Why do you reject God and/or His Prophet Muhammad?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Vagal_Fiddle_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Vagal_Fiddle_6
Member since 2009 • 219 Posts
Dear moderator, I have discussed the topic with a mod and have been allowed to remake it with some alterations. I warn you before hand that this thread is a long one, please only post if you are in for a serious discussion and please read everything before posting. All major religions of the world had a divine starting but with time their beliefs and teachings were altered by man. Since the world wasnt connected an apostle was sent to every different society. Prophet muhammad claimed to be the last prophet to bring a new religion and declared Islam to be the final religion of God and a religion for the entire world for the rest of it's existence. And what better time did God choose, soon the world was indeed going to be transformed in a global village and there was no need for multiple religions. I ask a christian what evidence is there that jesus claimed to be the son of God? There is little evidence of his existence "let alone" anything else. The bible is the strongest evidence in favour of his existence but who can take the bible seriously when it says that human existence is only 6000 years old? Dont give me the metaphorical argument please, while it is understandable that God wouldnt explain genetic mutations to people 2000 years ago but what's wrong in telling them that it is millions of years old? The people could easily grasp simple numbers sorry! Regardless just why and why would God give incorrect information when He "knew" that one day man would find out that it's incorrect and it would cause all sorts of confusion about God? Muslims had always said that bible is no longer the word of God and that it had been permanantly altered by man's "own" thoughts, what furthur proof do you need of this than the grave scientific flaws in the bible? People say that the quran was written using christian scriptures, I ask you why did it not copy the creation story then? If muhammad was an imposter than how come the record of his life shows a guy of unparareled morals and character? Why did he himself not claim to be the son of God if he wanted pride and superiority? Why did he not let his portrait be made if he was a person with hunger for power and popularity? The same is with every other religion, the existence of their founders existence are even less than that of jesus, whoz to say that moses and krhisna arent mere fables and legends of history? Why are you not questioning the fact that you are being forced to have blind faith? Now I move my attention to agnostics and atheists for whom all the above talk is nonsense for obvious reasons. These are the set of people who generally like to consider themselves intellectuals and rationalists, they believe that God is a mere illusion of the mind created by humans who simply had no answer to the limitless mysteries of their existence. The fear of death and the cruel inequalities between humans created the ideas of heaven and hell and sin and reward. However the idea is all that there is and there is no evidence to support this claim. If we take the above idea to actually have happened, then we would see that groups of thinkers in the old ages decided to coin the idea of God, told everyone what they thought but DID NOT knew as fact and thus many people would follow their "idea" because perhaps it made them feel better. But that just isnt the way it happened, a single man used to rose all of a sudden to preach the existence of God and called it a fact and not just what he thought. He used to go so far as to put his life on the line defending his preaching, he used to suffer and reject bounties being offered in exchange of giving up his "idea". Now many have started to call them physic illusions. I cannot comprehend what sort of a physic illusion would make an intelligent man with a strong personality(muhammad for e.g.) consider the illusions as total undeniable "fact"? Surely he cant continue to get illusions for 23 years since illusions are unconsious beings and have no purpose? Why have I or you never experienced such strong illusions? Prophets is one of the prime evidence of the existence of God, I find it funny how throughout the internet atheists simply say "there is no evidence whatsoever of God" "there is as much evidence of God's existence as of the giant teapod" really is that so? How come none had an illusion to be the prophet of the flying sphatti monster or zeus? If ever a person dedicates and sacrificed his whole life to preaching the existence of the FSM, had very strong morals and character, I would convert! Show me one failed prophet who had all the characteristics mentioned above and I'll stop bringing prophets as any proof cuz then you could say that who knows how many failed attemps creates one muhammad or jesus. There have been many many false prophets since muhammad, none of them matched him in his morals and their legacy faded away in the blink of an eye after their death. Just to quickly address the impending response "muhammad was a pedophile". Well first of all there is contradictory evidence whether he married a child or not. However lets assume that he did, now the only thing wrong with pedophilia is that the child is not mature enough to give consent and thus cannot make the right decision for herself and may end up getting used for the wrong reasons. A 13-15 year old is sexually mature and there is nothing wrong with her having sex as long as it's not bad for her. God Almightly the All-Knowing All-Wise approved of the marriage who has to know whether it's gud or not for the girl. As it turned out the marriage was an emphatic success as ayesha's work proved very improtant for Islam. Ofcourse this is asuming that God actually exists and communicated with muhammad, but the thing is simple that you cant deem muhammad of bad intentions if his physic illusions whom he considered God said that it was ok to marry her. So he wasnt a pedophile no matter what way you look at it. The second powerful evidence of God is the quran. We see the quran of 800 A.D and in it it says that God will Himself protect the book of corruptions and 1300 years later, how emphatically true it is. There are also many things mentioned in the quran that the people of that time either didnt know or simply werent sure about like the world is a sphere etc. So far none of the scintific discoveries and advancements have contradicted the quran. I am sure most people here havent even read the last and the only preserved word of God by themselves even though they are the first to grab the God dellusion which is too sad. Now I would like to point about people pondering over things "why did God do it like this" "why does God give so much pain and suffering". While its ok to think about it but simply denouncing God based on something that doesnt make sense to you is not fair at all. God is God, He does whatever He pleases and in whatever way He pleases. You talk about evolution and big bang contradicting an omnipotent God, well I present to you a quranic verse sent down 1400 years ago, "And we created the heavens and the earth in seven long periods" Now is this not enough to prove that God never claimed to have created everything in the blink of an eye? A man-made relgion of 700 A.D would logically not say that and only believe things like "God blinked and there was creation". The only logical explantion of that verse is that God created everything through a process or else it wouldnt take "seven long periods". People often say that God is clearly not as loving and merciful as He claims to be, well I challenge you to find a quranic verse which says that God is the endless embodiment of love. It very clearly depicts God of a being who is very harsh at punishing and who wants to test people. He is very forgiving as well and is also mericful to those who seek it, however this "love" is thrown around too much and God has never claimed as much "love" in the quran as people who accuse religion generally think. "There are tons of religions out there, how the hell do I know what's the right one"? This problem has been addressed above, muhammad is the only founder of a major religion who existed as a matter of fact! So why do you still reject it?
SamusFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SamusFreak
Member since 2004 • 1932 Posts

