posts

Even though I've glanced over the title many times already I still just read this as:

"Why don't illegal immigrants go to Heaven?"

Haha... just wanted to share that with you guys, and it might also make an interesting troll thread in case anyone is super duper interested :D

XaosII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 XaosII
Member since 2003 • 16705 Posts

Since when did "illegal aliens" mean "mexicans"?

An American citizen can easily be an illegal alien in Cana.

famicommander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 famicommander
Member since 2008 • 8524 Posts
Because it's cold as hell and a few thousand miles farther than the Southwestern United States?
hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts
because illegal immigrant need guns to survive
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
They do. It's not a large enough number for anyone to really care.
cballadares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 cballadares
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts
The reason is that Canada has a very good immigration system. If a company meed for example a farmer, a carpenter, a maid, doctors, engineers, etc. The company usually follow the next steps They contract an Mexican ( or other country) job agency . The job agency screen the applicant and sent the information to the Canada company. Since Mexico has literally millions of farmers, carpenters, maids, doctors, engineers etc. The Canadian company can CHOOSE the immigrant and they will choose immigrants that speak English( or Fresh or booth), immigrant with titles (HS, BSc, PhD, etc) Finally the company make a request to the Province and the immigrant is accepted in less than a year(they receive a Canadian residency before enter to the country) As you can see Canada DO NOT NEED illegals, because it is very easy for a company pick up their immigrants. Therefore the immigrants in Canada speak English, have trades and professions and are legals. Nobody need contract a person under the table. If an illiterate illegal immigrant goes to Canada they can not compete against the more educate immigrants. In the USA the situation are different. In the US you need more that 10 years for obtain a work permit, the visas for farmers are very few, there are not visas for maid neither fro trades. Therefore if you need for example a farmer, a maid or a carpenter you will need contract an illegal. ( American do not want to work as a farmer or maid, and today nobody like trades) Therefore if you are an illiterate farmer than only speak Spanish and want emigrate, you must go to the USA (illegally) . If you are professional, bilingual and with a title and want emigrate, you go to Canada(legally) By the way Mexican does not need visa to enter to Canada. Therefore if any Mexican wish to go to Canada they only need buy a plane ticket ($500) and fly 6 hours. If a Mexican want to be smuggle into the USA, they have to pay $5000 and cross the desert in a trek that last at least one week. Therefore from a Mexican perspective CANADA IS CLOSER THAN THE USA.
comp_atkins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 comp_atkins
Member since 2005 • 38678 Posts
maybe because immigrants don't know about it... i mean. america does spend a good deal of it's time telling themselves and the rest of the world how great it is.. maybe it's just a messaging problem on canada's part.
Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Jimn_tonic
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

Canada is suffering from dwindling resources and overpopulation. We've sealed our borders with polite signage, gaurd beavers, and both of our soldiers. 

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
They do have some illegal immigrants, if you mean people from Mexico/Central/South America I assume it's the distance. Would the US and Canada switch places, I assume most of them would just stay in the lower reaches of Canada.
Jimn_tonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jimn_tonic
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

They do have some illegal immigrants, if you mean people from Mexico/Central/South America I assume it's the distance. Would the US and Canada switch places, I assume most of them would just stay in the lower reaches of Canada.tagyhag

Most of us do. 90% of our population is within 150km of the US border

pspdseagle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 pspdseagle
Member since 2007 • 3307 Posts

The distance and they would rather just stay in the US then have to risk it even more. So basically the USa is like Canada's sheild.  

_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

Canada gets plenty of immigrants as is. And immigration (illegal or otherwise) isn't simply a matter of people going to whatever country will provide them with the most social services.

A few other things, especially concerining Mexican immigrants..

A) Distance from Mexican border

B) There are larger and more robust hispanic communities in the United States

C) Immigrants will cross the border often to be with their families, whom may already be situated in the United States

D) The demand for migrant workers is different in Canada than in the United States

E) Ideal of the "American Dream" and the US being the land of opportunity.

Zeviander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zeviander
Member since 2011 • 9503 Posts
They do, they just aren't as common because you can't take a garbage raft from Africa.
curono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#38 curono
Member since 2005 • 7722 Posts
Because brownz peoplez can't take cold.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#39 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

I can boat to Canada from my house but stay here. 'merica! Why live anywhere else?