yay! you sir have just made my day. I always love this kind of threads, and it has bee na slow day.

Time to get teh popcorn out and watc hthis unfold.(sips drink)

Avatar image for deactivated-5e836a855beb2
deactivated-5e836a855beb2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
Member since 2005 • 95573 Posts
I don't see how one can reject what doesn't exist.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Theokhoth
Member since 2008 • 36799 Posts

Dear moderator, I have discussed the topic with a mod and have been allowed to remake it with some alterations.Vagal_Fiddle_6

I doubt that, since this topic is identical to the last one.

Avatar image for XD4NTESINF3RNOX
XD4NTESINF3RNOX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 XD4NTESINF3RNOX
Member since 2008 • 7438 Posts

yay! you sir have just made my day. I always love this kind of threads, and it has bee na slow day.

Time to get teh popcorn out and watc hthis unfold.(sips drink)

SamusFreak
*takes some popcorn*
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Theokhoth

I don't see how one can reject what doesn't exist.Jandurin

Circular reasoning. . .

Avatar image for chessmaster1989
chessmaster1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 chessmaster1989
Member since 2008 • 30203 Posts
Stop remaking this thread? Kthnxbai
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts

I don't see how one can reject what doesn't exist.Jandurin

My thoughts exactly.

htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

Your point are weak. There have been several insane people who lived their lives dedicated to a false cause. There are fairytale today that are identical to how they were eons ago, this does not make them true.

How does one reject that which does not exist?

Also china called about the wall...

Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Teenaged
Member since 2007 • 31764 Posts

Why do you put so much effort trying to convince me to accept it?

Vagal_Fiddle_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Vagal_Fiddle_6

[QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"]Dear moderator, I have discussed the topic with a mod and have been allowed to remake it with some alterations.Theokhoth

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=26888723&tag=topics;title
Vagal_Fiddle_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Vagal_Fiddle_6

Your point are weak. There have been several insane people who lived their lives dedicated to a false cause. There are fairytale today that are identical to how they were eons ago, this does not make them true.

htekemerald
Give me an example?
Argantir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Argantir
Member since 2006 • 290 Posts
[QUOTE="htekemerald"]

Vagal_Fiddle_6
Give me an example?

okay here's one "Dear moderator, I have discussed the topic with a mod and have been allowed to remake it with some alterations. I warn you before hand that this thread is a long one, please only post if you are in for a serious discussion and please read everything before posting. All major religions of the world had a divine starting but with time their beliefs and teachings were altered by man. Since the world wasnt connected an apostle was sent to every different society. Prophet muhammad claimed to be the last prophet to bring a new religion and declared Islam to be the final religion of God and a religion for the entire world for the rest of it's existence. And what better time did God choose, soon the world was indeed going to be transformed in a global village and there was no need for multiple religions. I ask a christian what evidence is there that jesus claimed to be the son of God? There is little evidence of his existence "let alone" anything else. The bible is the strongest evidence in favour of his existence but who can take the bible seriously when it says that human existence is only 6000 years old? Dont give me the metaphorical argument please, while it is understandable that God wouldnt explain genetic mutations to people 2000 years ago but what's wrong in telling them that it is millions of years old? The people could easily grasp simple numbers sorry! Regardless just why and why would God give incorrect information when He "knew" that one day man would find out that it's incorrect and it would cause all sorts of confusion about God? Muslims had always said that bible is no longer the word of God and that it had been permanantly altered by man's "own" thoughts, what furthur proof do you need of this than the grave scientific flaws in the bible? People say that the quran was written using christian scriptures, I ask you why did it not copy the creation story then? If muhammad was an imposter than how come the record of his life shows a guy of unparareled morals and character? Why did he himself not claim to be the son of God if he wanted pride and superiority? Why did he not let his portrait be made if he was a person with hunger for power and popularity? The same is with every other religion, the existence of their founders existence are even less than that of jesus, whoz to say that moses and krhisna arent mere fables and legends of history? Why are you not questioning the fact that you are being forced to have blind faith? Now I move my attention to agnostics and atheists for whom all the above talk is nonsense for obvious reasons. These are the set of people who generally like to consider themselves intellectuals and rationalists, they believe that God is a mere illusion of the mind created by humans who simply had no answer to the limitless mysteries of their existence. The fear of death and the cruel inequalities between humans created the ideas of heaven and hell and sin and reward. However the idea is all that there is and there is no evidence to support this claim. If we take the above idea to actually have happened, then we would see that groups of thinkers in the old ages decided to coin the idea of God, told everyone what they thought but DID NOT knew as fact and thus many people would follow their "idea" because perhaps it made them feel better. But that just isnt the way it happened, a single man used to rose all of a sudden to preach the existence of God and called it a fact and not just what he thought. He used to go so far as to put his life on the line defending his preaching, he used to suffer and reject bounties being offered in exchange of giving up his "idea". Now many have started to call them physic illusions. I cannot comprehend what sort of a physic illusion would make an intelligent man with a strong personality(muhammad for e.g.) consider the illusions as total undeniable "fact"? Surely he cant continue to get illusions for 23 years since illusions are unconsious beings and have no purpose? Why have I or you never experienced such strong illusions? Prophets is one of the prime evidence of the existence of God, I find it funny how throughout the internet atheists simply say "there is no evidence whatsoever of God" "there is as much evidence of God's existence as of the giant teapod" really is that so? How come none had an illusion to be the prophet of the flying sphatti monster or zeus? If ever a person dedicates and sacrificed his whole life to preaching the existence of the FSM, had very strong morals and character, I would convert! Show me one failed prophet who had all the characteristics mentioned above and I'll stop bringing prophets as any proof cuz then you could say that who knows how many failed attemps creates one muhammad or jesus. There have been many many false prophets since muhammad, none of them matched him in his morals and their legacy faded away in the blink of an eye after their death. Just to quickly address the impending response "muhammad was a pedophile". Well first of all there is contradictory evidence whether he married a child or not. However lets assume that he did, now the only thing wrong with pedophilia is that the child is not mature enough to give consent and thus cannot make the right decision for herself and may end up getting used for the wrong reasons. A 13-15 year old is sexually mature and there is nothing wrong with her having sex as long as it's not bad for her. God Almightly the All-Knowing All-Wise approved of the marriage who has to know whether it's gud or not for the girl. As it turned out the marriage was an emphatic success as ayesha's work proved very improtant for Islam. Ofcourse this is asuming that God actually exists and communicated with muhammad, but the thing is simple that you cant deem muhammad of bad intentions if his physic illusions whom he considered God said that it was ok to marry her. So he wasnt a pedophile no matter what way you look at it. The second powerful evidence of God is the quran. We see the quran of 800 A.D and in it it says that God will Himself protect the book of corruptions and 1300 years later, how emphatically true it is. There are also many things mentioned in the quran that the people of that time either didnt know or simply werent sure about like the world is a sphere etc. So far none of the scintific discoveries and advancements have contradicted the quran. I am sure most people here havent even read the last and the only preserved word of God by themselves even though they are the first to grab the God dellusion which is too sad. Now I would like to point about people pondering over things "why did God do it like this" "why does God give so much pain and suffering". While its ok to think about it but simply denouncing God based on something that doesnt make sense to you is not fair at all. God is God, He does whatever He pleases and in whatever way He pleases. You talk about evolution and big bang contradicting an omnipotent God, well I present to you a quranic verse sent down 1400 years ago, "And we created the heavens and the earth in seven long periods" Now is this not enough to prove that God never claimed to have created everything in the blink of an eye? A man-made relgion of 700 A.D would logically not say that and only believe things like "God blinked and there was creation". The only logical explantion of that verse is that God created everything through a process or else it wouldnt take "seven long periods". People often say that God is clearly not as loving and merciful as He claims to be, well I challenge you to find a quranic verse which says that God is the endless embodiment of love. It very clearly depicts God of a being who is very harsh at punishing and who wants to test people. He is very forgiving as well and is also mericful to those who seek it, however this "love" is thrown around too much and God has never claimed as much "love" in the quran as people who accuse religion generally think. "There are tons of religions out there, how the hell do I know what's the right one"? This problem has been addressed above, muhammad is the only founder of a major religion who existed as a matter of fact! So why do you still reject it?"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5e836a855beb2
So, wait, is this a thread directed at Christians, asking why they believe in their God and not his?
12Bullets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 12Bullets
Member since 2009 • 1024 Posts
i dont
JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#18 JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts
"All major religions of the world had a divine starting but with time their beliefs and teachings were altered by man. Since the world wasnt connected an apostle was sent to every different society. Prophet muhammad claimed to be the last prophet to bring a new religion and declared Islam to be the final religion of God and a religion for the entire world for the rest of it's existence" Every religion claims they are the true religion. Your thread holds about as much water as a sieve.
htekemerald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 htekemerald
Member since 2004 • 7325 Posts