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#40 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts
Canada is isolated by America, the Atlantic and Arctic oceans. The only probable illegal immigrants going there are citizens from the United States of America. It is just not easy enough.
Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts
You must have never been to Canada because they have a HUGE immigrant population. Many of whom are undocumented (I don't like the term illegal immigrant because it doesn't show the whole picture and is mainly used to demonize immigrants). I will say though that the english parts of Canada have more immigrants then the french.
Canuck3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Canuck3000
Member since 2004 • 40562 Posts
No thanks. We have our own problems with them
Murderstyle75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Murderstyle75
Member since 2011 • 4412 Posts
[QUOTE="Reed_Bowie"]It's honestly the distance. Most illegal immigrants wouldn't have the economic means to make it to Canada. Why do you think so many of them stay in Texas?Fightingfan
This.

That's completely false. I live 10 minutes away from the Canadian border just outside of Detroit and our labor jobs such as landscaping and construction are plagued by illegal workers.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#44 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Distance

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

[QUOTE="wii60_3"][QUOTE="sherman-tank1"]So basically you are racist?

sherman-tank1

Ah I see.

I like how he tells you he's not white and only then can you see his point.

junglist101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 junglist101
Member since 2007 • 5517 Posts

I don't like the term illegal immigrant because it doesn't show the whole picture and is mainly used to demonize immigrants... Diablo-B
No it's not.  The only people who dislike that term are illegal immigrants and their sympathizers because it points out the obvious that they are in fact present illegally.  Simply calling them immigrants muddles the argument and is somewhat disrespectful to those who are lawful immigrants.

GummiRaccoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GummiRaccoon
Member since 2003 • 13799 Posts

Always wondered this. Wouldn't they have a better time of it in Canada as opposed to the US. I mean Canada has pretty robust social systems. Free healthcare. Good welfare and education programs. Everything a person of low means could want. The US systems tend to be more sparse and lean in comparison. Why isnt there more illegal immigration to Canada? Is it the distance?

sonicare

America is more accepting than Canada.  Just look how you treat your eskimos.

Diablo-B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Diablo-B
Member since 2009 • 4063 Posts

[QUOTE="Diablo-B"]I don't like the term illegal immigrant because it doesn't show the whole picture and is mainly used to demonize immigrants... junglist101

No it's not.  The only people who dislike that term are illegal immigrants and their sympathizers because it points out the obvious that they are in fact present illegally.  Simply calling them immigrants muddles the argument and is somewhat disrespectful to those who are lawful immigrants.

Firstly, you have people who have been living in the US for 10 - 20 years, have established lives and families and are living off of a work visa and struggling to get a more permanent status. Then due to the economic down turn they get laid off and lose their work visa status. They don't deserve the negative connotation of "illegal Immigrant."

Secondly, You have other people who came over as kids, no choice of their own but were raised here most of their lives and the US is the only home they know. They dont deserve the negative connotation of "illegal Immigrant."

Thirdly, and most important I have the right to dislike any term I choose.

Avatar image for VanHelsingBoA64
VanHelsingBoA64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 VanHelsingBoA64
Member since 2007 • 5455 Posts
[QUOTE="cballadares"]The reason is that Canada has a very good immigration system. If a company meed for example a farmer, a carpenter, a maid, doctors, engineers, etc. The company usually follow the next steps They contract an Mexican ( or other country) job agency . The job agency screen the applicant and sent the information to the Canada company. Since Mexico has literally millions of farmers, carpenters, maids, doctors, engineers etc. The Canadian company can CHOOSE the immigrant and they will choose immigrants that speak English( or Fresh or booth), immigrant with titles (HS, BSc, PhD, etc) Finally the company make a request to the Province and the immigrant is accepted in less than a year(they receive a Canadian residency before enter to the country) As you can see Canada DO NOT NEED illegals, because it is very easy for a company pick up their immigrants. Therefore the immigrants in Canada speak English, have trades and professions and are legals. Nobody need contract a person under the table. If an illiterate illegal immigrant goes to Canada they can not compete against the more educate immigrants. In the USA the situation are different. In the US you need more that 10 years for obtain a work permit, the visas for farmers are very few, there are not visas for maid neither fro trades. Therefore if you need for example a farmer, a maid or a carpenter you will need contract an illegal. ( American do not want to work as a farmer or maid, and today nobody like trades) Therefore if you are an illiterate farmer than only speak Spanish and want emigrate, you must go to the USA (illegally) . If you are professional, bilingual and with a title and want emigrate, you go to Canada(legally) By the way Mexican does not need visa to enter to Canada. Therefore if any Mexican wish to go to Canada they only need buy a plane ticket ($500) and fly 6 hours. If a Mexican want to be smuggle into the USA, they have to pay $5000 and cross the desert in a trek that last at least one week. Therefore from a Mexican perspective CANADA IS CLOSER THAN THE USA.

damn bruh why'd you bump this tho
Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
damn bruh why'd you bump this thoVanHelsingBoA64
lol i thought something was off