So, wait, is this a thread directed at Christians, asking why they believe in their God and not his?Jandurin
They are the same god.

Vagal_Fiddle_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Vagal_Fiddle_6

Teenaged
Becasue I believe the internet can be taken seriously now to an extent. Secondly I want to know why western atheists believe what they believe, maybe it'll change my stance on things who knows.
Leejjohno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Leejjohno
Member since 2005 • 13897 Posts

Interesting angle. But one could argue that not being able to disprove the existance of something, does not by default prove the existance of something, which is why this debate exists.

Vagal_Fiddle_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vagal_Fiddle_6
So, wait, is this a thread directed at Christians, asking why they believe in their God and not his?Jandurin
No. To christians I ask why they consider jesus to be God and why they reject muhammad.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]So, wait, is this a thread directed at Christians, asking why they believe in their God and not his?Vagal_Fiddle_6
No. To christians I ask why they consider jesus to be God and why they reject muhammad.

Muhammad never claimed to be God (nor did anybody write about him being God, if that's what you think the Bible is), so why should I accept Muhammad?

Jesus never raped a 9-year-old either. . .

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JustPlainLucas
[QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"][QUOTE="Teenaged"]

Becasue I believe the internet can be taken seriously now to an extent. Secondly I want to know why western atheists believe what they believe, maybe it'll change my stance on things who knows.

Well... I dunno... I'm firmly rooted to logic and science, and I don't necessarily believe that line of rational thinking is exclusive to just the West. :|

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5e836a855beb2

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]So, wait, is this a thread directed at Christians, asking why they believe in their God and not his?htekemerald

They are the same god.

Nah, I don't buy that.
Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts
but the thing is simple that you cant deem muhammad of bad intentions if his physic illusions whom he considered God said that it was ok to marry her. So he wasnt a pedophile no matter what way you look at it.Vagal_Fiddle_6
Oh okay, as long as he was dillusional and had sex with children he wasn't really a paedophile. Thanks for clearing that up.
soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 soldier-dark
Member since 2005 • 5909 Posts
You deny all possibility of the people lying or making things up to feel they have a purpose being the source of religion? It's not very far fetched, it's just as reasonable as your ideas. Also, to kind of nitpick at something else:

How come none had an illusion to be the prophet of the flying sphatti monster or zeus?

Actually, people did claim to talk to gods in Greece, haven't you ever heard of them? How about the Oracle that tons of the high ranking people went to for advice? They claimed to have visions and predictions, what's there to say they were wrong? And let's see your defense of Muhammed:

Why did he not let his portrait be made if he was a person with hunger for power and popularity?

Well, the thing is, he had tons of support, but if he were to claim to be the son of God I'm sure he wouldn't have had as easy of a time getting that support; it's a pretty risky move. He could have decided he had enough believers in him with the visions he claimed to have.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

Vagal_Fiddle_6

Well to answer your question (without having read your post as I am sure I have read similar arguments by another user - Stranger_4 - you dont know him dont worry... *cough*), I do not totally reject theism, I am just being skeptical for something that I know that if accepted it will define my life in a great degree. Thus I wont make a decision so fast knowing that it will affect my life.

Thats how I deal with VERY important issues. Very carefully.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="htekemerald"]

[QUOTE="Jandurin"]So, wait, is this a thread directed at Christians, asking why they believe in their God and not his?Jandurin

They are the same god.

Nah, I don't buy that.

Neither do I. If it was the same God then there wouldn't be so much dispute between the Big Three.

MotherSuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 MotherSuperior
Member since 2003 • 3745 Posts
Because nobody absolutely knows for certain if God exists. /thread
Vagal_Fiddle_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Vagal_Fiddle_6
Every religion claims they are the true religion. Your thread holds about as much water as a sieve. JustPlainLucas
All the other religions very base is extremely shaky that whether their founders even existed or not... And I think most agree that their teachings get altered with time...
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Theokhoth

Because nobody absolutely knows for certain if God exists.MotherSuperior

Do you know that for certain?

metroidfood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 metroidfood
Member since 2007 • 11175 Posts

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

Vagal_Fiddle_6

Because agnostics/atheists see no proof of God's existence. People have died for false causes before, dedication does not necessarily mean people are right.

Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts

[QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"]Dear moderator, I have discussed the topic with a mod and have been allowed to remake it with some alterations.Theokhoth

It's also funny how he got reprimanded for doing that in the link you posted
When moderators lock a thread, that does not mean to repost it verbatim again. This is not in keeping with our new religious topic guidelines.SkylinePigeon

th3warr1or

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#35 th3warr1or
Member since 2007 • 20637 Posts
You're Muslim, I'm a Christian. Why do you reject the Christian God? Game Over.
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Teenaged

[QUOTE="MotherSuperior"]Because nobody absolutely knows for certain if God exists.Theokhoth

Yes I can say that at least. But if a delusion helps in certainty and we take this into account then I will redifine my term of knowledge.

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Theokhoth

You're Muslim, I'm a Christian. Why do you reject the Christian God? Game Over. th3warr1or

He pretty much outlined why in his first post. . .

MotherSuperior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MotherSuperior
Member since 2003 • 3745 Posts

[QUOTE="MotherSuperior"]Because nobody absolutely knows for certain if God exists.Theokhoth

Yep. The only way to know if it exists is to die.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="MotherSuperior"]Because nobody absolutely knows for certain if God exists.Teenaged

Yes I can say that at least.

Sweet; you must be God if you have such all-encompassing knowledge of the experiences and lives of every human being.

But wait. . .that means you're wrong, since I am now certain that there is a god (you). . . . .but God can't be wrong! Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

soldier-dark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 soldier-dark
Member since 2005 • 5909 Posts
[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]Every religion claims they are the true religion. Your thread holds about as much water as a sieve. Vagal_Fiddle_6
All the other religions very base is extremely shaky that whether their founders even existed or not....

You say that, but let's take a religion like Christianity. There is evidence of the existence of Jesus. Now, I'm not saying that's a reason to believe in it as I certainly don't, but there isn't really argument on whether Jesus existed or not. But if you want to take the Bible as the evidence, well then that could just as well be said about the Quran and God's existence in either.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="MotherSuperior"]Because nobody absolutely knows for certain if God exists.MotherSuperior

Yep. The only way to know if it exists is to die.

Holy crap; two gods!

I wonder what would happen if you and Teenaged got into a fight.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 JustPlainLucas
[QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]Every religion claims they are the true religion. Your thread holds about as much water as a sieve. Vagal_Fiddle_6
All the other religions very base is extremely shaky that whether their founders even existed or not... And I think most agree that their teachings get altered with time...

So you're telling me that Islam, from the very beginning of time was never altered? Then what the hell did cavemen believe in? :?
Teenaged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Teenaged

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

Theokhoth

Yes I can say that at least.

Sweet; you must be God if you have such all-encompassing knowledge of the experiences and lives of every human being.

But wait. . .that means you're wrong, since I am now certain that there is a god (you). . . . .but God can't be wrong! Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Thats why I dont like people cutting my posts. Anyway.

Unless you mean that maybe god has revealed himself secretely to only a few people and we are ignorant of this. Well then sure if we abide by the rule that everythings possible...

EDIT: Who knows, maybe the FSM is real!

Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"][QUOTE="JustPlainLucas"]Every religion claims they are the true religion. Your thread holds about as much water as a sieve. JustPlainLucas

So you're telling me that Islam, from the very beginning of time was never altered? Then what the hell did cavemen believe in? :?

Islam began around 1,300 years ago, so. . . . .Islam. :|

Vagal_Fiddle_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Vagal_Fiddle_6

[QUOTE="Vagal_Fiddle_6"][QUOTE="Jandurin"]So, wait, is this a thread directed at Christians, asking why they believe in their God and not his?Theokhoth

Muhammad never claimed to be God (nor did anybody write about him being God, if that's what you think the Bible is), so why should I accept Muhammad?

Jesus never raped a 9-year-old either. . .

Becasue he is a prophet of God just like moses and jesus?:| Ah FAIL attack, you know NOTHING about the life of jesus so you better not bring that, it'll only go against you!!
nimatoad2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 nimatoad2000
Member since 2004 • 7505 Posts
my grandpa used to be religious till about 18 ( we are iranian) until he one day said to him mother " is heaven a F'ing Whorehouse that gives us 72 Virgins? its all complete BS" .. something along those lines.. and from there on **thank god** ( pun intended) , my family has not been an ounce religious.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts

And the one before it... The topic was locked the first time because it was BLOG MATERIAL. The mod who locked it even said so. The second one was locked because it was copied and pasted "verbatim" and still had nothing to offer. This third one isn't looking ANY different.
Theokhoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Theokhoth

[QUOTE="Theokhoth"]

[QUOTE="Teenaged"]Yes I can say that at least.

Teenaged

Thats why I dont like people cutting my posts. Anyway.

Unless you mean that maybe god has revealed himself secretely to only a few people and we are ignorant of this. Well then sure if we abide by the rule that everythings possible...

EDIT: Who knows, maybe the FSM is real!

My only point is this: Absolute statements of knowledge ("Nobody knows this/can know this") corrupts arguments absolutely.

finesse-gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 finesse-gamer
Member since 2009 • 946 Posts

The only god I would accept is one that if it turned out he didn't exist, it wouldn't hurt to obey his word anyway.

Islam is harmful to everyone who isn't a muslim, at it's very core it seeks to conquer the worldby any means necissary.

If islam were JUST a religion, it would be okay. But it's not, it's a religion, a culture, and most importantly a political system.

I guess for all intents and purposes to humanity this thread could be titled: "Why do you rejectNazism and it's leader Adolf Hitler?"

It's not an unfair analogy, at all. "Jihad" means self struggle, yes. But so does Mein Kampf.

Not all german soldiers were bad, but they needed to be stopped somehow.